Recent content by Papillon Effect

1. Papillon Effect

How to raise and take care of animals

I know I was joking. Sorry.
  2. Papillon Effect

Voice acting in RPG maker games?

Ok so I'm seeing a lot of people saying "As long as it's good". I'm not worried about the quality, some of us on our team are voice actors and know others. Is there a way to mass disable sound files? Like the easiest way I would think is for two versions, one with voice acting that could be...
  3. Papillon Effect

I wish I could draw like this

I love this, I wish I could do this. We have the equipment, It's just training the eye that I've spent so little time working on.
  4. Papillon Effect

I see what you mean. How do you feel about something like "Simlish" from the sims games or something like this. Yooka Laylee just came out recently and some people think it's really charming. In the original Banjo games I didn't really notice it, I filtered it out. There are also people who...
  5. Papillon Effect

The Most Important Question: Vanilla Coke (The official be a little bit silly thread)

Not my top pick, but I would drink it over a good amount of soda.
  6. Papillon Effect

We were just curious. The thought occurred to have sound effects like in Banjo-Kazooie. It would be for comedic effect. Like German dialogue that says something like a grocery list, but since the player can't understand it they would just read the text. Making sort of a hidden joke or something.
  7. Papillon Effect

Hello everyone, We were wondering if there were any examples of RPG maker games with voice acting? I'm guessing people would just set the sound file to play when the text shows up. Just thought I'd ask, it would be interesting to see how it's implemented or if it even adds anything to the...
  8. Papillon Effect

Failure is Common

Arin from Game Grumps made a comment about gambling. He said if you don't quit, you haven't lost yet. Not the best advice for gambling, but good advice for someone trying to accomplish a goal.
  9. Papillon Effect

How to raise and take care of animals

Dang if people consider Stardew Valley obscure while being a top selling game of the year 2016 (and still is a top seller). We have no hope for our games. At any rate, RoxyStarlite you might want to check out: and You could talk on their steam forums or message the developers. Both games are...
  10. Papillon Effect

Hey Antera I was thinking about how you want custom side view battlers and I remembered this...

Hey Antera I was thinking about how you want custom side view battlers and I remembered this plugin. https://victorenginescripts.wordpress.com/rpg-maker-mv/battler-graphic-setup/ I hope this helps.
  11. Papillon Effect

How do you add sprites for diagonal movement?

Oh sorry about the wrong forum posting. I'm using the Yami 8 direction, which I found in the DLC plugins that come with MV. I wouldn't have known it was there if not for a thread from 2015 where Shaz points it out. I've done a search and I can only find the old thread pointing out that it...
  12. Papillon Effect

MV Character design : Fuse/Miximo, Daz3D vs GCH vs Spriter vs Daz3D vs MakeHuman

Yeah, no we don't. Sorry on that part friend.
  13. Papillon Effect

MV Character design : Fuse/Miximo, Daz3D vs GCH vs Spriter vs Daz3D vs MakeHuman

No we aren't using side view battlers. We are using animations specific to attacks, like in "Lisa" or "Hylics". Spriter makes that easier. I could see how it could be used for side view battlers though.
  14. Papillon Effect

How do you add sprites for diagonal movement?

Hello, We are using the Yami 8 direction plugin and wanted to know how to add sprites for diagonal movement? I also found this video on the Victor Engine showing their diagonal movement and it has sprites for the respective angles. I'm guessing I just have to make the sprite sheet in a...
  15. Papillon Effect

Changing Font MV/8 Direction Movement

Sorry to dig up an old thread but could someone link me to a plugin to make the diagonal directions have animations? Edit: Um I just found out that I'm not supposed to bring up threads older than 30 days. Sorry for necro posting. I'll just start a new thread. Also I don't know how to delete...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Anyone here ever confronted a never-ending loading screen? Took me 3 hours to realize the problem was the font format :yswt:
Ah, the problems a noob runs into...
WOOHOO!! FIXED A MAJOR SHOP PROBLEM I HAD FOR MONTHS, WHAT A WAY TO END MY STAY-CATION!
44 viewers at the same time!! :p That must be a personal record! ;)

1643393895196.png

I tried to make a face portrait.
it's the first ever time I try something like this, hope it came out decently even if it was my first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Medamaude