Recent content by Porcelain

1. Porcelain

Timer Doesn't Run Expire Code on Map

My project files are version 1.0. Been putting off updating because they're heavily modified. My code is missing the this.stop(); so I'll try that. Thank you! If it doesn't work I already have a workaround.
  2. Porcelain

Timer Doesn't Run Expire Code on Map

I have my Game_Timer run the following code on expire: $gameTimer.stop(); SceneManager.goto(Scene_Gameover); This removes the timer and gives the player a Game Over, but it only works in battle. I'm trying to get it to also work on the map screen. I tried running...
  3. Porcelain

Side Effects Control

I really want to use this plugin, but what are the terms of use?
  4. Porcelain

Does changing character order actually do anything?

I'm talking about the formation option that's in the default menu. It seems like it just changes the order of the characters in the menu/field/battles. Does it actually affect anything else, like how often characters are targeted? Just asking out of curiosity.
  5. Porcelain

[Released]Side Effects Control

This looks amazing and I can't wait for it to be released.
  6. Porcelain

Looping Animations on Map

Don't worry about it. Thanks for taking the time to look into this. I'll wait as long as it takes, and if I get to the part I want to use this for before that, then I'll just make an animated tile for it or use the step animation method. Not sure if this helps, but this plugin: allows...
  7. Porcelain

I don't mean to bother you, but was my image not detailed enough? I'm willing to provide a more detailed mockup if so.
  8. Porcelain

Green and Blue with clouds: Parallax (bottom layer) Dark gray: Wall with transparent window (A tiles) Light gray: Floor (A tiles) Yellow lines: Rain animation Red square: Character I don't have a screen because this is only a concept right now, but I know how to execute it because of...
  9. Porcelain

First of all, I want to say that I love this plugin because it fixes the bug in default MV where entering the menu makes animations disappear. One question, though. Is there a way to have animations play beneath the tileset, but above the parallax layer? I want to have a rain effect outside a...
  10. Porcelain

Galv's Map Animation Effects

That's too bad, cause animations are way more flexible and have better performance than pictures in the default engine. I imagine the solution has something to do with saving the state of the animation and preserving it until the menu is closed. Anyway, nice job on the script. The depth feature...
  11. Porcelain

Galv's Map Animation Effects

I have an issue with vanilla MV where my map animations will be gone for a few frames or sometimes a full second if I enter the menu then exit. Does this plugin fix that issue?
  12. Porcelain

Preventing the battle status window from centering at turn start and changing fill direction for gra

I'm assuming both of these are simple script edits, but I just can't figure them out. For the first one, I want the battle status window to stay on the right when the player is done entering commands. By default, it centers itself when the command window closes. I've looked over the functions...
  13. Porcelain

JavaScript questions that don't deserve their own thread

I want to have enemy state icons drawn the same way as the player characters' (in a straight line of up to 4 icons) rather than flashing between icons. I'm pretty sure the solution is editing these two functions in rpg_sprites.js (Sprite_Enemy): This is the function for drawing player...
  14. Porcelain

Changing the color of the text outline.

That's exactly what I needed. Thanks. Editing those lines in rpg_core.js actually won't work if you're using Yanfly's Message Core, but all you need to do is edit a nearly identical line in that script.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The game's already out there. Now what?
It has now gotten to the point where I need detailed excel spreadsheets to track where every individual enemy on the map is, what type of enemy they are and how many rooms you need to pass through to make them respawn.

I'm simultaneously proud of my diligence and would never wish this torture on even my worst enemies. :kaoswt2:
Variation two of my nameless protagonist- now with color!!
WIN_20220815_21_48_46_Pro.jpg
thoughts?
Fun question - how do you manage the scope of your projects? All of my projects seem to balloon until they pop and they are suddenly nonexistent!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
4D_