Philosophus Vagus
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Today I learned that George Washington was not the first president of my country, and that there were technically over a dozen presidents before him. My own ignorance astounds me, I mean it always does but the sheer scope of this revelation astounds me. I guess George Santayana really was quite astute when he said:
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Maybe I am positing that perhaps there might be some coordination there, but that's a discussion that slips into political realms inappropriate for this forum. In any case I've enjoyed our conversation this evening and thank you for the intelligent debate. It's been a pleasure.
    The Mighty Palm
    The Mighty Palm
    I'd attribute that to the fact that a curriculum is multiple subjects and errors and outdated information will inevitably slip through. I dont believe it is intentional deception, but rather negligence or innocent ignorance. Low budgets and difficult conditions may also factor. (The education system is famously underpaid)
    And while I wish it werent so, observation alone is not enough to make me call foul play.
    The Mighty Palm
    The Mighty Palm
    And I suppose I'll end with that statement then. Thank you and goodbye as well.
    My elderly neighbor whom I've been buying groceries for just got carried out of his home on a stretcher by guys with hazmat suits. Considering I've been his only point of contact for the past month it's probably safe to say my boss was right to tell me to stay home once I developed a mild cough after all.
    OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    Stay safe, dude.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    I'm good. Nothing but a mild cough, worried for my neighbors though.
    Ellie Jane
    Ellie Jane
    This has happened a few times in my street. Stay positive; some have come back. But stay safe.
    What do you do when you're your family's resident computer 'expert'...but you are anything but a computer expert?
    Reactions: Rockenberg
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I dunno. I'm the resident "computer expert" at my place of work. Where we have IT staff. Paid IT staff. And I don't know all that much about computers at all. I solve most of my problems by just "Troubleshooting" and reading Help Files.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    @Haydeos exactly what I did. Sitting on the phone with mom her trying to get me to help her pick a new laptop she tells me what she's looking at and I'm all "yeah, that looks nice" or "apparently a lot of people have had trouble with the graphics card in that one". I don't know why she thinks I know computers, I mean you build a tower one time and never hear the end of it.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    To be fair, building a computer when you don't know anything about computers is easy. I generally just look at the options available and just put in stuff I can afford, making it the most "high end" I can. And to be honest... usually the more money something like a graphics card costs... it usually performs better. Though, I usually just look at, "how many gigs of RAM can it use?" and get bigger numbers there.
    Finally told my boss I need a day off. Tomorrow will be my first in 23 days.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Holy smokes. How comes?
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    @Poryg labor shortage because of the pandemic. A lot of my coworkers have no one to watch their kids, others are elderly who've smoked like chimneys all their lives (though some of those are working just as hard as I am, old tradesmen give no ****s) but somehow the business has been mostly booming since everything else shut down. No shortage of work for those of us literally keeping the lights on.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Well, we recruited emergency part-time workers to keep our capacity at full. Although it's true that even we feel it. Day shifts are now that much more stressful.
    You know, as an introvert whose borderline antisocial I have to say, once this outbreak blows over or becomes endemic I'm really gonna miss being able to go about my day to day without being expected to shake hands or engage in small talk.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Seriously, I know we're all worried and all but these past couple of weeks at work have been so great for me. No one wants to banter or anything, no one bothers me while I work. It's truly a silver lining amongst the clouds, for myself anyway.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Same. I've been sitting on my desk, in the corner outside of the crowd range and no one would judge me.
    Tea's Jams
    Tea's Jams
    TBH, I'm loving the social distancing part of the whole thing, it's why I like winter so much, people... people ...less.
    So...Chimeras are no longer the stuff of myth and fantasy it would seem (kinda freaky):
    Reactions: The Stranger
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Chimeras are also naturally occuring. They're organisms composed of two or more genetically distinct tissues. Human chimeras are fascinating. A person can have two different blood types, different DNA than the parents, strange birthmarks, and other interesting things. This does sound like it could lead to Planet of the Apes, though. xD
    PaladinJessa
    PaladinJessa
    Ive seen enough Full Metal Alchemist to know where this is going.
    Benny Jackdaw
    Benny Jackdaw
    REAL LIFE FURRIES! :D
    Somehow platinumed a game for the first time in my life. Didn't even mean to; probably will never happen again.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    He really grows on you once Iron Mike comes along, and more so when helping Sarah deal with her demons and into the endgame.

I like to read the reviews just to see how off they are. Most games I like get abysmal reviews for some reason, it's pretty easy to tell normally when it's agenda-driven. Still, they seemed harsher towards days gone than usual for some reason.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Yeah. It was nice seeing him go from someone who didn't care about selling people into slavery (that old woman's camp) to someone who felt like he had a new home, as if he belonged. You could see that he was living in the past, and using his own grief to justify his actions. When people called him out on it, he never knew what to say.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    I also really liked needing to ride all the way to his wife's memorial in the overrun camp every one in a while so he could talk to her. I don't know. It really helped convey that he was still grieving. He even got angry when he found Freaks milling about up there.
    When you are such a minimalist phone miser that your phone company texts you to inform you that they're no longer supporting it and you'll..
    So in the wake of the tragic loss of an ancient historical landmark, a fascinating possibility for restoration emerges.
    Switched my browser today, couldn't remember my password for here. Then couldn't remember the password for my email address either...
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Beyond annoying. Everything is, Silicon valley is hell-bent on censoring anything and everything that doesn't fit their world view, dismissing it as fake. As if Asbestos wasn't "harmless" 30 years ago, or doctors didn't recommend "healthy cigarettes" for their health benefits 50 years past. Yet we're gonna shut down anyone who doesn't agree with the status quo now as conspiracy and not bat an eye?
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Actually the reason I switched browsers, since chrome and mozilla banned an alternative app to their censorious bs. Brave is amazing though, where in chrome I'd get partisan clickbait every time I loaded the homepage, with Brave it's nothing but nature photos and a counter of malicious ads it's blocked for me thusfar. :D
    SpaceBot
    SpaceBot
    I can't believe that saying NPC can get you in trouble now a days. :guffaw: wtf
    Huh, who knew black holes looked like the eye of Sauron, we've been depicting them wrong all along:
    Met some neighbors who live across the woods today when my dog got loose and murdered 3 of their caged chickens.
    cabfe
    cabfe
    Well, if your dog isn't going to come near that place again, your neighbor should be OK with it. But if it might happen again...
    Sharm
    Sharm
    So he's a hunting dog. Yeah, that's a difficult way to start a relationship. I hope they're understanding.
    OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    Well, you could try and reimburse them. It might help. Some people keep chickens around as pets. They're actually good for keeping mice away from the house.
    Out of all of the fantasy weapons I've seen, who'd have thought the gunblade was a real, historical weapon?
    Reactions: Sharm and SpaceBot
    SpaceBot
    SpaceBot
    That's really cool! I took 5 classes of Aikido and then the teacher dipped out without warning. It was super crazy. I studied Wing Tsun for 3 months but had an unrelated health issue that forced me to quit. Once I move I want to find another wing tsun dojo and start again.
    SpaceBot
    SpaceBot
    I've studied a lot of it at home along with jeet kune do and quignog, but now that I'm clear to do more extreme things physically I can start again in an actual martial arts studio.
    SpaceBot
    SpaceBot
    Most of my fighting skills are from being forced to defend myself lol so idk what you'd classify that as.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Profile Posts

A mousefolk sprite I made, I think I did good.
Discovering math. functions for damage formulas was one of the greatest things for me.
It's very useful for balancing skills to work in a variety of possible circumstances.
For example if you have a skill that is supposed to work for both mages and warriors:
Code:
Math.max(a.atk * 2 - b.def, a.mat * 2 - b.mdf)
SpaceX: First-ever successful (manned) commercial spaceflight!! In these terrible and self-sabotaging times for the world, that's a ray of excitement and hope I needed badly.
GameDevJohn wrote on whtdragon's profile.
Hey I used you bunny and cat spritesheet for a game jam game. Thanks so much! You have really beautiful stuff here. I'll credit you at https://gamedevjohn.itch.io/bunny-boy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abhikhurana