Poryg

Pixie of the Emvee kingdom, Ham of a Hamster, Male, 23, from Czech Republic

Veteran

Unity by TheFatRat... So overused! :( Sep 23, 2019 at 6:51 AM

Poryg was last seen:
Sep 23, 2019 at 4:00 PM
    1. Poryg
      Poryg
      Today I found an amazing fact. Compared to outdoor running treadmill feels like a waste of time. Literally.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        The lack of air isn't an issue, since there's always enough air. The only thing that's lacking is air circulation. And even running at 29°C outdoor feels much nicer than running at 25°C indoors, because without circulation the air around you heats up to uncomfortable levels very quickly.
        Jun 5, 2019
      3. Nekohime1989
        Nekohime1989
        well it doesn't take you anywhere... so i agree treadmill is a waste of time.
        Jun 5, 2019
      4. Windows i7
        Windows i7
        Someone should make an exercise machine that turns the mechanical energy of the exercising into electricity to charge stuff with. Then it wouldn't be a waste anymore.
        Jun 5, 2019
    2. Poryg
      Poryg
      My smtp did not work. So I tried to purchase one online. But every smtp seller only targets marketers, ;_;
      1. Poryg
        Poryg
        Essentially I can't use that just to send emails, because every recipient has to grant explicite permission and every email needs to contain a valid unsubscribe link.
        Jun 4, 2019
      2. ??????
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        The problem with nodemailer is, it still needs an SMTP.
        Jun 4, 2019
    3. Poryg
      Poryg
      I may be weird, but I don't like to hear chatter unrelated to exercise in a gym. And I hate laughs. Okay, I hate distractions in general.
      1. Dreadshadow likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        Btw. @Dreadshadow I can absolutely understand if people hang out and chat in the gym as long as they fulfill these criteria:
        1. Volume. Keep it down. Don't laugh.
        2. So not waste time. I've seen people take an easy rep and then sit there for five mins blocking a machine.That's like three reps.
        Jun 2, 2019
        Dreadshadow likes this.
      4. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        Do they have yard sales in your country? Because if they do you can get a home gym for less than the cost of a years membership at most gyms if you do a little looking around.
        Jun 2, 2019
      5. Poryg
        Poryg
        Tiny apartment. Out of the question.
        Jun 2, 2019
    4. Poryg
      Poryg
      TFW When you realize that all this time you've been doing it totally wrong...
      1. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        TFW when you include a double 'when'.
        May 31, 2019
        Shaz likes this.
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        TFWW someone mentions your error, but makes it too. Anyway, glad you noticed it, it was the point of the joke (related to stuff like RPG games etc.)
        May 31, 2019
    5. Poryg
      Poryg
      Almost got ran over by a car. Lesson for you kids, don't cross the street when you can't see clearly. The driver couldn't see me either.
      1. Elliott404 and MushroomCake28 like this.
      3. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        You always need to observe people on the road. Most of the time, they are too stupid to be driving.
        May 29, 2019
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        Well, the problem wasn't my lack of observation. It was that I crossed the road somewhere where it was dangerous. Usually it's safe, because it's not clogged up. But when it is clogged up, there's no way I can see or even predict the behavior of cars thanks to the stupid road system there.
        May 29, 2019
      5. Poryg
        Poryg
        It was a good lesson. Next time I see this situation, I'll cross the road at the traffic lights instead of risking my health or life.
        May 29, 2019
    6. Poryg
      Poryg
      In few days I might try to set up my own SMTP. Only for sending emails, not receiving, so hopefully with an online tutorial won't be hard.
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        Well, thanks guys for your tips, although I'm not sure I'll use them well... I know very little about server related stuff, for example I don't even know the difference between a local web server and a server accessible through www. :(
        May 28, 2019
        TheSorcerer likes this.
      3. TheSorcerer
        TheSorcerer
        Hit us up if you need any help along the way. :D
        May 28, 2019
      4. Windows i7
        Windows i7
        @Poryg Well, if you want to learn the difference read up on LANs, WANs, NAT (Network Address Translation) and port forwarding. Also www. is just a standard/generic subdomain. Not all websites use www.
        May 28, 2019
        Poryg likes this.
    7. Poryg
      Poryg
      I'll try my best to stay at the current work for at least this year... But what I know for sure is that I won't be there after that summer.
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        And since the daylight is increasing, it's more and more difficult to sleep even in my days off. I have increasing occurences of five hour sleeps in my days off. Which doesn't help the situation at all. So I think I'll be there throughout winter, but leave before the following Summer.
        May 28, 2019
      3. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        Ah. I forget I'm weird and have no problem sleeping in daytime or nighttime. My internal clock doesn't give a fudge, just needs heavy curtains over the windows.
        May 28, 2019
      4. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        I was just thinking it'd be pleasant the way the heat is to work in the cool of the night and pass out in an a/c'd room during the heat of the day. :D
        May 28, 2019
    8. Poryg
      Poryg
      Darn it! I Spent an hour making a realistic looking fake ID (of a nonexistent country) only to name it as fakeID.png and send it to scammer.
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        Stupid scammer no.1: Not even bothering to read my email. Although it doesn't really matter for them I guess, they will just Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V.
        May 27, 2019
      3. Elliott404
        Elliott404
        Stupid no.2 then: being decieved by a troll.
        May 27, 2019
      4. Kupotepo
        Kupotepo
        @Poryg, telephone scammer is super funny. First he speaks with an indian accent with English name. Next week, he impersonated and speaks with female Chinese accent with English name. My goodness the scammer has fun with using Google Voice.
        May 27, 2019
    9. Poryg
      Poryg
      Yay, I'm rich, I have received a $840,000 donation from an Italian with English name! #SpamEmails
      2. Kupotepo
        Kupotepo
        However, if I have a bad day, it become irritated real quick. The scammer is so demanding. They ask what is your email, your credit number, and we are good people who are from Microsoft company. They are really good at boldface lying.
        May 27, 2019
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        They're not really good at lying, people are just naïve. The moment you become pushy, they immediately turn aggressive and irritated. Don't let them syskey you and you're good to go.
        May 27, 2019
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        For example one scammer wanted me to send an email to royal bank of Scotland. Its email? info@royalbankofscotland.xyz - even though UK has domain .co.uk. Plain stupid, but some will fall for it, because they're uneducated in the field and hence naive.
        May 27, 2019
    10. Poryg
      Poryg
      Another weekend, another time to backup the game I'm making! Oh wait...
      1. MMMm, Amenti, atoms and 2 others like this.
      3. ??????
        ??????
        Poryg doesnt make games, he breaks games ;)
        May 26, 2019
        Poryg likes this.
      4. Amenti
        Amenti
        If I can ask, what is your game about? Do you have a thread for it?
        May 26, 2019
      5. Amenti
        Amenti
        Oops. My bad, didn't read the other comments. Hehe
        May 26, 2019
    11. Poryg
      Poryg
      Six meals today and I'm still hungry... :(
      1. SolonWise likes this.
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        @OmnislashXX Caloric deficit actually. I'm trying to trick my body into burning calories by alternating between caloric deficit and enough calories. It works quite okay, I've already lost 500g. But when I need to refill energy, I feel hunger through the entire day.
        May 26, 2019
        OmnislashXX likes this.
      4. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        Sounds like a good time to practice fasting?
        May 26, 2019
      5. Poryg
        Poryg
        Could be. I'm thinking of going for a carnivore diet. Fasting can make the transition easier.
        May 26, 2019
    12. Poryg
      Poryg
      I wonder why in 2019 we still use old standards for sms. Non-standard characters like š or emoji take so many characters...
      1. Poryg
        Poryg
        For example in Unicode characters take one to three bytes. Had this been transferred into mobiles, we'd suddenly have the non-standard characters take two or three spaces.
        May 23, 2019
      2. ??????
        ??????
        dude, I dont think i've sent a standard sms message in like 6 years...
        May 24, 2019
    13. Poryg
      Poryg
      Tjat feeling when even my dreams have more dates than me ;_;
      2. Dreadshadow
        Dreadshadow
        Actually the only boundaries are the ones set by either side. If both sides have no boundaries, you go for it. If someone says no, they most probably mean it. Things are simple. You don't have to TRY to love, it comes natural and you don't need someone who TRIES to love you. No. They must feel it natural too.
        May 23, 2019
        MushroomCake28 likes this.
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        That's an oversimplification. If a 20yr old goes for a 13yr old, I don't care if they're both wanting it. That stuff should stay illegal.
        May 23, 2019
        Bonkers and Dreadshadow like this.
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        I think we've officially crossed the line on this subject though.
        May 24, 2019
        Dreadshadow likes this.
    14. Poryg
      Poryg
      I just love these one star reviews just because a software lacks Czech. Especially considering how terrible these translations are and...
      1. Poryg
        Poryg
        considering the fact that English or German are pretty much a must nowadays.
        May 21, 2019
      2. cabfe
        cabfe
        "You can't customize the background color of the icons - 1 star" :)
        May 21, 2019
      3. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        It's like we need to Czech everything.
        May 21, 2019
        MushroomCake28 likes this.
    15. Poryg
      Poryg
      So Huawei is embargoed by USA and blacklisted by Google. So does that mean I'll be forced to convert to Samsung in 2 years?
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        Well, since I got my mate p10 lite, I've already had three updates. I think that's sufficient, given the fact that I don't have it for even a year. And while benchmarks may not be as good as with samsung phones (although in the latest tests Xiaomi flagship has won), the price/performance ratio is just better.
        May 22, 2019
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        Samsung relies on its display (and they have really awesome display technology, it's visible on their TVs), Huawei relies on advanced camera. The only bad thing I would say about Huawei phones is, I don't like that they don't allow you to root your phone. I don't root my phones, since I don't need it. But I'd love the user to have this choice.
        May 22, 2019
      4. TWings
        TWings
        Whether it's Samsung or Apple, the prices are way above the used technology and materials. You just pay the brand for the most part (since whatever the price is people will buy it). Lots of smaller companies sell decent phones for 1/3 or even 1/4 the price.
        May 22, 2019
    16. Poryg
      Poryg
      I just love random reviews. "PRO: Discover weekly gives you new songs every week using a great algorithm. CON: Discovery algorithm is bad."
      2. Dreadshadow
        Dreadshadow
        So it depends. This alogrithm becomes better, the more metadata you feed it. Interact with Spotify, press a like when you really like something, pass a song you dislike. It will learn about you.
        May 19, 2019
      3. gstv87
        gstv87
        modern "algorithms" are bordering the invasion of privacy lately.
        last week, I went to watch an episode of Hawaii Five-O, in a website completely unrelated to youtube, and in that episode there was a scene involving a secret door disguised as a wardrobe.
        the same day, hours later, I go to youtube,.... what do I find in my recommendations? "How to build a secret door disguised as a wardrobe".
        ......I kid you not.
        May 19, 2019
        Poryg likes this.
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        @Dreadshadow Naturally, that's how recommended feeds should work, although my question was not literal, it was figurative in context to my status. But thanks for the answer.
        May 19, 2019
        Dreadshadow likes this.
    17. Poryg
      Poryg
      I don't have extremely large feet... But buying shoes is quite difficult for me. My feets' sizes are different from one another :(
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Isn't it normal for your feet to be slightly different sizes? It's meant to be fairly common for different parts of your body to differ in size from one another. I guess it might be a bit of a problem if one foot is vastly larger or smaller than the other foot.
        May 19, 2019
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        Well, you're right, it's natural the body is not symmetrical. But the differences should be minor if the body wants to function properly. Few cm of leg difference are enough to make you limp and can be connected to scoliosis.
        May 19, 2019
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        Feet shouldn't be too different from each other either as it can affect your balance in balance demanding places if too large of a difference. One shoe number of a difference shouldn't be too much of a problem though, it's true it's more of an inconvenience than anything.
        May 19, 2019
    18. Poryg
      Poryg
      Lesson learned. If you want to run indoors, make sure there's proper air circulation in the room.
      1. Artificer likes this.
      3. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        Uh... Outdoor running isn't really any better heat wise. Still recommend it over treadmills any day, best way to do it is get a dog and plan a route that requires crossing a creek halfway. Free, efficient cool off.
        May 19, 2019
      4. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        ...and exercise partner.
        May 19, 2019
      5. Poryg
        Poryg
        If you choose a good enough route, you can find places to cool down though. We have parks with plenty of shadow from trees, which ain't half bad. Running near a river is cooler too.
        May 19, 2019
    19. Poryg
      Poryg
      I'm no doctor, but this nutrition related video looks rather important to me.
      1. Elliott404 likes this.
      3. Kupotepo
        Kupotepo
        @Poryg, sorry I forget about privacy and you are right. I do PM because of my conversation is now about a page or two.
        May 18, 2019
      4. Dreadshadow
        Dreadshadow
        I began as a member, I am a volunteer moderator, as the majority of mods here. It's not just me, it's all of us; Imagine moderators as a team. As a whole entity. We RARELY take action ourselves.
        I think the next question is very odd @Kupotepo. I prefer not to answer. Not to mention that @Poryg is absolutely right. Poryg, you should had pressed that Report button though, and ask for this to stop.
        May 18, 2019
      5. Dreadshadow
        Dreadshadow
        Finally, no. There are NOT hostile situation, neither a fight against ANY member, even when that person gets banned. It is NEVER personal. You got a strange idea on what is what. If someone starts an argument, not to mention a fight with a mod, it is directly against the rules. We do not fight here, we are neither hostile. We end this discussion on Pory's posts now.
        May 18, 2019
    20. Poryg
      Poryg
      I am a rap god. There's no proof my rapping skills even exist, it's only up to you whether you believe in them.
      1. Finnuval and MushroomCake28 like this.
      3. MushroomCake28
        MushroomCake28
        We were just trying to avoid this lol.
        May 13, 2019
      4. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        I believe the rules clearly state that there will be no religious or political discussions. So...yeah.
        May 13, 2019
      5. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        Replace god with UFO. If you actually saw them, but you can't prove it. You either hallucinating or you saw the real one, but the other ppl just haven't seen it yet. But was it real? you don't know.
        May 13, 2019
  • About

Birthday:
    Jul 22, 1996 (Age: 23)
    Lazy pi.... person
    First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Interests:
    Chess

Signature

Instead of searching for a new grass, I will recolor it in Gimp from now on.
    Hue: 108, Saturation: 77, light: -38
    Large plugins
    Save core

Small plugins can be found here
    List of small plugins:
    Event spawner
    Extra event pages (no dedicated thread for it, check Event spawner)
    Fixed leader (no dedicated thread for it, it should be self explanatory)
    Input blocker
    Input blocker KM (no dedicated thread for it, see Input blocker)
    Extended text manager
    Auto skip message
    [​IMG]
    Want to protect your MV resources? Here's a small talk about it!