Plainview
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Getting ready to head home in a new minutes. Spent a majority of the night shift doing VXAce Stuff. Some sleep would be most welcome.
    Reactions: Archeia
    Archeia
    Archeia
    Get enough rest! Sleep debt can be pretty terrible for productivity.
    I'm curious, how do you guys fight procrastination? 
    Zaen
    Zaen
    Tileset utilities would be cool though.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    It was - but then Win10 came and my program and it did not play nice. Nobody I worked with knew why, either, and then after that, there was a backup mishap that ate my working program and most of the database with tileset data. I think I've got the (new!) MV part working, but I can't test it until I get the MV tile data in the database, and I want to finish the XP tiles first.

...phew. :|
    Bonkers
    Bonkers
    Deadlines.
    Have you guys implemented a grappler type of character into your game? You know, a character who focuses on throw attacks? If so, how did you go about it? Looking for inspiration, is all.
    Fugama
    Fugama
    If I did I'd probably make two states (grappler and grappled) and make it so they're both disabled and then once the grappler turn timer goes to 0 at turn end have it do an action sequence based on the value of a variable for which skill was used, while choosing the target in the sequence based on a variable stored of the targets spot in the $gameTroop._enemies[] array as a custom leave effect.

Then make it so that the grappled effect gets removed if your other allies hit the monster with a physical attack and give it a % chance to end it prematurely if the grappler gets hit while below some HP threshold  or something like that and setup the grappled state remove effect to check for and remove the grappler state so the grappled ability doesn't get to go off if the grapple is broken by outside forces
    Fugama
    Fugama
    Granted, that only really works with MV that I know of.
    Kes
    Kes
    Status updates is not for asking this sort of query, but  are a casual way to share your random thoughts or bits of information.

Please start a thread in the Support forum for the engine you are using.  Alternatively, if you want to generally discuss how different games have implemented this, try Game Mechanics Design.
    I love how good the character generator looks! MV is plus in my book so far! Still haven't played around with it fully, though.
    Finally found some time to check out Luna Engine. I bought it a few months ago, but due to work, I never really got around to it DX
    Jasutin Rai
    Jasutin Rai
    Is it what you were expecting?
    Plainview
    Plainview
    It was! Just reading over the manual it comes with so I can learn how to really use it :)
    Vacation is over, and it's time to get back to work! Can't wait to screw up my internal clock again DX
    Finally on my two week vacation! Reconnected with some family up in New York a few days ago! We went to a Sesame Street themed waterpark with my sister and her kids! It was pretty fun!
    Here's a random thought that just came up: All games have "weight". The more "weight" added to a game the more difficult it will be.
    Far117
    Far117
    Plot twist: Muscle is heavier than fat
    Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    I think of weight in the difficulty to understand the game, not the difficulty to play the game.

A game can be very simple to learn, but very hard to master (like Go) is, while a game can have a ton of rules, but not really be that challenging to play once learned.

Basically weight is how difficult it is to learn to play. Difficulty is a different thing.
    Plainview
    Plainview
    That's exactly what I mean, Touchfuzzy, you hit the nail on the head. It the learning curve of the game that gives it weight.

Also, Far117, you made me laugh XD
    I'm glad that there's a thread that translated the terms and conditions in japanese RM resource sites. Luckily, I seem to be in the clear, as long as I give credit, of course.
    What do you guys look for in a romance subplot? What games have your favorites?
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    Interactivity. I want to be able to have a lot of dialogue options with the romance interest at any point in the game. Even better if we can discuss the events of the current or previous mission.
    Bastrophian
    Bastrophian
    Ummm... :/ ...well romance, definitely!
    My brother pre-ordered the Pipboy Edition for Fallout 4! Can't wait until the game comes out!
    I'm gonna sound like a gigantic dick for this, but whenever I see a game based on an existing game, like "Final Fantasy: (Insert New Name Here)" or anything like that, I don't even take a glance at it. I don't know, but it just feels like the game is trying to hang on that game's coat tails. I don't know it just bothers me...
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    Being inspired by another work is not the same as making a fanfic though.
    Dark Horseman
    Dark Horseman
    There actually aren't that many of these, and I feel they're just inspired starting games from beginners/younger folk It'd be pretty intimidating to construct an entirely new world and concepts from scratch if you've never done it before.
    Kes
    Kes
    @Pine

Quite a number, actually.
    Working on a Sci-Fi RPG along with my current one. Luckily, there were a lot of Sci-fi resources in rpgmakerweb's store.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

We're almost done with the jam game! :D
I get scam calls all the time so today I gave them a piece of my mind. They hung up on me. Sweet revenge.
There’s a beehive in my wall
Just finished my midterms! Freedom! Alright, back to gamedev!
I confirmed my train ticket yesterday. I'll be heading to Orlando on the 29th... last time I went, I found this little treasure!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infusa