Recent content by Philosophus Vagus

1. Philosophus Vagus

Congratulations! Keep up the work, I know how it feels to claw your way out of insolvency into...

Congratulations! Keep up the work, I know how it feels to claw your way out of insolvency into stability, by the time you realize you've got it all sorted you'll probably have worked yourself ragged for a few years extra and not know what to do with yourself to best utilize the newfound freedom...
  2. Philosophus Vagus

I'm just sitting here harshly judging your clear insanity (while surrounded by 3 dogs, several...

I'm just sitting here harshly judging your clear insanity (while surrounded by 3 dogs, several rabbits, several chickens, a single cat and harboring ambitions of one day getting a cow). How could anyone possibly put up with 6 cats?!
  3. Philosophus Vagus

What say you @strife094 (or anyone else) I know you love a good philosophical quip and this one...

What say you @strife094 (or anyone else) I know you love a good philosophical quip and this one is interesting I think. Can reasonably apply to a lot but also comes with difficult implications to accept if you do so.
  4. Philosophus Vagus

"growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell" Stumbled across that one on a...

"growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell" Stumbled across that one on a lawyer's vlawg and it sort of stunned me. Difficult to reconcile, I waffle between finding it poignant and finding it delusive and can't make up my mind on how I feel about it as a statement.
  5. Philosophus Vagus

I hate cardio. That's why I have dogs. Hard not to go out on that morning run with that hurt...

I hate cardio. That's why I have dogs. Hard not to go out on that morning run with that hurt, accusatory face whining at you from 5 am onward when you try to skip it.
  6. Philosophus Vagus

And not for lack of demand apparently. When I tried to haggle at the dealership the salesman...

And not for lack of demand apparently. When I tried to haggle at the dealership the salesman just smirked at me and asked "do you have any idea how fast a truck like this sells? We haven't even finished inspecting and cleaning it, it has been in our possession for less than a day and yet you...
  7. Philosophus Vagus

I made damn sure to get a full-sized bed...and yes that was harder to find than it should have...

I made damn sure to get a full-sized bed...and yes that was harder to find than it should have been. Almost everything I looked at was either a 'toy' or else a behemoth that just screams the owner is compensating for something. And what is worse, a lot of the behemoths had small beds too, so...
  8. Philosophus Vagus

Direct what? Only thing that wakes me up at 5 am is the dog wanting his morning walk. Every...

Direct what? Only thing that wakes me up at 5 am is the dog wanting his morning walk. Every. Single. Morning. He's a less jarring alarm clock then normal ones at least, even if there is no snooze.
  9. Philosophus Vagus

It is nice to have job security. I took the last two months off to vacation back in my home...

It is nice to have job security. I took the last two months off to vacation back in my home state, the day after I got back and called my old boss to tell him I was back and see if he still had a job for me his immediate response was to proclaim "thank god!".
  10. Philosophus Vagus

Was forced to buy a new truck finally. Amazing how different trucks can be when you go from an...

Was forced to buy a new truck finally. Amazing how different trucks can be when you go from an 87 model to 2016. New truck looks like it is going to be a pain in the butt to self-maintenance though.
  11. Philosophus Vagus

What are the chances of finding gamers with similarities?

I'm sure they do if you actually seek them out. I'm like you though in the sense that I'm just not really one to do that seeking, I'll play games like 7 days to die with my brother and sister-in-law sometimes but I've never been one to play a lot of multiplayer games with people I don't know...
  12. Philosophus Vagus

Also: “The wise remind themselves that ‘This too shall pass’ even when things are good; the...

Also: “The wise remind themselves that ‘This too shall pass’ even when things are good; the foolish, only when things are bad.” and "when you are unhappy, happy people are disgusting." always makes me chuckle when I'm feeling down.
  13. Philosophus Vagus

Don't be that way. What happened to all the self-help philosophizing? Sometimes people are busy...

Don't be that way. What happened to all the self-help philosophizing? Sometimes people are busy, or maybe they just don't have the right answers to give. “Nothing is burdensome if taken lightly, and nothing need arouse one's irritation so long as one doesn't make it bigger than it is by...
  14. Philosophus Vagus

Your forum name?

I used to call myself the redneck philosopher online but a bunch of keyboard warriors always attacked me making stupid assumptions of someone who would brand themselves a redneck anything so I changed it to philosophus vagus because I was tired of being harassed by weird idiots trying to impose...
  15. Philosophus Vagus

You have my ear, citizen. *Imperial Ear added to your Inventory*

I wouldn't feed pineapple pizza to the dogs, if that answers your question. Also: Obligatory welcome wagon crap and all that.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I wish I can work faster on my game. But I don't want to get burned out. :(
I've been working on something on and off for a few years now, and I've been reluctant to share any details on the project before I had anything playable because I did not want to generate hype only for the project to go back on hiatus. That being said I believe what I'm working on is very unique and pushes the boundaries of what RPG Maker projects can be. Bold claims, I know but just wait.
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms :)
Create Anime Art w/ AI, Tall Sprites with Aurora, Customize Variable Display | RPG Maker News #34

[My favorite slow moving track I've made so far]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Papaka212