Jul 22, 2019 at 11:50 PM
Birthday:
Jul 22, 1996 (Age: 23)
Lazy pi.... person

Share This Page

Poryg

Pixie of the Emvee kingdom, Ham of a Hamster, Male, 23, from Czech Republic

Veteran

Alright, as unlikely as it seemed like at first, I made two more tutorial videos today. Do not let available plugins limit your menu's look! Jul 22, 2019 at 2:39 AM

Poryg was last seen:
Viewing forum list, Jul 22, 2019 at 11:50 PM
    1. Poryg
      Poryg
      So I have decided to get a password manager after my 24 letters long password was cracked in less than a week on eBay. Like WUT?
      1. View previous comments...
      2. samkfj
        samkfj
        Makes me wonder though--how could it have been broken so easily then? Maybe it was a keylogger, or maybe someone has their eye on you. Time to stab some fools, bro.
        Jan 12, 2019
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        If I had a keylogger on me, then my PayPal, my bank account... And other servers would have already been attacked. So I don't think it would be a keylogger.
        Jan 12, 2019
      4. samkfj
        samkfj
        Hmm--it makes no sense. I mean--to brute force a password like that--it should take longer than a week to crack. Very strange.
        Jan 12, 2019
        mlogan likes this.
    2. Poryg
      Poryg
      In past we used to have to do some work if we wanted to verify if information was true. Now we often don't have to, yet many won't bother.
      2. mobiusclimber
        mobiusclimber
        People like to say they're entitled to their opinion, but how can you have an opinion on something if you don't have the facts?
        Jan 12, 2019
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        Prejudice/jumping to conclusions. It's a mental shortcut human brain creates, because it's incapable of processing large amounts of information.
        Jan 12, 2019
      4. Vance Raehart
        Vance Raehart
        It makes me angry how stupid we are as a species collectively. I Would say its not that we know the facts, but we just don't want to hear it. it contradicts what we believe to begin with and us humans don't like that.
        Jan 12, 2019
    3. Poryg
      Poryg
      TFW there's so much stuff you want to say in profile posts... But have to wait until you can post another status without breaking the rules.
      2. samkfj
        samkfj
        Bro if ya ever need to vent or chat, just shoot me a msg. Goes for anyone.
        Jan 11, 2019
      3. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        You need twitter :p
        Jan 11, 2019
        Finnuval, samkfj and MushroomCake28 like this.
      4. MushroomCake28
        MushroomCake28
        @TheoAllen I see that you are guiding others toward your way lol.
        Jan 11, 2019
        samkfj likes this.
    4. Poryg
      Poryg
      I have finally learned what I'd been trying to learn for a while... How to save snapshots in an MV game.
      2. MushroomCake28
        MushroomCake28
        and how do you do that? I also asked myself that same question once.
        Jan 10, 2019
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        I've made a plugin that does it, because somebody requested such a plugin. It's in my small plugins on github, link's in my signature. Nevertheless, I'll explain it in greater detail in a PM, bcos comments can't cover it really well.
        Jan 10, 2019
        MushroomCake28 likes this.
      4. MushroomCake28
        MushroomCake28
        Alright!
        Jan 10, 2019
    5. Poryg
      Poryg
      After spending so much time with that cursing bug I finally managed to find it. Luckily it wasn't a silly bug this time, but a real problem.
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        @VeryXInh actually, if it's a silly bug, then spending a long time figuring out feels embarassing. When the bug comes from a real problem, it's rewarding.
        Jan 10, 2019
      3. VeryXInh
        VeryXInh
        so was it a bug come from the engine you're developing?
        Jan 10, 2019
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        No, that was a commission. For some reason I couldn't draw any contents on Window_Selectable prototypes from certain width onwards. In the end I found the culprit. Unlike other windows, Window_Selectable prototypes don't automatically resize contents bitmap.
        Jan 10, 2019
        VeryXInh likes this.
    6. Poryg
      Poryg
      My brain is overheating. Chess is really hard sometimes...
      1. Finnuval and samkfj like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        It's kind of essential. Hormones do tons of stuff, things people don't even associate with them. If I were you I wouldn't put off seeking help, especially since there's a fairly straightforward fix.
        Jan 8, 2019
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        I'm not entirely sure if I honestly want that to be honest. These betablockers and past experiences have raised a red flag. Not to mention, testosterone pills aren't the cheapest...
        Jan 8, 2019
      5. Sharm
        Sharm
        I get it. No matter what, I wish you well and happy. I hope taking yourself away from the stress is enough.
        Jan 8, 2019
    7. Poryg
      Poryg
      Alright, don't come near me for at least two hours. I'm a fire-breathing dragon currently.
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        For example due to computerization of many things we can now even wage a cyber warfare, taking down entire power plants, hospitals and even military targets. Pentagon, Russia and China employ hackers for both aggression and defence.
        Jan 7, 2019
      3. samkfj
        samkfj
        I remember seeing a documentary on that. It's really kinda scary how everything is tied by the internet.

Though I wouldn't want to know someone took out a hospital... that'd be horrible.
        Jan 7, 2019
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        Yes. That would be terrible.
        Nevertheless, back in 2010-2013 hacker and malware maker communities used to thrive on the internet. But now as the general interest for hacking is increasing (especially by script kiddos), they have been forced to move to underground. Nowadays most hacker communities are on darknet and are invite only or dead.
        Jan 7, 2019
        samkfj likes this.
    8. deadyfinger
      deadyfinger
      You are right bro :) RPG maker 95 was a first one what based on MS Windows.
      I just had a chance of seeking the RPG Dante 98.
    9. Poryg
      Poryg
      Over 600 owned games and 800 owned DLC... Well, when I first created my Steam account, I would never have had guessed it'd inflate so much.
      1. Finnuval likes this.
      2. samkfj
        samkfj
        I still remember--when Counter-Strike was the only game I had on steam for a long time.
        Jan 4, 2019
      3. NinjaKittyProductions
        NinjaKittyProductions
        I understand. I am currently sitting at 580... mostly indie games though. Only about 20% have been played >_<.
        Jan 4, 2019
      4. FleshToDust
        FleshToDust
        I've got MV and 3 wizardry games.
        Jan 5, 2019
    10. Poryg
      Poryg
      Finally have my knife! It's a beautiful piece of work ^_^
      1. samkfj and Amane Kagari like this.
      3. Poryg
      4. samkfj
        samkfj
        Nice!

Now you just need the epic flashlight to complete the trinity.
        Jan 5, 2019
        Poryg likes this.
      5. Poryg
        Poryg
        Unfortunately we don't have epic flashlights. I've only seen a flashlight-baton-taser hybrid, but I'm not sure about it. I'm not fond of damaging electronics like that.
        Jan 5, 2019
    11. Poryg
      Poryg
      I guess I'm weird. Yesterday I bought and played some Mirror's edge. What I like the most about it? The protagonist's breathing.
    12. Poryg
      Poryg
      Made some more MV memes.
      1. MushroomCake28
        MushroomCake28
        Where? I need a good laugh lol.
        Jan 3, 2019
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        General lounge -> RPG maker meme thread.
        Jan 3, 2019
        MushroomCake28 likes this.
    13. Poryg
      Poryg
      What a lovely New Year. Fireworks from 0 to 5 am, all shops closed... And with just 1 hour of sleep I'm supposed to be here for 12 hours :(
      1. peq42_ and Tonbi like this.
      3. Isabella Ava
        Isabella Ava
        = ) knew that you're alone, i will post this lovely picture here
        Jan 2, 2019
      4. Ryisunique
        Ryisunique
        As a creepie, that makes me laugh.

Yeah, long days with clear sleep suck.
        Jan 2, 2019
      5. Poryg
        Poryg
        Jan 2, 2019
    14. Poryg
      Poryg
      I guess I'm lucky I don't understand meanings of dreams. Because tonight's dream was so crazy I don't think I'd be able to find its meaning.
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        Well, we were all laughing at how awkward the situation was. Not to mention I did a good job hiding what was not supposed to be seen, so they had no chance to take a peek.
        Jan 1, 2019
      3. samkfj
        samkfj
        Well, now am curious what someone would interpret your dream as. Probably means nothing in the end, but yeah--herding cats.
        Jan 1, 2019
      4. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        I used to dream about doomsday when I was a teen/high-schooler. Now, I usually dream about me back at my teens and high-school life. If those means something.
        Jan 1, 2019
        samkfj likes this.
    15. Poryg
      Poryg
      Stuck with one goddarn bug for 8 hours straight. It still doesn't make a sense to me, because there's nothing wrong with my code!
      1. Marsigne and Kawers like this.
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        I tried it on my own, since it's a private commission, but will definitely ask. Thanks, @Kupotepo and @Shaz.
        Jan 1, 2019
        Marsigne likes this.
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        Well, in the end I solved it by using Window_HorzCommand prototype instead of Window_Selectable prototype. For some very weird reason it works as it should now.
        Jan 2, 2019
        Marsigne likes this.
      5. Poryg
        Poryg
        The problem was, for some reason Window_Selectable wouldn't draw more than 200px width. So since I wanted a custom number window with more than just 4 digits, I needed more space. Nevertheless, even if window width was the same as screen width, it wouldn't draw more than 200px width.
        Jan 2, 2019
        Marsigne likes this.
    16. Poryg
      Poryg
      My mother impresses me. How is she capable of stretching something that can be said in three sentences to a 10 min monologue? A mystery.
      2. peq42_
        peq42_
        And by 10 minutes I mean 2hours
        Dec 31, 2018
        Sauteed_Onion and The Stranger like this.
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        LOL! I'm guilty of this. xD I'm really bad at explaining things. I also lose my focus easily, so I end up rambling on about irrelevant things midway through a conversation.
        Dec 31, 2018
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        Well, she will always tell you what she wanted to in the end... Except she will also tell you additional things that are completely irrelevant, but somehow connected to the story.
        Dec 31, 2018
    17. Poryg
      Poryg
      That's crazy. If I load one image a thousand times and create one sprite from each, it's easy on GPU, but not so easy on GPU memory.
      1. peq42_ and Isabella Ava like this.
      3. AceOfAces_Mod
        AceOfAces_Mod
        Yeah. That may be due to how the GPU is designed. As far as I understand, if you load the image multiple times, you may spawn it as a unique copy of the image, consuming memory. But, depending on how you spawn it as a texture, you may have the GPU make a unique 3D polygon with a texture. That's a rough understanding though.
        Dec 30, 2018
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        @AceOfAces_Mod It's still crazy though. If I load one image 4000 times, I'm able to spawn 4000 PIXI sprites consuming only 700 MB of GPU memory and 40% GPU. Spawning 1600 sprites from just 16 images (so 100 per one) resulted in memory being OK, but GPU at 98% usage.
        Dec 31, 2018
      5. Poryg
        Poryg
        It's also very interesting that from some point onwards as I keep flooding RAM (not GPU memory, but RAM), when it gets around 700-800 MB usage from all that loading, the GPU usage suddenly goes up by 2-5%... Without even creating any PIXI sprites.
        Dec 31, 2018
    18. Poryg
      Poryg
      Headache whole day :( And hunger due to closed shops.
      1. Sauteed_Onion and MushroomCake28 like this.
      3. Kupotepo
        Kupotepo
        You are a receptionist. We can call you if we know your company phone. That would be funny.
        Dec 27, 2018
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        I'm not a receptionist. I'm a security guard. We just take care of the reception as well.
        Dec 27, 2018
        Kupotepo likes this.
      5. Kupotepo
        Kupotepo
        I am sorry I forget that you told along time that you are a security guard. My bad.
        Dec 27, 2018
    19. Poryg
      Poryg
      Here I am. Absolutely alone at work during a night shift. ;_;
      1. samkfj
        samkfj
        You're not alone. We're here wit'cha.

Well, in spirit at least.
        Dec 25, 2018
      2. Kupotepo
        Kupotepo
        Scary you watch a ghost movie at work.
        Dec 25, 2018
    20. Poryg
      Poryg
      I'll spend my Christmas at work. But not that I mind. What I hate though is that I'll have to come one hour sooner! dayum public transports!
      1. Finnuval likes this.
      2. Isabella Ava
        Isabella Ava
        Traffic in festival days are terrible
        Dec 24, 2018
        Finnuval likes this.
  • About

Birthday:
    Jul 22, 1996 (Age: 23)
    Lazy pi.... person
    First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Interests:
    Chess

Signature

Instead of searching for a new grass, I will recolor it in Gimp from now on.
    Hue: 108, Saturation: 77, light: -38
    Large plugins
    Save core

Small plugins can be found here
    List of small plugins:
    Event spawner
    Extra event pages (no dedicated thread for it, check Event spawner)
    Fixed leader (no dedicated thread for it, it should be self explanatory)
    Input blocker
    Input blocker KM (no dedicated thread for it, see Input blocker)
    Extended text manager
    Auto skip message
    Need a plugin for visuals? You think so?
    Basic DIY tutorials:
    PIXI.Text - visuals
    PIXI.Text - use in practice
    PIXI.Graphics, masking
    PIXI.Sprites, textures, filters
    Want to protect your MV resources? Here's a small talk about it!