Awarded Medals 2

Birthday:
Feb 10, 1986 (Age: 33)
It's a secret, I'm not allowed to tell.

Share This Page

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped..., 33, from Fukuoka, Japan

Veteran

I wonder if there is a IGMC this year? I just realized that we're at the end of October, when it's usually announced. Let's wait and see! :) Oct 23, 2019

Parallax Panda was last seen:
Nov 12, 2019 at 11:03 PM
    1. Parallax Panda
      Parallax Panda
      I wonder if there is a IGMC this year? I just realized that we're at the end of October, when it's usually announced. Let's wait and see! :)
      1. SpicyNoodleStudios likes this.
      2. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        Maybe they don't want to conflict with the writing challenge always held in November for once?
        Oct 23, 2019
        Parallax Panda likes this.
      3. Parallax Panda
        Parallax Panda
        You mean NaNoWriMo? But, but... this year I decided to skip it and consider IGMC instead! :o Then again, wasn’t IGMC announced around October 28th last year, or does my memory fail me? Maybe an announcement is still around the corner?
        Oct 23, 2019
    2. Parallax Panda
      Parallax Panda
      Aw man, HimeWorks seems to be down (just as I was about to grab a plugin). Hope the site will be back up soon.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Parallax Panda
        Parallax Panda
        Jun 16, 2019
      3. Elliott404
        Elliott404
        Oh, that one! Yea, they're quite fine. I am using it with Yanfly's message core patch so I can implement them in message positions.
        Jun 16, 2019
      4. Parallax Panda
        Parallax Panda
        Yeah it's a nifty one. I guess, since I for some unknown reason can't access the site, I'll ask someone else to download it for me. Although that means I can't implement this today.

I guess that means it's good night for me!
        Jun 16, 2019
    3. Parallax Panda
      Parallax Panda
      Not a lot of tutorials for VN Maker out there on YouTube... or anywhere else either it seems. Such a promising engine, so little support. :/
      2. Parallax Panda
        Parallax Panda
        @SimProse I feel you. There has been a lot of bugs in the engine for sure. While I can't say for sure, I think they've taken care of most of them by now? But maybe it was a little to late?
        In any case, looked up your game, nice. It reminds me of those old fighting fantasy game books with the life system. How long did it take you to learn the engine and make the game?
        Feb 17, 2019
      3. Parallax Panda
        Parallax Panda
        @Milennin Yeah well the launch didn't go super smooth so they probably lost a lot of hype there. But I believe they could/can make up for that by showing effort. Although I admit it's not easy without a strong core community backing them up.
        Feb 17, 2019
      4. Parallax Panda
        Parallax Panda
        MV has a handfull of YouTuber's doing tutorials and first impression videos, acting like a glue for the community. And then there's skilled and nice plugin creators like Yanfly, MogHunter, Galv etc that helped fix most of the flaws of the engine once it launched and enhanced it further. VN Maker doesn't have neither of those... unfortunally.
        Feb 17, 2019
    4. Parallax Panda
      Parallax Panda
      Thanks to the STEAM sale I managed to buy a bunch of stuff that's been on my wishlist for ages - including VN Maker (finally!)
      1. Finnuval likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Finnuval
        Finnuval
        @OmnislashXX knowing her (and some of her work) she probably won't have a problem with it, I think
        Feb 7, 2019
      4. Parallax Panda
        Parallax Panda
        @OmnislashXX Not true, You have a lot of backgrounds that come with the engine, and you can use assets from RM engines (you own) as well. And if that’s not enough then there’s asset packs with enviromemts out there for just a few dollars.

Biggest problem might be finding good character art but if you’re creative there is easy to use 3D generators for that as well...
        Feb 7, 2019
        Finnuval likes this.
      5. Parallax Panda
        Parallax Panda
        Feb 7, 2019
        Finnuval likes this.
    5. Parallax Panda
      Parallax Panda
      Want to buy Humble bundle, can't buy humble bundle. Mastercard denied. Paypal, denied. Angy... angry panda! Raarrgh!
      1. TakeHomeTheCup likes this.
      3. cabfe
        cabfe
        Send me the money, I'll buy it for you.
        *prepares his luggage for a quick escape*
        Nov 9, 2018
      4. Parallax Panda
        Parallax Panda
        @FrozenNorseman Just the 1$ one for the character HUB stuff. Actually managed to get a friend to gift it to me so I’m much happier today. But still not sure why I couldn’t buy it myself.
        Nov 9, 2018
      5. Parallax Panda
        Parallax Panda
        @cabfe Not sure 1$ would be worth a grand escape :D
        Nov 9, 2018
        cabfe likes this.
    6. Parallax Panda
      Parallax Panda
      Best way to start writing a story? That's a question I've been asking myself for years now. Tried many things, still haven't got an answer.
      1. megumi014 and Marsigne like this.
      3. Parallax Panda
        Parallax Panda
        @Matseb2611 An idea past on from your mom? Wow, that's cool. Did you maybe have an inspirational drought at the time as well?

I came up with something this morning that could fit into a cyber punk game and I've been writing all day. I just hope I can finish an outline before my inspiration runs out. :)
        Oct 24, 2018
        Matseb2611 likes this.
      4. Matseb2611
        Matseb2611
        No, gladly there were no droughts. I kind of always have ideas (if anything I don't have the time to bring them all to life), but one day when I was telling my mum about my games, she mentioned that idea, and I decided to go on with it. :D

Good idea. Hold on to that muse before she runs off. :p
        Oct 24, 2018
      5. Parallax Panda
        Parallax Panda
        I'll try my best to do so. Although it's past midnight now so I probably should go to bed. I can always continue tomorrow.
        Oct 25, 2018
        Matseb2611 and Finnuval like this.
    7. Parallax Panda
      Parallax Panda
      I want to prepare for this November’s NaNoWriMo cause I know I need an outline to stand a chance... but... Can’t. Come up. With. Anything...
      1. SpaceBot likes this.
      3. Parallax Panda
        Parallax Panda
        @Benny Jackdaw Many authors choose to write an outline of their story before they start writing they actual novel/story. It's basically a road map that you can follow so you don't have to make everything up as you go. Planning ahead to put it simple.
        Oct 13, 2018
      4. Benny Jackdaw
        Benny Jackdaw
        just think about the story as a whole. when I come up with a story, I generally think up how the story will go in a nutshell and use that as my map.
        Oct 13, 2018
      5. Parallax Panda
        Parallax Panda
        @Benny Jackdaw That's not how my creative mind works though. I come up with a single character, scene or maybe even just a line of dialogue that I like and then I try to make a story out of it.
        Oct 13, 2018
    8. Parallax Panda
      Parallax Panda
      I kinda want to make an RPG maker game, I also kinda want to write a VN. So I’m stuck between a rock and a hard place.
      1. RaynRayn likes this.
      3. Parallax Panda
        Parallax Panda
        @cabfe if you did a VN in Rpg Maker I’m sure you had to jump through a lot of hoops to make that happen. RM is not really ideal for handling large conversation trees after all.
        Unless you desperately wanted RM’s built in battle system a VN adapted engine probably would’ve made more sense (and saved you time?).
        Sep 30, 2018
      4. cabfe
        cabfe
        There's no combat. I just use the engine for displaying stuff. Sure, I had to reprogram basic VN controls to emulate the functionalities, but in the end it works. It would have been faster with VN Maker for example, but you can't show your characters' sprites and make them move in VNM like in RM.
        Sep 30, 2018
      5. Parallax Panda
        Parallax Panda
        That might be. I'd probably use VN maker or velociraptor (<--Haha, RMW changed the name of their rival VN engine into that, funny. :D ) though... even though that would mean I'd not be able to easily add any game elements (not easily being able to do it means I'll not do it). In return, VN functionality would probably be better though.
        Sep 30, 2018
    9. Parallax Panda
      Parallax Panda
      Eventually I'll finish a game in RPG maker (I tell myself), but let's take a break from the engine for now...
      1. atoms likes this.
      3. Parallax Panda
        Parallax Panda
        Best of luck to you then, @OmnislashXX . I'll be back, just need a break where I'm not thinking about making RM games all the time. Maybe even spend some time on my other hobbies too.
        Sep 17, 2018
        OmnislashXX likes this.
      4. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        But, when your full of ideas, that's the best time to do it. Of course, than you can be overwhelmed.
        Sep 18, 2018
      5. Parallax Panda
        Parallax Panda
        @OmnislashXX True. I think sometimes when you've just been grinding away at it, at some point you have to stop banging your head against that same wall. Maybe just "quit", and do something else for a while. Then you can come back with a fresh mindset and start over again. At least I that's how I felt this time around.
        Sep 18, 2018
    10. Parallax Panda
      Parallax Panda
      I wonder if there'll be a forum section dedicated to Pixel Game Maker MV or not?
      1. Marquise* likes this.
      3. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        Also granted, idk how are PGM rivals like construct, GM, and 2D kits in Unity (that also claimed no need scripting to make 2D platformer) works. But still, in the end which one that able to make the tool quite convenient, it's the one that will win.
        Jul 25, 2018
      4. Parallax Panda
        Parallax Panda
        True. I’d say that Game Maker has the upper hand for now when it comes to 2D engines where there is ”no programming needed”. Hard to say if Pixel Game Maker can trumf the GM brand which have been in the market for years. We’ll have to wait and see, but I’m doubtful.
        Jul 26, 2018
      5. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        I guess they will pass alpha first before getting messages. Hopefully :3
        Jul 28, 2018
    11. Parallax Panda
      Parallax Panda
      Just finished playing 「Zelda: A Link Between Worlds」 on my 2DS. Great Zelda game, very nostalgic for old SNES fans. What now?
      2. Parallax Panda
        Parallax Panda
        Good to know. Sounds like a good fix that would make it much more troublesome and time consuming to troll game devs you don't like... as it should be :)
        Jul 4, 2018
        Sauteed_Onion and Matseb2611 like this.
      3. Matseb2611
        Matseb2611
        Jul 4, 2018
        Parallax Panda and Sauteed_Onion like this.
      4. Parallax Panda
        Parallax Panda
        @Matseb2611 You have a wealth of information on RM, STEAM and game dev'ing :)

I'll have to read that blog!
        Jul 4, 2018
        Matseb2611 and Sauteed_Onion like this.
    12. Parallax Panda
      Parallax Panda
      If you link me games and projects that’s using Vexed Enigma’s “POP!” DLC, I’ll be a very happy (and grateful) Panda. (⌒▽⌒)♡
      2. starlight dream
        Jun 30, 2018
        Mrs_Allykat and Parallax Panda like this.
      3. Parallax Panda
        Parallax Panda
        @starlight dream Nice! Too bad the map is so small, but the tileset really is a good one (but pretty difficult to use unfortunately). I can't decide if ti would be best to make parallax maps with it in TileD or use it as is in the editor? Hm...
        Jun 30, 2018
        starlight dream and Mrs_Allykat like this.
      4. Mrs_Allykat
        Mrs_Allykat
        I would think that some really sharp parallax scrolling "layers" would make a regular map using POP would end up with a very "Minecraft" looking game-zone. It could end up being very interesting to look at!
        Jun 30, 2018
        starlight dream likes this.
    13. Parallax Panda
      Parallax Panda
      Argh... why do all time system plugins come with (what seems to be) forced month/year/season stuffs? I just want time and week days darn it!
      1. Jhale M. and starlight dream like this.
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Maybe you could use Yanfly's Gab Window to display the date. You're right, though, it will be a bit of a hassle. It's really strange that no one has created a super basic time plug-in, they all have months, years and seasons. xD
        Jun 7, 2018
        Jhale M. and Parallax Panda like this.
      4. Parallax Panda
        Parallax Panda
        @The Stranger I guess they all assume that the only reason one would want a day/night cycle is because you're building a harvest moon clone! :D ...aw.. Well, the whole time/day problem got be bugged out so I'm going to step away from it for a while and think about it later. I have to do it eventually but right now it seems like a hassle. Gab window might be worth a try though.
        Jun 7, 2018
        The Stranger likes this.
      5. Mrs_Allykat
        Mrs_Allykat
        I didn't notice your post before this one Panda. I use a system for time of day (light dark) in a project I have on hold at the moment. It's an adaptation from SRD and Driftood Gaming's set up. I'll PM you my code. Just make a common event, and then it's just a matter of putting the variables in whatever menu/gui you use.
        Jun 29, 2018
    14. Parallax Panda
      Parallax Panda
      Got released from the hospital earlier today with some medicine called "Clopidogrel" (Will take short break from MV during rehabilitation).
      2. Kuro DCupu
        Kuro DCupu
        Yeah, we paid him well.
        Jun 3, 2018
      3. Parallax Panda
        Parallax Panda
        Luckily for me, I caught up with my internet life yesterday so I can relax and take it easy today. :) Thinking about what I should do with my "free" day today...
        Jun 3, 2018
      4. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        Wiggle your toes ^^
        Jun 3, 2018
    15. Parallax Panda
      Parallax Panda
      Got a stroke (at 32!), got hospitalized, got a snoring room neighbour. But, I’m lucky to still be alive (and able to speak & move normally).
      2. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        @Vincent Chu This is helpful for all of us to think about our habits. As we get older, we shouldn't shrug over things like sleep deprivation, headaches and pains. A bit of self nurturing can go a long way.^^
        @Sauteed_Onion Sorry you've been through such a hard experience but I'm happy if you're feeling mewfully better now. :)
        May 27, 2018
      3. Parallax Panda
        Parallax Panda
        Thanks everyone. I’ll try not to worry too much and stay positive. I’ll also be looking after my diet and sleep habits in the future.

I actually hate (fear) hospitals and medicine so all the support is really appreciated! :)
        May 28, 2018
      4. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        Hi! How are you feeling today?:)

Most of us dislike hospitals but you'll be back home soon, when you're not at risk anymore^^ A couple of days of monitoring to make sure you're stable and then you're ready to return to your cozy place.

It's tough to rest in a hospital, becuz of the noise and staff is often walking in. But glad that our support is helpful a bit!.. ❤ xoxo
        May 28, 2018
    16. Parallax Panda
      Parallax Panda
      Aw, maaan... Only got room for 3 party member's "battle windows" on screen, so maybe I should just go with 3 (instead of 4)? Hm...decisions!
      1. Sauteed_Onion likes this.
      3. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        You could have 4 characters, and the player chooses 3 to be in the party at a time. Or you force which 3 are in the party at a time, to control their interactions?
        Apr 22, 2018
      4. Parallax Panda
        Parallax Panda
        @Milennin That's true I guess. What the forth member can be used for is to have some different class that makes the traditional trinity more complex. Usual roles would be some kind of thief or mage/wizard I guess.
        Apr 22, 2018
      5. Parallax Panda
        Parallax Panda
        @starlight dream Oh, but I don't like to have people sitting on the bench! It feels like they're not being used. I'm OK with people temporary leaving and being replaced because of scripted events though. :)
        Apr 22, 2018
    17. Parallax Panda
      Parallax Panda
      Gah! I keep scratching my head over what lightning plugin to use! I've got some difficult choices to make.
      2. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        Maybe you can get more advice or suggestions in the forums. Although if you keep scratching your head an idea is bound to appear! :)
        Apr 8, 2018
        Sauteed_Onion and Parallax Panda like this.
      3. Parallax Panda
        Parallax Panda
        @starlight dream You're right. I'll probably end up asking in the forums eventually if I don't find a solution on my own. But opening a new thread and surveilling it takes time that is probably better spent finishing my first demo (even without lightning if necessary) right now. I want feedback from all the onions as soon as possible after all :)
        Apr 8, 2018
      4. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        That is true, it's something you can implement later. There's no point on getting stuck over 1 technicality at this point. The onions are stirring with impatience! ;)
        Apr 8, 2018
    18. Parallax Panda
      Parallax Panda
      So after much consideration, I've decided to NOT uninstall RMMV. I just can't allow myself to "quit" RM without finishing at least ONE game!
      2. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        Hahaha And the seriousness of that review is even funnier. Now how do I protect my eyes from the tears of laughter? :D
        Apr 3, 2018
        Sauteed_Onion and Parallax Panda like this.
      3. Parallax Panda
        Parallax Panda
        "Now how do I protect my eyes from the tears of laughter?" - Onion Googles!
        Apr 3, 2018
      4. Sauteed_Onion
        Sauteed_Onion
        Tasty.
        Apr 8, 2018
    19. Parallax Panda
      Parallax Panda
      I think I got like one or two hours of sleep last night... so I'm going to be a zombie for the rest of the day! BRaaAAaaaiiinsss....
      2. Parallax Panda
        Parallax Panda
        @starlight dream True. That's what we call "Panda Power"! And since sequels are almost always worse than the originals let's hope not!

@Poryg You'll be surprised what bamboo can do for you. It improves your life I tell ya!
        Mar 29, 2018
      3. Parallax Panda
        Parallax Panda
        @OmnislashXX Crap... it seems like not everyone was cured! Run! Protect your braaa-iiiin-sss! :)
        Mar 29, 2018
        starlight dream and OmnislashXX like this.
      4. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        Lets hope @OmnislashXX will get enough sleep tonight. o_O Back in the armor I go.
        Mar 29, 2018
    20. Parallax Panda
      Parallax Panda
      Going to take this chance to check out the free trial for VN maker on STEAM! :D
      1. starlight dream and The Stranger like this.
      2. Parallax Panda
        Parallax Panda
        Managed to download and install VN maker but I didn't get further in today. Realized I should probably find a beginner tutorial before I dive in, and I'll do that tomorrow. Pretty sleepy now and I have rings around my eyes... Oh, right. The rings might be because I'm a Panda :D
        Mar 17, 2018
      3. starlight dream
  • About

Birthday:
    Feb 10, 1986 (Age: 33)
    It's a secret, I'm not allowed to tell.
    First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Interests: