Oct 17, 2019 at 2:12 AM
Birthday:
June 17
Graphic Artist

Share This Page

PixelHeart

The Pixel Heartist!, Male

Veteran

Sigh... late night trip to the store.... and of course its started raining the moment I parked ... and of course I'm wearing house shoes. :/ Oct 16, 2019 at 2:10 PM

PixelHeart was last seen:
Oct 17, 2019 at 2:12 AM
    1. PixelHeart
      PixelHeart
      i guess the lesson ive learned is, not to make a map any bigger than it has to be.... :p
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        ...So would a 200x200 map be too big? :D It's just enough space to include everything I need! I would think any larger than that and I'd run into lag issues and such.
        Aug 6, 2014
      3. PixelHeart
        PixelHeart
        im guessing its a world map. I know for ME, i would DEFINITELY need to plan out a map that size, tile by tile.
        Aug 6, 2014
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        It is a World Map. Honestly, I plan to have 4 maps of 200x200 size. Each one is a different "World Map" that you go to. But, there aren't a whole lot of NPC events on the world maps or anything. They're kind of just big areas with access to a lot of areas... Kind of like Hub Areas I guess.
        Aug 6, 2014
    2. PixelHeart
      PixelHeart
      ...i like psych.. :3
      2. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        It always looked stupid to me, though I've never actually watched it so I can't say much other than it didn't appeal to me enough to make me watch it.
        Aug 6, 2014
      3. PixelHeart
        PixelHeart
        So happy their holding out for season eight! I was REALLY disapointed when i heard they were stopping at 7...
        Aug 6, 2014
      4. PixelHeart
        PixelHeart
        @ Alexander- You should give it a good shot. Its on netflix :) .
        Aug 6, 2014
    3. PixelHeart
      PixelHeart
      what do you think about an skill that allows you to sacrifice 15% or your current HP to lessen 85% of the damage your enemy would have inficted....to OP, Impractical....?
      2. PixelHeart
        PixelHeart
        Also, it would last for 2 turns. Atleast right now.
        Aug 6, 2014
      3. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        You'll also have to keep in mind, that my "Painless" skill is meant to be used with other abilities and other party members. It's highly situational, but currently pretty powerful when paired with a few of my other skills and abilities.
        Aug 6, 2014
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Also, my ability really only works on the caster... can't use it on anyone else. It's meant to be used strategically as it's the most powerful skill in the arsenal of one of my characters.

I can see your ability being really useful if you keep in mind that it exists. As a dev, try to find clever ways for you to use it and then hope your players will find those as well.
        Aug 6, 2014
    4. PixelHeart
      PixelHeart
      AAaggGGhHHhhHH....HOW can it be SO FRIGGIN' HARD...to get into a comunity college...so much paper work. :....( Every time they send me some paper work i fill it out and send it off...AND-THEN-THEY-SEND-ME-SOME-MORE....AAAAAHHHH!!!....Ok...im done.
      2. Alkorri
        Alkorri
        Yes, the paperwork is always the first test :)
        Aug 6, 2014
      3. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        It's a metaphor, they waste your time with useless paperwork and pencil-pushings because these are the useless and meaningless things they will eventually teach you when you press passed them. Modern education is a joke, I have two degrees and can honestly say that combined neither of them taught me 1% of the information that I know that helps me succeed; the catch is without them you don't have the opportunity to get a foot in the door to prove your worth in the first place... that i...
        Aug 6, 2014
      4. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        ...is the only reason such a worthless institution is allowed to remain regardless of how ineffective it is currently, because of the cultural doors that are opened upon possessing a diploma.
        Aug 6, 2014
    5. PixelHeart
      PixelHeart
      So, what do yall think? If a game has parallax mapping, should EVEY map be a parallax map?...sigh...im too lazy to do a bunch of parallax maps, but for the one im working on right now, the default map editor dosent have what i need... :p i need this for to look a certain way.
      2. PixelHeart
        PixelHeart
        Im gonna have to give it a shot anyway...to much work to just through away. :) Thanks though.
        Aug 5, 2014
      3. Shaz
        Shaz
        Maybe not necessarily laggy, but you'd have a MUCH bigger download file.

I think if you can do what you need to with the tileset and your tiled/parallaxed maps don't look like they're completely different styles, you might be able to do it.

Almost a topic for a discussion thread ;)
        Aug 5, 2014
      4. PixelHeart
        PixelHeart
        @ Shaz- No biggy :)
        Aug 5, 2014
    6. PixelHeart
      PixelHeart
      if your still haveing doubts about the Game Character Hub....ITS FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!
      1. Alkorri
        Alkorri
        I indeed agree :)
        Aug 5, 2014
      2. PixelHeart
        PixelHeart
        ^^^ XD
        Aug 5, 2014
    7. PixelHeart
      PixelHeart
      (in a rockstar singing voice, with guitar) MY INTERNET!!! IT IS SO FREAKING SLOW!! IT IS FREAKING, FREAKING, FREAKING, FREAKING, FREAKING, FREAKING, FREAKING, SLOOOOOWWW!!!! *smashes guitar* THANK YOU RPG MAKER FORUMS!!! (bows out) you may now appluad.
      2. PixelHeart
        PixelHeart
        ^_^ I ONLY compose catchy tunes.
        Aug 4, 2014
      3. Lars Ulrika
        Lars Ulrika
        That should be Indonesia's national anthem.
        Aug 4, 2014
      4. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        ^I live in the woods, am to cheap to buy Hughes net so my internet is just functional enough for browsing. If I ever want to download anything I have to bring my computer to Mcdonalds and be one of 'those guys'.
        Aug 4, 2014
    8. PixelHeart
      PixelHeart
      Can you think of anything, Resource wise (like tiles) that you think VX ACE needs? Right now im makeing a ship tile set for myself, but ill probably post it latter.
      2. PixelHeart
        PixelHeart
        dont they have that now, in a store resource pack? I think the wild west pack, right.
        Aug 3, 2014
      3. Alkorri
        Alkorri
        Sorry, should have clarified. I mean uncovered wagon.
        Aug 3, 2014
      4. Shaz
        Shaz
        Nice! I'm needing a ship tileset. Have been debating how to reasonably NOT have a ship tileset for a part of my game that puts you on a ship ... when/if you post it, be sure to add terms of use (ie - commercial/payment?)
        Aug 4, 2014
    9. PixelHeart
      PixelHeart
      ....i had a dream where my sister and i was at a big theater looking for a purse my sister lost one time, so i went looking down the isles but i found SO MANY...so i had to show each one to my sis but none of them were. Then i came to an isle where some black woman was sitting, and i finally found the purse laying on the ground, past the woman...so i ask the woman to excuse me and grab the purse. (this is where it gets weird) She says "Oh no you dont! I havent writen my name on it yet...
      2. Diretooth
        Diretooth
        What about those kinds of dreams where everyone's talking in a soft voice, and suddenly there's a single word shouted, and then you wake up.
        Aug 3, 2014
      3. PixelHeart
        PixelHeart
        ewwww.....that sort of thing is on my creep list.....(shivers).....
        Aug 3, 2014
      4. EternalShadow
        EternalShadow
        Glad to know weird dreams aren't actually that uncommon XD
        Aug 3, 2014
    10. PixelHeart
      PixelHeart
      It is SO much easier to make custom (chibi) sprites with the Game Character Hub. You can make edits to them, and hack and slash what you dont need from one, and what you do need from another....REALLY versitile....i do still wish you could make side view facesets with it though....i supose you could, but youd have to make whole new templates first.
    11. PixelHeart
      PixelHeart
      ...Sigh...why does the male face generator lack an angery mouth option....the female has one, why not the male?....are they trying to say something?....uh,oh....
      1. Alkorri
        Alkorri
        Tsk, males do not get mad. They get even ;)
        Aug 2, 2014
      2. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        That's females...but they also get mad. I always wondered about that myself. I wanted some angry facial expressions for males for one of my games that used generated faces, but alas.
        Aug 2, 2014
      3. PixelHeart
        PixelHeart
        No worries :) . I edited the females to work with the male face frame :) . I just made it wider...so it looks like he's shouting. Maybe ill post it!
        Aug 2, 2014
    12. PixelHeart
      PixelHeart
      does anybody know what the name of the guy on the VX ace box art is? Does he have a name?
      2. PixelHeart
        PixelHeart
        As a matter of fact, what are all their names?....if they have them.
        Aug 2, 2014
      3. Solo
        Solo
        Yeah, I'm totally into that elf girl!
        Aug 2, 2014
      4. Silent Darkness
        Silent Darkness
        Good question. Maybe if you pester Archeia about it, you can get an answer. Or she'll use her lvl 99 evil force powers to crush you underfoot for your pitulent ways of blablabla XD
        Aug 2, 2014
    13. PixelHeart
      PixelHeart
      ewwwwww....im like'n Character Hub :D !! Much, MUCH better than the built in character generator.
      2. Alkorri
        Alkorri
        Yes, the face gen was added recently :) I can make really nice characters from them
        Aug 1, 2014
      3. PixelHeart
        PixelHeart
        OH WOW! So their not done with it yet?!
        Aug 1, 2014
      4. Alkorri
        Alkorri
        No idea, but I managed to add my own char gen parts and the program recognized it. Sometimes doesn't work though, but doesn't hurt to try :)
        Aug 1, 2014
    14. PixelHeart
      PixelHeart
      is the Game Character Hub pretty good?...
      2. OM3GA-Z3RO
        OM3GA-Z3RO
        Really thinking of getting this. It is so convenient.
        Jul 31, 2014
      3. PixelHeart
        PixelHeart
        Well, just bought it....hope it wasint a waste.
        Aug 1, 2014
      4. Alkorri
        Alkorri
        Deathswallow I have Game Character Hub, and I have to say it's really useful as you'll see!
        Aug 1, 2014
    15. PixelHeart
      PixelHeart
      QUICK! Give me a random setting for my new (barebones) fantasy RPG project im starting!
      2. Alkorri
        Alkorri
        Land of sentinel pies.
        Jul 31, 2014
      3. Alkorri
        Alkorri
        Err, I meant SENTIENT pies, but sentinel works too!
        Jul 31, 2014
      4. DarkstarMatryx
        DarkstarMatryx
        Posiedon's Kingdom, under the sea.
        Jul 31, 2014
    16. PixelHeart
      PixelHeart
      ok...in the Futuristic Tileset, in Tileset E, there is a green..."thing"....all the way to the right edge, about in the middle...WhAt ThE HeCk IS THAT!!?? OwO
    17. PixelHeart
      PixelHeart
      Ok...NOW...im getting impatient. >:( . Ive been trying to get help with somehing from the main site...ive sent like 4-5 tickets in the past month. I know thier probably busy, but geez'....cant they at least send me a email saying they've received my inquiry, like they have before... :p
      1. seita
        seita
        A forum post is the best way to get a quick response
        Jul 26, 2014
    18. PixelHeart
      PixelHeart
      LOW EXPECTATIONS!! Get your LOW EXSPECTAIONS HERE!!! GET'EM WHILE THERE COLD!!
    19. PixelHeart
      PixelHeart
      when you think your ideas origenal...and then find out its not... :<
      2. PixelHeart
        PixelHeart
        are space fairies original?
        Jul 2, 2014
      3. CrazyCrab
        CrazyCrab
        It's definitely on the original side - It really depends on everything else, if it's Star Wars with space fairies it's still Star Wars ;)
        Jul 2, 2014
      4. Eschaton
        Eschaton
        "Good artists copy, great artists steal."

-Pablo Picasso (contested), Steve Jobs (definitely)
        Jul 2, 2014
    20. PixelHeart
      PixelHeart
      makeing tree tiles is hard :<
      2. That Bread
        That Bread
        Aww yeh! Pun master XD
        Jun 15, 2014
      3. Ratty524
        Ratty524
        It's the leaves, man, the freakin' leaves. It's hard to make them look like actual tree leaves in such a low res art style.
        Jun 15, 2014
      4. PixelHeart
        PixelHeart
        ^^^Absolutly!!!
        Jun 15, 2014
  • About

Birthday:
    June 17
    Graphic Artist
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses: