Sep 23, 2018 at 4:08 PM
Birthday:
Jul 22, 1996 (Age: 22)
Lazy pi.... person

Share This Page

Poryg

Pixie of the Emvee kingdom, Male, 22, from Czech Republic

Veteran

I am by no means a beer expert. But sour wheat combined with decently strong bitter hops? That's some Devil's invention. Sep 23, 2018 at 1:49 AM

Poryg was last seen:
Sep 23, 2018 at 4:08 PM
    1. Poryg
      Poryg
      I am by no means a beer expert. But sour wheat combined with decently strong bitter hops? That's some Devil's invention.
      1. Poryg
        Poryg
        Note: It was a wheat beer, so it was sour. However, in that beer there was a strong taste of hops as well, creating a rather terrible cocktail of tastes where the sour is getting overwhelmed by the bitterness of hops in the aftertaste. And as the aftertaste faded away, the bitterness did too, but the sourness stood for a while longer. In other words these two tastes were fighting each other.
        Sep 23, 2018 at 1:52 AM
    2. Poryg
      Poryg
      To allow support for wav and mp3 formats or not to allow support for wav and mp3 formats? That is a question. That and a million more...
      1. View previous comments...
      2. MushroomCake28
        MushroomCake28
        Then how about an option to download the game with the ogg files for smaller game size, and the option to download the game with wav files, for those who don't care about file size and want the best quality?
        Sep 20, 2018 at 7:07 AM
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        @MushroomCake28 Understood. I'll incorporate only the ogg and m4a plugins into the core engine, but I'll make a plugin that will allow you to choose any one supported format. I don't think I'll allow format mixing though, since that would require additional checks to avoid hassles with 404 errors.
        Sep 20, 2018 at 7:16 AM
        MushroomCake28 likes this.
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        @TheoAllen I would definitely not incorporate MIDI into the core engine :D Maybe one day as a plugin.
        Sep 20, 2018 at 7:17 AM
    3. Poryg
      Poryg
      I hate it when I am very hungry, but I don't feel like eating anything.
      1. DeviTheHuman likes this.
      2. DeviTheHuman
        DeviTheHuman
        This happens to me a lot. I end up eating snack foods like pretzels or cheese wedges.
        Sep 19, 2018 at 6:36 PM
      3. Windows i7
        Windows i7
        Sometimes I'm not hungry but I eat anyways because I know I need to.
        Sep 19, 2018 at 10:12 PM
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        I try to have really simple meals on hand for those days. Oh look, a potato. I can do that. PB&J, yup. Salad, okay. Oh hey, an apple! Simple but not unhealthy is tricky though.
        Sep 19, 2018 at 11:08 PM
    4. Poryg
      Poryg
      Tofay's Javascript lesson: The main difference between ES6 classes and ES5 prototypes is that prototypes don't inherit static functions.
      1. Windows i7
        Windows i7
        I guess you could also say ES6 is classier.
        Sep 19, 2018 at 10:14 PM
    5. Poryg
      Poryg
      Way to teach biology in 2018?
      1. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        We're like the mage class. :p
        Sep 18, 2018 at 2:39 AM
      2. Kuro DCupu
        Kuro DCupu
        Oh, gotta love tierzoo~
        Sep 18, 2018 at 3:04 AM
      3. MushroomCake28
        MushroomCake28
        Lol I love this channel.
        Sep 18, 2018 at 7:03 AM
    6. Poryg
      Poryg
      So, once again I've been convinced about the truth of this my life rule: Never ever trust a Czech. Never. Ever.
      2. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        @Poryg You would be right not to do so. B)
        Sep 17, 2018 at 11:02 PM
      3. AdamSakuru
        AdamSakuru
        Started making a Czechlist of my favourite games. At number one, I thought we'd started off with Chzechers. Always a classic.
        Sep 18, 2018 at 4:56 AM
        The Stranger likes this.
      4. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        I don't like chezhs. Only cash!
        Sep 18, 2018 at 7:52 AM
        The Stranger likes this.
    7. Poryg
      Poryg
      I didn't expect to improve so fast on Dominions 3. However, I'm still far from good from what it looks like, since I can beat only normal AI
      1. The Stranger likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        I've also slowly learned when to conserve gold and when to spend it... And I've learned about the extreme importance of a strong dominion and many temples regardless of what nation you are, because if you lose all dominion, you simply die :p
        Sep 16, 2018
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        That's how I did learn. But, what little I did learn didn't mean much because I found the game to be rather boring. Even though I had over 2 hours of playtime, I still managed to get a refund. :D
        Sep 16, 2018
      5. Poryg
        Poryg
        Yes, it is rather bland at first. I felt the same thing :D But now that I have my own PC and experiment with it myself, I find it actually quite deep. Of course terribly imbalanced, some races are just stronger, some are against one another and some need so special treatment that you can get screwed in multi, but it got more fun once I got to know it :D
        Sep 16, 2018
        The Stranger likes this.
    8. Poryg
      Poryg
      TFW you begin to sing a song mentioning a girl's name and there's a girl with the same name next to you... :D
      2. ??????
        ??????
        Im curious, what was her name? i wanna try guess the song :D
        Sep 15, 2018
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        I bet it was Maggie May. :p
        Sep 15, 2018
        ?????? likes this.
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        Sep 15, 2018
    9. Poryg
      Poryg
      I love making random pigeon sounds and confusing people around me :D
      1. Amane Kagari and The Stranger like this.
      2. Isabella Ava
        Isabella Ava
        Don't do it near a hunter : O
        Sep 13, 2018
        The Stranger likes this.
      3. Amane Kagari
        Amane Kagari
        What a coincidence. So do I. ;)
        Sep 15, 2018
    10. Poryg
      Poryg
      So I've begun making my own MV engine. I'll try to keep the format as close to default MV as possible, however it's still more than probable
      2. Ksi
        Ksi
        IE - tracing over someone's work and trying to say it's yours is just going to get you in to trouble because it wasn't yours. I don't know why you don't just make your own game engine with 100% your own code, no need for any of MVs. You appear to have skill enough to do so. It'd save you legal headaches farther down the line.
        Sep 13, 2018
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        It won't give me any headaches at all, MV code is MIT licensed.
        Sep 13, 2018
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        Although you're right, since I'm breaking almost all plugins anyway, I might just do a fully original code.
        Sep 13, 2018
    11. Poryg
      Poryg
      MV doesn't support MP4 (mp4 are invisible in 1.6.1), but still includes references both in core scripts and in help file. Interesting.
      1. SOC
        SOC
        I was wondering why I couldn't use MP4 any more.
        Sep 13, 2018
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        It's logical. ffmpeg are proprietary codecs and need to be licensed before they can be used. Just like ogg vorbis, they're also proprietary codecs.
        Sep 13, 2018
    12. Poryg
      Poryg
      My favorite in-game before-the-battle dialog: "I smell the scent of a fear." "Look in your pants. Maybe it's coming from there."
    13. Poryg
      Poryg
      When I enter the corridors of our apartment house, I get welcome by a scent of a cute girl, reminiscent of certain one. The question is...
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        @The Stranger Not the case in our country. Here we don't have queues in front of women's restrooms. We only have queues in front of plastic surgeons, botox applicators and other doctors.
        @Dalph Actually, fear has a rather different smell, which doesn't spread too far and doesn't linger for too long. It's also an unpleasant smell, not a pleasant fragnance as this one was.
        Sep 11, 2018
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        Sep 11, 2018
      4. chungsie
        chungsie
        probably just a french perfume that is meant to replace bathing?
        Sep 11, 2018
        starlight dream likes this.
    14. Poryg
      Poryg
      Welp, I should get my script shop get up and running... But god dayum my sloth :(
    15. Poryg
      Poryg
      In magicka I like the fact that I can kill absolutely anyone there. I just hate that I can't load chapter 2 due to crashes :(
    16. Poryg
      Poryg
      "Sorry, we found someone more suitable." I wonder who is more suitable for unqualified work than someone with experience and who lives near.
      1. Matseb2611 likes this.
      3. Matseb2611
        Matseb2611
        It's either that or you're too overqualified. Always one of those two extremes. XD
        Sep 8, 2018
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        @Sharm This would be illegal in our country. You're not allowed to fire someone to get a cheaper alternative here. And the employer would have lost the battle in the court.
        Sep 8, 2018
      5. Sharm
        Sharm
        Oh, it's illegal here too. I just hated the job anyway and I knew from other sources that they were going to go bankrupt soon anyway so I didn't care enough to fight it.
        Sep 8, 2018
    17. Poryg
      Poryg
      Everyone reacted to my huge lollipop today. Everyone. Except for the one person I wanted to. That's life goes, never as you planned, huh?
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        In the end I had an opportunity few minutes later, because she was making some coffee for her colleagues. But well, I found the situation so awkward (she had cut herself with a broken cup earlier) that I was just standing there watching her as she makes the coffee :D Well, I at least got her name.
        Sep 5, 2018
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        @?????? I know how it feels. Sometimes everyone says things like that. I've said some even to my own manager, but she has a sense of humour, so she just laughed it off (one area I can be lucky for being Czech - Czechs are not quick to judge when it's about sex related things).
        Sep 5, 2018
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        However, I don't think I'll go for the girl. Because it's really hard for me to talk to a cute girl... And even harder when we can't understand each other's language properly :D Also, I get really awkward in her presence). Usually I have the confidence to ask a girl out or confess that I like her... In this case I don't have the confidence to say anything.
        Sep 5, 2018
    18. Poryg
      Poryg
      People are so obsessed with a clean, nearly sterile house and end up sick due to lack of natural immunity. Amazing.
      3. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        So are we going back drinking water straight from the river now?
        Sep 4, 2018
      4. SOC
        SOC
        There's the classic "it has to be all one way or the other" or "if 1 is good then 2 must be even better!" Just because too much sterility is bad doesn't mean everything dirty is good. Yes, you should play in the dirt more and stop using hand sanitizer but that doesn't mean drink parasites.
        Sep 4, 2018
      5. Poryg
        Poryg
        Indeed, everything dirty is not good. If you weren't to wash your skin, you'd eventually end up having bruises all over your body, injuries would be easier to get infected and wounds regenerate more slowly. However, washing yourself six times a day is not good either (in fact even 2x a day is too much afaik). As for dirty environment, as long as it's within reason, it definitely doesn't hurt.
        Sep 4, 2018
    19. Poryg
      Poryg
      After fighting it for 7 hours I have finally managed to get my first nwjs native addon compiled. But it was worth it.
      1. Amarok and Kes like this.
      3. Isabella Ava
        Isabella Ava
        Now Poryg is at Max Level
        Sep 4, 2018
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        @Isabella Ava Actually, I'm still nowhere as powerful as I was before my PC crashed. But in the end I'll return more powerful than ever :D
        Sep 4, 2018
      5. Poryg
        Poryg
        @?????? Just a stupid access to Windows API offers so much fun even without hacking :D However, it could be potentially more useful. And could maybe allow for much more genuine multithreading than web workers.
        Sep 4, 2018
        ?????? likes this.
    20. Poryg
      Poryg
      So yesterday I finally got a taste of what gaming headphones are. Well, I know what I'm buying next. These bass sounds were insane!
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        I've been using headphones for some time too, but I used just regular ones. However, yesterday I got to experience gaming headphones for the first time ever... The sound was just amazing compared to even regular headphones.
        Sep 3, 2018
        The Stranger likes this.
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        What was the brand?
        Sep 3, 2018
      5. Poryg
        Poryg
        Ctech brand gaming headphones. I gave them to my parents (to make up for those I'd destroyed), since I got them as a gift from Alza for buying a keyboard. However, I wanted to test if my sound works, so I borrowed them yesterday.
        Sep 3, 2018
  • About

Birthday:
    Jul 22, 1996 (Age: 22)
    Lazy pi.... person
    First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Interests:
    Chess

Signature

Instead of searching for a new grass, I will recolor it in Gimp from now on.
    Hue: 108, Saturation: 77, light: -38
    Big plugins
    Save core
    Need a plugin for visuals? You think so?
    Basic DIY tutorials:
    PIXI.Text - visuals
    PIXI.Text - use in practice
    PIXI.Graphics, masking
    PIXI.Sprites, textures, filters

More are coming soon!
    Poryg's DIY series now support text based tutorials too! It's still a WIP though :D