Poryg
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• If I manage to solve my issues with resolution and sound, Linux will be my new favorite OS. RPG maker MV with almost zero stutter? :o
    Poryg
    Poryg
    I will hopefully never buy a Mac. I'm not fond of Macs, because ever since Steve Jobs died, Apple has gone backwards. Macbooks are ridiculously overpriced for the hardware they offer. But I can't deny you're right with linux having problems. I have bought an MSI motherboard and MSI GPU... Only to find later that MSI collides with Linux a great deal. Debian was the only linux system that has ever passed.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Nevertheless, while on Windows I could set my resolution as high as 2560x1200 (although the recommended one was 1920x1080), it looks like I'll end up with 1360x768 on the linux. I've tried everything I could, but can't set up the 1080p res, which makes me kind of sad (because on 1360x768 everything is so big on this monitor). It has an advantage that I can sit further back, but still...
    Poryg
    Poryg
    But I have to say that I really enjoy Debian. Because... On Windows I always had 40% RAM usage if I launched Chrome. And it wasn't because Chrome takes a large chunk of RAM, because Chrome took only 13% of it. Currently on Linux my CPU usage is consistently low and my RAM usage is finally low as well.
    To try to restore windows or not to try to restore windows? That is the question. I've finally gotten Debian to work with net connection.
    I think I need a vacation... For every day a day of vacation. So much stress lately, so little rest.
    Reactions: BadLittleSeed
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Poryg So you have to apply to take time off work like other forms of benefit? That sucks.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Not really. We have sick days and work incapacitation. Sick days are time off in case we are sick. We can ask for that. As for the work incapacitation, that's given to us by law, however it requires an acknowledgement from the doctor that you're sick.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    The first one is only a benefit, because, let's say, 2 weeks a year you have 100% paid sick days. You don't receive full salary when you're incapacitated though. You receive 60% of your salary for the first 15 days when you're out of work due to sickness.
    In 2018 I was worried that I'd end on the streets if I didn't find a job. Why can't my brother understand the same fate awaits him?
    Traveling Bard
    Traveling Bard
    Sometimes family is just too close to give advice. Sometimes people don't listen to the wisdom of their parents, grandparents, or even older siblings just because they are family. It's not logical but it's just how it is when you're young. You don't value such wisdom until you're old enough to recognize it for what it is. I wish I paid more attention when my folks were teaching me things...
    Traveling Bard
    Traveling Bard
    Last point, turns out my brother was severely depressed after my folks died. He didn't understand that until later in life though. He felt betrayed because they would say that they wouldn't leave him alone and then they died... he was ~18-19 when that happened. Perhaps that's why he acted like he did at the time. It might have been his way of coping with the loss. Hope this experience helps you in yours somehow.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Traveling Bard Thanks for sharing your experiences with us. Depression can manifest in so many ways, and is not always so easy to see. We may not know that depression is influencing us, either. @Poryg Perhaps, as I said earlier, your brother needs a different kind of help.
    Welp, my $1250 PC is out of order. If I ever manage to get windows working on it again, no idea.
    samkfj
    samkfj
    C'mon man! You got this!
    Poryg
    Poryg
    I'll say that once I have a stable computer up and running. I'm not giving up though. Not yet. Do ypou know of a good linux builf you can recommend?
    samkfj
    samkfj
    No--but I know a guy. Lemme see what I can get from him.
    Installing Linux on my computer... Not going too well so far, I have problems making a bootable USB drive.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    I have made progress. Windows is incapable of formatting the data that contains windows installation, so I'm going to have to blow up the entire hard drive.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Great, windows won't even install. God frikkin' briliant!
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Error 0x80070570. A mysterious error that haunts me for no reason, considering the installation of the same windows system on the same drive once passed.
    Just when I thought the loading part of my engine was complete... I found Howler doesn't read loop metatags by default! :(
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Not just howler, in fact no audio handling plugin I can think of. Well, time to learn how to extract these metatags. Luckily it's not too difficult.
    So I finally learned how to take a snapshot of the entire map. Not that it matters though, I'm not going to release a mapshot plugin :D
    BadLittleSeed
    BadLittleSeed
    Haha, yes! Feed the plant! :D
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Actually, I haven't made a plugin. I have only learned how to make it in MV engine. And I don't want to just make it, since unless I add some new functionalities to it, it'd be pointless. There's already Orange overlay, which takes a snapshot of the map and saves it along with several customizable attribs.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    I'd have to add some other functionalities to make the plugin feasible for a release. Otherwise it'd just be two plugins doing exactly the same, although not in the same way.
    So I have decided to get a password manager after my 24 letters long password was cracked in less than a week on eBay. Like WUT?
    samkfj
    samkfj
    Makes me wonder though--how could it have been broken so easily then? Maybe it was a keylogger, or maybe someone has their eye on you. Time to stab some fools, bro.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    If I had a keylogger on me, then my PayPal, my bank account... And other servers would have already been attacked. So I don't think it would be a keylogger.
    samkfj
    samkfj
    Hmm--it makes no sense. I mean--to brute force a password like that--it should take longer than a week to crack. Very strange.
    Reactions: mlogan
    In past we used to have to do some work if we wanted to verify if information was true. Now we often don't have to, yet many won't bother.
    mobiusclimber
    mobiusclimber
    People like to say they're entitled to their opinion, but how can you have an opinion on something if you don't have the facts?
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Prejudice/jumping to conclusions. It's a mental shortcut human brain creates, because it's incapable of processing large amounts of information.
    Vance Raehart
    Vance Raehart
    It makes me angry how stupid we are as a species collectively. I Would say its not that we know the facts, but we just don't want to hear it. it contradicts what we believe to begin with and us humans don't like that.
    I have finally learned what I'd been trying to learn for a while... How to save snapshots in an MV game.
    MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    and how do you do that? I also asked myself that same question once.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    I've made a plugin that does it, because somebody requested such a plugin. It's in my small plugins on github, link's in my signature. Nevertheless, I'll explain it in greater detail in a PM, bcos comments can't cover it really well.
    MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    Alright!
    After spending so much time with that goddamn bug I finally managed to find it. Luckily it wasn't a silly bug this time, but a real problem.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    @VeryXInh actually, if it's a silly bug, then spending a long time figuring out feels embarassing. When the bug comes from a real problem, it's rewarding.
    VeryXInh
    VeryXInh
    so was it a bug come from the engine you're developing?
    Poryg
    Poryg
    No, that was a commission. For some reason I couldn't draw any contents on Window_Selectable prototypes from certain width onwards. In the end I found the culprit. Unlike other windows, Window_Selectable prototypes don't automatically resize contents bitmap.
    My brain is overheating. Chess is really hard sometimes...
    Reactions: Finnuval and samkfj
    Sharm
    Sharm
    It's kind of essential. Hormones do tons of stuff, things people don't even associate with them. If I were you I wouldn't put off seeking help, especially since there's a fairly straightforward fix.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    I'm not entirely sure if I honestly want that to be honest. These betablockers and past experiences have raised a red flag. Not to mention, testosterone pills aren't the cheapest...
    Sharm
    Sharm
    I get it. No matter what, I wish you well and happy. I hope taking yourself away from the stress is enough.
    Alright, don't come near me for at least two hours. I'm a fire-breathing dragon currently.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    For example due to computerization of many things we can now even wage a cyber warfare, taking down entire power plants, hospitals and even military targets. Pentagon, Russia and China employ hackers for both aggression and defence.
    samkfj
    samkfj
    I remember seeing a documentary on that. It's really kinda scary how everything is tied by the internet.

Though I wouldn't want to know someone took out a hospital... that'd be horrible.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Yes. That would be terrible.
    Nevertheless, back in 2010-2013 hacker and malware maker communities used to thrive on the internet. But now as the general interest for hacking is increasing (especially by script kiddos), they have been forced to move to underground. Nowadays most hacker communities are on darknet and are invite only or dead.
    Reactions: samkfj
    You are right bro :) RPG maker 95 was a first one what based on MS Windows.
    I just had a chance of seeking the RPG Dante 98.
    Over 600 owned games and 800 owned DLC... Well, when I first created my Steam account, I would never have had guessed it'd inflate so much.
    Reactions: Finnuval
    samkfj
    samkfj
    I still remember--when Counter-Strike was the only game I had on steam for a long time.
    NinjaKittyProductions
    NinjaKittyProductions
    I understand. I am currently sitting at 580... mostly indie games though. Only about 20% have been played >_<.
    FleshToDust
    FleshToDust
    I've got MV and 3 wizardry games.
    Finally have my knife! It's a beautiful piece of work ^_^
    I guess I'm weird. Yesterday I bought and played some Mirror's edge. What I like the most about it? The protagonist's breathing.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Got the scam again this morning... Maybe a tirade will work better.
Anyway, I'm taking off for Orlando tomorrow. My train leaves at 1:27 and the Wi-Fi on the train is TERRIBLE. Of course, I can't wait to see Dad. I haven't seen him since PTSD treatment. Maybe he'll take me to Aquatica after Halloween!
grief... when ONE plugin is causing a range of issues lol. but then you realize it's the only plugin of it's kind and you don't have a replacement for it lol. oof
the "Run and Hydlide" Update is now live for my game "A Postmortem Nation"

I'll be back soon, reality is trying to capture me but I'm faster!
Mother-in-laws....(eye roll)

Was playing a little Stardew Valley, (haven't in ages) and she comes around and asks, 'oh, whatever happened to those pixel art you were suppose to be doing, pretending you were going to be selling... to nobody.'

Good morning to you too. Ugh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LTG_Serraphye