PK8
Last Activity:
Jan 1, 2016

Share This Page

PK8

I sense there's something in the wind..., from Spiral Hill

Veteran

Attention Self Data Suite fans!

I apologize for moving my Self Data Suite to a very obscure location within my dropbox. I was hoping to update the hell out of it one day but life (and some other awesome things) just kept on happening.

I finally moved my Self Data Suite back into its original location. The links should be working again. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience. Hope you can forgive me. :) Jul 11, 2015

PK8 was last seen:
Jan 1, 2016
    1. PK8
      PK8
      I somehow always manage to stretch myself a little too thin for my own good. I still keep forgetting to make room for scripting. I've been pretty busy.
    2. PK8
      PK8
      I haven't had time to post any new material. Dates and photography, oh my!
    3. PK8
      PK8
      Trying to come up with a post for a new discussion topic. Not quite sure if it'll be engaging, but I hope so! :)
      1. Elements
        Elements
        I'm still a professional eventer for hire
        Jul 9, 2013
      2. PK8
        PK8
        And eventing is still a legitimate sport, no matter what anyone says. XD
        Jul 9, 2013
    4. PK8
      PK8
      Today marks 8 years of me being in the scene. Wow.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. PK8
        PK8
        8 years of being a part of the community.
        Jul 8, 2013
      3. ShinGamix
        ShinGamix
        what was your first community PK8?
        Jul 8, 2013
      4. PK8
        PK8
        That would be RMXP.net, though it's long since been dead.
        Jul 9, 2013
    5. PK8
      PK8
      1279 notifications. I've been gone for that long?
      2. Kaiser
        Kaiser
        sup man. its been a while.
        Jul 5, 2013
      3. Zetu
        Zetu
        P`!!!! /me stabs

I mished you
        Jul 5, 2013
      4. PK8
        PK8
        Z`!!! /me hugs

You too!
        Jul 9, 2013
    6. PK8
      PK8
      I give up.
      1. Blodeuyn
        Blodeuyn
        Don't give up, It only makes things harder.
        Mar 26, 2013
      2. Gomi Boy
        Gomi Boy
        About fricking time.
        Mar 26, 2013
      3. NecroNeko
        NecroNeko
        According to Games today you can probably get a better Blade for just 10$ and without doing anything. Premium users everywhere.
        Mar 26, 2013
    7. PK8
      PK8
      Tempted to do $imported because all the cool kids are doing it.
      1. PK8
        PK8
        It's seriously an awful practice tho.
        Mar 21, 2013
      2. Zetu
        Zetu
        It's convenient, for those who are too lazy to make individual compatibility patches. I just say, screw compatibility, if my script conflicts with another, not my problem :)<
        Mar 21, 2013
    8. PK8
      PK8
      After dedicating a little too much time on finishing up a template for my readme, I'm going to try to finish up some scripts today.
    9. PK8
      PK8
      So today's the 1st anniversary of the opening of the official forums. Happy anniversary, RMW. Keep being awesome.
      2. BILL_NYE_THO
        BILL_NYE_THO
        Is it still worth visiting?
        Mar 16, 2013
      3. PK8
        PK8
        I haven't lurked there in years so I wouldn't really know.
        Mar 16, 2013
      4. BILL_NYE_THO
        BILL_NYE_THO
        Same here. :p

I feel old sometimes, considering how long I've been doing RPG Maker, haha
        Mar 16, 2013
    10. PK8
      PK8
      Ditching Compatibility and Changelog tables in my readmes. Too much code for a readme (and I'm too lazy). They're better off in my header.
    11. PK8
      PK8
      I hate the fact that I'm kinda stuck trying to build a template for the rest of my readmes to use (I'm ditching the big headers for this). I could be doing something much better... like scripting or making a project. That's what I get for wanting to provide the best possible documentation for my stuff. *keeps going*
      1. TengHu
        TengHu
        there's a lesson to be learned here.........somewhere.......
        Mar 4, 2013
      2. ShinGamix
        ShinGamix
        I like the header idea.
        Mar 4, 2013
    12. PK8
      PK8
      Time to start restructuring a lot of my files in my dropbox. Links might become broken as a result.
    13. Asterisk
      Asterisk
      Awww you're too sweet!! *hughug* :DDD
    14. PK8
      PK8
      I'm considering ditching the lengthy script headers so I can replace it with a small header that would contain some vital info (as to what's being considered "vital" is being fleshed out) along with the always handy but even more detailed compatibility table.

The script headers will contain links to webpages located within my dropbox account. Through those pages, I can provide all of the documentation and info I need to provide without having to waste too much time...
      1. PK8
        PK8
        ...structuring the content in all sorts of drawn out ASCII boxes. Plus, I'm pretty decent at web design so it works out! But yes, this means I can use that as an opportunity to go all out on the documentation without having to worry too much about how users would perceive the information they're getting.

Unfortunately however, that also means I just delayed the release of some of my new scripts by about two weeks.
        Feb 28, 2013
    15. PK8
      PK8
      Even if there were 12 or so more hours in the day, I'd still be terrible at time management.
      1. Dark_Metamorphosis
        Dark_Metamorphosis
        I wish there were more hours per day.. time flies by so freaking fast -.-
        Feb 26, 2013
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        Yeah, I think my time management would actually get worse if I had that much more time.
        Feb 26, 2013
      3. Shaz
        Shaz
        That's like money. No matter how much you have, you'll always find a way to use it, you won't have enough after it's all done, and you'll wonder where it all went :)
        Feb 26, 2013
    16. PK8
      PK8
      Procrastinated like hell yesterday. Time to see if I could finish what I started this week. Off to scripting I go.
    17. PK8
      PK8
      I can't believe some people still hold grudges over something that happened about 5 years ago. Let it go, man. ...Unless they mentally scarred you then yeah.
      2. Clord
        Clord
        One of well known examples is Pearl Harbor.
        Feb 20, 2013
      3. PK8
        PK8
        I meant over petty stuff that's happened around some other parts of the community.
        Feb 20, 2013
      4. Tsukitsune
        Tsukitsune
        It's pretty retarded if you ask me
        Feb 21, 2013
    18. PK8
      PK8
      1. PK8
        PK8
        Why do I even bother asking? It's not like anyone really uses my stuff anyway. MERGING IT IS!
        Feb 20, 2013
      2. Nicke
        Nicke
        Maybe because it is XP :p
        Feb 20, 2013
      3. PK8
        PK8
        I should've linked to the Ace versions then. OTL
        Feb 20, 2013
    19. PK8
      PK8
      Just finished my four scripts (for XP). Now to refine some of the "Change __ Properties in Frames" scripts. Some of them might end up combined whereas a few others might end up separated into a script in their own (because I realized I bloated one of them with a needless feature).
    20. PK8
      PK8
      The awkward moment when you realize really late into making your script that Planes don't have an update method.
      1. Galv
        Galv
        Do helicopters? (jokes) Can't you just update it in the update method of whatever class it's in?
        Feb 18, 2013
      2. Zetu
        Zetu
        you can manually add an update method :/

/me stabs
        Feb 19, 2013
  • About

Welcome to the page of the adorkable, socially awkward, overthinking scripter and occasional resource maker! How may I help?

Facebook: http://facebook.com/ThePK8
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/ThePK8
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/user/ThePK8

Interact

Signature

I'm currently not supporting any of my scripts because I recently came back from a lengthy hiatus. I will begin revamping almost all of them in due time. For now, look at the Progress page on my site to check my current progress.

CALLING ALL SCRIPTERS
    Let's improve $imported!
    $imported Expansion | $imported[:SCRIPT_LIST] | Cross-engine Scripting
    [​IMG]
    Click that (^) to check out my Script & Resource Site.
    Creator of the Self Data Suite -- The Most Extensive Set of Scripts Around (also available for RPG Maker XP and VX)

Who called it a Hash?