Nov 17, 2018 at 2:01 PM
Birthday:
Jul 22, 1996 (Age: 22)
Lazy pi.... person

Share This Page

Poryg

Pixie of the Emvee kingdom, Male, 22, from Czech Republic

Veteran

On one hand this is funny. On the other hand it's rather disturbing. x5bcoPWq6lE Nov 17, 2018 at 1:17 PM

Poryg was last seen:
Viewing thread Conditional branch "in inventory" custom script help, Nov 17, 2018 at 2:01 PM
    1. Poryg
      Poryg
      On one hand this is funny. On the other hand it's rather disturbing.
      1. Finnuval likes this.
      2. Finnuval
        Finnuval
        some people are sad... just sad
        Nov 17, 2018 at 1:22 PM
    2. Poryg
      Poryg
      I used to think using pixi would be a piece of cake.
      1. Poryg
        Poryg
        Well, not anymore. Thanks to encryption, which has forced me to rework the loading system, the asynchronous nature of javascript, which denies me of use of returns in relation to loading...
        Nov 16, 2018 at 5:23 AM
        MushroomCake28 likes this.
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        And the fact that not only I need to deal with texture creation, I also need to deal with texture destruction, since they don't get removed from GPU memory automatically. All these things I omitted in my first engine...
        Nov 16, 2018 at 5:28 AM
        Isabella Ava likes this.
    3. Poryg
      Poryg
      Buying Eset online security has proven to be a great investment. Its firewall has saved me from many annoying if not harmful popup ads.
      1. Philosophus Vagus likes this.
      2. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        But how's that ballistic vest working out?
        Nov 13, 2018 at 2:17 AM
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        haven't received it yet
        Nov 13, 2018 at 2:18 AM
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        Tomorrow I'll be getting a new phone as well, but I have confidence in Huawei brand. It has worked well for me. (my tablet's display's damage is too deep, I've already lost some colors around the area of the crack, so I am afraid of carrying it around at winter).
        Nov 13, 2018 at 2:23 AM
    4. Poryg
      Poryg
      The thing I miss the most in interpreted languages... C/C++ preprocessor macros! With them it'd be so much easier to create efficient code!
      1. Poryg
        Poryg
        As it stands, we have to solve different possibilities with ifs. Have too many of them and the code might get sluggish. How nice would it be to have different expansions of the code, for example
        ifdef imported.YEP_CoreEngine //insert compatibility patch here
        which would mean the patch would get into the function only when the core engine is present.
        Nov 12, 2018 at 5:57 AM
    5. Poryg
      Poryg
      So I spent the entire day off sleeping... There goes my will to work on my stuff on my day off :(
      1. Faye Valentine
        Faye Valentine
        Lmao same here. But it was necessary
        Nov 10, 2018
      2. punchybot
        punchybot
        Hey there it goes, along with my will to live.~~~
        Nov 10, 2018
    6. Poryg
      Poryg
      Previous night we received a report of a suspicious person moving around in one of the apartment houses... It was actually me on duty.
      1. Shaz, l8rose, The Stranger and 3 others like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Isabella Ava
        Isabella Ava
        Was it really you .. ( ⁰д⁰)
        Nov 9, 2018
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        Yes, it was me, the time matches exactly and the location as well. It would be rather weird if it hadn't been me as I'd have to be overlooking someone from point blank range.
        Nov 10, 2018
      5. mlogan
        mlogan
        I read an article about a tour group somewhere spending hours on a search party looking for a woman in their group who went missing. Many hours into the search a woman helping search finally realized they were searching for her - she had changed her clothes at a rest stop and no one realized it was her.
        Nov 10, 2018
    7. Poryg
      Poryg
      So, only one slot left for Huniepop 2 girls... And there's neither Tiff nor Audrey yet... I guess we won't have both this time, if any.
    8. Poryg
      Poryg
      WWII is such an important step in our history... Yet it's so difficult to study as facts have oftentimes been replaced with pure propaganda.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        For example I have seen how MEFO bills have worked Germany to its number 1 spot and why WWII was inevitable. It's something that's not written in history books at school. But surprisingly, the German's war crimes, the most significant thing... They are documented rather poorly.
        Nov 8, 2018
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        I have found sufficient proof to be convinced about the program about German population's "weak people" being stopped from reproducing. But concentration and extermination camps for example are not so evident, because they show a lot of holes in the official version.
        Nov 8, 2018
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        I know it's against the rules to discuss it in the open though, so if anyone wants to discuss it, feel free to send me a pm :}
        Nov 8, 2018
    9. Poryg
      Poryg
      So I finally received my login chip for work. But well, if I sleep this week as much as last one, I won't need it for long.
    10. Poryg
      Poryg
      Another $500 is gone ;_; Why are bulletproof vests so expensive :(
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        Many companies in Czech republic run on this principle. Even in KFC, where you have to deal with violent drug addicts on a daily basis, the only thing you will receive is a crappy monthly salary. But if something breaks out, stay out of it despite being called security. Oh and don't you dare to sleep, it's crap pay, but you'll get fined anyway.
        Nov 5, 2018
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        Also, the fact that I bought the vest for my money means it is mine. So I can wear it on the streets and carry it from job to job. Which is pretty much what I intended from the vest. Call me a paranoic due to Czech extremely low crime rate, but I will wear my vest even on streets.
        Nov 5, 2018
      4. samkfj
        samkfj
        Yeah out here too, when I was driving still--they said if I was ever for any reason threatened or attacked; if they wanted my truck, to let them have it. I was like no way... if they steal it and crash it, it could be lots of dead drivers... those trucks are solid--can break through concrete walls.
        Nov 6, 2018
    11. Poryg
      Poryg
      As I'm crunching through with the engine for parallax mappers, I start to understand why they did so many things like that. But still it...
      1. Poryg
        Poryg
        oftentimes makes me wonder why did they not do so many of them differently. If I'm able to do it and I'm alone, they should have as well.
        Nov 3, 2018
    12. Poryg
      Poryg
      Arrgh, memory leaks!
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        Fortunately the memory leak from the NW.js MV uses is not strong enough to endanger the game even after 30 minutes of gameplay, but if you play for, say, 5 hours, you might experience a game crash.
        Nov 3, 2018
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        Alright, I found the culprit... NWJS console! In other words chromium dev tools.
        Nov 3, 2018
      4. Aloe Guvner
        Aloe Guvner
        Nov 4, 2018
    13. Poryg
      Poryg
      Germany's Enigma had one weakness. A letter could never become itself upon encryption. Without it it'd be an unbreakable cipher. Hmm, let's
      2. Blackyu
        Blackyu
        Oh wow. Let's rent a cheap scripted server and create a mysterious network that does creepy things and sends cryptic messages.
        We'd be Cicada 3301 levels of mysterious but our secret would be that we're actually just normal people.
        ...Or are we ?
        Nov 3, 2018
        Poryg likes this.
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        It is completely enough to get free server hosting or something and advertise it :D
        Nov 3, 2018
      4. Blackyu
        Blackyu
        As long as I get to post cryptic images and videos accompanied by some hardly decipherable messages, then I'm okay with that ! =D
        Nov 3, 2018
    14. Poryg
      Poryg
      I just love it how almost everytime I need to pay online, I have to save my credit card... But then can't pay with the card, because it...
      1. Hollow 1977 likes this.
      3. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        So in essence the bank is keeping you from spending your own money.
        Nov 2, 2018
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        The bank doesn't, I used to be able to pay on google playstore when I had an option to require password for payments. Now despite me not setting that up, I can't, because the store automatically asks the saved card. The defence mechanism is there to prevent stolen cards from getting sucked out dry.
        Nov 3, 2018
      5. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        Have you contacted customer service? I would hope there would be a way to resolve this? Hopefully you have a alternate method to use.
        Nov 13, 2018 at 8:18 AM
    15. Poryg
      Poryg
      Four consecutive 12h night shifts... How am I goi g to survive them...
      1. HexMozart88
        HexMozart88
        Become nocturnal?
        Oct 31, 2018
      2. Kaeki
        Kaeki
        Do you have coffee equipped? If not grab a few, but not too many you get jittery! Drinking cold water should also snap you awake a bit. Good luck...
        Oct 31, 2018
      3. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        I think you've figured out the way...
        Nov 1, 2018
    16. Poryg
      Poryg
      It's always funny when people say "I don't understand programming" yet make games in RPG maker. RPG maker (well, any decent game making soft
      1. Matseb2611 and samkfj like this.
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        I know what "No programming knowledge needed" means perfectly well. But I guess you're still overlooking the fact that I did not talk about knowledge... Not a single time until you begun to mention it. There's a difference between the meanings of words "knowledge" and "understanding".
        Oct 29, 2018
      4. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        You got point... but, I only looked at the word 'neither' which I assume that you werent trying to be funny, neither know what it means.
        Oct 29, 2018
      5. Poryg
        Poryg
        Sorry, I misread the sentence :D (I thought you said something like "Do you not understand the meaning of...")
        Oct 29, 2018
    17. Poryg
      Poryg
      My hair has started receding :( I'm too young for that! ;_;
      1. samkfj and TakeHomeTheCup like this.
      2. slimmmeiske2
        slimmmeiske2
        If it helps soften the blow, I had my first grey hair when I was 16.
        Oct 28, 2018
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        I had grey hsir even sooner, it lacks nutrients. Black hair is not that uncommon, especially nowadays. But receding hair cam potentially end up being bald.
        Oct 28, 2018
      4. samkfj
        samkfj
        It's a sign of wisdom. Own it!
        Oct 29, 2018
    18. Poryg
      Poryg
      Too tired to continue in my commissions at reasonable speed, so continuing with my engine. Goes slow as hell, but finally managed to...
      1. Marsigne likes this.
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        I didn't do anything out of the ordinary, I just studied how MV's default engine decrypts the encrypted assets after it loads them and then transformed the code into spmething somewhat simpler.
        Oct 27, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        The code of how MV decrypts assets and how my engine will decrypt assets will be pretty similar, because there's not too much room for differences. However, my code will be a bit simpler and will drop one error check I found kind of useless to check.
        Oct 27, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
      5. Kupotepo
        Kupotepo
        @Poryg, thank you for the lengthy explanation. I got it. You try to create your owed plugin.
        Oct 27, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
    19. Poryg
      Poryg
      Why does Microsoft skype consume 116 MB of my RAM when it's not even launched?
      1. Marsigne likes this.
      2. cabfe
        cabfe
        Less than 20 here... Not launched as well.
        Oct 27, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
    20. Poryg
      Poryg
      Async loading can really make resource handling complicated... Especially with MV's encryption involved. GAH! Why can't the XHR return!
      1. Marsigne and Artificer like this.
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        It wouldn't be a big deal if we were dealing with just images and music in raw formats. But many dlc require encryption, so I need to create an asynchronous loader that will load, decrypt and then somehow assign it to a particular variable.
        Oct 26, 2018
        Marsigne and Kupotepo like this.
      4. Kupotepo
        Kupotepo
        Thank you for explaining me, even though you do not have; you are polite enough to explain it for me.
        Oct 27, 2018
      5. Poryg
        Poryg
        Welcome. It's for an engine for MV I'm making, so I need to make sure all features I add in are justified and explained well :)
        Oct 27, 2018
  • About

Birthday:
    Jul 22, 1996 (Age: 22)
    Lazy pi.... person
    First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Interests:
    Chess

Signature

Instead of searching for a new grass, I will recolor it in Gimp from now on.
    Hue: 108, Saturation: 77, light: -38
    Big plugins
    Save core
    Need a plugin for visuals? You think so?
    Basic DIY tutorials:
    PIXI.Text - visuals
    PIXI.Text - use in practice
    PIXI.Graphics, masking
    PIXI.Sprites, textures, filters

More are coming soon!
    Poryg's DIY series now support text based tutorials too! It's still a WIP though :D