Poryg
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Rewatched Spy kids franchise after 14 years. Naturally, nowadays I can see how messy the movies are... But it felt good to be a child again.
    My package is bring held by the custom office. If all goes well, I might get it next week. But I can already understand why there is a No weapons policy in there.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Welp, lesson learned. Friday norning is a pretty good time to get a package. :D
    Reactions: Shaz
    Russian high school girls, singing Katyusha in a tank. Anime fulfills every wish you didn't know you had.
    Almost 90 minutes of hiccups. This must be a world record.
    VideoWizard
    VideoWizard
    Not even close, someone once hiccuped for 68 YEARS. That's pretty shocking, hiccuping from the Roaring '20s (1922) through the Dirty '30s, through WWII and the start of television, through the Nifty '50s into the '60s, throughout the Vietnam War, through the '70s and its disco era, through the '80s and the rise of PCs, and finally to February of 1990.
    Reactions: Poryg
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Alright, I'm going to have to get better. :D
    For scrolling of large maps... Minimap, or very small zoom?
    Poryg
    Poryg
    I've asked across multiple places - here and a couple of discord servers, some of which were related to game design too. Turns out it was actually 50/50.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Granted, I'm not making an RPG, but a turn based strategy game, so the extra small zoom has its justification.
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    Ok, I will bother you in the discord. Now hahaha.
    Hi, I am following your videos tutorials serie about coding on MV and I am at the third video. Thank you for making it but's a bit hard to follow since you don't show the whole plugin at the end. I had to screenshot the lines between 110-159 because you scrolled so fast on them.
    :rtear:
    I'm not sure if I should be happy for MZ, or sad for MV.
    fluffymonster
    fluffymonster
    @DoubleX It wouldn't be fair to the Ace owners, etc. who paid full price for the next installment.
    cabfe
    cabfe
    It's just another version. Everyone has their favorite anyway.
    Windows i7
    Windows i7
    If MZ's editor runs better than MV's that'll be good enough for me honestly. I had SO many UI issues in MV. They (mostly) fixed it, but not completely. I really do hope MZ runs more like VX Ace did for me.
    std::vector, std::map and std::string. Three reasons why I'd take C++ over C. :D
    Reactions: ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    I know basically nothing about C++ (or C for that matter). But it's probably better that I don't else I'd be tempted to crack open Unity. :kaoswt: Still cool that you're willing to learn more than one language unlike some lazy people who will remain unnamed. :LZSwink:
    Hudell
    Hudell
    you really like STDs, huh.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Well, Javascript and C++ hold a lot of similarities, so it's easier. :D
    My game underwent massive optimization. From 169MB RAM I decreased the memory consumption to 133MB RAM despite added content.
    Lesson learned. If you're programming C++ on windows, using gcc is pointless - lots of good features are unsupported due to bugs.
    Reactions: Kupotepo
    ??????
    ??????
    I always feel like it'd be much easier to do a tutorial if I had an actual person who cared to explain it to as I'm going over it. I honestly feel so freakin dumb sitting there talking myself through what I'm doing.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    I wouldn't worry about that. I've worked for charity, I've handed down leaflets and I've worked in a call center. The same as here. Once you get into it, the idiotic feeling disappears. And eventually it feels actually pretty natural.
    ??????
    ??????
    I've worked in many call centers too. Had to listen to recordings myself once a week to 'improve' too, we all did. it was lame af! But at least with that your still speaking to another person. Talking to myself just makes me feel like im insane :D
    This week we got last week's leaks plus some RTP music. Three weeks and I'm still not wowed.
    So I finally tried the new Master of Orion. Gotta day, when I read a review that said it was just a worse clone of civ5, I did not expect it to be that precise.
    So Summer has finally decided to pay us a visit. This time not during April, but during June. I can't say I missed it too much.
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    @Poryg, why? Busy making games or tutorials. I am not going to guess why people are a mystery to me.
    Dalph
    Dalph
    Gym is overrated anyway, unless you have serious weight/posture problems I never understood what is the point of going there.

I'm 6'2 and 176lbs, people think I attend gyms for years, and I never entered into one, not even once.
    Just eat healthy, be active and exercise, that's more than enough to be fit naturally.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Busy making games and being lazy. :D
    8 gigs of RAM and 64bit system. Well, looks like game making is not for the lower classes anymore.
    • Sad
    Reactions: Eliaquim and Ami
    Eliaquim
    Eliaquim
    Yeah, I saw that! Mine has 16 GB ram. I hope it runs ok(if I buy it)
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    64 bit is needed for the 8 gb too, remember 32 bit had the 4 gb limit as the maximum value you can store in 32 bit is around 4 gb.
    Reactions: Ami
    Ami
    Ami
    my laptop aren't good enough but can run the MV. hope the minimum are same like MV
    I think I finally understand how is it possible that your grandpa changes your phone's language to Chinese.
    I played with git for the first time trying to back up my game. Ended up deleting it instead.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Luckily git is idiotproof, so I could restore the project before all was lost.
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    That is a big benefit of the backup system. You can accidentally delete data and you can restore back again.
    Programming my game in C++ has taught me a couple of things.
    1. C++ is not nearly as scary as it looks. With a good engine I can't even call it exactly difficult either.
    2. Programming for Windows vs. programming for Linux, it's an easy win for Linux.
    Just wasted 4 hours trying to find an issue in my code. Turns out I forgot "if __cplusplus extern "C" {}"... Sometimes I feel so dumb.
    Riazey
    Riazey
    As a js noob it's nice to see even the great have these moments. LMAO :kaoblush:
    Stapleton
    Stapleton
    Happens to me all the time.
    Fun fact. Czech language has more than 50 (possibly even 60) expressions for "drunk".
    Reactions: MushroomCake28
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    Hello, how are you? long time no see.
    The Czechs drink more beer per capita than anyone else in the world, consuming on average 43 gallons (160 liters) per person, per year. I don't know it is true, but you know what is going there.

In Czech Republic, Around 90% of the adult population have completed at least secondary education.
    MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    You guys were probably drunk when you came up with 90% of those expressions.
    Reactions: Poryg
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Had a rough day, but otherwise quite fine... What about you?
    @MushroomCake28 I cannot say you're wrong. :D Many of them are related to various professions to demonstrate that everyone here drinks.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My app store submission for Knight Bewitched 2 got rejected - I forgot that Google's not as fond of scantily clad girls as Steam is. I'll have to replace my cover art...
I have just restored the Pelican Town Community Center in Stardew Valley. Somehow I feel like I've completed a rite of passage as a gamer.
Just a heads-up that Slip into Ruby and Jump into Javascript might be a bit slow for now while I'm on the team porting the YEP plugins to VisuStella's MZ suite.
So I managed to build a teleport skill. You can see the progression in the development topic
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/in-dev-multi-hit-target-selection.125049/

Here's how it looks:

But the real question is, can I pull off FF8?

I love these little slime battlers. Really wish I could find more animated ones :'(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnyseBaggins