Phonantiphon
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• So now I've got started, I got started only after - I thought - being prepared.

Heh, turns out I wasn't. It's all good though. ;)
    Currently still what I guess you could call "pre-dev", looking at sounds and music now - found some Ace royalty-free stuff, but more satisfyingly I am also making my own as well. :)

Also I've been sorting my homemade tiles as well, very excited about those too. Next are some more NPCs and then we should be good to go!!

(YAY!) :D
    Finally managed to pull together my tilesheets: +1

My to-do list has, however, now up by 2 rather than down by 1: -1

...ho hum...
    Finally started mapping on the main game I am working on.

Actually I am very happy with the tutorial game I've been practicing as well...!
    Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
       I resisted mapping (other than bare-bones event stages off course) until I ran out of other things to do. Now if I can just make myself map for a few hundred hours or come into the kind of money it'd take to hire someone that actually enjoys making maps I'll get around to releasing an actual game.

Good luck to you in your mapping, hopefully you'll enjoy the process a bit more than that.
    Phonantiphon
    Phonantiphon
    Ha ha, I take your point.

Well I actually started from the point of view of a map and then went from there, using it as a basis for learning the toolset and so forth.

I can see the frustrations as it's very easy to do it badly and it's very obvious if you do. Given the fact that it's the one of the most visible things about the game that you create.

I'm definitely looking forward to the challenge though.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Hello folks, I'm an old member deciding to reenter the forum. Greetings :D
When a parent (of a less than adult aged child) is like
"Oh, I'm like a friend to my child. We're friends."
I'm like
"Oh, that kid's gonna suck...."
Baby tiger gets a belly rub! ^.^
Ami
--- Friendship System ---

(F.Mage and F.Healer's FP is 100)
F.Mage: We did it! we can beat the monster easily!
F.Healer: With the Friendship System,we got stronger thanks to you F.Mage (Hugging)
F.Mage: (Blushing) Ahh...don't say like that. we are Best Friend Forever.
(In Distand)
M.Mage: They look happy...
M.Healer: Yeah...always like that...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CotE