overlordmikey
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Been gone for almost a month. As the rep for our company that ain't good, ya know? Our games are going well and my health is... alright. ^_^
    Yeah, I'm alive. I actually had some medical problems in my leg (swollen gland thing) and was in so much pain, but I'm okay.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Sorry to hear you've joined that club (my leg has also been giving me problems, as it has a slowly healing hole in it atm.) Leg injuries/illness are the worst, or at least being housebound because of them is. I want nothing more than to take a long hike up into the mountains right now, but instead I am stuck at my computer, using your problems as a poor excuse to ***** about my own.
    I think my depression is acting up. I just I don't wanna do anything. [goes to sleep]
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Could be the seasons changing. I know I'm there, and will be for about a month. Bleh.
    Kyuukon
    Kyuukon
    That's pretty normal I think xD!
    overlordmikey
    overlordmikey
    Yeah, add in my allergies. I hate this time of year. To hot and I can barely breath.
    [throws things at person who said 'I couldn't even tell you were gay, you don't even look gay!' as a "compliment".]
    overlordmikey
    overlordmikey
    At least I'm honest? I know you didn't mean anything by that, but that is kinda condescending just so you know.
    Gallia
    Gallia
    You can't decide if there is meaning in my words or not, i explained above that i accept anyone as a friend, regardless of prefferences etc, i mean if it doesn't mean anything then i don't know what will, i keep things simple, nothing have to be complicated, in real or not.
    overlordmikey
    overlordmikey
    Actually I CAN decide if there is meaning in yer words since you SAID THEM to ME. That's kinda how conversations work.
    Side note: The term is orientation.
    Them: You just want to force every character to be gay! Me:Huh? [thinks] WHAT A GREAT IDEA! EVERYONE IS GAY NOW!
    Varon1999
    Varon1999
    T-This is why one of my male character is now female...
    overlordmikey
    overlordmikey
    That reminds me of some good advice. When writing/creating something look at yer characters and ask - does this character HAVE TO BE white/male/het/cis?
    overlordmikey
    overlordmikey
    It's a great way to ensure diversity (as long as you don't intentionally flub it by just claiming 'Yes') because 97% of the time the answer is 'No'.
    Oh my, it turns out South East Asia is also experiencing terrible floods that have killed over a thousand people and has displaced millions.
    mlogan
    mlogan
    Has this one already killed that many? Just wondering because I read only a few hours ago that the concerns were that it would end up being like one a few years ago that had killed thousands.
    overlordmikey
    overlordmikey
    That's what I've heard, but I'll be honest - I haven't gotten much of a chance to research it. A lot of news have been more focused on Texas so...
    overlordmikey
    overlordmikey
    [sigh] it's sad to think this stuff is just gonna get worse and worse.
    So much work to be done. But I'm starting to get back my joy in making stuff! I suffer from depression and was having problems before.
    Wanna know the worst ways to react to constructive criticism? Complaining that someone is raking you over the coals for pointing out the
    overlordmikey
    overlordmikey
    Oh indeed, we're going to have a final meeting with her and if it goes the way we expect I doubt I'll have much reason to mention her again...ever.
    overlordmikey
    overlordmikey
    Be terrible if she got MV afterwords without listening to us - then tried to join this site - honestly she'd probably get banned or something pretty quickly - she tends to be very hostile toward people.
    overlordmikey
    overlordmikey
    Frankly I just wanna help her - even if I loath her. The less ignorant people in the world the better.
    Remember you can go about yer life during an Eclipse, but don't look at it without protection - it can damage yer eyes.
    overlordmikey
    overlordmikey
    That said, someone pointing out that looking at the shadow cast by trees during an Eclipse it supposed to be pretty amazing - I ain't go protective eye gear so many I'll check that out.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Make a pinhole camera! I got fancy with mine, but a piece of card with a hole in it and a bit of sidewalk is even enough! That, or Shade 12 welding goggles will do the trick.
    overlordmikey
    overlordmikey
    Eh' I might - that was the other suggestion.
    @shadefoundry It's a bit silly to say 'alienate' , but to be honest there is an overall lack of lead female main characters in videogames.
    overlordmikey
    overlordmikey
    Interesting... I don't know what yer games about so I can't comment. Do remember that it never hurts to expand yer horizons though. If yer unsure of yer abilities as members of the group yer trying to write for advise.
    overlordmikey
    overlordmikey
    That said - obviously don't try to force it - why not have yer next game star a women since you feel it wouldn't work out with yer current writing skills in this one.
    overlordmikey
    overlordmikey
    And hey, if you ever need a gay guys perspective I'm here. I mean if yer not gay... or hell even if ya are. I don't know... just offering.
    Mikey's no good at spriting yet (sigh), I need more practice. Anyway I hope ya all had a great weekend!
    This weekend I had a very... unpleasant... experience as a gay man while playing my aunt's old RPG Maker PSX game she made. :(
    overlordmikey
    overlordmikey
    A lot of people treat bigotry as "edgy" and whine freedom of speech and PC-Police at criticism. She even claimed people like me wouldn't "like it" because we don't have a sense of humor and are to PC.
    overlordmikey
    overlordmikey
    If PC means inclusive and not a terrible bigoted person (as it seem to have become) then I'm happy to be so honestly. Opens up a world of new story ideas and gives me a better less lazy sense of "humor" apparently.
    overlordmikey
    overlordmikey
    Anyway, thanks for being so supportive everyone. Makes me feel a little better about this weekend honestly knowing how supportive the the RPG Maker community can really be. Yer all great! :)
    Great I can't remember how to make things cost variables in Yanfly's Skill Learning Script! How did I forget something so simple!
    Trihan
    Trihan
    That's kind of how Three the Hard Way did it. I like customisable progression systems.
    overlordmikey
    overlordmikey
    I know! While the classic system is all nice and dandy there is something about that freedom that's wonderful!
    overlordmikey
    overlordmikey
    Now if only I could remember how I'm supposed to do it. -_-' I know it can be done something similar in the past.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I think Kipling said it best.

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
⁠And never breathe a word about your loss,
(...)
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
⁠And—which is more—you'll be a Man, my son!

Do you feel like your modern cities are too clean? I made some dumpsters and trash variations. Visit my MZ resource thread (link in signature).
Doing clean-up on tall-ified sprites, filling in pixel by pixel where the stretching warped the image, feels incredibly tedious but also highly rewarding when one zooms out and the sprite looks even better than before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andina