Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps, Male, 23, from Czech Republic

Veteran

The floor is lava! Nov 11, 2019 at 2:33 AM

Poryg was last seen:
Viewing forum list, Nov 12, 2019 at 5:40 AM
    1. Poryg
      Poryg
      TIL that in C++ making functions virtual can really mess with debuggers and is a nice antidebug measure.
      1. Windows i7
        Windows i7
        I'm sure it can't be too hard to find a way around that. Also, why would you want to mess with debuggers anyway? If someone really wants to reverse engineer what you make, they will eventually. Your time would be better spent on code quality.
        Jul 21, 2019
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        Actually, I was hacking PwnAdventure3 and messing around in it with GDB. Could not set breakpoints at or display virtual functions. And no, there's no way to reliably circumvent that, because virtual functions mean that the pointers get assigned on runtime, while pointers to classic functions are assigned statically.
        Jul 21, 2019
    2. Poryg
      Poryg
      I have met the most sophisticated scammer so far. Weeks of building trust, four fake official papers and he even "paid the tax".
      1. MMMm and Elliott404 like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. MMMm
        MMMm
        Guess the guy thought he could get you.

They like to use massive sums and play up their desperation in an attempt to get people to think they're the ones getting a better deal and they love to appeal to sympathy.

Like those ones where they claim that if you help them smuggle 20 million out of their country that their evil government is trying to seize illegally after his wife died, he'll pay you 15 million.
        Jul 21, 2019
      4. MMMm
        MMMm
        There's people out there who get attached to the idea that this could be real and they desperately want to believe. They start to feel hope and become more and more sure of themselves as it goes on.

It's heart breaking especially when it happens to old people. $50,000+ sent to scammers.
        Jul 21, 2019
      5. Poryg
        Poryg
        Well, I receive two scammer emails per week, so I always waste their time. I would bombard them using SMTP, but there's a problem that having my custom modem and IP would be too expensive.
        Jul 21, 2019
        MMMm likes this.
    3. MMMm
      MMMm
      Thanks for the video series, Poryg. You have a very nice voice too.
    4. Poryg
      Poryg
      Couldn't sleep through day, so I spent some time hacking PwnAdventure3. The C++ pointers are really killing me.
    5. Poryg
      Poryg
      Reinstalled Debian for like the millionth time. Debian 10 isn't compatible with my PC :(
      1. cabfe
        cabfe
        There are many others.
        Jul 19, 2019
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        None of them compatible. I'm forced to stick with Debian 9 for the time being.
        Jul 19, 2019
    6. Poryg
      Poryg
      Stronghold crusader is so far a game that gave me the most dark-lordy feeling. Children happily running around various evil structures... :D
      1. standardplayer likes this.
    7. Poryg
      Poryg
      Being a sociopath can be tough. People assume I'm like them, but despite obvious clues nobody sees. They don't even see I'm different.
      1. Elliott404 likes this.
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        In our country it is very common to prescribe antibiotics against flu. So I'm not sure about the help in our country being professional :D
        Jul 19, 2019
      4. Wavelength
        Wavelength
        This is beyond my understanding to be really honest, but I just want to say that a lot of us here like you and care about you very much, Poryg, and that it IS okay to be wildly different. Do not ever hate yourself for it.
        Jul 19, 2019
      5. Poryg
        Poryg
        @Wavelength I don't really hate being different, it has its advantages. It just complicates some of my social interactions.
        Jul 19, 2019
        Wavelength likes this.
    8. Poryg
      Poryg
      My spoken English sounds so awkward thanks to my Slavic influence that I am thinking of employing heavy Czech accent while speaking English.
      1. MushroomCake28
        MushroomCake28
        As long as people understand you I think that's fine.
        Jul 17, 2019
        standardplayer likes this.
      2. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        That's not true. If you watch his YouTube tutorials, he speaks like a Slavic Prince, and captions like a royal Scribe. And he teaches you JavaScript, AND how to wield a light saber.
        Jul 17, 2019
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        Lol, Slavic prince. Even Slavic royalty would speak proper English :D
        Jul 17, 2019
    9. Poryg
      Poryg
      Finally managed to run PwnAdventure3 with server on a virtual machine... Only to find out that I might be better off in actual Linux.
    10. Poryg
      Poryg
      For some reason my leg suddenly hurts when I try to step on it... right under my knee. Do I have to chop it off or what? :(
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        Well, you can chop your neck off :D But I can't say I recommend it.
        Jul 15, 2019
        Wavelength likes this.
      3. Wavelength
        Wavelength
        My friend Marie A. said it really wasn't that bad. :D
        Jul 15, 2019
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        I still can't say I recommend it :D
        Jul 15, 2019
    11. Poryg
      Poryg
      Watching Blizzard's battle.net shop, I have no doubt that Blizzard is slowly transforming into Activision.
      1. Wavelength likes this.
      3. Kyuukon
        Kyuukon
        It's been a while ago...
        Jul 14, 2019
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        But the prices go up unreasonably, we're now receiving utter garbage as "dlcs",... It's ridiculous. For example if you pay 29.99€, you get Warcraft 3. If you pay 10€ more, you get four skins to HOTS, a mount to World of Warcraft,... And so far no content to Warcraft 3. Ridiculous.
        Jul 14, 2019
      5. Wavelength
        Wavelength
        My take on this is that the new models make being a "smart consumer" mandatory rather than optional. If the skins and mount feel unnecessary to you, you can just pay 29.99€ and enjoy WC3. I tend to spend no real money on games with gacha systems, just because the cost to get "what I want" is unknown.
        Jul 15, 2019
        Poryg likes this.
    12. Poryg
      Poryg
      Merry Christmas!
      1. Neo_Kum0rius_6000 likes this.
    13. Poryg
      Poryg
      Everyone has told me to move on. Well, since I had nothing better to do, I did not. Scored a date... After two years.
      1. standardplayer and SolonWise like this.
      3. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        I don't know. The best way not to make things awkward is to just treat her like you would anyone else. Except when you kiss or some such like that.
        Jul 13, 2019
        Poryg likes this.
      4. Golden Unicorn Gaming
        Golden Unicorn Gaming
        Congrats buddy! Get after it!
        Jul 13, 2019
      5. MushroomCake28
        MushroomCake28
        Congratz! And as for the uncertainty, your chances would have been 0% if you didn't try. So greater than 0% is better than 0%. But I totally understand you, as I'm also someone who hates uncertainty and likes to plan everything out before.
        Jul 13, 2019
    14. Poryg
      Poryg
      Almost a month ago I submitted a scammer report to one unnamed hosting provider. It took them 24 days to answer it. Just... Wow.
      2. Elliott404
        Elliott404
        Make a fake ID revealing that you are an FBI sort, and watch them panic
        Jul 11, 2019
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        That's illegal.
        Jul 11, 2019
      4. Elliott404
        Elliott404
        Well shite
        Jul 11, 2019
    15. Poryg
      Poryg
      They say, ignorance is bliss. But try to hum an Austria-Hungary anthem in our country. It will teach you the opposite.
      1. Poryg
        Poryg
        *Austrian-Hungarian anthem :kaoswt2:
        Jul 11, 2019
      2. MushroomCake28
        MushroomCake28
        "It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied. And if the fool, or the pig, is of a different opinion, it is only because they only know their own side of the question." (John Stuart Mill)
        Jul 11, 2019
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        Well, sometimes it is really better to not know. But the biggest problem presented in my post was, Gott ernhalte Franz den Kaiser has the same melody as Germany's Deutschland über alles. And people here, especially the elders, don't like to hear it.
        Jul 11, 2019
        MushroomCake28 likes this.
    16. Poryg
      Poryg
      Alright. After receiving a complaint about the clarity of the audio, I added subtitles to my tutorials and bought a new mic.
    17. Poryg
      Poryg
      Two tutorial videos about scripting. First is a small introduction, the second one teaches you to make your own scene and window.
      1. Drifter92 and Kupotepo like this.
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        But the cutting fails will haunt me forever :D
        Jul 9, 2019
      3. Kupotepo
        Kupotepo
        Thank you @Poryg. You are a talented programmer. I will see what I learn.
        Jul 10, 2019
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        I'll see too.
        Jul 10, 2019
    18. Poryg
      Poryg
      In my sudden surge of creativity I thought about doing some scripting tutorials, this time from the ground up and with direct commentary.
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        Materials for 3rd lesson are almost ready. It will talk about the differences between the base windows. And then I'm out of ideas, so feel free to suggest something :D
        Jul 10, 2019
      3. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        Got called in to work early, gonna dig into these tonight ^^ I'm excited
        Jul 10, 2019
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        :D Gonna work through night.
        Jul 10, 2019
    19. Poryg
      Poryg
      It's sad when you see someone with Ph.D in philosophy fail miserably in first semester logic.
      1. Philosophus Vagus likes this.
      3. futrchamp
        futrchamp
        However, acknowledging that there are vast gaps in human understanding of the world, and that belief and value systems can be influenced by centuries of cultural mechanisms, is NOT the same as rejecting rationality or logic.
        Jul 9, 2019
      4. futrchamp
        futrchamp
        An inquiring mind should be quite familiar with both (and vastly more) perspectives - in many cases the brute-force, classical rationality of Socrates is adequate to answer a question, but not always.
        Jul 9, 2019
      5. futrchamp
        futrchamp
        Often, it is easier for us to feel comfortable thinking that we have come a firm, unfalsifiable, "rational" conclusion that to accept that we rarely have knowledge of all relevant variables. That feeling of comfort should not come before truth.

(Ramble over, hehe :3)
        Jul 9, 2019
    20. Poryg
      Poryg
      Amazing. 12 police officers equipped with bulletproof vests against one husband and wife argument. Just what's happening today? :o
      1. Windows i7
        Windows i7
        Sounds like a typical day in America.
        Jul 7, 2019
        MushroomCake28 and RitualTeeth like this.
      2. Wavelength
        Wavelength
        FLORIDA MAN takes down 12 officers in bulletproof vests just to get his hands on an Egg McMuffin at 3pm, apparently unaware that McDonalds serves breakfast all day.
        Jul 7, 2019
        MushroomCake28 likes this.
  • About

Birthday:
    Jul 22, 1996 (Age: 23)
    Lazy pi.... person
    First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Interests:
    Chess

Signature

Instead of searching for a new grass, I will recolor it in Gimp from now on.
    Hue: 108, Saturation: 77, light: -38
    Large plugins
    Save core

Small plugins can be found here
    List of small plugins:
    Event spawner
    Extra event pages (no dedicated thread for it, check Event spawner)
    Fixed leader (no dedicated thread for it, it should be self explanatory)
    Input blocker
    Input blocker KM (no dedicated thread for it, see Input blocker)
    Extended text manager
    Auto skip message
    [​IMG]
    Want to protect your MV resources? Here's a small talk about it!