Dec 6, 2019 at 6:49 AM
Birthday:
Jul 22, 1996 (Age: 23)
Lazy pi.... person

Share This Page

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps, Male, 23, from Czech Republic

Veteran

Working at security has taught me some valuable lessons. Prior to it I had never thought feeling bored would be so amazing... Dec 2, 2019 at 4:02 PM

Poryg was last seen:
Dec 6, 2019 at 6:49 AM
    1. Poryg
      Poryg
      Well, I paid the price for no sleep and crappy work schedule this night. Between midnight and 4 am I was completely out of reality.
      1. BlueMage
        BlueMage
        Welcome to my realm!
        Jul 28, 2019
    2. Poryg
      Poryg
      How in the world did phone numbers from my gmail account appear in my messenger despite contact synchs turned off? :mad:
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Kuro DCupu
        Kuro DCupu
        They're watching us
        Jul 27, 2019
      3. Stupidbro
        Stupidbro
        @Kuro DCupu You think Google's bad about doing it? Here in America, phone companies used to keep your address in the phone book as well as your phone number and name, unless you paid a fee for them to keep you out of it. Imagine someone being able to just buy a book and then know where to find you.
        Aug 5, 2019
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        Well, ISPs do/used to do it too and the data is/was available to some IP tracing websites, so just an IP was enough to find a person's name and exact home address without buying anything. And from that we have pranks like
        Aug 5, 2019
    3. Poryg
      Poryg
      In our newspapers we have an article that tells us to go exercise outside. When we should avoid heat to avoid collapsing. Yeaaaaah, sure.
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        I have exercised in 39°C. Ran a 6 km run, managed to finish only 4.5 of them though. It stopped being funny when I started shivering from cold... In 39°C temperatures no less.
        Jul 26, 2019
      3. Zeriab
        Zeriab
        It's simple. Just exercise at night.
        Not sleeping at night is bad for you though...
        Jul 26, 2019
        Wavelength likes this.
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        I actually work at night.
        Jul 26, 2019
    4. Poryg
      Poryg
      Fun fact. You have a gate that has door inside so people can enter when it's closed. But leave the gate just 10 cm open and ...
      1. Stupidbro, standardplayer and Nantas like this.
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        people will immediately forget that something like door even exists. It's funny to see them try to squeeze through the 10cm space instead of trying the door :D
        Jul 25, 2019
        standardplayer and Nantas like this.
      3. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        'A gate with a door in it, so people can enter when it's closed' is my favorite set of words now
        Jul 26, 2019
      4. Stupidbro
        Aug 5, 2019
        standardplayer likes this.
    5. Poryg
      Poryg
      I'm going to leave the work I'm doing next Spring. I'm too tired to continue for another year.
      1. Poryg
        Poryg
        In September I'll have 14 days holidays, so I'll take the time to recuperate. I'll somehow manage October and hopefully through Winter I'll be able to sleep relatively OK.
        Jul 25, 2019
      2. PixelHeart
        PixelHeart
        like, your job, or scripting? Any case, rest well.
        Jul 25, 2019
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        Like my job.
        Jul 25, 2019
    6. Poryg
      Poryg
      I wanted to make a tutorial video. Yesterday I wanted to have some sleep. Well, looks like the construction workers have other ideas.
      1. SolonWise likes this.
      2. SolonWise
        SolonWise
        Everybody need houses. Even dogs. :D
        Jul 25, 2019
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        It was actually road.
        Jul 25, 2019
    7. Poryg
      Poryg
      It is always amusing when people attack my points for being irrelevant, but then present even less relevant ones in an attempt to guilt me.
      2. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        That said, I usually prefer to define "goal of the discussion" first before proceeding further. One of the examples is what do you mean by "advancement". Without an agreement of the definition, it can only lead to disagreement or even conflict.
        Jul 24, 2019
      3. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        @Poryg you've done it again, by the way. Like the YouTube search algorithm, Poryg's exact method for selecting invigorating status topics that draw large responses is held close to the chest, and is a sought after trade secret.
        Jul 24, 2019
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        @standardplayer Actually, I have yet to make a status update people answer with at least 50 comments. So it's not really true :p
        Jul 24, 2019
    8. Poryg
      Poryg
      I used to dislike the concept of open-source. But seeing how much awesome stuff is happening thanks to open-source, I've grown to love it.
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        My main problem with open source were two things. One of them was, no income. The other one... Unless you use GPL2.0, someone can just take it, twist it into something and sell it and you can't really do anything about it.
        Jul 23, 2019
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        Third problem is ransoming code. Previous year there was a controversy regarding Linux and code of conduct. The code of conduct would essentially shun people of certain opinions. And some threatened to take down their code if that had happened, which would crash all major distros.
        Jul 23, 2019
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        Now that was a perfectly legit reason to do so and that's not the main thing. The problem is, large corps are getting more and more involved with open-source. And in their hands holding code hostage can prove to be a large negotiating leverage.
        Jul 23, 2019
    9. Poryg
      Poryg
      Alright, as unlikely as it seemed like at first, I made two more tutorial videos today. Do not let available plugins limit your menu's look!
      2. HexMozart88
        HexMozart88
        And... that was some very interesting grammar, which I can't edit.
        Jul 22, 2019
      3. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        I don't really see, the problem. XD
        Jul 22, 2019
        Poryg and HexMozart88 like this.
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        @HexMozart88 You're watching them though, so it at least means it's not a boring cluster of information... Or maybe it is and you had nothing better to do, but I'll go with option A. :D
        Jul 22, 2019
        HexMozart88 likes this.
    10. Poryg
      Poryg
      TIL that in C++ making functions virtual can really mess with debuggers and is a nice antidebug measure.
      1. Windows i7
        Windows i7
        I'm sure it can't be too hard to find a way around that. Also, why would you want to mess with debuggers anyway? If someone really wants to reverse engineer what you make, they will eventually. Your time would be better spent on code quality.
        Jul 21, 2019
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        Actually, I was hacking PwnAdventure3 and messing around in it with GDB. Could not set breakpoints at or display virtual functions. And no, there's no way to reliably circumvent that, because virtual functions mean that the pointers get assigned on runtime, while pointers to classic functions are assigned statically.
        Jul 21, 2019
    11. Poryg
      Poryg
      I have met the most sophisticated scammer so far. Weeks of building trust, four fake official papers and he even "paid the tax".
      1. MMMm and Elliott404 like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. MMMm
        MMMm
        Guess the guy thought he could get you.

They like to use massive sums and play up their desperation in an attempt to get people to think they're the ones getting a better deal and they love to appeal to sympathy.

Like those ones where they claim that if you help them smuggle 20 million out of their country that their evil government is trying to seize illegally after his wife died, he'll pay you 15 million.
        Jul 21, 2019
      4. MMMm
        MMMm
        There's people out there who get attached to the idea that this could be real and they desperately want to believe. They start to feel hope and become more and more sure of themselves as it goes on.

It's heart breaking especially when it happens to old people. $50,000+ sent to scammers.
        Jul 21, 2019
      5. Poryg
        Poryg
        Well, I receive two scammer emails per week, so I always waste their time. I would bombard them using SMTP, but there's a problem that having my custom modem and IP would be too expensive.
        Jul 21, 2019
        MMMm likes this.
    12. MMMm
      MMMm
      Thanks for the video series, Poryg. You have a very nice voice too.
    13. Poryg
      Poryg
      Couldn't sleep through day, so I spent some time hacking PwnAdventure3. The C++ pointers are really killing me.
    14. Poryg
      Poryg
      Reinstalled Debian for like the millionth time. Debian 10 isn't compatible with my PC :(
      1. cabfe
        cabfe
        There are many others.
        Jul 19, 2019
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        None of them compatible. I'm forced to stick with Debian 9 for the time being.
        Jul 19, 2019
    15. Poryg
      Poryg
      Stronghold crusader is so far a game that gave me the most dark-lordy feeling. Children happily running around various evil structures... :D
      1. standardplayer likes this.
    16. Poryg
      Poryg
      Being a sociopath can be tough. People assume I'm like them, but despite obvious clues nobody sees. They don't even see I'm different.
      1. Elliott404 likes this.
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        In our country it is very common to prescribe antibiotics against flu. So I'm not sure about the help in our country being professional :D
        Jul 19, 2019
      4. Wavelength
        Wavelength
        This is beyond my understanding to be really honest, but I just want to say that a lot of us here like you and care about you very much, Poryg, and that it IS okay to be wildly different. Do not ever hate yourself for it.
        Jul 19, 2019
      5. Poryg
        Poryg
        @Wavelength I don't really hate being different, it has its advantages. It just complicates some of my social interactions.
        Jul 19, 2019
        Wavelength likes this.
    17. Poryg
      Poryg
      My spoken English sounds so awkward thanks to my Slavic influence that I am thinking of employing heavy Czech accent while speaking English.
      1. MushroomCake28
        MushroomCake28
        As long as people understand you I think that's fine.
        Jul 17, 2019
      2. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        That's not true. If you watch his YouTube tutorials, he speaks like a Slavic Prince, and captions like a royal Scribe. And he teaches you JavaScript, AND how to wield a light saber.
        Jul 17, 2019
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        Lol, Slavic prince. Even Slavic royalty would speak proper English :D
        Jul 17, 2019
    18. Poryg
      Poryg
      Finally managed to run PwnAdventure3 with server on a virtual machine... Only to find out that I might be better off in actual Linux.
    19. Poryg
      Poryg
      For some reason my leg suddenly hurts when I try to step on it... right under my knee. Do I have to chop it off or what? :(
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        Well, you can chop your neck off :D But I can't say I recommend it.
        Jul 15, 2019
        Wavelength likes this.
      3. Wavelength
        Wavelength
        My friend Marie A. said it really wasn't that bad. :D
        Jul 15, 2019
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        I still can't say I recommend it :D
        Jul 15, 2019
    20. Poryg
      Poryg
      Watching Blizzard's battle.net shop, I have no doubt that Blizzard is slowly transforming into Activision.
      1. Wavelength likes this.
      3. Kyuukon
        Kyuukon
        It's been a while ago...
        Jul 14, 2019
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        But the prices go up unreasonably, we're now receiving utter garbage as "dlcs",... It's ridiculous. For example if you pay 29.99€, you get Warcraft 3. If you pay 10€ more, you get four skins to HOTS, a mount to World of Warcraft,... And so far no content to Warcraft 3. Ridiculous.
        Jul 14, 2019
      5. Wavelength
        Wavelength
        My take on this is that the new models make being a "smart consumer" mandatory rather than optional. If the skins and mount feel unnecessary to you, you can just pay 29.99€ and enjoy WC3. I tend to spend no real money on games with gacha systems, just because the cost to get "what I want" is unknown.
        Jul 15, 2019
        Poryg likes this.
  • About

Birthday:
    Jul 22, 1996 (Age: 23)
    Lazy pi.... person
    First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Interests:
    Chess

Signature

Instead of searching for a new grass, I will recolor it in Gimp from now on.
    Hue: 108, Saturation: 77, light: -38
    Large plugins
    Save core

Small plugins can be found here
    List of small plugins:
    Event spawner
    Extra event pages (no dedicated thread for it, check Event spawner)
    Fixed leader (no dedicated thread for it, it should be self explanatory)
    Input blocker
    Input blocker KM (no dedicated thread for it, see Input blocker)
    Extended text manager
    Auto skip message
    [​IMG]
    Want to protect your MV resources? Here's a small talk about it!