Poryg
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Human brain will never cease to amaze me. I fall asleep while watching sth and the brain takes the audio in realtime and creates a 100% coherent dream even when it doesn't know what's about to come.
    A coworker woke me up at night, telling me he couldn't restart the elevator. So after two of his long talks about what happened, I shut him up when he began to describe what he sees and told him to keep it off.
    In his talking he failed to mention that the reason why he's calling me at night is because people are trapped in the elevator.
    Dude...
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    If you aren't used to adrenaline it can be a hell of a drug, even if it's just a sympathetic spurt out of concern for others and not a full on overpowering fight of flight dose.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    We're talking about someone who goes through regular training to handle exactly these kinds of situations. We need to know how to extract people asap and we need to know how to communicate clearly & conscisely to prevent people trapped inside from panicking.
    QuexpRPG
    QuexpRPG
    That "little detail" would definitely have helped.
    Sometimes I wonder why people bother to give me -rep comments on steam for cheating in games' leaderboards. 1. the -rep does literally nothing and 2. I keep the fact that I'm a cheater in my bio.
    • Sad
    Reactions: ATT_Turan
    Iron_Brew
    Iron_Brew
    Either way, I'm not trying to put the boot in or beat on you with this stuff, just to try and explain why people are annoyed with you and are taking these actions against you.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    @Arthran Simple and precisely to the point. Thank you!
    @Iron_Brew Look. If you want to continue in this discussion, we can do it in DMs. I am in a position where even if I wanted, I cannot explain anything from my side without this thread turning into a drama.
    Iron_Brew
    Iron_Brew
    I don't necessarily agree that the thread will turn into drama, but if you feel uncomfortable continuing the discussion fair enough.
    I wonder how does one survive days like these without a broken fist. In 48 hours I've lost a respected person, had a totally crap day at work... which on top of that ended in a traffic accident, and left for work while leaving my apartment open and keys in the door from inside.
    Mushi
    Mushi
    Easy, I don't punch stuff I just cry into my pillow... But seriously that sounds like a terrible two days, I'm sorry. :kaocry:
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Well, crying's out of the equation for me. I haven't cried since I was 15.
    cthulhusquid
    cthulhusquid
    Well that absolutely sucks... I suggest punching a pillow or your bed.
    Well, I'm not eating well, but I'm eating better. The sad thing is, I couldn't do it on my own. Had to receive aid from tetracyclic antidepressants -_-
    Poryg
    Poryg
    In my country THC based weed is illegal and CBD based weed is expensive as hell. So that's not a viable option.
    Dungeonmind
    Dungeonmind
    Awe, I hope you feel better soon. I am on two anti depressants myself, Prozac and Wellbutrin.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    In my case it's mirtazapine. It works quite well, however the fact that I'm constantly worn out is not a nice trade-off with night shifts.
    I've decided. I'm going to delve in new enterprise. Backdrops & panorama pictures. I only hope people won't mind it's AI generated :<3HuxvQc8k6stAqqsFXFd--6--bap3c.jpg
    Iron_Brew
    Iron_Brew
    The copyright issue with AI is much more insidious and inbuilt than that. If an AI is in fact photobashing and the photographs it uses are not properly attributed you could be committing a crime by monetising them without ever intending to.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Well, you've basically answered your own question I guess.
    Because whether you're willing to take the risk, or not, that is a question as well.
    Iron_Brew
    Iron_Brew
    My point is:

If you are selling AI art without knowing where the constituent photos used in its creation are for, even if you claim it's 'just reference' you are on pretty sketchy ground legally. Not saying you shouldn't do it, but I'd talk to a solicitor before entering into a commercial space for this stuff
    I wonder if I should open an asset store selling panoramas & background images.Zjg8lgp9RWymbWZADdVG--4--29r8h.jpg
    123edc
    looks good and you could try it ...

the only problem i see with galaxy-type pictures is, that there already frequently are bundles on fanatical with hundreds of realy good 4k ones for literally a penny ;)
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Thanks for the warning. However, this is exactly why I posted a galaxy pic. They're dirt cheap, so motivation to steal it is lower. ;)
    Recently I've begun taking antidepressants. Since then I wanted to die more than ever. The constant nauseas are driving me crazy.
    Animebryan
    Animebryan
    Never trust anti-depressants. Take anti-anxiety meds instead. I myself take Sertraline (generic Zoloft). My mental health got a lot better afterwards (like anti-depressants, they take a week or two to fully kick in).
    Avery
    Avery
    Hang through and keep close contact with your doctor to check when you have to adjust them. Also, don't trust medical advice from strangers on the internet ;3
    Poryg
    Poryg
    @Animebryan Even anxiolytics are in the group of antidepressants. In particular most anxiolytics are either benzos, or tricyclics.
    So far my most efficient creation. I've reduced days of gameplay into less than two minutes.
    Give a man a fish, you'll feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you've got competition.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Then you teach him wrong. Why not make him fish for you?
    Bex
    Bex
    Ron Swanson Quote: Give a man a fish and you feed him for a Day.
    Dont teach a man to fish and you feed yourself.
    He is a grown man, fishing is not that hard.

Not to be taken to seriously :kaothx:.
    I'm getting better at sleeptyping. Yesterday I typed something that didn't make sense at all contextually, but was a valid without any grammar errors (and almost no spelling ones).
    • Haha
    Reactions: ATT_Turan
    ATT_Turan
    ATT_Turan
    So your sleep sentence was better than your status one? :wink:
    Reactions: Kes
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Well, after three night shifts my asleep skills and my awake skills are approximately on the same level. :p
    Today's gonna be a weird day. Someone just let me through... while I was waiting for a green light.
    After I developed a cheat that could potentially taint multiplayer gaming in Dominions, I got in touch with Illwinter game design asking them if they're going to improve their cheat protection.
    People are stupid.
    "Hello, our electricity has stopped working."
    "Yeah, it just stopped for the entire area a couple mins ago."
    "And why?"
    "I don't know, need to investigate."
    "And how long's it gonna last?"
    Dude... Seriously?
    Had them for a while, yesterday I decided to try a half of one. And that's how I learned I might be slightly allergic to capsaicine. Thanks, Trinidad Moruga.
    The prices in my city are rising so high that even with my relatively decent salary meat is almost becoming a luxury commodity.
    cthulhusquid
    cthulhusquid
    I hardly even eat meat anymore with meals, I just eat jerky with lunch at work.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Yeah, same. I eat mostly curds and beans as my protein source nowadays. 60czk/kg and 180czk/kg is a huge difference.
    Dominions games offer a cheating protection. This cheating protection does a good job at preventing you from making a strong god. But other than that it prevents no other cheats. What's the point of it then?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

working on an A/V sync system for my game! was NOT expecting the first roadblock to be accessing a variable from a public class!! Computers are so finicky sometimes :kaosigh:
For the first real time since my game's inception I found myself actually having fun playing around with my party's skills while testing out some battles! So much so, that I actually forgot what I was doing for a minute and had to force myself to move on to the next thing! :guffaw:

That's got to be a good sign considering it only has place holder animations, enemy skills, troop comps, etc. right now. Feels good!
Bex
Finally upgraded to RMMZ.
ScreenShot_11_28_2022_7_52_34.png
FINALLY, I figured out how to get the "tail" to appear IN the window and not directly below it lol. now it looks like it's part of the window and not hanging from the bottom of it.
Twitch! Stream is about to go live with some Dark Souls 2! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hahah520