Pine Towers
Last Activity:
Dec 4, 2018

Share This Page

Pine Towers

Knight Hospitaller, Male, from Brasil, Rio de Janeiro

Veteran

I could keep up with my 16 pixels per tile (ppt), DawnBringer 32 colors palette, or go 24 (48? using MV) ppt with 64 colors. Thoughts? Thx Aug 12, 2017

Pine Towers was last seen:
Dec 4, 2018
    1. Pine Towers
      Pine Towers
      I could keep up with my 16 pixels per tile (ppt), DawnBringer 32 colors palette, or go 24 (48? using MV) ppt with 64 colors. Thoughts? Thx
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Pine Towers
        Pine Towers
        @Sharm, the idea increasing the canvas & palette or keep what I'm using for long now. Step up the game or keep with the self-imposed restrictions (that sometimes feels too... restrict).
        Mostly is me venting frustation. If I can't handle few, how to work with many, afterall?
        Aug 12, 2017
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        16 colors only are very difficult to work with, I don't think it's a bad thing to go up. If you have too many options, yeah that can get harder, but going up to 32 or even 64 is still pretty limited.
        Aug 12, 2017
        Pine Towers likes this.
      4. Pine Towers
        Pine Towers
        Thank you, @Sharm. Always comforting reading your comments.
        Aug 12, 2017
    2. Pine Towers
      Pine Towers
      I really want to buy Pyxel Edit, as if using it my spriting technique would improve... Or just keep with GIMP because of familiarity?
      1. Sharm
        Sharm
        If you're only using it for spriting I say Aseprite is better. There's not a big difference in how Pyxel Edit and GIMP handles animation, but I found it much easier to sprite with Aseprite. The big advantage for Pyxel Edit is tilesets, which is such a huge improvement I'd even recommend the buggy old free version over GIMP.
        May 23, 2017
        Pine Towers likes this.
      2. mlogan
        mlogan
        Can you trial it?
        May 23, 2017
        Pine Towers likes this.
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        Aseprite has a trial (no saving), Pyxel Edit has a much older version available for free, but I don't think it had animation back then and it crashes really often.
        May 23, 2017
        mlogan and Pine Towers like this.
    3. Pine Towers
      Pine Towers
      When you misunderstood a button and instead of unwatching the selected threads you unwatch every single thread you ever watched U_U'
      1. Arisa
        May 17, 2017
      2. Kino
        Kino
        I feel for ya.
        May 17, 2017
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        I don't follow any threads but I keep marking the entire forum read so I think I understand that feeling.
        May 17, 2017
    4. Marquise*
      Marquise*
      I find your logo and handle very clever.  Remember that Back To The Future theory?
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Pine Towers
        Pine Towers
        Oh, that theory! You went far, man!  :guffaw:

My name is simpler than that, just a bastardization of my surnames, but thank you for exposing this theory!
        May 11, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      3. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        XD

Well, now you know! :p  

It ended up more noble than lovable!  XD
        May 17, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        But to be honnest I think Robert Zemekis just happened to get a lot of synchronicity going on.  But in 2015 aroundthe 30th anniversary of Back To The Future he did that TwinTower movie!  :p  onto which I didn't recalled the name.
        May 17, 2016
        1 person likes this.
  • About

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Interests:
    D&D