Poryg
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I always admire how Muslims can handle a month with no food. I collapse even just after two days with not enough food.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Apparently, they can't have sex during this time, either. Fasting of all things. Too much fasting can be dangerous, but it in moderation can help discipline the mind. It has, and still is, used a lot in Christianity; probably not too many practitioners in the West anymore, though.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Yeah, it's also including hold back your lust. I'd say it's good once for a while.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    I'd agree with you, @TheoAllen. Being able to keep your urges and instincts in check is a good thing, in my opinion.
    How to make a stream awkward: Meet your former schoolmate.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    A pseudoclever weirdo to say it simply. He wanted to be interesting, so he had like 5 made up sicknesses and even got some advantages at school thanks to something.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    We were friends once, but the fact that he made a let's play channel and de facto that was the only thing he spoke of I kind of got fed up with it. In retrospect though, at least he has managed to make something... Unlike me.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    And the made up stuff and lies to be interesting was like a nail in the coffin. He has grown up from that and although he is still difficult to talk to, I can't say I hold anything against him now.
    Ran 3.4 km. Walked up almost 2 skyscrapers worth of stairs (more than 1700). And boom, burned more than 500 calories on the whim.
    Reactions: BloodletterQ
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Interestingly enough, walking uphill is more efficient for weight loss than running straight without speeding up your breath. I will still do both though. One to get in better shape, one to get my leg muscles back.
    I always wonder why Caroline alias GLaDOS tries to kill everyone with neurotoxin. Inviting them to a party and serving her cake seems like
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Yes, it really does! So, to answer seriously, I always thought that there must be some safety protocols in place that she can't get past, so she has to use other methods for killing. And, to be fair, she uses lots of other ways to kill people. There's deadly gunk, perilous falls, guns, lasers, putting people in ovens, and more. Neurotoxin seems to have been her more successful.
    gstv87
    gstv87
    forget Glados.... what kind of scientist puts the neurotoxin container in the same system as the air conditioning!?
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Cave Johnson, apparently.
    How am I so good in turn based RPGs? I play them wrong I guess. I don't play them as turn based RPGs, but as an unique kind of math puzzles.
    Reactions: Artificer
    Amarok
    Amarok
    i got into "losing is fun" roguelikes for that reason, if there is no challenge from the system just make it random, but in a good way.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    I don't really like too much randomness either. I'd just love a greater challenge than developing one key that drags me through the entire game. And that can be achieved for example by skills that are more complex than mere damage for mana cost.
    Amarok
    Amarok
    yeah cant deal with too oldschool turn based systems these days, at least add something like being able to make combos or some other rewarding gimmick.
    Reactions: Poryg
    Searching around stuff around body building is fun. Example: If you use pre-workout supplements, you need to swap them often. No wonder...
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Most of them use quite extreme dosages of caffeine, so the body gets used to them pretty fast.
    Quite a successful day. I fixed a bug, I cut my hair and I took some time in a gym. Now I'm so tired...
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Mine was too on my first try. But on my second try the hair is nearly perfect. You don't cut excessively deep with the scissors, because the purpose of them is just to shorten the hair so the machine has easier work.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    On try number two I got several improvements. One: I let my hair get slightly greasy. This way I had no problems with longer hair that wanted to escape. It's a bit uncomfortable to touch, but I'm not a comfy man.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Two: I used a portable mirror instead of my hands to guess where I should cut. And I spent 90 minutes cutting my hair. It's almost perfect, only at the back it could be better.
    Reactions: ??????
    In past I used to not place too much worth in puzzle games. However, nowadays I'm surprised how the skills gained from puzzles help me.
    I wonder why some girl hit the gyms if all they do there is just sit there and have a chit chat. A café is much better for it.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Note: When I say for a woman, I don't say women are incapable of that, I just say that it's rather unusual. After all, among the gym's regulars there were both male and female world champions. But that woman wasn't a champion and neither was she famous in this kind of world. She was just there with a guy friend/boyfriend/husband.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    I bet if I weren't sick I'd be like that. I've always been unusually strong for my size. I build muscle fast and it takes a long time to atrophy, even now I could lift my brothers with no problem and I spend most of my time in bed due to exhaustion from my illness.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    That girl sounds awesome. But I get why that would be a blow to some people's ego.
    Some trends of these days are just despicable. For ecample "Learn a language"... Teaches you only 1000 common phrases.
    Reactions: Finnuval
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    And 900 of them are swear words?
    ??????
    ??????
    To be fair, I could teach you how to speak javascript in less than 100 keywords - its more about the nuances of the syntax within the language :p
    Reactions: Poryg
    Poryg
    Poryg
    For some reason my shoulder keeps on popping and pain shoots through whole arm. I'm pondering if it goes away or I need amputation.
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Yeah I said the same thing before ending up in hospital for 5 days almost dead :p just take care
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    @Poryg, Do you live in the Czech Republic? You can cross to Germany or Austria if you do not like nearly hospitals. Petty sure in they have a high tech there.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    My search query: "How to make caffeine". Google: Did you mean "How to make cocaine"? Sometimes you just have to love Google for its humour.
    If your child's room is a mess, there is no need to be angry at him. After all, it has its advantages. Less stuff breaks from falling.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Since it ringed in your head that you did something wrong, I guess it worked, although if you want to be a messy guy, you still mustn't forget that being messy is a huge responsibility.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Now that I see it again, it looks more offensive than a mere joke... Sorry about that. :D
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Ever stepped out of bed and onto a piece of Lego barefoot? That'll change your tune :p
    Reactions: Kwerty
    Uvcmswasc. It may look like a set of random letters, but it is not. Although I'm not sure there are any cryptography enthusiasts here...
    Blackyu
    Blackyu
    *that trying to solve the substitution would mean searching through 2^26 combinations. I don't think I'm curious enough to do that
    First part was sent cause I mistyped on the Tab key.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Well, since the key is shorter than the number of letters in the sentence, the key can be derived. Vigenere cipher has been broken for a long while after all :D
    Blackyu
    Blackyu
    Huh, Vigenère. Neat.
    I tried to see if I could get anything from "uvcmswasc" by using key "poryg", got "fhlomhmbe". Actually a pretty satisfying result.
    Well, I hate to admit it... But it's time to hit the gym again. However, this time I'll try to find one I won't have 90 min travels to.
    Yugioh anime kind of tells me that it could be fun to have a cardgame where you don't have a random hand, but preorder your cards.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    I think you didn't read my post properly :p :D
    Milennin
    Milennin
    That's how RPG's work, where you have access to your full skill list from the start as long you got the MP. All it requires is offering skills that interact with each other so it provides interesting choices to be made.
    FleshToDust
    FleshToDust
    Not very hard to make a card game. Just time consuming.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I posted a funny gag reel of Drifty's video's here, but realized it was probably too riskay, so I deleted it, oops, lol.
Another room (actually other half of previous room)
What should I focus on today?

Character Portraits?
OR
Mapping?
Alright, I think I've got tired of VXAce. I guess I will jump to MV.
Just had a stranger SPRINT away from me in the grocery store. Talk about overreaction...
...I don't think I'm that ugly! ^-^

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrogScholar