Poryg
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Germany's Enigma had one weakness. A letter could never become itself upon encryption. Without it it'd be an unbreakable cipher. Hmm, let's
    Blackyu
    Blackyu
    Oh wow. Let's rent a cheap scripted server and create a mysterious network that does creepy things and sends cryptic messages.
    We'd be Cicada 3301 levels of mysterious but our secret would be that we're actually just normal people.
    ...Or are we ?
    Reactions: Poryg
    Poryg
    Poryg
    It is completely enough to get free server hosting or something and advertise it :D
    Blackyu
    Blackyu
    As long as I get to post cryptic images and videos accompanied by some hardly decipherable messages, then I'm okay with that ! =D
    I just love it how almost everytime I need to pay online, I have to save my credit card... But then can't pay with the card, because it...
    Reactions: Hollow 1977
    Hollow 1977
    Hollow 1977
    So in essence the bank is keeping you from spending your own money.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    The bank doesn't, I used to be able to pay on google playstore when I had an option to require password for payments. Now despite me not setting that up, I can't, because the store automatically asks the saved card. The defence mechanism is there to prevent stolen cards from getting sucked out dry.
    Hollow 1977
    Hollow 1977
    Have you contacted customer service? I would hope there would be a way to resolve this? Hopefully you have a alternate method to use.
    Four consecutive 12h night shifts... How am I goi g to survive them...
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    Become nocturnal?
    Kaeki
    Kaeki
    Do you have coffee equipped? If not grab a few, but not too many you get jittery! Drinking cold water should also snap you awake a bit. Good luck...
    starlight dream
    starlight dream
    I think you've figured out the way...
    It's always funny when people say "I don't understand programming" yet make games in RPG maker. RPG maker (well, any decent game making soft
    Poryg
    Poryg
    I know what "No programming knowledge needed" means perfectly well. But I guess you're still overlooking the fact that I did not talk about knowledge... Not a single time until you begun to mention it. There's a difference between the meanings of words "knowledge" and "understanding".
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    You got point... but, I only looked at the word 'neither' which I assume that you werent trying to be funny, neither know what it means.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Sorry, I misread the sentence :D (I thought you said something like "Do you not understand the meaning of...")
    My hair has started receding :( I'm too young for that! ;_;
    slimmmeiske2
    slimmmeiske2
    If it helps soften the blow, I had my first grey hair when I was 16.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    I had grey hsir even sooner, it lacks nutrients. Black hair is not that uncommon, especially nowadays. But receding hair cam potentially end up being bald.
    samkfj
    samkfj
    It's a sign of wisdom. Own it!
    Too tired to continue in my commissions at reasonable speed, so continuing with my engine. Goes slow as hell, but finally managed to...
    Reactions: Marsigne
    Poryg
    Poryg
    I didn't do anything out of the ordinary, I just studied how MV's default engine decrypts the encrypted assets after it loads them and then transformed the code into spmething somewhat simpler.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    The code of how MV decrypts assets and how my engine will decrypt assets will be pretty similar, because there's not too much room for differences. However, my code will be a bit simpler and will drop one error check I found kind of useless to check.
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    @Poryg, thank you for the lengthy explanation. I got it. You try to create your owed plugin.
    Async loading can really make resource handling complicated... Especially with MV's encryption involved. GAH! Why can't the XHR return!
    Poryg
    Poryg
    It wouldn't be a big deal if we were dealing with just images and music in raw formats. But many dlc require encryption, so I need to create an asynchronous loader that will load, decrypt and then somehow assign it to a particular variable.
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    Thank you for explaining me, even though you do not have; you are polite enough to explain it for me.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Welcome. It's for an engine for MV I'm making, so I need to make sure all features I add in are justified and explained well :)
    Thank you again for your help with my problem! :kaopride:
    Poryg
    Poryg
    It's sweet of you, but there's no need to thank on the person's profile. If everybody did it, we'd see nothing else than thank you messages :D
    Eset doesn't support Paypal as payment option... So I went to buy it from my local IT retailer.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Eset pays rent and employees as well. It's the only av coded in assembly, so it pays its programmers well. It just has slightly higher margin than the local retailer had. Not too much higher though, my "profit" was negligoble.
    Kes
    Kes
    Whatever the price, Eset is the best, imo.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Eset is slower compared to Kaspersky and Bitdefender and has slightly worse detection rate, but it is much easier on the cpu compared to them. So it's my preferred av as well. The only bad thing is, their secure browser messes up my audio and video codecs.
    It's also my av of preference due to the fact that the features are clearly described.
    Someone explain me why do I spend money on MV assets and animation programs when I don't even make games....
    Poryg
    Poryg
    I'm an utilitarist and pragmatist, I usually don't buy stuff I don't find useful in any way.
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    @Poryg, consumerism = the advisements you are exposed to by email, website, and social media.
    Even, the most rationalist person on Earth will once a while do something irrational. I believe a human is composed of rational and irrational(emotional). If we are rational and logical alway the time, we will need to call ourselves a robot.
    Gamefall Team
    Gamefall Team
    I have a graphic designer that works with me, but I always curious about new packages lol
    I'm shocked by how much privacy we've lost... Not just on the internet, but also in modern apartments. It may be pleasant, but it should...
    I used to think I was a complete idiot when it came to design of roads. But turns out I'm much smarter than those profesaionals who...
    Reactions: Marsigne
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Hehe. The unincorporated town where I lives infrastructure is so bad that the main road bisecting the court is the exact same as it was 180 years ago when the town was founded. Rather than change the layout for cars they just paved over the old horse and buggy roads and kept the same layout through the centuries. This is okay except we get a lot of 18 wheeler through traffic, fun to watch
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Those guys back up, inch forward, and back up and inch forward as they try to navigate around the square, stalling traffic for 5-10 minutes just to turn two corners.
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    @Poryg, I think that why an experiment should be test on the testing site, not the actual place of installation. That is just a not careful planning.
    Javascript has prepared another landmine for me... God bless recursion for its confusing behavior in JS.
    Kyuukon
    Kyuukon
    hm... maybe that's what happened. I thought JS had a limit or something like that...
    Poryg
    Poryg
    This would be for example correct:
    function foo(bar) {
    if (bar == 1) return bar;
    else return bar * foo(bar - 1);
    }
    Poryg
    Poryg
    JS has a limit, but when you reach it, it will throw an error. The reason why this is done is, among other things, to prevent buffer overflow (a security weakness a hacker could exploit).
    I wonder why do I have so much trouble falling asleep after a night shift when I did not have any trouble after gaming all night.
    OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    Because when you work, your body is sorta telling you that it wants to wind down and relax, where as you are gaming so you are already relaxed.
    GoodSelf
    GoodSelf
    I feel this way too. I have to get a least a little bit of personal activity in before bed, otherwise I toss and turn cause I don't feel productive. Like, my body still wants to do something.
    My new workplace is a complex of buildings full of people with a ton of money. A treasure hunter wouldn't be bored there for sure.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Thief actually would, we had a visit by a thief not that long ago (night before my first night there). The only damage was broken lock and broken glass from a car. Nothing was stolen whatsoever.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    @OmnislashXX pretty sure treasure Hunter is just politically correct jargon for thief anyway.

@Poryg you still working security or found something else to do? Either way congrats on new workplace.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Still security, but this time with decent pay.
    I would love to see a game inspired by Oracle's cave... But not sure if its randomness wouldn't make everyone angry in 2018...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Version Fille in english is now complete!
Download the game on itch.io:
Talk about it here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/120802/

Enjoy and share!
3am me was like.... Hey buddy, what if I told you, where we're going we don't need events? :LZSwink:
5pm me is like.... Was 3am me onto something? No! Must work on actual gameplay! Rabbit hole bad! :kaoback:
I'm thinking of having a scavenger-based way to learn advanced skills in my first game, and use the work I did for figuring out a skill grid/maze instead for an optional dungeon in the game.
Why must 3dmv be so complicated.....Because....it couldnt possibly be that im just dumb...nono, its the plugin ''nods'' :p
I'm working on a Yume Nikki fangame called "Yellow Sails" with two friends, for the "Dream Diary Jam 4" event.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ohsoyu