Philosophus Vagus
Birthday:
Jun 14, 1991 (Age: 28)

Share This Page

Philosophus Vagus

The drunken bird dog of rpg maker, Male, 28, from Hopefully somewhere secluded

Veteran

So...Chimeras are no longer the stuff of myth and fantasy it would seem (kinda freaky): Aug 4, 2019

1. Philosophus Vagus
      Philosophus Vagus
      So...Chimeras are no longer the stuff of myth and fantasy it would seem (kinda freaky):
      1. The Stranger likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Chimeras are also naturally occuring. They're organisms composed of two or more genetically distinct tissues. Human chimeras are fascinating. A person can have two different blood types, different DNA than the parents, strange birthmarks, and other interesting things. This does sound like it could lead to Planet of the Apes, though. xD
        Aug 4, 2019
      4. PaladinJessa
        PaladinJessa
        Ive seen enough Full Metal Alchemist to know where this is going.
        Aug 4, 2019
        Philosophus Vagus likes this.
      5. Benny Jackdaw
        Benny Jackdaw
        REAL LIFE FURRIES! :D
        Aug 5, 2019
    2. Philosophus Vagus
      Philosophus Vagus
      Somehow platinumed a game for the first time in my life. Didn't even mean to; probably will never happen again.
      1. Knighteriius and The Stranger like this.
      3. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        He really grows on you once Iron Mike comes along, and more so when helping Sarah deal with her demons and into the endgame.

I like to read the reviews just to see how off they are. Most games I like get abysmal reviews for some reason, it's pretty easy to tell normally when it's agenda-driven. Still, they seemed harsher towards days gone than usual for some reason.
        May 13, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Yeah. It was nice seeing him go from someone who didn't care about selling people into slavery (that old woman's camp) to someone who felt like he had a new home, as if he belonged. You could see that he was living in the past, and using his own grief to justify his actions. When people called him out on it, he never knew what to say.
        May 13, 2019
      5. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        I also really liked needing to ride all the way to his wife's memorial in the overrun camp every one in a while so he could talk to her. I don't know. It really helped convey that he was still grieving. He even got angry when he found Freaks milling about up there.
        May 13, 2019
    3. Philosophus Vagus
      Philosophus Vagus
      When you are such a minimalist phone miser that your phone company texts you to inform you that they're no longer supporting it and you'll..
      1. View previous comments...
      2. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        I don't even have a working phone.
        Apr 20, 2019
      3. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        22 notifications...out of all the statuses to blow up while I'm gone, seriously, this one is the one that gets 22 notifications? @Wavelength some sort of brick, it's a tracfone and it's one of the oldass foldables. Almost had it 7 years, still works fine, a little pissed I have to replace it honestly, the things a brick, nothing breaks it, unlike 'smart'phones.
        Apr 20, 2019
        BadLittleSeed and Wavelength like this.
      4. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        Guess that's why they decided to stop supporting it, probably. Because this is the age of getting 3 phones a year, not that of getting a new one every decade like I want it to be. :D
        Apr 20, 2019
        BadLittleSeed and Wavelength like this.
    4. Philosophus Vagus
      Philosophus Vagus
      So in the wake of the tragic loss of an ancient historical landmark, a fascinating possibility for restoration emerges.
      1. BadLittleSeed and SpaceBot like this.
      3. Vance Raehart
        Vance Raehart
        i like the Trump solution for it. Flying water tanker! we must act quickly! you have to love his twitter!
        Apr 16, 2019
      4. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        :guffaw: little late now, but that's hindsight for you. Would have been a great plan if it could have been prepared 8 hours ago.
        Apr 16, 2019
        BadLittleSeed and Vance Raehart like this.
      5. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        I know this is in poor taste. But I just can't help myself.
        Apr 16, 2019
    5. Philosophus Vagus
      Philosophus Vagus
      Switched my browser today, couldn't remember my password for here. Then couldn't remember the password for my email address either...
      1. OmnislashXX and SpaceBot like this.
      3. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        Beyond annoying. Everything is, Silicon valley is hell-bent on censoring anything and everything that doesn't fit their world view, dismissing it as fake. As if Asbestos wasn't "harmless" 30 years ago, or doctors didn't recommend "healthy cigarettes" for their health benefits 50 years past. Yet we're gonna shut down anyone who doesn't agree with the status quo now as conspiracy and not bat an eye?
        Apr 12, 2019
      4. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        Actually the reason I switched browsers, since chrome and mozilla banned an alternative app to their censorious bs. Brave is amazing though, where in chrome I'd get partisan clickbait every time I loaded the homepage, with Brave it's nothing but nature photos and a counter of malicious ads it's blocked for me thusfar. :D
        Apr 12, 2019
        SpaceBot and MushroomCake28 like this.
      5. SpaceBot
        SpaceBot
        I can't believe that saying NPC can get you in trouble now a days. :guffaw: wtf
        Apr 12, 2019
    6. Philosophus Vagus
      Philosophus Vagus
      Huh, who knew black holes looked like the eye of Sauron, we've been depicting them wrong all along:
      2. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        One day we will have cameras so good, we'll be able to see planets and the inhabitants living there.
        Apr 11, 2019
        The Stranger and SpaceBot like this.
      3. Dalph
        Dalph
        The universe is both a scary and fascinating place.
        We're lucky to be living in a period of time where we can appreciate its beauty, even if not entirely.
        Apr 11, 2019
      4. The Mighty Palm
        The Mighty Palm
        Black holes ARE eyes of Sauron. Dont be fooled by naysayers. Thats how Morgoth will win in the end if we let him.
        Apr 11, 2019
        Philosophus Vagus and SpaceBot like this.
    7. Philosophus Vagus
      Philosophus Vagus
      Neighbors apparently don't overly care, If anything they seemed surprised I came and told them what happened. Is candor truly so uncommon?
      1. Finnuval and SpaceBot like this.
      2. SpaceBot
        SpaceBot
        It is pretty uncommon in my experience.
        I'm really glad they didn't overreact.
        Apr 10, 2019
        Finnuval likes this.
      3. Finnuval
        Finnuval
        sadly, yes
        Apr 10, 2019
        SpaceBot likes this.
    8. Philosophus Vagus
      Philosophus Vagus
      Met some neighbors who live across the woods today when my dog got loose and murdered 3 of their caged chickens.
      1. Finnuval and SpaceBot like this.
      3. cabfe
        cabfe
        Well, if your dog isn't going to come near that place again, your neighbor should be OK with it. But if it might happen again...
        Apr 10, 2019
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        So he's a hunting dog. Yeah, that's a difficult way to start a relationship. I hope they're understanding.
        Apr 10, 2019
      5. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        Well, you could try and reimburse them. It might help. Some people keep chickens around as pets. They're actually good for keeping mice away from the house.
        Apr 10, 2019
    9. Philosophus Vagus
      Philosophus Vagus
      Out of all of the fantasy weapons I've seen, who'd have thought the gunblade was a real, historical weapon?
      2. Kupotepo
        Apr 3, 2019
        SpaceBot likes this.
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        Heh, truth is stranger than fiction. So many fun and crazy things people have done! BTW, Shad has some really fun stuff on his channel, I got hooked on him due to his fantasy castle analysis. MACHICULATIONS!!!
        Apr 3, 2019
        SpaceBot likes this.
      4. SpaceBot
        SpaceBot
        If they haven't made these on Forged in Fire, they really should.
        Apr 3, 2019
    10. Philosophus Vagus
      Philosophus Vagus
      Today I discovered pocket shortswords are a thing:
      1. Sharm and SpaceBot like this.
      3. SpaceBot
        SpaceBot
        That's really cool! I took 5 classes of Aikido and then the teacher dipped out without warning. It was super crazy. I studied Wing Tsun for 3 months but had an unrelated health issue that forced me to quit. Once I move I want to find another wing tsun dojo and start again.
        Mar 31, 2019
      4. SpaceBot
        SpaceBot
        I've studied a lot of it at home along with jeet kune do and quignog, but now that I'm clear to do more extreme things physically I can start again in an actual martial arts studio.
        Mar 31, 2019
      5. SpaceBot
        SpaceBot
        Most of my fighting skills are from being forced to defend myself lol so idk what you'd classify that as.
        Mar 31, 2019
    11. Philosophus Vagus
      Philosophus Vagus
      Went to the movies for the first time in 14 years last night out of boredom and curiosity (it was an old timey drive in). Us is amazing,
      1. SpaceBot likes this.
      2. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        anyone that likes horror films that are more psychological than gory (though it has some of that to) should definitely see it. Best horror film I've seen in a good long while.
        Mar 27, 2019
        SpaceBot likes this.
      3. SpaceBot
        SpaceBot
        More importantly, did the dogs get to go?
        Mar 27, 2019
    12. Philosophus Vagus
      Philosophus Vagus
      Today was the day I decided to try my hand at gardening. Made plots and tilled and put up little fences strung with barbed wire. Soothing...
      1. The Stranger and SpaceBot like this.
      2. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        ...work so far. Difficult but much more enjoyable than my childhood memories of working on my Papaw's farm were. It'll be another story entirely whether or not I'll actually end up getting anything to grow in it or not, but today was a successful day of playing in the dirt!
        Mar 13, 2019
        The Stranger and SpaceBot like this.
      3. SpaceBot
        SpaceBot
        Woo! I love gardening! You get the hang of it eventually, or you just end up killing everything constantly ( basically my luck with fish tanks ). Took me a year or two to figure out what I could grow here, soil and weather wise.
        Mar 13, 2019
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        I thought I liked gardening, but I'm not sure anymore. Too easily distracted, so I just feel lost and bored most of the time. lol. I think I just like seeing pretty plants.
        Mar 13, 2019
        SpaceBot and Philosophus Vagus like this.
    13. Philosophus Vagus
      Philosophus Vagus
      Had the weirdest dream this morning. Dreamed my mom was in my home nagging me awake, I stumble out of bed to figure out what she wants and..
      1. SpaceBot likes this.
      3. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        It's uncanny...but also likely that the wind was pushing the door open slightly before it opened all the way and my subconscious just related it to my dreams. The door is bloated and the lock sticks, I've known the lock sticks since before I moved in. If my subconscious was trying to motivate my lazy ass to fix it then it succeeded, as I've bought not just a new lock but an entirely new door.
        Mar 6, 2019
        SpaceBot likes this.
      4. Blackyu
        Blackyu
        Makes sense. At least it allowed you to get things done :D
        Mar 6, 2019
      5. SpaceBot
        SpaceBot
        I've had similar experiences. Pretty trippy.
        Mar 13, 2019
    14. Philosophus Vagus
      Philosophus Vagus
      Tomorrow I drive 1400 miles to congratulate my little brother on becoming a father. Then I rent a Uhaul and drive all my stuff from my mom's
      1. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        house all the way back another 1400 miles to my new house. By this weekend I shall have access to my computer (and thus the game I haven't been working on) for the first time in three months, if all goes according to plan.
        Feb 25, 2019
      2. samkfj
        samkfj
        Good luck, brother. Keep safe, hopefully the roads will be kind to ya.
        Feb 25, 2019
      3. Lornsteyn
        Lornsteyn
        You must listen The Proclaimers - I'm Gonna Be (500 miles) then the whole travel.^^
        Feb 25, 2019
        samkfj likes this.
    15. Philosophus Vagus
      Philosophus Vagus
      This morning I got bashed in the back of the head by a skateboard. Skateboarder got basically hamstrung by my dog...
      1. Sauteed_Onion and SpaceBot like this.
      3. Vance Raehart
        Vance Raehart
        Feb 8, 2019
        SpaceBot and MushroomCake28 like this.
      4. Finnuval
        Finnuval
        All I'm gonna say is : good dog :)
        Feb 8, 2019
        Sauteed_Onion likes this.
      5. SpaceBot
        SpaceBot
        :( I'm glad you're alright. I'm fairly sure I know the hat you speak of. I also think it's even illegal to wear said slogan now. People are intelligence impaired and devolving at a rapid rate. I'm also pissed to read your dog is being labeled vicious when all he did was protect you.
        Feb 18, 2019
        Sauteed_Onion and Finnuval like this.
    16. Philosophus Vagus
      Philosophus Vagus
      The dog looks up at the crows and barks angrily, 100s of crows take to the air, the dog runs back into the van at breakneck speed to hide.
      1. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        It is limitlessly amusing watching a dog discover new things.
        Feb 6, 2019
    17. Philosophus Vagus
      Philosophus Vagus
      My two month odyssey might be coming to a close. Think the pups and I are going to settle down in Vermont, placed a bid and soon we'll see.
      1. MushroomCake28
        MushroomCake28
        You'll be close to us, Canadians! (I'm actually just across the border in Montreal lol).
        Jan 26, 2019
        Sauteed_Onion and samkfj like this.
      2. samkfj
        samkfj
        Good luck bro!
        Jan 26, 2019
        Sauteed_Onion likes this.
    18. Philosophus Vagus
      Philosophus Vagus
      1. samkfj and Vance Raehart like this.
      2. Vance Raehart
        Vance Raehart
        I believe we need to evolve collectively as a species. I find this to be exciting if this is legit
        Jan 10, 2019
      3. Finnuval
        Finnuval
        Both
        Jan 10, 2019
    19. Philosophus Vagus
      Philosophus Vagus
      Finally safely back to the van. Was a heck of a couple days. Got some really nice pictures, when I get back in front of a PC maybe ill...
      1. samkfj likes this.
      3. samkfj
        samkfj
        Nice man, I'll be on the lookout for it
        Jan 5, 2019
      4. Kupotepo
        Kupotepo
        Jan 5, 2019
      5. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        @Kupotepo at the moment I don't live anywhere. Got a couple places in mind though, that's why I'm traveling (well, partly).

@samkfj I don't know when I'll next be on a computer, might be a while.
        Jan 5, 2019
    20. Philosophus Vagus
      Philosophus Vagus
      I absolutely hate it when you enroll in a service and it enrolls you in auto-renewal without bothering to disclose the fact. Surprise -$75!
      2. Wavelength
        Wavelength
        You can generally file disputes for charges like that with your credit card company, if you can't settle it with bitdefender. Good luck! Deal with it in the new year, and just enjoy tonight. :D
        Jan 1, 2019
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        That kind of auto-renewal shouldn't be legal. I don't think it is, really.
        Jan 1, 2019
      4. Kyuukon
        Kyuukon
        That's their friendly way of saying "Happy new year!" ;)
        Jan 1, 2019
  • About

Birthday:
    Jun 14, 1991 (Age: 28)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV