PK8
Last Activity:
Jan 1, 2016

Share This Page

PK8

I sense there's something in the wind..., from Spiral Hill

Veteran

Attention Self Data Suite fans!

I apologize for moving my Self Data Suite to a very obscure location within my dropbox. I was hoping to update the hell out of it one day but life (and some other awesome things) just kept on happening.

I finally moved my Self Data Suite back into its original location. The links should be working again. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience. Hope you can forgive me. :) Jul 11, 2015

PK8 was last seen:
Jan 1, 2016
    1. PK8
      PK8
      Just scripted Sprite Tweening for XP. 3 out of 4 scripts to go before I script them to VX and eventually Ace.
    2. PK8
      PK8
      There's one thing that always bothered me in the RM community. Who shipped Aluxes and Gloria?
      1. View previous comments...
      2. slimmmeiske2
        slimmmeiske2
        And Gloria and Hilda are their counterpart!
        Feb 17, 2013
      3. McTricky
        McTricky
        Male hero + Female white mage formula.
        Feb 17, 2013
      4. PK8
        PK8
        lmao!

@McTricky: Ahhh, that's why. I keep forgetting that. That explains a lot.
        Feb 17, 2013
    3. PK8
      PK8
      So I'm still pretty rusty and this is my first day again. Anyone a fan of my New Character/Picture Properties or Change __ Properties in Frames scripts? If so, keep your eyes peeled. I'm doing something kind of big here.
      1. dragonborn99
        dragonborn99
        Okay then....
        Feb 16, 2013
    4. PK8
      PK8
      Just started scripting for the first time in forever (Really 6 months... Wait, it's been 6 months!?). I am very... VERY rusty.
      1. Gomi Boy
        Gomi Boy
        I'M A LUSTY CRUSTY VIKING AND I HOPE I'M TO YOUR LIKING
        Feb 15, 2013
    5. PK8
      PK8
    6. PK8
      PK8
      1. Neon Black
        Neon Black
        Yeah, change it back. I won't know who you are.
        Feb 9, 2013
      2. PK8
        PK8
        Done. :B
        Feb 17, 2013
      3. Neon Black
        Neon Black
        I was sorta kidding, really. XD I was just joking a bit that as long as I'd known you, I'd seen that avatar.

And that's a sea lion? I was kinda wondering what it was.
        Feb 17, 2013
    7. PK8
    8. PK8
      PK8
      I just thought of what may be the most creative, unique, and yet the most stupidest idea for a script ever.
      2. Kread-EX
        Kread-EX
        But it doesn't convey Rhyme's gentlemanly charm.
        Feb 8, 2013
      3. Lars Ulrika
        Lars Ulrika
        A script to make the game go backwards.
        Feb 8, 2013
      4. Emzie
        Emzie
        Make a script that a character can't use magic >_> (SAO preference)
        Feb 8, 2013
    9. PK8
      PK8
      Wow, real cool stream by Des and Reynard. Can't help but wonder what's the title of that 2k3 game so I could check it out myself. :) Anyway, time to stop procrastinating and get back to working on my script headers and licenses. :)
    10. PK8
      PK8
      Thanks everyone for answering my last status. Currently trying to think things through on a license for my scripts. One thing's for sure though. I need to throw in a line somewhere asking everyone to not copy/paste my scripts all willy-nilly at other places where I can't even support them.
      1. PK8
        PK8
        I mean I don't get the logic. If my script is posted here... why ask for support elsewhere when you can just ask me? .-.
        Feb 7, 2013
      2. Acetonide
        Acetonide
        That is questionable, and you provide such great support (from what I recall) it's a shame. I think if people wanted to spread it, they should just link to the original.
        Feb 7, 2013
      3. Gomi Boy
        Gomi Boy
        because it's rpg maker and 70% of everyone who uses it are entitled children who already view all such resources as "theirs" and don't much care for anything that suggests a truth to the contrary, even in a token non-invasive sense.
        Feb 7, 2013
    11. PK8
      PK8
      [repost] This question probably should have been better off being asked later today. Question, end-users (and scripters): I'm thinking about leaving links in my script as to where I can be reached for support. Should I either: Link it to an html file on my dropbox or link it to a page on my personal site?
      2. Titanhex
        Titanhex
        Link it to the recycle bin on their desktop. :3
        Feb 7, 2013
      3. Titanhex
        Titanhex
        Site also works.
        Feb 7, 2013
      4. Helladen
        Helladen
        Personal site works better. Comments for questions are much easily organized than being spammed with emails.
        Feb 7, 2013
    12. PK8
      PK8
      This question probably should have been better off being asked later today. Question, end-users (and scripters): I'm thinking about leaving links in my script as to where I can be reached for support. Should I either: Link it to an html file on my dropbox or link it to a page on my personal site?
      1. PK8
        PK8
        Links in my script's header*
        Feb 6, 2013
      2. Holder
        Holder
        If each script has it's own topic at your site then I'd personally say do that one.
        Feb 6, 2013
    13. PK8
      PK8
    14. PK8
      PK8
      Had a post completely written out but then Windows Update comes out of nowhere and messes it all up. How do I disable it? :|
      1. Acetonide
        Acetonide
        Which version of windows are you running?
        Feb 6, 2013
      2. PK8
        PK8
        Windows 7
        Feb 6, 2013
    15. PK8
      PK8
      Trying to upload an animated graphic as my avatar. Only one frame is being shown...
      1. Helladen
        Helladen
        Is it a GIF?
        Feb 6, 2013
      2. PK8
        PK8
        Yes
        Feb 6, 2013
    16. PK8
      PK8
      There was a bit of talk from a scripter about giving tiles more terrain tags. What if... I decided to give a tile (not a tileset) their own self switches and variables?
      1. Shaz
        Shaz
        Could be interesting. Wouldn't help with displaying the map, but it could be used in a similar way to terrain tags and regions.
        Feb 4, 2013
      2. Zetu
        Zetu
        Sounds hard, in terms of customization.
        Feb 5, 2013
      3. PK8
        PK8
        That's where a tile index selection tool would come in, if I could build one. I'm not sure how I'd deal with autotiles though (and VX/Ace has an abundance of them).
        Feb 5, 2013
    17. Νύξ
      Νύξ
      Hello?
      1. PK8
        PK8
        Here :p
        Jan 31, 2013
      2. Νύξ
        Νύξ
        Were you been?
        Feb 1, 2013
      3. PK8
        PK8
        *pokes*
        Mar 4, 2013
    18. PK8
      PK8
      Checklist is getting a lot longer. Unfortunately, I keep managing to distract myself with other stuff.
      1. Fomar0153
        Fomar0153
        How many scripts have you finished so far this year?
        Jan 30, 2013
      2. PK8
        PK8
        None.
        Jan 30, 2013
      3. PK8
        PK8
        Too busy getting rid of lots of files and moving some elsewhere.
        Jan 30, 2013
    19. PK8
      PK8
      I keep adding a lot of ideas onto my checklist. Some which are a little out of my league. I wonder if I'll really be able to make them all.
      1. Bird Eater
        Bird Eater
        The more you have, the harder you will try to do at least some of them. I think it will help you improve, at least.
        Jan 26, 2013
      2. Gomi Boy
        Gomi Boy
        You gotta shove the ugly wobbly baby bird outta the nest at some point or other.
        Jan 26, 2013
      3. Νύξ
        Νύξ
        "YES YOU CAN" :D
        Jan 27, 2013
    20. PK8
      PK8
      Trying to start a discussion thread though I'm not sure how to verbalize it. Sucks.
      1. PK8
        PK8
        I guess I should be a little less vague. I'm trying to figure out if people prefer using script calls or adjusting a variable/switch to modify a setting in a user-made script.

Wait, I think I just figured it out.
        Jan 25, 2013
      2. Cartridge
        Cartridge
        Hmm that's worth a discussion yes. I personally preffered variables, but nowadays I like script calls more: you don't need to use your worthy variables anymore D:
        Jan 25, 2013
  • About

Welcome to the page of the adorkable, socially awkward, overthinking scripter and occasional resource maker! How may I help?

Facebook: http://facebook.com/ThePK8
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/ThePK8
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/user/ThePK8

Interact

Signature

I'm currently not supporting any of my scripts because I recently came back from a lengthy hiatus. I will begin revamping almost all of them in due time. For now, look at the Progress page on my site to check my current progress.

CALLING ALL SCRIPTERS
    Let's improve $imported!
    $imported Expansion | $imported[:SCRIPT_LIST] | Cross-engine Scripting
    [​IMG]
    Click that (^) to check out my Script & Resource Site.
    Creator of the Self Data Suite -- The Most Extensive Set of Scripts Around (also available for RPG Maker XP and VX)

Who called it a Hash?