Recent content by Philosophus Vagus

1. Philosophus Vagus

If you aren't used to adrenaline it can be a hell of a drug, even if it's just a sympathetic...

If you aren't used to adrenaline it can be a hell of a drug, even if it's just a sympathetic spurt out of concern for others and not a full on overpowering fight of flight dose.
  2. Philosophus Vagus

People get tongue-tied in stressful situations, I'd imagine trying to get people out of a...

People get tongue-tied in stressful situations, I'd imagine trying to get people out of a trapped elevator would suffice, you get focused and kind of get tunnel-vision and forget about important context. I dated a girl who worked as a 911 operator and she talked about they really have to work to...
  3. Philosophus Vagus

...everything that made Bethesda so successful in the first place and modders are getting fed up...

...everything that made Bethesda so successful in the first place and modders are getting fed up with having everything broken and then being blamed for everything being broken because Bethesda now has to deliberately break everything by updating their code base every few months as standard...
  4. Philosophus Vagus

Update all your mods and look into that, because microsoft practices frequent updates as a...

Update all your mods and look into that, because microsoft practices frequent updates as a deterrent to third party competitors and unfortunately that means that bethesda, whose success has been off of the backs of third party developers, is now openly hostile to the modders that helped make...
  5. Philosophus Vagus

I've given up on bethesda games since they got subsumed by microsoft. Random update to 11 year...

I've given up on bethesda games since they got subsumed by microsoft. Random update to 11 year old game that breaks the best mods the game ever has, sorry no dynamic animation revolution for you anymore, the creator got fed up and noped off after the second time that Bethesda broke everything...
  6. Philosophus Vagus

It's not the skin color it is the double standards, the caricaturizing of any dissent and the...

It's not the skin color it is the double standards, the caricaturizing of any dissent and the constant moving of the goalposts with this nonsense. And the only offense I take is at the clear deflection, I give a retort refuting your blanket caricaturizing and suddenly the entire conversation is...
  7. Philosophus Vagus

What I really enjoy about Mr. July is that he doesn't just complain, he competes, and advocates...

What I really enjoy about Mr. July is that he doesn't just complain, he competes, and advocates for people to stop complaining about the culture nonsense and just create independently and leave the old guard entirely (I mean why else are we even on a site like this tbh?). Also I intended this...
  8. Philosophus Vagus

@Bex Didn't want to derail your post (anymore than I already did) but here is another decent...

@Bex Didn't want to derail your post (anymore than I already did) but here is another decent cultural commentator if you enjoy Cullen, though I have to warn you he can be a tad blunt.
  9. Philosophus Vagus

Instead of blackwashing the little mermaid for instance, why not create a new story based on the...

Instead of blackwashing the little mermaid for instance, why not create a new story based on the mythology of Mami Wata or something, you know, actually tell a story of African folklore centering an African character rather than culturally appropriating Danish folklore and caricaturizing anyone...
  10. Philosophus Vagus

@Iron_Brew it must be nice only ever having to interact with caricatures. Some of us are just...

@Iron_Brew it must be nice only ever having to interact with caricatures. Some of us are just tired of entertainment just rainbow-washing traditional European stories starring anything but rather than actually making new stories and new heroes that fill those criteria instead.
  11. Philosophus Vagus

@Trihan the thing is that she-hulks writers openly gloat about how their main ambition was...

@Trihan the thing is that she-hulks writers openly gloat about how their main ambition was "pooping on the fanbase". Just watch the finale. Sure, a lot of people really reach and connect dots that aren't there when it comes to the culture war, but it goes both ways and there absolutely are...
  12. Philosophus Vagus

No idea. The last time I got a job that required me to deal directly with customers, I literally...

No idea. The last time I got a job that required me to deal directly with customers, I literally quit when they told me they didn't have a position at my rate if I didn't take the promotion. From my perspective people who can actually deal with other people for a living are almost beyond...
  13. Philosophus Vagus

I read at it as more of a "I don't have time to keep engaging with this topic but don't want to...

I read at it as more of a "I don't have time to keep engaging with this topic but don't want to admit to defeat and/or an unwillingness to consider your side of the issue" than a literal interpretation as that's more often than not what people who feel the need to respond tl;dr tend to convey in...
  14. Philosophus Vagus

The unfortunate thing is they don't think they are admitting to a character flaw but feel that...

The unfortunate thing is they don't think they are admitting to a character flaw but feel that they are pointing out one of yours, and depending on what you are trying to accomplish verbose retorts can be counter-productive at times but in my experience most tl;dr are just used as a way of...
  15. Philosophus Vagus

The video game community desperately needs more Dullahans' and less zombies at this point for sure.

The video game community desperately needs more Dullahans' and less zombies at this point for sure.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

After 7 months of really hard work and then 6 months of lazing around and procrastinating with adding the final touches my game is finally complete! Not bad considering that a year ago I didn't really even know about variables. Thanks to everyone who helped with questions and assets! Feels good to have a game under my belt! Ep2 (also self contained) may possibly come in the future!
I just made a breakthrough in my Battlecore problem where the Abort Battle command wouldn't work after using a Custom Action Sequence skill. It seems that Abort Battle can't be the last command in the event.
Before, the event was ordered (Dialogue -> Abort Battle). But having the message appear LAST fixed it.
(Abort Battle -> Dialogue)
"Does anyone remember the new year 2022? yeah, that was like yesterday. Wait, what do you mean by '2022 is almost over'?"
kuestsdynamisxp001.jpg

Just a glimpse of how Kuests Dynamis XP would look like.
spritesheet.png

made a simple face animation for when character's talk now. He blinks and speaks lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OPOPOP