Philosophus Vagus
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• "growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell" Stumbled across that one on a lawyer's vlawg and it sort of stunned me. Difficult to reconcile, I waffle between finding it poignant and finding it delusive and can't make up my mind on how I feel about it as a statement.
    Reactions: strife094
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    What say you @strife094 (or anyone else) I know you love a good philosophical quip and this one is interesting I think. Can reasonably apply to a lot but also comes with difficult implications to accept if you do so.
    strife094
    strife094
    Truly Impeccable. amazing is each interpretation. My scope is just limited to life, keeping a commitment/promise and Lord Krishna/Lord Shiva
    SigmaSuccour
    SigmaSuccour
    There is a high... in learning, and growing.
    A high that is used as an escape, from actually doing, and making use of what you've learned. (Which can be difficult.)

Solution? Stop actively learning. That way, you'll do more, and accomplish more.
    Was forced to buy a new truck finally. Amazing how different trucks can be when you go from an 87 model to 2016. New truck looks like it is going to be a pain in the butt to self-maintenance though.
    Reactions: Ryisunique
    Ryisunique
    Ryisunique
    I keep calling the newer trucks toy trucks due to having small flatbeds. I have grills bigger than some of these things.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    I made damn sure to get a full-sized bed...and yes that was harder to find than it should have been. Almost everything I looked at was either a 'toy' or else a behemoth that just screams the owner is compensating for something. And what is worse, a lot of the behemoths had small beds too, so huge were their cabins. It astounded me how difficult it was to find a simple work truck.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    And not for lack of demand apparently. When I tried to haggle at the dealership the salesman just smirked at me and asked "do you have any idea how fast a truck like this sells? We haven't even finished inspecting and cleaning it, it has been in our possession for less than a day and yet you rushed down here when you heard we had it." and I had no choice but to shrug and give him my money because it was true.
    Day 6 of Insomnia adventures: I have been up for 130 hours straight at this point, just finished having a heated argument with the dog. He won the debate handily. Still waiting for a good samaritan to come along and bash my brain in with a blunt instrument.
    You ever have one of those weeks where you can't sleep for four nights straight and you can literally feel your body shutting down from exhaustion yet your mind still remains wide awake and refuses to let you rest? Anyone want to do me the mercy of bashing me unconscious, please? Seriously, please!
    Reactions: Prescott
    Prescott
    Prescott
    I have periods of time where I only get like 3 or 4 hours of sleep over a 3/4 day period. Not fun at all. Hopefully you can get some rest soon.
    gstv87
    gstv87
    Homer taking the stimulants and then the sleeping pills.
    "Woohoo! .... zzzZZZZzzzzZZZzz... Woohoo! ....zzzzZZzzzz"
    Lornsteyn
    Lornsteyn
    Listen to classic music.
    I have sleep problems since I can think, but classic helps.
    I always hate it when an appliance breaks, and it is an easy simple fix but because each new generation of appliance uses slightly different hinges you can't just buy the 5 dollar piece of metal you need to fix your 10 year old oven door because they were obsolete and discontinued 8 years ago.
    • Sad
    Reactions: Quexp and SoftCloud
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Nope, have to just buy a new oven because every brand is different and they deliberately change everything up every generation to all but insure that you can't just maintenance your product to extend its lifespan. Standardized parts manufacturing should really be a regulated requirement at this point, at least per brand. No one is revolutionizing hinges to the point they need to be reinvented every bloody year.
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Oh that must suck :"( So far we've been able to fix everything by replacing parts... except the fridge which may fall apart any day now. It's older than me like, almost 22 years old and nobody has parts for that now.
    Reactions: Quexp
    Quexp
    Quexp
    Man, what a super annoying waste. I bought a place with central air and the air conditioner quit working the next summer. A small, supposedly replaceable, part had gone bad. I decided to just buy a couple window a couple of units because I'd have to buy a whole new unit because they "don't make them that way anymore". Ugh!
    Where is the "world-weary sigh" comment response when you need it? I need that one more than anything, but the closest we have is "wow" or "angry".
    Finished the frontier and...I apologize to anyone who saw the trailer I posted and actually tried it. Technical marvel, crazy disjointed fetish story hidden inside a cheap milsim skin that has no idea what it's trying to be except sanctimonious and failing at even that. As much as I hate fallout 4's story, even it was better. I guess there just won't be another non-parody fallout after all.
    • Wow
    Reactions: RCXDan
    TheGentlemanLoser
    TheGentlemanLoser
    ... call of duty references in the first half of that video alone why didn't these people make a call of duty mod jesus christ did they just do a "press F to grieve" they LITERALLY did...the impressive set piece bits are REALLY impressive though
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    The last call of duty I played was way back on gamecube so I didn't even notice most of those as references but they try hard and fail to be Spec Ops: the line, deadspace and a few other games too. I really don't get it, with all of the work they put into this game, why make it such an amalgamation of disjointed nonsense?
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    I really hope they opt to make their assets and scriptbase open resources at some point, let other modders maybe build on and expand their worldbase because a lot of that stuff is nothing short of amazing, especially for gamebyro. Be nice to see others build on the technical marvel they've created and salvage its legacy as something more than it is now, all that effort deserves so much more than to end as it is.
    The self-righteous indignation of family when you expect them to pay back money you've leant to them never ceases to amaze me.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Me being petty would be me dragging their arses into court over this nonsense. Me not wanting to work for them for free during my vacation because they've shown themselves to be ungrateful pricks is just good sense the way I see it.
    TheGentlemanLoser
    TheGentlemanLoser
    there's this saying I find worryingly true more and more these days, "no good deed goes unpunished"
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Eh, most things work out in the end. At the end of the day I ascribe to the same standard as the Stranger, if I couldn't live without the money I'd not have leant it in the first place. I just find it trying that they can't seem to connect the dots and realize that they screwed themselves here by taking advantage of my good will. Instead want to blame me for not wanting to be a doormat.
    You ever get really into a tv show...then realize after the first season you were really only into the opening theme for said show, and now that it's changed you're kinda done with it?
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    I'd say the same thing before but it's weird, just lost all interest immediately when that little opening was removed. And really, not even as background noise? You're a better man than I, I cut the cables years ago but still rewatch old 50s-90s shows for background noise when I'm working inside, that or news, but I'm trying to steer clear of that at the moment.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    I don't mind background noises. Some of my family members are still watching them, it never bothers me. I just never deliberately turn on the tv for it lol. If anything, I would turn on a podcast, talking about a specific topic I like.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Yeah, my problem with that is a lot of my interests in that regard end up depressing me, so I end up defaulting to weird, obscure television from before I was born to avoid that at times. Though I keep mulling over the possibility of just tossing the computer out in its entirety and becoming some non-religious version of an Amish. Nothing productive I do is ever done on it anyway.
    Woo! Fallout: The Frontier is actually complete and getting released. Finally a new Fallout game, eleven years is just too long to have no releases except a couple of parody games.
    FleshToDust
    FleshToDust
    *tosses Bethesda a Burn Heal*
    TheGentlemanLoser
    TheGentlemanLoser
    did you...did you just call Fallout 4 and Fallout 76 parody games? lol. I don't even disagree, not really--I mean, FO4 is greatly lacking compared w/ NV but I wouldn't go as far as calling it a parody game--just like, HARRSH burn, yo. (I see @FleshToDust said much the same thing.)
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    @TheGentlemanLoser I think parody fits. Note that doesn't necessarily mean I'm disparaging them, Fallout 4 is far from a bad game...its just not got any of the things that anyone who was a fan of the fallout franchise before its existence liked about the franchise within it, instead opting to be some weird combination of an FPS with minecraft...it's essentially ark with a fallout skin.
    You know it's New Years when a drunk drives 10 miles an hour in a 55 mile zone swerving all across the road in front of you at 10 AM in the morning. :|
    Reactions: rux
    Can we all just please take a moment during this troubled holiday season to take a breath, stop blaming each other for the follies of human nature and acknowledge that there is more to life than abject survival and that there is nothing wrong with that?
    Reactions: Finnuval
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    On empathy, yes. I'd be willing to bet we disagree on plenty if we want to talk minutia, but what is important is we empathize with each other and so those disagreements are rendered largely moot. I don't have to believe that it makes a difference whether or not I wear a mask in Walmart because I respect others' concerns enough to wear it for their comfort in any case.
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    I bet youd find we agree more then you think, but not on everything true. Would be weird if it was different lol. But yeah those points are moot if you agree on the main parts. Perhaps others should pick up on that more ;)
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    More to life, absolutely. But you can't get any of those things out of life - ever - if you're dead.
    So I think it's everyone's strict responsibility not to endanger someone's else's life, and to protect them if possible... and beyond that, have fun and do you.
    To buy a 5th rpgmaker that I'll almost certainly never actually finish a game on while it's on sale or not to buy, that's the question.
    After nigh on 6 months of 7 days a week, 10+ hour a day shifts I've taken a much needed vacation to crash at my brother's and visit family for Thanksgiving...It's 79 degrees at 6 AM on November 11th here. Now I remember why I moved so far away in the first place.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    You're welcome to have our 1 to 1.5 feet of snow, instead. The occurred Sunday, and we are still digging out.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    I like snow. I can bundle up as much as I need to to stay warm...can't really do the reverse.
    After wiring pretty much everything else imaginable together at one point or another I've finally decided to build my own PC for the first time. Tempered glass cases are neat and all...I don't understand the obsession with fans with rgb lights rigged to them that seem so prevalent with custom towers though.
    Reactions: Ami
    Windows i7
    Windows i7
    Yeah the RGB stuff is to the point where you have to go out of your way to get something that isn't RGB. Personally, I just disable the RGB lighting either by not connecting the power to the lights (for hardware that works like that) disabling it in software (My mobo has RGB on it for some silly reason).

Now, RGB backlit keyboards are cool IMO. I just don't need it in my tower.
    zzmmorgan
    zzmmorgan
    There was a time where the thought of having a glass case was ridiculous due to RF interference. I'm not sure what sort of coating they might be putting on those glass panels or if the machines just don't emit on a high enough level or if they just assume you can deal with it.........
    Ami
    Ami
    I don't understand the obsession with fans with rgb lights rigged to them that seem so prevalent with custom towers though.

like what i thinking about RGB keyboard,back then. allow user to check their parts...but,absolutely not that way. just for show off...it's kinda useless,for me.
    My dog got attacked by another dog today and sprained his leg. Now he's high as a kite because apparently vets can prescribe what amounts to puppy Xanax in such situations, as well as a mild opiate. Seems a bit excessive in my opinion but at least he's limping along happy now.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I should stop staring at the screen too long. neck hurt
I've been in Fort Myers since Thursday night. I'm going home tomorrow or the next day... lol, I desperately need a good taste of homemade Japanese food. I might not be Japanese or even Asian (I'm American born and raised), but I absolutely love authentic Japanese cooking. Restaurant food doesn't do it justice.
Haven't been working on any of my projects or resources lately as I'll soon be moving to a new apartment. It's been a stressful move but I'm really looking forward to it.
//Sees it's the same price at Best Buy for a new SSD as Amazon
//Sees it's 103F outside and Best Buy is half a hour of driving.
//Orders from Amazon.
I'll wait the 2-3 days. :LZSwink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKRDIH88