Time to live stream.. no mic though Aug 2, 2019

padr81 was last seen:
Oct 23, 2019 at 12:30 AM
    1. padr81
      padr81
      Time to live stream.. no mic though
    2. padr81
      padr81
      have degica removed the option to use an old version of mv from steam?
      1. samkfj
        samkfj
        You just need to change your version within steam, and you can select any version you want.
        Feb 10, 2019
        padr81 likes this.
    3. padr81
      padr81
      are there any complete full tileset styles other than the default that comes with mv, every other one seems to be missing something..
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        One thing you can try is finding something with a style you like and paying an artist to expand it. Even better, finding a bunch of things that are similar but not quite matching and asking an artist to alter them to match. It'll still be expensive, it's custom skilled work after all, but it's cheaper than starting from scratch.
        Jan 7, 2019
        padr81 likes this.
      3. padr81
        padr81
        @Sharm - Thanks you're a legend.
        Jan 7, 2019
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        Something else that might help; some artists will give you a discount on price if you let the artwork be released as CC-By later.
        Jan 7, 2019
        padr81 likes this.
    4. padr81
      padr81
      anyone want to build my game for me. I need a break.
      1. Kaeki and Marsigne like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. UNphiltered_khaos
        UNphiltered_khaos
        I'll do it, but I demand 50% cash/paypal/Cryptocurrency up front, 50% on finish.
        Oct 4, 2018
        Marsigne, FleshToDust and padr81 like this.
      4. padr81
        padr81
        @FleshToDust $500 dollars.. wish it would be that cheap.
        @unfilteredchaos I'm finished whining now haha. Its been 3 years so far so I'll probably see it through.
        Oct 4, 2018
        Kaeki, Marsigne and FleshToDust like this.
      5. UNphiltered_khaos
        UNphiltered_khaos
        3 years?!? Keep your chin up. I've been grinding on one of mine for 4 years, now. Ugh. Almost done. Good luck
        Oct 4, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
    5. padr81
      padr81
      3 years into development and I'm so tempted to completely restart my game.
      1. Traveling Bard likes this.
      3. padr81
        padr81
        Thanks guys, I just think I'm so much better with the engine now and I could do it so much better with a clean slate but yeah I suppose everyone says that.
        Sep 19, 2018
        atoms likes this.
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        Yeah, it's the same with a lot of things. You do it, you get lots better, your stuff done at the beginning looks wrong. But scrapping things because you got better is a great way to put yourself in an endless loop. Plus better doesn't always mean faster, it may actually take longer than 3 years to get back to where you are right now.
        Sep 19, 2018
        padr81, Traveling Bard and atoms like this.
      5. Traveling Bard
        Traveling Bard
        That endless loop...I can tell you from experience that that's real. I've been trying to make games for a decade. There are many projects in my archives that have gone through 2, 3, or even 4 complete overhauls. It took working in software to realize that you are always going to get better but in order to finish in a timely manner you have to accept what isn't broken & apply your new awesomeness to the next thing.
        Sep 19, 2018
        padr81 likes this.
    6. padr81
      padr81
      trying to delete all unnecessary armours from my game and start again, accidently deleted all the skills... long way to fix this.
      2. ??????
        ??????
        That sucks dude. I've been there! Isnt there a plugin to create a backup every time you playtest? There was tons of those for ace!
        Aug 2, 2018
        padr81 likes this.
      3. Traveling Bard
        Traveling Bard
        Aug 2, 2018
        padr81 likes this.
      4. padr81
        padr81
        thanks guys, my fault I suppose my back up is nearly a month old.
        Aug 2, 2018
    7. padr81
      padr81
      Managed to build a game in 12 hours for the game jam. Its pretty much chrono engine with new maps and a story but meh, I'll take it.
    8. padr81
      padr81
      Broke my wrist at MMA class, time I retired I think, 3rd broken bone in 2 years, getting too old for this...
      2. padr81
        padr81
        @The Stranger - I wish, I just put my hand under myself like an eejit while falling.
        @Philosophus Vagus - I've never fought MMA just kickboxing, I just trained it to keep fit.
        May 11, 2018
        starlight dream and The Stranger like this.
      3. padr81
        padr81
        May 11, 2018
        starlight dream and The Stranger like this.
      4. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        "Beat myself down"
        lol Don't mean to laugh at your pain, but it's a funny statement.
        May 12, 2018
    9. padr81
      padr81
      Probably going to do an MV tutorial tomorrow, anything anyone would like to see?
      1. Isabella Ava
        Isabella Ava
        detail guide on how to use Letactic plugin?
        Apr 10, 2018
      2. padr81
        padr81
        I've only dabbled with that plugin a few times but yeah that sounds like fun, i'll do that.
        Apr 10, 2018
        Isabella Ava likes this.
    10. padr81
      padr81
      is discord down for any of you guys
    11. padr81
      padr81
      1 big game that will take another 2 years to complete or 3 seperate games that will compromise the original story slightly... decisions..
      1. Guiguimu and The Stranger like this.
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Ah! Fair enough. I thought you had given up on it for a moment there. Personally, I'd do what you believe is in the best interests of the game itself. If you feel that chopping the game up into smaller, stand alone episodes would harm the narrative, then don't do it.Two years may sound like a long time, but it's really not all that long for game development.
        Jan 7, 2018
        Guiguimu and padr81 like this.
      4. Guiguimu
        Guiguimu
        Whatever ensures your vision of the story. When I met you, you had an idea.
        Jan 7, 2018
        padr81 and The Stranger like this.
      5. padr81
        padr81
        yeah just pondering a bit. I think I might add a poll to game thread, which btw needs huge updating so I'll prob get to that tonight.
        Jan 7, 2018
        Guiguimu and The Stranger like this.
    12. padr81
      padr81
      Ever feel like banging your head on a wall after you test 10 times, send your game to a LP'er and he finds a game breaker on the 1st map
      1. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        It's futile to try to fix all bugs. Just go with the flow and fix 'em as they come.
        Sep 19, 2017
        Guiguimu and padr81 like this.
      2. padr81
        padr81
        Thats true, mate, I did a silly thing, changed one detail on a map and forgot to put the right region no. on the tile...
        Just looks really bad when you send someone the game and they get stuck on first map.
        Sep 19, 2017
    13. padr81
      padr81
      So a game I made with my son and stuck on the playstore then forgot about over a year ago has 210 total downloads. He's so pround haha.
    14. padr81
      padr81
      Feels grateful that there are so many great people here who offer their time to help me out so much. Wish all communities were this cool.
      1. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        AMEN! All you have to do is send PM or create a post. Plus they keep the forum in order so everything is easy to find.
        Sep 5, 2017
    15. padr81
      padr81
      Latest demo with the testers, hurray. Final stages of work on ActI of my game underway if all comes back good.
      1. BloodletterQ and The Stranger like this.
      2. BloodletterQ
        BloodletterQ
        Looking forward to it
        Aug 31, 2017
        padr81 and The Stranger like this.
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Hope it goes well. Can't wait to play more of your game.
        Aug 31, 2017
        padr81 likes this.
      4. padr81
        padr81
        Thanks guys. Hope the bug testing goes well then I can release it to the public.
        Sep 1, 2017
        The Stranger likes this.
    16. padr81
      padr81
      53 playable maps completed. 7 more and I'll have all necessary maps for ActI of my game.
      1. Stanley likes this.
      2. Stanley
        Stanley
        Nice, keep at it
        Jul 31, 2017
    17. padr81
      padr81
      2 new packs to make into doodads. The horror.
      1. Archeia
        Jul 30, 2017
        Knayter and padr81 like this.
    18. padr81
      padr81
      Really wish I could hire a whole development theme and have them make my game while I dish out orders.
      1. Nutty171 and Guiguimu like this.
      3. padr81
        padr81
        @The Stranger - I took down the download because I'm busy fixing a few issues caused by 1.5 and some plugins. When I have a good playable version again I'll forward you a link if you'd like. I'm about a month and a half away from a fully complete 6-8 hour playable demo (basically the entire first act.) than i'll be putting up a public link.
        Jul 23, 2017
      4. padr81
        padr81
        Also just noticed I can't spell "Team" and typed "theme".
        Jul 23, 2017
      5. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Jul 23, 2017
        Guiguimu likes this.
    19. padr81
      padr81
      Anyone know an alternative for Enigma Virtual Box as that lags my game like crazy (by 30fps to be exact).
    20. padr81
      padr81
      My 9 year old daughter is better at parralax mapping than I am.
      2. padr81
        padr81
        Jul 10, 2017
        Marsigne, Guiguimu, Verdelite and 2 others like this.
      3. Guiguimu
        Guiguimu
        Ahahah great plan. Teaches your kids responsibilities in life while allowing them to do something they enjoy! What a cute little girl, so smart! I really do love the map!
        Jul 10, 2017
      4. Stanley
        Stanley
        Agreed, kids have patience in these sorta things. Especially if it's fun to them. They absorb and learn things much faster than we teens and adults do. Teach her as much as possible while she's still young
        Jul 10, 2017
        Verdelite, padr81 and The Stranger like this.
  • About

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I do lots of stuff in my spare time, music is my passion and along with my "real" job, my source of income. In my spare time I build games, and have fun doing vfx stuff with my kids.

Signature

Check out my big project Remnants of Ardrus over in project development.

Also check out the game I made with my son in a couple of weeks on MV for mobile here.