Philosophus Vagus
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Bike riding is a lot more taxing on the lower arm muscles than you'd think. I still hate cardio, why did I get a bike again?
    Just once I want to play a game where everyone thinks the protagonist is "the chosen one"...but where everyone is just flat out wrong.
    Reactions: Matseb2611
    slimmmeiske2
    slimmmeiske2
    Is it weird I immediately thought of "Life of Brian"? (Not a game, I know)
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    @Sharm mainly because I forgot about Marsh and that the whole Inquisitor spike-mutilation thing was that series until you brought it up. I read through a lot of books and especially with fantasy sometimes they bleed together in my memory after a while.

I'll admit on second thought it's darker than I was recollecting in places.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    That makes sense. I've totally done the same thing to other books before. :LZYsmile:
    Ever sat down and began what seems like it's going to be a really good book but come across a sentence that makes you hesitate to continue?
    Reactions: The Stranger
    Sharm
    Sharm
    @Otto I don't know why my merely opposite position must mean I'm looking down on others though, or be counter argued by implying that I must be a Goddess or something to have such an opinion. Are you looking down on me for not reading everything I pick up?
    Otto
    Otto
    @Sharm am I looking down on you? not at all.

Like I said, there was something in the comments you wrote that gave me that impression. It's not the fact that we disagree, I don't mind about disagreening with someone, and at the end of the day everyone can and will approach things his/her own way, wether is books, videogames, work, relationships, life in general. (cont..)
    Otto
    Otto
    Don't think that I'm disparaging you for that.
    I'm just a dude who likes to call things as he sees it (which could be totally wrong at times) so if I'm arguing with someone and I have the impression that that someone is trying to put him/herself on some sort of pedestal I'll say it, but I'm open to the fact that the impression I have might be wrong, expecially when reading posts and comments on the internet.
    Ductwork finally done, all ready for central heat/air (whenever I get a spare 5k to sink on it). So close to ready to flip this giant house.
    Reactions: The Stranger
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    @The Stranger Absolutely! House is big enough for a family of 8 easy, the dogs and I are only really using the attic and 1/3 of the kitchen as it is. Once I get my journeyman license so I can easily find a new job anywhere in the country my plan is to look for fixer-uppers in neat places and move in, flip and move on.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    I want to live somewhere less humid eventually, but there can be a lot of differences in legal structures, communities etc between the states so I like the idea of testing out locations instead of having to commit to somewhere and just be stuck there If I end up with a crazy neighbor or something.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Plus something about flipping houses just appeals to me, insomniac nights aren't nearly as big a deal when I've always got something to work on and the work ensures I stay sufficiently tuckered so the insomnia rarely spans days or weeks like it used to.
    It's been so dang hot today. My poor little window unit just can't hack it, 8 pm and the indoor temperature is still 84°f :(
    Diretooth
    Diretooth
    Hopefully the exhaust vents are outside, otherwise you're just venting heat into your house.
    Dog pawed me awake then smartly walked over to the stairs and growled softly. Turns out someone was breaking into my house. Really makes...
    Got a cat and named her Lightning just because I have a dog named Thunder...Thunder and Lightning don't seem to like each other though.
    Reactions: AnimaScorpius
    Prescott
    Prescott
    do any gamers even agree with this? the only time i've seen people who do is if they are either not a gamer or if they are a woman who plays nothing but overwatch.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    @Prescott I'm sure some do, but not many. I mean any male gamer that plays competitive online games could tell them that their so-called mysogeny and racism is an equal opportunity issue that affects...virtually everyone who plays them regardless of gender or race. Is it a problem, maybe. But an easily solvable one, the mute button exists for a reason, if you aren't playing with friends you should be using it.
    Prescott
    Prescott
    ****, i don't even have voice chat on when i play online games lol
    Gin and juice and a perma-death run at shadows of mordor, let the rare weekend without work begin.
    SpaceBot
    SpaceBot
    I've never tried gin and juice. ive had gin on its own... tastes like rubbing alcohol.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Yeah straight gin is a horrible idea, gin with orange juice is basically just orange juice. A bit bitterer than straight oj (which I think is too sweet anyway) but as far as mixed drinks go it's one of the least alcohol tasting you can get, which makes it perfect to sip on and let sneak up on you when doing buzzed perma-death game playthroughs.
    Dalph
    Dalph
    I dislike anything alcoholic (and coming from an ex barman it's kind of hilarious) but that's a good game. Have fun.
    Nioh's online is terrible. Doesn't matter whether I'm summoning help for a twilight mission or doing pvp, everyone I get just 1hkos to win.
    Reactions: SpaceBot
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Singleplayer is pretty fun, plays a bit like bloodborne set in 15th century Japan. If you are into the online features of such games though it's a terrible choice as I can't seem to get anyone who isn't extremely OP.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    I was doing a twilight mission fighting Omi-Bozu earlier and got a guy who just stood their while I fought the boss for a good 5 minutes. I'd landed dozens of hits and only shaved off 1/4 of his health. Then he walks up to it and does one attack that wipes the remaining 3/4 instantly. Kinda takes the fun out of both pvp and cooperation where your friend/competitor breaks the game with one swipe of their blade.
    SpaceBot
    SpaceBot
    I hate that kind of crap. When I played RDR ( ps3 ) online I would just take everyone around me out because it got annoying having people do stuff like that. Or kill and camp my spawn site. oh man, that stuff irritates me.
    Made the mistake of telling my dog hours ago he was getting a shower. Now every time I call him he hides in his kennel and stares at me.
    SpaceBot
    SpaceBot
    Your dog sounds like my son haha.
    also, the living in the attic... why? is it like a living area and not a typical attic. It'll bug me for a while if I didn't ask LOL
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    @SpaceBot it's open and roomy. It started because the house has 15 foot ceilings and it was easier to heat and cool the attic than buying a 5k cc unit. There was also a gaping hole in the roof that rather than fixing I made into a doorway and built a sort of widows walk while shoring up the foundation so that after I take the dogs out in the morning I'll sit out there and watch the sun rise over the treetops.
    SpaceBot
    SpaceBot
    Oh! Well that sounds really cool!! My grandparents have a huge attic and I've always thought it would make a really neat living area as oppose to storage.
    Man, I had the worst nightmare just now. Dreamed I blacked out and woke up in a stolen truck surrounded by cops and was going to jail.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    I'm convinced the voices I hear are beings that are far more than mere hallucinations, as they seem to have wills of their own, emotions, personalities, etc.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Some people say it's its own entity that can interact with you and others view it as a compartmentalized alternate personality...so self-created disassociative personality disorder. I couldn't tell you as I never got a meaningful experience out of the exercises. Then again there was a failed suicide attempt in-between the tulpa and my first dream so maybe near death is the catalyst.
    starlight dream
    starlight dream
    Being spiritual I have different approaches to the topic. Which I won't get into.
    However if it's something that is self-caused(either inadvertently or knowingly)isn't that better than a mental illness symptom?The first option means it can be dealt with again by the person, while the illness option means it's out of the person's power to change it
    I think you're both very brave and I'm learning much from this,thanks
    I spent nothing on steams summer sale but psn's midyear sale finally got me to buy Nioh. Can't believe I got another souls game.
    Reactions: SpaceBot
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Not really regretting it so far though. Basically an improved bloodborne with a Japanese folklore theme rather than lovecraftian horror. Definitely the way to go, ds slow paced combats just felt dated to me since bb. Made ds3 more a chore than a game.
    ??????
    ??????
    nioh is not souls. nioh is just, omg. you know there are 4 new game +'s? like, new game+, new game++, ... The grind is real!

Fantastic game though :D
    Went on an actual date for the first time in 5 years. Went great I think, least awkward I've ever been in such a position that I can recall.
    Why does Hollywood have to be so politically charged and two-faced these days? Entertainment shouldn't be about attacking people's views.
    Kes
    Kes
    This is straying in and out of a political discussion, and as you know, we do not allow political discussions on this forum. It's not what we are about. Please keep that in mind for any further comments.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    @Tarq they should definitely be allowed, part of the reason I liked the canceled show I'm bemoaning is the fact it was the only show in recent memory to fairly portray both sides of my country current political climate to an extent. The problem is that an entire industry seems run by one ideology right now and it's finding any excuse to run anyone who doesn't tow their party line out of it.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    I used to tow that line and still consider myself center left, but the version of the left that leads right now have run so far into extremism that I don't feel there's any place for moderates among them anymore, they frequently lable moderates like me as far right in fact. This isn't a rant against an antithetical party to me, I'm truly sick at how closed-minded and censoring what was my side of politics has become.
    102°, 95% humidity, been running wire through an attic for the past two hours. Someone please put me out of my misery, feels like I've...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

230 paths... roughly 250 light sources on the screen... One serious lag fiesta... But I finally got it all the screen at once. I guess I could have also just made an event to spawn each one in exactly the location I needed, but that's sooo much less fun. :LZSwink:
A wee radio thing I made months and months and months ago. 2020 has felt like such a long year. Maybe made this before 2020.IDK anymore.

Made this one much more recently.
Stream will be live shortly with a surprise session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunette