Philosophus Vagus
Birthday:
Jun 14, 1991 (Age: 27)

Share This Page

Philosophus Vagus

The drunken bird dog of rpg maker, Male, 27, from Hopefully somewhere secluded

Veteran

Gin and juice and a perma-death run at shadows of mordor, let the rare weekend without work begin. Jul 21, 2018 at 10:06 AM

1. Philosophus Vagus
      Philosophus Vagus
      Gin and juice and a perma-death run at shadows of mordor, let the rare weekend without work begin.
      1. Dalph, SpaceBot and Marsigne like this.
      2. SpaceBot
        SpaceBot
        I've never tried gin and juice. ive had gin on its own... tastes like rubbing alcohol.
        Jul 21, 2018 at 10:20 AM
        Dalph and Philosophus Vagus like this.
      3. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        Yeah straight gin is a horrible idea, gin with orange juice is basically just orange juice. A bit bitterer than straight oj (which I think is too sweet anyway) but as far as mixed drinks go it's one of the least alcohol tasting you can get, which makes it perfect to sip on and let sneak up on you when doing buzzed perma-death game playthroughs.
        Jul 21, 2018 at 10:49 AM
        SpaceBot, Dalph and Marsigne like this.
      4. Dalph
        Dalph
        I dislike anything alcoholic (and coming from an ex barman it's kind of hilarious) but that's a good game. Have fun.
        Jul 21, 2018 at 11:03 AM
        SpaceBot and Marsigne like this.
    2. Philosophus Vagus
      Philosophus Vagus
      Nioh's online is terrible. Doesn't matter whether I'm summoning help for a twilight mission or doing pvp, everyone I get just 1hkos to win.
      1. SpaceBot likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        Singleplayer is pretty fun, plays a bit like bloodborne set in 15th century Japan. If you are into the online features of such games though it's a terrible choice as I can't seem to get anyone who isn't extremely OP.
        Jul 14, 2018
        SpaceBot likes this.
      4. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        I was doing a twilight mission fighting Omi-Bozu earlier and got a guy who just stood their while I fought the boss for a good 5 minutes. I'd landed dozens of hits and only shaved off 1/4 of his health. Then he walks up to it and does one attack that wipes the remaining 3/4 instantly. Kinda takes the fun out of both pvp and cooperation where your friend/competitor breaks the game with one swipe of their blade.
        Jul 14, 2018
        SpaceBot likes this.
      5. SpaceBot
        SpaceBot
        I hate that kind of crap. When I played RDR ( ps3 ) online I would just take everyone around me out because it got annoying having people do stuff like that. Or kill and camp my spawn site. oh man, that stuff irritates me.
        Jul 14, 2018
    3. Philosophus Vagus
      Philosophus Vagus
      Made the mistake of telling my dog hours ago he was getting a shower. Now every time I call him he hides in his kennel and stares at me.
      1. Frogboy, Matseb2611, SpaceBot and 2 others like this.
      3. SpaceBot
        SpaceBot
        Your dog sounds like my son haha.
        also, the living in the attic... why? is it like a living area and not a typical attic. It'll bug me for a while if I didn't ask LOL
        Jul 11, 2018
        Philosophus Vagus likes this.
      4. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        @SpaceBot it's open and roomy. It started because the house has 15 foot ceilings and it was easier to heat and cool the attic than buying a 5k cc unit. There was also a gaping hole in the roof that rather than fixing I made into a doorway and built a sort of widows walk while shoring up the foundation so that after I take the dogs out in the morning I'll sit out there and watch the sun rise over the treetops.
        Jul 11, 2018
        SpaceBot likes this.
      5. SpaceBot
        SpaceBot
        Oh! Well that sounds really cool!! My grandparents have a huge attic and I've always thought it would make a really neat living area as oppose to storage.
        Jul 11, 2018
    4. Philosophus Vagus
      Philosophus Vagus
      If you equip the water dragon familiar in Nioh the title screen will say nioh 2
      1. SpaceBot and The Stranger like this.
    5. Philosophus Vagus
      Philosophus Vagus
      Man, I had the worst nightmare just now. Dreamed I blacked out and woke up in a stolen truck surrounded by cops and was going to jail.
      1. Dalph and The Stranger like this.
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        I'm convinced the voices I hear are beings that are far more than mere hallucinations, as they seem to have wills of their own, emotions, personalities, etc.
        Jul 11, 2018
        starlight dream likes this.
      4. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        Some people say it's its own entity that can interact with you and others view it as a compartmentalized alternate personality...so self-created disassociative personality disorder. I couldn't tell you as I never got a meaningful experience out of the exercises. Then again there was a failed suicide attempt in-between the tulpa and my first dream so maybe near death is the catalyst.
        Jul 11, 2018
        starlight dream and The Stranger like this.
      5. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        Being spiritual I have different approaches to the topic. Which I won't get into.
        However if it's something that is self-caused(either inadvertently or knowingly)isn't that better than a mental illness symptom?The first option means it can be dealt with again by the person, while the illness option means it's out of the person's power to change it
        I think you're both very brave and I'm learning much from this,thanks
        Jul 11, 2018
    6. Philosophus Vagus
      Philosophus Vagus
      I spent nothing on steams summer sale but psn's midyear sale finally got me to buy Nioh. Can't believe I got another souls game.
      1. SpaceBot likes this.
      2. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        Not really regretting it so far though. Basically an improved bloodborne with a Japanese folklore theme rather than lovecraftian horror. Definitely the way to go, ds slow paced combats just felt dated to me since bb. Made ds3 more a chore than a game.
        Jul 8, 2018
        SpaceBot likes this.
      3. ??????
        ??????
        nioh is not souls. nioh is just, omg. you know there are 4 new game +'s? like, new game+, new game++, ... The grind is real!

Fantastic game though :D
        Jul 8, 2018
        SpaceBot likes this.
    7. Philosophus Vagus
      Philosophus Vagus
      Went on an actual date for the first time in 5 years. Went great I think, least awkward I've ever been in such a position that I can recall.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        LOL Guns bring people together in loving ways. Pretty cool.
        Glad it went well, it's always easier with some people. And I hope you'll have much fun at the range.
        Jul 1, 2018
      3. Sauteed_Onion
        Sauteed_Onion
        I catsider you a friend meow.
        Jul 1, 2018
      4. SpaceBot
        SpaceBot
        the range is a great date idea, at least in my opinion. I loved going shooting as a date.
        Jul 1, 2018
    8. Philosophus Vagus
      Philosophus Vagus
      Weekly shopping done, hit my budget exactly. $40 in the wallet, groceries were exactly $40 including tax. Doubt that will ever happen again.
    9. Philosophus Vagus
      Philosophus Vagus
      Why does Hollywood have to be so politically charged and two-faced these days? Entertainment shouldn't be about attacking people's views.
      2. Kes
        Kes
        This is straying in and out of a political discussion, and as you know, we do not allow political discussions on this forum. It's not what we are about. Please keep that in mind for any further comments.
        Jun 29, 2018
        slimmmeiske2 and Marsigne like this.
      3. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        @Tarq they should definitely be allowed, part of the reason I liked the canceled show I'm bemoaning is the fact it was the only show in recent memory to fairly portray both sides of my country current political climate to an extent. The problem is that an entire industry seems run by one ideology right now and it's finding any excuse to run anyone who doesn't tow their party line out of it.
        Jun 29, 2018
        Marsigne and The Stranger like this.
      4. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        I used to tow that line and still consider myself center left, but the version of the left that leads right now have run so far into extremism that I don't feel there's any place for moderates among them anymore, they frequently lable moderates like me as far right in fact. This isn't a rant against an antithetical party to me, I'm truly sick at how closed-minded and censoring what was my side of politics has become.
        Jun 29, 2018
    10. Philosophus Vagus
      Philosophus Vagus
      102°, 95% humidity, been running wire through an attic for the past two hours. Someone please put me out of my misery, feels like I've...
      1. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        ...sweated out at least half my body's mass of liquids. Three bottles of water downed and still the dehydration headache comes.
        Jun 28, 2018
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        All I can say is that I'm glad I'm not where you are. xD You have my sympathies, though.
        Jun 28, 2018
        SpaceBot and Marsigne like this.
      3. SpaceBot
        SpaceBot
        Gross. It was luckily overcast here today, but still humid and hot.
        102 and humid... I would be dead in said attic.
        Jun 28, 2018
        The Stranger likes this.
    11. Philosophus Vagus
      Philosophus Vagus
      Rogue bear 1 successfully refound...in the most anticlimactic way possible. I packed for a weekend and found her before the sun even set.
    12. Philosophus Vagus
      Philosophus Vagus
      What is it with dontnod and cringely shallow forced romance subplots popping up out of nowhere? Way to waste an otherwise amazing character.
      1. SpaceBot, The Stranger and Marsigne like this.
      3. SpaceBot
        SpaceBot
        I'm playing automata on ps4. Honestly I haven't played the previous one but I want to. Haha. So many games I've never heard of by square while growing up. I need them all o_o
        Jun 22, 2018
      4. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        One day I'll get automata, I have to many games I want to play and too little time to play them as is though.

@The Stranger you mean the shy hermaphrodite with the boisterous facade? I don't get the costume choices either but you have to admit Nier was full or really interesting characters...even if they were all alien-robot imposters or something.
        Jun 22, 2018
        Marsigne, The Stranger and SpaceBot like this.
      5. SpaceBot
        SpaceBot
        Same. I have too many games and little time to play them.
        Automata is pretty fun. Gorgeous too.
        Jun 22, 2018
    13. Philosophus Vagus
      Philosophus Vagus
      The encrypted version of my game won't play. Hmm, curious. Shame I use fsm tiles or I'd just upload it unlocked. :D
      1. Sauteed_Onion and Marsigne like this.
      2. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        What error does it bring? Sounds like a script could be interfering with the encryption.
        Jun 18, 2018
        Sauteed_Onion likes this.
      3. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        It just hangs up on start and then auto-shuts down, no errors. Works perfectly in playtest. Only have one plug-in, hopefully it's not that though as the game is kinda built around it.
        Jun 18, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
      4. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        Try copying the maps and making a new project, and see if the error persists.
        Jun 18, 2018
    14. Philosophus Vagus
      Philosophus Vagus
      Just received and paid for my first ever commissioned artwork, a vibrant splash-screen for my games from the talented GoldSnafu. Happy day.
      2. SpaceBot
        SpaceBot
        I dig it
        Jun 15, 2018
      3. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        Afraid y'all are wrong, the stout dog represents me. To be fair my original thought was for him to be lying on the whiskey bottle, but once the concept sketch came out I thought it'd look better if the water pipe was by my dog like my brother's dog passed it and mine was about to take a puff so the bottle and the pipe switched places.
        Jun 15, 2018
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Ah, so you're the one with the bong, eh? Nice. :p
        Jun 15, 2018
        starlight dream and SpaceBot like this.
    15. Philosophus Vagus
      Philosophus Vagus
      :guffaw: Got a call from my FSA boss, they want to track down, tranq and tag a bear seen wandering near my hometown for conservation...
      2. RachelTheSeeker
        RachelTheSeeker
        Jeez, I don't know if you've already handled the bear problem, but stay safe...
        Jun 15, 2018
      3. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        @RachelTheSeeker I'm just the tracker, they have more dedicated planeteers to do all the sedating, body checking and moving. Though I don't think they want to move the bear, just monitor it thank god. Can you imagine driving down the road and an angry bear wakes up in the back of your truck?
        Jun 15, 2018
      4. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        It'd be a fine movie scene!!! :popcorn:
        Jun 15, 2018
    16. Philosophus Vagus
      Philosophus Vagus
      Finally got around to playing Vampyr for an extended period. Really great game so far, combat isn't half as shitty as reviews made it sound.
      1. Drenz, Marsigne, The Stranger and 2 others like this.
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        There's this nice balancing act when it comes to feeding on people, and the districts they inhabit. Devouring too many people in a single area might cause the entire area to fall into anarchy and become overrun by monsters and the diseased- the old inhabitants now dead or missing. The more citizens you kill, the lower the health rating of that district gets, which means new diseases spread.
        Jun 14, 2018
        Philosophus Vagus and Drenz like this.
      4. Drenz
        Drenz
        Man, oh, man... this sounds beyond dope! I'm getting in this Friday. It's done lol
        Jun 14, 2018
      5. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        @Drenz yeah I'd definitely recommend it too. The Strangers the one who talked me into getting it (well he talked me into getting it earlier than I planned at least) and so far it has not disappointed. Trying to be a good guy and not snack on people my first run, that way I can devour anyone I want and see how their absence affects those around them on the second.
        Jun 14, 2018
        Drenz and The Stranger like this.
    17. Matseb2611
      Matseb2611
      Only just noticed you're 26. I always thought you were in mid thirties. :o Maybe because most of your posts sound very mature.
      2. Matseb2611
        Matseb2611
        I won't say it's wrong. Just fairly uncommon. But it's a good thing to be more mature for your age.
        Jun 12, 2018
      3. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        I don't know how much of this is maturity and how much is just that I have an expansive vocabulary from reading a lot but thanks for the compliment. :D

I blame the fact I was homeless in my early 20's. You grow up fast and get to see through a lot of our society's cultural victimhood BS when you actually slip through the safety nets of said society and have to climb out of that hole on your own. :guffaw:
        Jun 12, 2018
        Drenz, Marsigne and Matseb2611 like this.
      4. Matseb2611
        Matseb2611
        Ouch! I can totally understand that. The darker times can often be times of insight and personal development which make us much wiser.
        Jun 12, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
    18. Philosophus Vagus
      Philosophus Vagus
      Witnessed two rarities on the morning hike today: A flying squirrel and a black bear. Days like these make me consider buying a camera.
      1. Drenz, SpaceBot, Matseb2611 and 3 others like this.
      3. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        But no flash on a bear...
        Jun 12, 2018
      4. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        I'm thinking of buying a decent camera just for hiking purposes. Being able to just buy things on impulse is a new experience for me, but since I quit doing mma and martial arts I've been replacing that free time with side jobs and am at a point right now where all of my living expenses only amount to about 30% of the cashflow I've got coming in. It feels nice, unusual but nice.
        Jun 12, 2018
      5. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        Good for you, Philosophus, glad you're now more at ease. :)
        Taking pictures on hikes sounds cool, you'll end up with pictures of places seldom captured before.
        Jun 12, 2018
    19. Philosophus Vagus
      Philosophus Vagus
      Internet was down when I woke up, so I took the young dogs on a 6 hour hike. Internet's still down, perfect for my one day off. KotH DVDs...
      1. Drenz, The Stranger and Marsigne like this.
      2. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        ...and phone browsing it is I suppose.
        Jun 11, 2018
        The Stranger and Marsigne like this.
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        I dislike browisng the web on phones and tablets. I'm sure the dogs loved going for a 6 hour walk, though. Perhaps they orchestrated the whole thing, knowing full well that you'd take them out for the better part of the day if your net was down. :p
        Jun 11, 2018
        Marsigne and Philosophus Vagus like this.
      4. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        Nah if that was the case it'd be working now, they like their hikes but at the same time they are more accustomed to living in climate controlled conditions than I am. :guffaw: They were practically dragging me back towards home and AC by the time we turned around. Jumped right in front of the window unit when we got in and barked til I turned it on.
        Jun 11, 2018
    20. Philosophus Vagus
      Philosophus Vagus
      My dog's favorite pastime seems to be catching yellow jackets in his mouth. I keep thinking he'll learn but he just looks bewildered for...
      1. Matseb2611, SpaceBot and Marsigne like this.
      3. Matseb2611
        Matseb2611
        Yeah, just 'wasps' as an umbrella term mainly. Or if we come across those huge ones that you can hear before you even see them, then hornets. :o
        Jun 11, 2018
        SpaceBot likes this.
      4. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        @SpaceBot I've seen them before but they don't live down here thankfully. The worst ones here are carpenter bees, shills dig holes all in your woodwork and wreak your home faster than termites if you stand idly by and let them. Wish the dog would take to eating them.
        Jun 11, 2018
        SpaceBot likes this.
      5. SpaceBot
        SpaceBot
        Those sound like intense bees. Dang.
        Jun 11, 2018
  • About

Birthday:
    Jun 14, 1991 (Age: 27)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses: