PixelHeart
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Ok... so, is the new Animal Crossing worth it? I have played the previous ones and liked them... but its pretty expensive, so.... are there any legitimate cons to the game? Besides the thing where your town is specific too your switch.
    MrKiwi
    MrKiwi
    Cons: You won't leave your place for weeks
    Pros: Pandemic

(Just a joke, don't have it :,c)
    The Mighty Palm
    The Mighty Palm
    I'm enjoying it. There are some cons though. Pros: tons of new things like crafting, customizing, and the ability to personalize the island. Cons: tools break, it's a very slow paced start even for AC, certain features from new leaf dont appear to be in it (like fortune cookies)
    The Mighty Palm
    The Mighty Palm
    But also it should be kept in mind that new content via updates/dlc could be on the horizon. Pun intended.
    What can I say. Its animal crossing. If you liked the old ones you'll probably like this one.
    Well :/ ... Covid-19 just got 2/3 of my hours cut. 3rd shift is completely gone. Well played, deadly pathogen.
    • Sad
    Reactions: CrowStorm
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Amazed you had it this long, a friend of mine who works 3rd shift lost his hours about 1.5 weeks ago.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    I'm surprised 3rd shift lasted so long, it's been gone where I live for more than a week already.
    Well, im being called in to work because someone got sick....so, it begins. One down, five to go.
    CrowStorm
    CrowStorm
    I don't own a car, I never have.
    CrowStorm
    CrowStorm
    I think you're reading some kind of attack into my words which, and I can't stress this enough, was not there at all. I think what you're doing is noble and selfless! Or at the very least certainly would be if the system was giving you any choice in the matter. I appreciate having access to gas and electricity as much as the next person even though neither of those things is by necessity rooted in capitalism.
    CrowStorm
    CrowStorm
    (As for complaining about the evils of monetizing basic human rights from the comfort of my computer, a kick in the pants to head out west into the desert and start making bombs with this anarchist collective that invited me a few months back wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.)
    JEEZ... everyone’s freaking out about the virus around where I live, but nobody seems to care enough to take preventative measures to not spread it.
    Mystic_Enigma
    Mystic_Enigma
    Thank you! Somebody had to say it!
    Windows i7
    Windows i7
    Yeah. Well, I've never seen ANYTHING even remotely like this response people are having. So naturally, I am extremely anxious about what happens next and how daily life is going to change. I've been using music with new studio headphones to relax and calm my mind. Just have to wait it out.
    dreamfall887
    dreamfall887
    @Windows i7 yeah listening to upbeat, hopeful or motivational music helps. even fun club songs are fun to dance to. drawing, writing songs, stories, sewing, cooking, being with pets and loved ones and being creative is helping too. :) and game-making of course.. haha
    :/ well, I’m basically doomed to get the Coronavirus... I work at a busy gas station, lately frequented by people who are clearly unwell, because they can’t afford to lose their job.
    Harrumi
    Harrumi
    @Nightblade50 but statistically more people have died so far from influenza up to date then then from covid-19, I'm not saying it can't grow to be more, I'm saying take potential steps to make sure we're all good. The bad thing about covid-19 is it can mutate because of the flu virus too, with no vaccines.. prevention is the best method at the moment.
    Nightblade50
    Nightblade50
    yeah but covid-19 is quite new, especially in comparison to the flu, so it would make sense that covid would have eliminated less people thus far
    Harrumi
    Harrumi
    Indeed, which is why I can understand the procedures people are taking, right now, where I live schools are all in the process of shutting down for the next 2 weeks, and probably more escalations coming up. What I find kinda interesting that it was mentioned in shows like the Simpsons long before actually happening though.
    Coffee + Silk Coconut Milk + Splenda Zero = Not ..... awful :/ .
    PixelHeart
    PixelHeart
    But its just not the same as a latte with actual cream T_T ... sigh
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Never heard of silk coconut milk till now. I've drank coconut water in the past, but I didn't enjoy it; thought it was too slimy.
    Sigh :( ... displaying numbers representing the stats of the PCs for a custom menu in rm2k3 is haaaaaaaarrrd!!! DX
    Well... it’s been a real pain in the IRS today. :/
    PixelHeart
    PixelHeart
    the later... and not in the IRS, as in where they are located. I just got somthing in the mail, and I had to get some documents to the place that did my taxes. It turned out ok in the end, but I dread checking my mail, so I almost didint...which means I almost didint get my tax refund, and may have gotten in trouble with the IRS. Got it sorted out, but it really made me anxious. :(
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    I feel you. I only ever get bad news in the mail. no one ever sends me anything nice. I'm glad you got it all sorted out. :) I couldn't live over there, sorting out your own taxes seems like frustrating busy work.
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Taxes are always a pain.They are Quick to collect but when they need to refund... Let's Just say growing a beard is faster, even for women lol
    @The Stranger perhaps the fact that ppl that would send you something nice only know you online has something to do with that :p
    Am I coward for trying to avoid a person who waits for me at my house, after I get off work late at night, to borrow money? I live pretty far away form other people... :(
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    If you want to help someone, but don't want to give them money, you can always give them food, clothes, etc. Still, it's not something you can do constantly if you don't have much yourself.
    gstv87
    gstv87
    you should start by polishing your troll methods.
    there's a lot of ways for saying "no", up to and including "a covert yes".

......politicians have been using it for centuries, so, you can be sure they work.
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    No, not a coward Just not to fond on confronting others is my guess. Still, it would prolly be better Just to say no and get it over with xD
    Waiting to have a tooth extracted... fifteen minutes past my scheduled appointment. The anxiety isint fun T.T . PS- wish I could chew them out for making me wait they do me when I’m late or have to cancel :/ .
    • Sad
    Reactions: The Stranger
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Will you be put to sleep for your tooth removal? I wasn't. Just had my gum numbed. It was weird feeling, and seeing, the dentist just prying my tooth out like he was ripping an old nail out of a wall. Though there was no pain, I could feel the tooh being pulled out, or rather broken out. lol. He showed it to me afterwards, it was huge and all snapped in two.
    PixelHeart
    PixelHeart
    O.O oh gawd, I remember... this isint the first tooth I’ve had pulled out like that. It’s really surreal.... I’m gunna keep mine too. Though I’m pretty afraid it’s going to come out in pieces too. Not trying to be gross, but it’s an impacted molar, and basically swish cheese. :( But yeah, he just numbed me up.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Mine was a molar too, only it had a huge cavity in it - it looked like it had just collapsed in on itself. Seeing just how long the root part of the tooth was, that really long part buried within the gum, fascinated me. lol. I chose to have it removed. It was a choice between removal or a root canal, and the pain of the cavity and a failed filling was already getting on my nerves.
    OMG O_O ... this feeling! Its... familiar! What is it called?! Could it be? .... No! It cant be... is it.... could it possibly be... Motivation?!
    XwX ... gah. I accidentally deleted my .eds files while doing a disk clean up. Oh well, guess next time I clean install I'll need to make a bootable usb. :/
    PixelHeart
    PixelHeart
    X_X oi .... and now, after the fact.... I found out what was really eating my disk space. Some video I took of some live game play, from forever ago.
    :/ it really get on my nerves reading stuff about how to write a resume and they say things like "turn your failures into wins!!!" ... no interview Ive ever had cared to hear anything about my failures, and why would they :( ?
    PixelHeart
    PixelHeart
    I think the main idea is that you want to comunicate what you learned from the failure experience... but most of the time, it just seems like the things I learned from them was "dont do it again." ... Im not sure I can write anything compelling from that. :/
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    I hate resumes\CVs with a passion. Get frustrated trying to write them. Always told you had to sell yourself, but that's not me. I don't like to pretend to be more than I am. Here's who I am, take it or leave it. It kinda feels like writing a dating profile, only you also have to list your work history. I hate writing profiles in general. lol.
    l8rose
    l8rose
    They do want the learning experience from it even if it's really hard to word on a resume. Like for example it's assumed that if you procrastinate (failure) then that means you work well under pressure (win). It's still stupid though.
    What do you do when you cannot talk to your boss about anything, because their suspicious of everyone, and they take every question as a personal slight or sign of insubordination?
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Do you know who her superior is? I mean, being hostile, and then talking sh*t about you to other employees seems wrong. It serves only to turn others against you, making your work environment much less welcoming. To be honest, after what you told me about working conditions where you live before, I wouldn't be surprised if her bosses just don't care.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    If that's not possible, then perhaps you can switch shifts with someone else so you never have to work with her.
    The Mighty Palm
    The Mighty Palm
    Start a coup and plot to have them overthrown. Might as well give them something to be paranoid about. Or if that's too inconvenient, because honestly coups are a pain to organize, I agree with Stranger on this one.
    so, because of how my work schedual goes, I think it may be more efficient for me to live like a night owl (do all my game dev, hobbies, peronal stuff, at night after work, durring the early morning hours, And sleep durring the day until work). Anybody else do this?
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Or be like me. While I prefer not to socialize and do my personal stuff, but I have no problem with it. In fact, I prefer to be around lively ppl and observe them than being alone at work. And work is as fun and as challenging as doing my personal hobby. And I'm allowed to gamedev on my office when I'm idle _:3
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Granted, it is still less time to do my hobby, which put a longer dev time to both my scripts and games. But my concern probably goes to ppl who ask "where have you been?" than myself having less time. And I still have the weekend to do my full 'me' time.
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Pretty much my life thanks to insomnia lol the fact that I Also dislike socializing and like the silence of the night it's a good thing xD
    Smoking before the age of 21 is illegal now in the US . Gunna be a lot of moody teens and 20's walking around here for a while o.o
    • Wow
    Reactions: RachelTheSeeker
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    I mean it was 18 when I was a kid, and I still managed to get em all the time. My favorite place to get them was part knife-store, part shop-that-doesn't-ask-questions XD
    Lornsteyn
    Lornsteyn
    Probably the best way.
    I stopped smoking 2-3 years ago, I miss it sometimes but Im more healthy now.
    Also cigarettes in my country are got more and more expensive over the past years and smoking is restricted in many places now, this ****** made me mad when I was a smoker.
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Oh, that's nice ^^ I actually look forward to a time when people won't even care about the age limit because they won't smoke... lol
    Happy New Years! Lets hope 2020 isint a crappy sequel to 2019!
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Didn't you hear? We are getting 2019 part 2 instead of 2020 this year.
    PixelHeart
    PixelHeart
    OwwO gasp!!! I hope in part two PixelHeart makes a comeback against the evil Procrstinator Demon!
    So, I was just working on a pixel art tile, hated it when I was done... started over. Then, when I was done the second time, I loved it.... then realized I had just made nearly an identical tile to the last.
    Reactions: Starbird_Resources
    PixelHeart
    PixelHeart
    Im starting to wonder if I really have an eye for this medium. :/
    SmashArtist
    SmashArtist
    Naw, that sounds pretty normal. Sometimes I make something in pixel and it looks terrible, but then I get back to it later and it's actually fine.
    Also with pixels, small tweaks and changes can make a whole lot of difference in a sprite.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Profile Posts

so, ive been gone for too long when i log in and see that everything is where is shouldn't be. XD
Steam killing my eyes.. I forgot why I use it only when I have no other choice
Making a map, my brain went "Look, Mjölnir!" as I plotted out a sacrificial entrance.

Actually, it went, "Look, hammer. Wait, Thor's hammer!"
CG tile rendering, take 3: windows.
which section you guys think looks more accurate to the perspective? left or right?

for reference, this is what it looks like "at street level"
Okay, Animal Crossing is remarkably addictive and exceptionally calming. I've been playing it pretty exclusively... like... 6 hours a day. Been a while since I've been this engrossed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marlin