Nov 20, 2019 at 2:27 PM
Birthday:
Jul 22, 1996 (Age: 23)
Lazy pi.... person

Share This Page

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps, Male, 23, from Czech Republic

Veteran

Tonight was surprisingly warm. Didn't even need my jacket. Nov 18, 2019 at 3:59 PM

Poryg was last seen:
Nov 20, 2019 at 2:27 PM
    1. Poryg
      Poryg
      Love is wonderful... Until you find someone who tramples on your feelings instead of answering properly.
      1. Sauteed_Onion and Marsigne like this.
      2. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        Yep. :(
        Jun 15, 2018
        Sauteed_Onion likes this.
    2. Poryg
      Poryg
      After being really angry with c++ video tutorials I've decided to get myself a book. 2000+ pages of c++ basics.
      1. Marquise* and Marsigne like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        learncpp and cppprogramming are the only two sites with useful tutorials. But video tutorials and even video tutorial series out there are really terrible. Like they call it beginner to advanced, but if a book that is over 2000 pages long only covers the basics, I doubt it would be beginner to advanced :D
        @The Stranger That's exactly the book I'm reading right now.
        Jun 11, 2018
        The Stranger likes this.
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        Although I also got myself programming principles in practice using c++ as well. This book contains much more info :)
        Jun 12, 2018
        The Stranger and Marsigne like this.
      5. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        *cybermental hugs*
        Jun 12, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
    3. Poryg
      Poryg
      TFW the biggest excitement in your 12h shift is a passerby saying "I saw a vaccum cleaner, so I thought 'Ah, that's a vacuum cleaner!'"
      1. Poryg
        Poryg
        In other words the 12h shift was completely pointless. Yet I still had to fulfill my duty... Staring into empty space and hoping I don't fall asleep from the emptiness.
        Jun 11, 2018
        Sauteed_Onion and Marsigne like this.
      2. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        You found a job eh? What kind of job?
        Jun 11, 2018
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        Security guard in a construction site. Underpaid as hell, but not much work. Except it's brutally chaotic, you don't know what you're supposed to do and in weekends it's hard to not fall asleep.
        Jun 11, 2018
    4. Poryg
      Poryg
      C++ is finally starting to make some sense to me. I finally understand how dynamic memory allocation and pointers work.
      1. KanaX, Archeia and Marsigne like this.
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        That's normal. C and C++ compile into machine code, so they need to have a main function and use header files :D
        Jun 9, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        If you were to see assembly code, then you'd be even more shocked :D Still, it's better than cobol and algol.
        Jun 9, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
      5. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        LOL, cobol looks very strict, and abgol looks like mathematical equations.
        Jun 9, 2018
    5. Poryg
      Poryg
      Whenever I see naked children, I always envy them so much. If I take off even just my top, I cause outrage. Good times never come back...
      1. KanaX likes this.
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        Actually, I wasn't aroused. I was just way too eager to explore. In fact none of the children in the group behaved like that. My kindergarten teacher therefore saw my behavior as unusual and while she never told me anything, she eagerly reported the stuff to mom... She just said "so what? It's normal." to everything like that.
        Jun 8, 2018
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        One day she had to tell her how she found me alone with a girl in the bathrooms. And when my mom asked what did we do... "They were chatting." :D Which we were, we were friends and spent a lot of time alone together. And bathrooms were our favorite to sneak to, because there was very little traffic due to forced breaks and stuff.
        Jun 8, 2018
      5. Poryg
        Poryg
        As for when I'm in a position to see naked children, it is always random. Usually it's either around rivers or in gardens/terraces or balconies though. In other words no unusual places, but the fact that they are and can be shameless in front of the whole world never stops intriguing me.
        Jun 8, 2018
    6. Poryg
      Poryg
      Watching youtube videos about Canada made me feel like living in Canada.
      1. starlight dream and Marsigne like this.
      2. shadefoundry
        shadefoundry
        The scary thing is that this is actually a thing I've seen happen on my way to work, especially after the first massive snow storm that generally catches people off guard. o_o
        Jun 6, 2018
        starlight dream, Marsigne and Poryg like this.
    7. Poryg
      Poryg
      Next time I sign a contract, I'll turn it into a roll and blow Final fantasy victory fanfare into it.
      1. Marsigne, cabfe and Guiguimu like this.
    8. Poryg
      Poryg
      Dark times are awaiting us:
      1. SpaceBot
        SpaceBot
        LMAO
        Jun 3, 2018
      2. Kes
        Kes
        Scary!
        Jun 3, 2018
    9. Poryg
      Poryg
      TFW you have to get up very early, take a bath at late night and warm water's not working...
      1. Marsigne likes this.
    10. Poryg
      Poryg
      I can win fights against many stupid people. But the ones that I can't beat are pseudomoralists. A totally different level of stupidity.
      1. IguanaGuy
        IguanaGuy
        By pseudomoralists, do you mean hypocrites? They act one way and live another? Oh yeah, they won't give in or they would totally blow their cover away.
        Jun 1, 2018
        starlight dream likes this.
    11. Poryg
      Poryg
      Found a new way to defuse keyboard warriors. First key is that you can't be bad to them. Don't play their game and insult them directly.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        @Tai_MT Allow me to explain the difference between a keyboard warrior and a troll.
        If I sneak behind you for two minutes in counter-strike instead of outright killing you, that is trolling. In short you gave me a way to make fun of you and I exploited it. In speech I oftentimes troll people by "taking something seriously" and twisting meanings where the context allows me.
        May 29, 2018
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        A keyboard warrior is someone who most commonly spits insults left and right, but in short does whatever he can to ruin other people's day. Apart from youtube it's been popular to use rage hacks in shooters or take people out in racing games. These people wouldn't have the guts to do something irl, but because they are protected by the internet, they act all "tough". Hence why the term 'keyboard warrior'.
        May 29, 2018
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        Although it's true that since violence is outright banned, people are now becoming more and more cocky. The NHL proves this point - you do something bad, you'll get punched. Keeps the sport humble.
        May 29, 2018
        Philosophus Vagus likes this.
    12. Poryg
      Poryg
      I wonder why all good songs are so short...
      1. Sauteed_Onion likes this.
      3. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        :) Can't control our tastes, they are what they are.
        Have you been doing any compositions?
        And of course when it comes to music, every song or piece is different. Liking a style doesn't mean liking all that falls in it.
        May 29, 2018
        Poryg likes this.
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        Actually, I didn't try to compose. I have bought a course, but too busy for it :(
        May 29, 2018
      5. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        All in good time :)
        May 29, 2018
    13. Poryg
      Poryg
      Being bored, I'm designing a blackjack game on sololearn to practice some html and css. Finally I reached the fun part though, game logic!
      1. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        That's good, and next time you're bored you can play your blackjack game.
        May 27, 2018
        Sauteed_Onion and Marsigne like this.
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        I'm not going to play it to be honest. I'm not into blackjack.
        May 27, 2018
    14. Poryg
      Poryg
      I love javascript. But seriously, css is hell. Not due to difficulty, it's easy. But the styling takes so much time... Back to PIXI.
      1. starlight dream likes this.
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        Then I spend 20 minutes thinking how to place that div so that it is in the right place, have to resort to absolute positioning in the end... And that's where all hell breaks loose.
        May 26, 2018
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        With pixi I just set X and Y coordinates and it just works. No hell with trying to reposition stuff so that it goes to the left instead of being like 200 pixels offset for no known reason.
        May 26, 2018
      5. Frogboy
        Frogboy
        CSS Grid is great for layout if you have the option to use them.
        May 26, 2018
    15. Poryg
      Poryg
      With me having no computer, bug fixing has proven to be an interesting challenge. But not an impossible one.
      1. starlight dream and Marsigne like this.
    16. Poryg
      Poryg
      My tablet is just awesome. Had free storage space less than 0 MB. Had my cpu working on 360% without overheating. And when I delete an...
      1. fiddlesticks, Marsigne and Lornsteyn like this.
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        Hi-silicon Kirin Octa-core (4x 2.0GHz, 4x 1.5 GHz)
        May 23, 2018
      4. Tarq
        Tarq
        Hmm I don't recognise it. I was going to suggest that the high CPU usage could have been caused by the OS misinterpreting data from the way hyperthreading works with Intel chips but with an octacore its probably not going to use hyperthreading (and it would likely be an egregious oversight by the OS considering the ubiquity of Intel chips)
        May 23, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
      5. Poryg
        Poryg
        It's when I unlock my device, the first seconds are showing crazy values. For example I even had a -80% cpu usage :D
        May 23, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
    17. Poryg
      Poryg
      If I find a flash game on my mobile browser, it tells me it's not compatible. Then why does it work fine if I request desktop sites?
      1. Marsigne likes this.
      2. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        Those annoying bugs. xD
        May 22, 2018
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        Not at all, just Puffin web browser. And the fact that flash games aren't supposed to be supported anymore by mobiles, thanks to the fact that in 2016 Adobe took down its Android flash player in 2016.
        May 22, 2018
    18. Poryg
      Poryg
      Here I am, watching 19th century photos. They definitely have beauty in them...
      1. fimamati and starlight dream like this.
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        Having a goal in 19th century was even more difficult, but at least people knew what they could do... I now know only what I can't do and this list is vastly expanding each passing day...
        May 21, 2018
      4. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        I think people back then we're aiming for simplicity. My parents grew up in small villages in a pre-tech era, and to them the idea of having "ambitions" is ridiculous. They feel that life is just about living and getting by. Whenever I share my goals they tell me "Now you're just adding work and difficulties to yourself" lol :)
        May 21, 2018
      5. Poryg
        Poryg
        Well, they're technically not wrong :D Goals mean added struggles. But nowadays you can't just do a dayum thing without ambitions or else you won't survive. Although we will return to the time when it's possible one day. I know, because Europe is starting to suffer from overurbanisation.
        May 22, 2018
    19. Poryg
      Poryg
      The more I get involved with non-js languages, the more I love js. Others may think it's a dirty language... But the freedom it gives!!!
      2. Mrs_Allykat
        Mrs_Allykat
        My day job is PHP, so I try to avoid real programming with RM. However, when I do have to code something -- JS makes it so much less of a hassle.
        May 20, 2018
        Poryg likes this.
      3. PixelHeart
        PixelHeart
        where did you start learning JS? I just finished two classes at school on C++ , and im trying to get into JS now.
        May 20, 2018
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        sololearn.com, the rest is experience
        May 20, 2018
    20. Poryg
      Poryg
      I'm in a friendzone. Am I sad about it? Not really. Because friendzones have brought me some of the most interesting experiences ever.
      2. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        Sounds shitty. Why flirt with someone whose already made it clear they aren't interested? I mean rejection is no reason to give up I guess...after all my granddad had to ask 9 times before my grandma married him but if you're hitting a brick wall before you even date it's probably best to turn around and just find another path...plenty of other lonely people to date, no need to be a creep giving unwanted attentions.
        May 18, 2018
        TheCosmicSlug, Matseb2611 and Uzuki like this.
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        I can't say it's healthy. But given how often I get to like someone, it's not that different from not pursuing anyone. I have just made a couple of rules to prevent it from being unhealthy. One of them is, if a person is a thinker or considerate about your feelings, don't push it. If they don't care, they won't mind as long as you don't force your feelings on them.
        May 18, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
      4. Matseb2611
        Matseb2611
        Best to move on, seriously. The more you expose yourself to that person, the more it's going to hurt you. There are many amazing people in the world. I promise you that. Whichever one person you thought was the one - you'll find many more like that or even better.
        May 18, 2018
        TheCosmicSlug, Poryg and Marsigne like this.
  • About

Birthday:
    Jul 22, 1996 (Age: 23)
    Lazy pi.... person
    First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Interests:
    Chess

Signature

Instead of searching for a new grass, I will recolor it in Gimp from now on.
    Hue: 108, Saturation: 77, light: -38
    Large plugins
    Save core

Small plugins can be found here
    List of small plugins:
    Event spawner
    Extra event pages (no dedicated thread for it, check Event spawner)
    Fixed leader (no dedicated thread for it, it should be self explanatory)
    Input blocker
    Input blocker KM (no dedicated thread for it, see Input blocker)
    Extended text manager
    Auto skip message
    [​IMG]
    Want to protect your MV resources? Here's a small talk about it!