Poryg
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Just wasted 4 hours trying to find an issue in my code. Turns out I forgot "if __cplusplus extern "C" {}"... Sometimes I feel so dumb.
    Riazey
    Riazey
    As a js noob it's nice to see even the great have these moments. LMAO :kaoblush:
    Stapleton
    Stapleton
    Happens to me all the time.
    Fun fact. Czech language has more than 50 (possibly even 60) expressions for "drunk".
    Reactions: MushroomCake28
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    Hello, how are you? long time no see.
    The Czechs drink more beer per capita than anyone else in the world, consuming on average 43 gallons (160 liters) per person, per year. I don't know it is true, but you know what is going there.

In Czech Republic, Around 90% of the adult population have completed at least secondary education.
    MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    You guys were probably drunk when you came up with 90% of those expressions.
    Reactions: Poryg
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Had a rough day, but otherwise quite fine... What about you?
    @MushroomCake28 I cannot say you're wrong. :D Many of them are related to various professions to demonstrate that everyone here drinks.
    Fiddler on the roof. Three hours of procrastination, of which I don't regret a single minute. I am seriously impressed.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    I'm a master in procrastination. There were even times when I procrastinated from my procrastinating. In fact even in this case I wanted to play a game. Instead I opened deezer, browsed through my favorite songs and saw Matchmaker in my favorites, looked it up on youtube, looked up the movie... And procrastinated from gaming by watching a 3h long movie.
    MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    Now that takes some skills. You should be proud!
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Well, I have nothing to be proud about. Oftentimes I end up regretting my procrastination either way. This is one of the few occasions where I'd call it well wasted time, because the movie was amazing.
    Good news, the corona virus mortality rate is finally on the decline.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    On two graphs? I watch that site periodically since March. And gotta say, after seeing it rise so quickly to 20% and then slowly to 21%, where it stayed for two weeks, I'm rather happy to see a drop to 19%.
    ozubon
    ozubon
    That's a single graph to be frank, the recovery to death cases is presented as a single relationship. Furthermore a sum of many countries rates which respectively vary greatly for the time being. Dynamical systems can rise incrementally so drops need to become continuous before it's fair to say there's a change in direction. Not that worldometer can't be a useful approximation but it's just not conclusive data.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Yeah, that's true. Hopefully the trend is going to continue. Although I'm kind of skeptical too, given the influx of people on the streets.
    If even mild depressions are enough to knock me out for a day, I don't want to see what a crippling depression looks like...
    Johnny_Ray
    Johnny_Ray
    Sigh...and when you realize that is coming to bite at you often and more often...
    Poryg
    Poryg
    I definitely hope not. I'm not ready to seek psychiatric help.
    Eliaquim
    Eliaquim
    yeah... I know this feeling. Depression already took a lot of time from my life. :(
    Yesternight I had a dream about my school. To think I used to hate to go there, yet now it throws me into depression about good old times that will never come back...
    Mystic_Enigma
    Mystic_Enigma
    I promised myself that I would never attend a school for anything ever again. THAT'S How much school stunk for me...

I forwent college and never looked back, one of my smarter decisions, really. Despite what the "norm" says, it doesn't feel worth it! Besides's i'm needed too much where I am now to go off and endure even more academic agony for a job that'll probably take me nowhere!
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Mid-school was probably my golden era during my academic time. I wasn't worried about the academic grade at all, had a good time, had good friends, and at some degree affected my opinion and view on something up till now (in a good way). Also was the time I did my hobby without worrying about a lot of things. I had dreamed that several times already.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    I never dreamt anything past and before those times. I spent my life elsewhere. I don't even "remember" I was in school. Nothing to dream.
    With restrictions getting looser, spring heat and the amount of people in public increasing I hunted down a half mask. However, with current lack of ffp3 masks and p3 filters though I wonder if I even get to use it.
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    Are you going for an Easter mask hunt? I hope you find one.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Nope. I hunted a mask against corona virus.
    Black Pagan
    Black Pagan
    I suspect this whole situation is not going to get better anytime sooner. I mean, It might feel like its back to normal but then again, Some Doctors have estimated that there might be several phases of the Virus disappearing and coming back and this would go on till 2022.

So I would hold on to those masks. You never know.. in these uncertain times.
    The biggest lesson I've got from the quarantine? How important are women even for a lonewolf like me. As much as I'm usually annoyed by chain posts on Facebook, this time they caused an influx of various photos, usually feminine. May not look like much, but turns out it's actually a great morale booster.
    Dalph
    Dalph
    This hint comes from someone that had a few women in the past and that is now currently married, so treasure it and don't take it as an insult. Ok?
    First of all, if u wanna get a woman then you should stop being a creep, women don't like men like that. They just don't.

Just my 2 cents.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Seek validation from within, for if you seek it from without you will always been seeking. - "Fortune Cookie-san"
    I've never really understood the need of RGB LEDs on keyboards and mice. But hey, someone likes it I guess. But RGB LEDs on gaming headphones? Why? It's not like you can see your headphones.
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    @Kes, I think it has to do with light sensitivity. So people can sleep with the light on, but some cannot. I can not with the light and event little blighting light. I like educational, despit people do not ask for.:rswt
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Design aesthetics are all over the place, including LEDs. I probably wouldn't mind them as long as
    1. It doesn't increase the price
    2. It isn't distracting
    3. It also has quality, not just looks cool (I once had a headphone that looked cool but the sound quality was terrible)

LEDs in mice are distracting and I ban this kind of mice.
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    @Kes Main reason for that is that I like to keep all my programs open and get right back to work the next day as soon as the computer wakes from Sleep, rather than sit through the PC boot sequence and booting each program (which does take a while, maybe because I'm working with a 2009 core). I don't have the patience to sit there for 20 minutes.
    I've developed a habit of thanking cleaning ladies for their work.
    gstv87
    gstv87
    some would argue the wage is the actual retribution.
    Willibab
    Willibab
    Is that strange? I tend to thank everyone that is helping me in anyway, even if im paying them for it xD Maybe thats just because im so egotistical and lazy that i wouldnt do it even if payed myself >:p
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Sometimes I wonder if we're ever going to be able to call Blizzard by its name, or if it's fully fledged Activision forever.
    Reactions: Dalph
    Dalph
    Dalph
    Good old mama Bliz is dead and long gone sadly, Reforged was a real disaster and (as an old fan) words cannot express how much I'm still disappointed.
    Dalph
    Dalph
    I am sure they will keep failing royally, new WoW expansions are getting worse and worse after WOTLK (the peak of WoW) and Overwatch 2 looks more like a DLC.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Well, considering that the hearts of Blizzard have left the company one by one and are replaced by total newbs, guess it's an expected result.
    If I survive the pandemic without 2nd degree obesity, I'll celebrate. The stress I have to deal with at work is so insane my candy consumption has increased by 400% just to help me survive the day sometimes.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    @Riazey you can actually sustain yourself for an astoundingly long period of time without food believe it or not. Water, you've got maybe 3 days, food, technically depending on who you are you could go multiple weeks on little more than water, some more orthodox religions for instance still practice multi-day fasting for specific yearly rituals.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    @Poryg Huh, I do that too then. I generally eat sometime around noon and then again around 19:00, so that'd be like 9/15. Didn't realize that was considered a fast, how many meals do regular people eat in a day?
    NinjaKittyProductions
    NinjaKittyProductions
    @Philosophus Vagus 16/8 is almost as Porgy said. It is 8 hours of eating and 16 hours of fasting. During those 8 hours though, you are only allowed to eat no more than 2000 calories.
    6.5 million beers are in need for rescue. I don't drink beer too much, but my Czech heart is sinking. It's just a pity that they priced it so high. At this price nobody is interested.
    • Wow
    Reactions: JojoLaVache
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Why not make it a promotional giveaway? That's what local specialty micro-brews in my area did, I literally drove up to the premises and got a case put in my trunk. That's the kinda thing that can change a man's preferred brand once this nonsense is over, as well as a way to get rid of stock that would otherwise be a waste. Lemons into lemonade and all that.
    gstv87
    gstv87
    so, it's a Corona "Beer-us" situation?
    Poryg
    Poryg
    @gstv87 You can say.
    @Philosophus Vagus It still has a couple of weeks before it goes bad, so they're trying to sell everything for full price for as long as they can before it goes bad.
    Microsoft tools are a blessing and a curse. They're great, but also insanely restrictive :/
    Windows i7
    Windows i7
    Depends on the tool. I would definitely not call Microsoft Visual Studio insanely restrictive.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Well, not insanely, although still. I finally managed to make raylib work in msvc. Since raylib is a C program, compiling it in msvc was out of the question. I had to compile it using cmake. But later I found that microsoft's c compiler doesn't allow for dynamic arrays.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    I'm going to have to use malloc, which isn't that much of a hindrance, but I prefer to keep things on the stack as much as possible. In fact for an earlier version of raylib I even made a multithreaded file handler that apart from loading files operated solely on stack.
    Apparently it's not just people who are hit by corona virus. My phone has set itself to English language on its own. Not that I'm complaining... :D
    Ndemic productions working on a game mode that makes you save the world instead of killing it.
    I guess the difficulties will be reversed too? On mega brutal sick people will be given hugs?
    Windows i7
    Windows i7
    They should add a coronavirus level.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    @Windows i7 Ndemic productions is making a corona virus level in plague.inc. However, instead of being the disease, you will try to save the world. They also donated 250k USD for corona virus research.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    @The Stranger Yeah, there is. I have this game on PC too. But this will be a plague.inc level.
    It's nice to see all those people say how they now have plethora of time thanks to corona virus... I definitely can't say I belong to that group tho. Our workplace always needs to function, so I'm not going to find peace at least until April.
    According to economists our country has less than two weeks before our economy collapses. The worst thing is, I don't find any evidence to doubt that. I guess we are screwed, aren't we?
    • Sad
    Reactions: ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Oh, my roommate is a security guard. Small world. Actually I suspect your job is going to become more necessary in the coming months. A lot of places around the world are pulling back police support. Some places are even releasing criminals (which sounds like a terrible mix). But hey, job security right? :LZSwink:
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Well, we always have problems with criminals roaming free due to overflowing prisons.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    On the bright side, if they let them all out, nobody has to worry about them overflowing. Genius when you don't think about it. :LZSwink:
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Profile Posts

A mousefolk sprite I made, I think I did good.
Discovering math. functions for damage formulas was one of the greatest things for me.
It's very useful for balancing skills to work in a variety of possible circumstances.
For example if you have a skill that is supposed to work for both mages and warriors:
Code:
Math.max(a.atk * 2 - b.def, a.mat * 2 - b.mdf)
SpaceX: First-ever successful (manned) commercial spaceflight!! In these terrible and self-sabotaging times for the world, that's a ray of excitement and hope I needed badly.
GameDevJohn wrote on whtdragon's profile.
Hey I used you bunny and cat spritesheet for a game jam game. Thanks so much! You have really beautiful stuff here. I'll credit you at https://gamedevjohn.itch.io/bunny-boy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abhikhurana