Poryg
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• My first 4 km outdoor run, yay! Although I'm not happy with the time - 27 min. Need to take it down to 25 or less.
    So far I'm responsible for two bans here afaik. Both for pirated MV. Can't say I'm too proud of it, both were kinda giveaways.
    A courier company that deals with Chinese diplomatic missions requires payment through Walmart money transfer. Oh my gosh :D
    Reactions: standardplayer
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Then once the scammer send the $80 to pay the fee, he emailed him pretending to be his supervisor saying brother so and so has ran off and joined a traveling circus, and stole from us $10000. I am handling all of his contacts now. What was his business with you?
    Kes
    Kes
    Marsigne
    The first time I read it I thought you were into a strange courier company.
    Never expected MSI hardware to give me this much trouble with Linux...
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Interestingly enough, the SSL handshake fails even when I generate a self signed SSL certificate. Arrgh!
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Btw. Just in case you're wondering, any other linux has either jittery graphics (linuxes based on Debian, Fedora and ArchLinux) or screen moved down (linuxes based on OpenSUSE). The only options would be linuxes without GUI like Ubuntu server (I can't even use classic Ubuntu), but hey... That's ridiculous :D
    Marsigne
    Doesn't Linux always give problems?
    After watching Young Sheldon I'm watching The Big Bang Theory for the second time (now in English). So many story inconsistencies there...
    Elliott404
    Elliott404
    It feels like they forgot some details as they were keep going with the series.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    *after he was told owning Uranium for his nuclear reactor was illegal, he made a death ray.
    Elliott404
    Elliott404
    That was extreme lol
    It's always such satisfaction to make people threaten you over consequences of stupid actions they made. :D
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Not really.
    Lornsteyn
    Lornsteyn
    Well as long the criminals bow down to you everything is fine, I guess. ;)
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    People do a decent job of respecting those in charge in most areas. I worked in the computer lab in my college when I was a student there and I was the one who had to kick people out when we closed. Oddly despite being a scrawny kid people listened, and I think that is because they knew I had the power to call security on them.
    Lately I've had fun thinking about useless life advice and just as useless mottos.
    Reactions: Marsigne
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    @Poryg, I did not know that you make a game too because you constantly create more plugins and coding. You are probably a busy person.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    @Kupotepo Currently I don't create anything, I'm barely capable of any reasonable brain activity. My focus is taking a bigger and bigger hit.
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    @Kupotepo, it is that sarcastic lol. It considers ambitious by my standard.
    So, after a years long hiatus I decided to try to compose a MTG green/blue EDH decklist. Let's say it didn't go well.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Nevertheless, what I'm most angry at is the core set. It always served as an introduction for new players. Easy to understand instants and sorceries. Creatures with no effects, only mana cost. And may the best one win. Nowadays it's quite overwhelming for a beginner.
    OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    The main problem is that it's a very slippery slope in terms of who wins and who loses. When people win, they get free prize packs, which in turn gives them better cards, which in terms leads them to build more expensive decks for free, which in turn leads to them winning tournaments, which in turn leads them to more prize packs... you see where I'm going with this?
    Poryg
    Poryg
    But we cannot give all equal stuff. Nobody would try.
    So, someone who apparently has a well paying job and sent me just a hi two years ago suddenly asks me for one grand USD for speakers.
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    @Poryg, the currency rate is that the reason. If I exchange USD or Euro to a local currency, it is a lot of money.

@MushroomCake28, yeah the old trick of Nigeria royal member scam.
    OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    Tell her you only except real live sex as payment. And that, the girl better be hot.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Lol Omni. Reminds me when I requested hot materials from a scammer and she told me she was a Christian and would never do something impure like that (guess stealing is fine with African Christians :D).
    I finally begun to conceptualize my dream strategy game. The features I want there make it very difficult to balance though ;_;
    Poryg
    Poryg
    I want to eliminate these cheeses. Paying tribute will only be an option if the stronger side is at war, otherwise he'll just attack you and it'll be up to you to try to find your allies, since relations won't play a role in the game.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    The AI will judge based on profitability. It will be more prone to ganging up against the strongest guy to try to curb their strength, like in Master of Orion, although it won't threaten you two times before attacking.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    I intend to reduce the number of techs available. Due to modular ship design there also won't be any Corvette or Dreadnought class ships, so the AI won't favor certain tech tree.
    Wow! The mom of one of the scammers is from Chernarus... What a coincidence! The scammer has a mom that doesn't exist.
    FleshToDust
    FleshToDust
    You've got a lot of time on your hands.
    FleshToDust
    FleshToDust
    Don't know why you bother. You could just ignore them and use that time for something much more profitable to you.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    I don't lose that much time over that to be frank, I do it when I'm having a break. Which has been for the last two months practically anytime I wasn't at work.
    So, after cutting myself with a dull razor deeper than I'd like I bought an electric shaver. Looks like I did not choose well though.
    When you say "I hate *insert any large group of anything*, somehow people take it as if you'd hate the entire group. Why can't they...
    Reactions: Marsigne
    Marsigne
    I agree with both here. :p
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    because the opposite word of like is dislike? not hate?
    Poryg
    Poryg
    But to be honest, people tend to treat even the "love" figuratively... But say "hate" and you'll receive dozens of concrete examples, sometimes one more ridiculous than the other just "to prove a point".
    Seeing how children react to me being myself/or realistic, sometimes it makes me question why people exaggerate their behavior around them.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Probably because they are boring, or at least think they are. Dont understand it though, all it does is make the kid feel you dont take them seriously, and if you dont then why should they take anything you have to say seriously either?
    watermark
    watermark
    Well...I wouldn't say exaggerate, but rather sometimes we clown around because kids, especially little ones, find silly acts and physical comedy hilarious. It's joyful to make kids laugh with stuff that would get you only eye rolls from adults. :p
    Marsigne
    They're searching for answers, but I'll sheath my sword and-
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Almost 100,000 Threads! We should make a celebration. Make a 100K logo? :p
Cursed problem: Multiple language switches. Say, you want to switch to EN language from JP but you have no idea where the language switch in JP menu language.
Tonight I'm finally going to start putting the dungeons my team has made on grid paper into the engine. That's the final step of making the game world.
Yay! My new Doomsday machine..... er... "Heroic" machine is ready!
//pushes button :LZSexcite:
Uh oh what's that rumbling?!
// Game explodes :kaoback:
That's the fourth time this week! :kaolivid:
// Gets to work building next "Heroic" Machine. :LZSskeptic:
I was just reflecting back on an old project of mine. I was creating a Wizardry-like game but with a little more complexity. It was being made with RPG Maker VX Ace.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naht