Philosophus Vagus
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• It's awkward walking in on people sizing you up in their own words, especially when reality just doesn't measure up to their opinion of you.
    Just re-bought pillars of eternity for ps4 (my computer + heat and humidity where I live just couldn't run the game without overheating each
    Reactions: The Stranger
    The Stranger
    How are the controls on the ps4? Do you directly move your character?
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    @The Stranger huh, now how have I never heard of tyranny before? If nothing else its premise sounds awesome, already bought a dlc and a game this month but some other month...it's probably going to make my "someday" list. Just when I thought that list was finished for a while, too.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    You can directly move them, or hold down triangle to create a cursor so you can select where on the map they move. The most annoying part is the skills menu. especially with magic classes, due to the absence of hotkeys so you have to navigate a menu and two sub menu every time you want to use them pretty much and I keep letting up on r2 and closing it. Other than that, no serious complaints, they did a good job.
    Why did I just buy the season pass for a game I haven't gotten past the base game for yet? Damn 40% off sales. Though ds3's dlc looks...
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Which isn't to say that it's a bad thing, I'm actually a fan of that because it's fun to piece it all together and see how your interpretation stacks up against others', but some people want to make it a competition and say that they've 'figured it out for real' which is laughable because of how little lore actually exists in game, most are the ranting theories of aforementioned players on reddit and youtube.
    The Stranger
    I got that impression too. It seems most of the so called "lore" comes from item descriptions and cryptic dialogue. I'm a huge fan of environmental storytelling, but I'm still a firm supporter of a structured plot. If it's too vague and cryptic then there's really no story at all.
    The Stranger
    I guess, for many, being left to guess at things makes them believe it's inherently deep or meaningful. Similar to how those silly artsy games get such high praise for being "eye opening", when in reality they're just being very vague or using common sense.
    Get home, decide to give fallout 4 another chance, see Bethesda have taken another shot at paid mods and horse armor...seriously Bethesda?
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Assuming they are actually serious about quality control this time around (which I'll wait and see because I don't trust them for **** anymore) that's all well and good, but I can't find anything about how that money is divied up so far and wouldn't be surprised to find it's the same. I expect another half-assed cashgrab at the expense of the people keeping them afloat, but I could be wrong.
    The Stranger
    I know the mods have to be compatible with the official expansions, as well as other official mods\dlc. The modders will work directly with Bethesda, rather than just sending in mods and seeing whether they'll be accepted or not. Only time will tell whether this will work (and turns out to be a good thing) or falls flat on its face.
    FleshToDust
    FleshToDust
    if at first you don't succeed, try try try again! They'll eventually buy that horse armor.
    Torn between wanting to keep helping my little bro and family with their increasingly bad luck and being exhausted from doing so all month.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    That's exactly what I thought and almost said when she told me her mom had three cars sitting in her driveway, in addition to her father's truck. But nope, leave it to the guy living well below the poverty line (not that I'm poor really, but the statistics that the U.S. use are really off kilter, outside of legitimate homelessness we don't know what that word means)
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    but it's accurate enough to say that I can't help them out at all financially. That's the drop off though, if they fall behind to the point of losing their mailing address it's all over, you virtually cannot become employed at that point (though thankfully there are shelters for women and children, which is why the homeless rate is overwhelmingly male) and are pretty much ignored on all statistics once that happens.
    The Stranger
    Yeah, same thing over here. The vast majority of homeless folk are men. You do find the odd woman, but they're in the minority. Women have loads of different types of shelters they can go to - abuse shelters, homeless shelters, etc. Men only have hostels here; which are always full, and tend to be crime ridden Sh*tholes.
    Police dramas need to quit using the 'dumb cop' card to keep the story going. 2-3 times is okay, but when every season has 10+ times
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    where the bad guy would have been caught if not for some stupid move by the guys hunting them then I'd think it's well past time to end the series already. Also applies to crime games that I have seen, but it's not so bad of a plot device the first or second time, it just becomes really irritating when it's constantly expanding the plot.
    I was rereading the transcript for my project and realized that 7/9 of the endgame paths are really depressing, and the remaining two are
    The Stranger
    I love stories with those types of endings. Never been a fan of happy endings, nor those which have the protagonist achieve everything they wanted with very few sacrifices or things going wrong.
    Verdelite
    Verdelite
    I feel the same way as @The Stranger! If you think that a happy ending wouldn't fit, then there's no need to force it! I personally prefer bittersweet endings since they're more memorable than perfectly happy ones, but I'm sure that even people that like happy endings would find a ending that matches the theme/mood of your game more fitting and thus satisfying than a shoe-horned happy ending.
    Caitlin
    Caitlin
    I like happy endings, but even when there are happy endings, it isn't always happy for everyone. I, also, don't like "FORCED" endings and it would depend on what sort of games you were making to depend on the endings. If your game doesn't suit 'happy' endings, you might try adding more neutral endings to the mix.
    Dog is so spoiled he lays in front of the ac, then looks hurt when I push him away from it as the lack of airflow makes my desktop overheat.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    That time I did do it clean but it made me realize that it's the part before the kill that excites me about hunting and that pulling the trigger kind of taints that. I also have friends who pass along plenty of game meat every season now, so pulling a trigger aiming at anything besides paper targets or for a last ditch defense of my own life just seems like a selfish waste to me.
    The Stranger
    I can understand why that would've put you off. My friend, who tried hunting, had a similar first time experience which put him off completely. Not only had he not killed the animal outright, but it was horrifically wounded; he said there was blood everywhere. His step dad used to get paid by local farmers to hunt down local wildlife that'd threaten herds\livestock.
    The Stranger
    You enjoy the chase\tracking part. :D Waiting in the wilds, stalking, observing, etc. I imagine you're not alone regarding that. I have no problem with a hunter killing, so long as he\she uses the carcass fully. Not soo sure where I stand when it comes to hunters who do it purely to satiate some sort of primal bloodlust, though.
    It's funny how even after you grow up and admit that a lot of the music you listened to as a teenager is trash, you still enjoy it sometimes
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    A lot of them should bring back bad memories, but every once in a while listening to some of them make me smile. Maybe it's like a mental **** you to the past or something like that, but occasionally I feel like listening to all the depressing trash I used to back then, and enjoy it. Usually only lasts an hour or so at a time though, then it's back to mostly classics from before I was born.
    Amysaurus
    Amysaurus
    There's a folder of music I listened to in my teens that I can never bring myself to delete. As soon as I decide I miss it, I try putting it back in my library and realize it was kind of garbage. As soon as I remove it, though, I wish it was back. I think it's more that I miss the memories associated with the songs, rather than the songs themselves. =)
    Lornsteyn
    Lornsteyn
    I started listen to metal when I was 13, i never listened to bad music. Of course there is trashmetal, but thats good, too.^^
    Went on a three mile hike with my dogs today, got all the way out and then it started to pour. Can already feel the cold coming on...
    I've been having a really productive few days, but I just watched the castlvania mini-series and now want to do a Belmont build in ds3.
    The awkward moment when you are trying to replace aerial flares but so many games have flare guns that all you get searching are game wikis.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Flares are really more for maritime emergencies and desperation, or for signaling people whom you suspect might not be savvy enough to recognize reflective signaling for what it is such as the people above. Still, over preparation is better than under, you never know how an emergency might handicap you.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    and yeah I don't see how anyone with even a small shred of empathy could walk away from children who need help, doubly so when helping them gives you an excuse to throw fire into the air like some kind of wizard, who wouldn't jump at an opportunity to do that? Been wanting that excuse since I was a child myself, ha-ha.
    The Stranger
    You're a wizard, Vagus! It reminds me of the time I had fun throwing potassium into water; mini-fireballs FTW!
    Without money to buy them you have no rights, and can find yourself imprisoned, stigmatized jobless and homeless before a trial even occurs.
    The Stranger
    I believe he should've been punished for his role in things, but not thrown in jail for 25+ years - the murderer ended up in a psychiatric hospital and has been released now, which hardly seems fair. It seemed as if the court needed to throw the book at someone, and since they couldn't do it to the actual murderer, they did it to someone who barely did a thing.
    Jonforum
    Jonforum
    It is a problem and a capitalist practice.
    It affects all countries without exception.
    Whether you are in USA or Canada or in Africa!
    If you have money, you can do what you want.
    Archeia
    Archeia
    Man, you have my sympathy. I have the same exact issue with one of my relatives with an almost same exact thing. It was just a tween fight too and it escalated to something ridiculous because the opposing side just wanted more money.
    Is it wrong to falsify sickness at work to go camping if you're in the state of mind where you want to punch something and you work retail?
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Nothing tangible is ideal though, because ideal is itself an ideal. My mental health isn't really that bad, however, I just need to take regular breaks from people to keep it healthy is all.
    The Mighty Palm
    The Mighty Palm
    It is wrong to lie. That said, if you never do anything wrong, then you'd be a flawless person. Nobody needs that kind of pressure.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Yes but it is also wrong to hit disgruntled customers in the face, right? So if my choices are between that and getting fired, telling the truth and getting fired, or lying and keeping my job then lying would be the lesser of the wrongs I think. Either way I'm backpacking today.
    It's funny how quickly you can watch someone go from finally getting their life together more or less to an unemployed deadbeat with no...
    Reactions: umbralshadows
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    ...real prospects all thanks to some harmless 'crime' they committed years ago as a teenager and a vindictive judge out to 'make an example' out of his teenage foolishness/brokeness and unable to pay the original fine at the time.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    It's a shame to watch my bro go from a family man taking care of his gf's kids and about to propose to her to a guy who can't see how he can possibly take care of anyone without resorting to 'hard crime' or going back to Mcdonalds to work for the smallest of pitences because people offering 'real jobs' don't want a criminal, even in the farthest stretch of the term.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

After 7 months of really hard work and then 6 months of lazing around and procrastinating with adding the final touches my game is finally complete! Not bad considering that a year ago I didn't really even know about variables. Thanks to everyone who helped with questions and assets! Feels good to have a game under my belt! Ep2 (also self contained) may possibly come in the future!
I just made a breakthrough in my Battlecore problem where the Abort Battle command wouldn't work after using a Custom Action Sequence skill. It seems that Abort Battle can't be the last command in the event.
Before, the event was ordered (Dialogue -> Abort Battle). But having the message appear LAST fixed it.
(Abort Battle -> Dialogue)
"Does anyone remember the new year 2022? yeah, that was like yesterday. Wait, what do you mean by '2022 is almost over'?"
kuestsdynamisxp001.jpg

Just a glimpse of how Kuests Dynamis XP would look like.
spritesheet.png

made a simple face animation for when character's talk now. He blinks and speaks lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OPOPOP