Poryg
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Yesterday was a torture at work. 12 hour shift in front of an empty garage and I felt a huge urge to pat a girl on her head...
    Eset is my favorite antivirus :)
    Reactions: Marsigne
    Poryg
    Poryg
    That's nice. I wonder, does Eset have discounts and sales? I often see them only for android and one year contracts.
    Not that I'd mind purchasing it for the full price though :D
    Kes
    Kes
    Yes they do, they have a 25% discount at the moment with a 2 year contract.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    I see. Well, I have no pc right now anyway, so cannot do anything about it. But I guess I'll go for the full 3 year one this time when I get one.
    having a cold sucks. Having a cold in June sucks even more.
    I want to die... 12h shifts, nothing to do there and I'm not even allowed to study in the worktime. #logic
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Nevertheless, they can stick their stupid restrictions up their butthole. I have learned a couple of very important things about c++ there :p :D
    And since we're currently heavily understaffed, I don't even worry about getting kicked.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Sounds like the call center I used to work at, no one called after 8 pm but they wanted us to not study or do anything on the side. Of course, the night supervisor thought that rule was utterly stupid too, so...
    Poryg
    Poryg
    This is guarding in front of a construction site. In practice though, especially in front of garage, there's very little amount of work. For example I had to spend 12 hours staring at a completely deserted garage. I couldn't even close it, because it has to be open till 6.
    After being really angry with c++ video tutorials I've decided to get myself a book. 2000+ pages of c++ basics.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    learncpp and cppprogramming are the only two sites with useful tutorials. But video tutorials and even video tutorial series out there are really terrible. Like they call it beginner to advanced, but if a book that is over 2000 pages long only covers the basics, I doubt it would be beginner to advanced :D
    @The Stranger That's exactly the book I'm reading right now.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Although I also got myself programming principles in practice using c++ as well. This book contains much more info :)
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    *cybermental hugs*
    TFW the biggest excitement in your 12h shift is a passerby saying "I saw a vaccum cleaner, so I thought 'Ah, that's a vacuum cleaner!'"
    Poryg
    Poryg
    In other words the 12h shift was completely pointless. Yet I still had to fulfill my duty... Staring into empty space and hoping I don't fall asleep from the emptiness.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    You found a job eh? What kind of job?
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Security guard in a construction site. Underpaid as hell, but not much work. Except it's brutally chaotic, you don't know what you're supposed to do and in weekends it's hard to not fall asleep.
    C++ is finally starting to make some sense to me. I finally understand how dynamic memory allocation and pointers work.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    That's normal. C and C++ compile into machine code, so they need to have a main function and use header files :D
    Poryg
    Poryg
    If you were to see assembly code, then you'd be even more shocked :D Still, it's better than cobol and algol.
    Marsigne
    Marsigne
    LOL, cobol looks very strict, and abgol looks like mathematical equations.
    Whenever I see naked children, I always envy them so much. If I take off even just my top, I cause outrage. Good times never come back...
    Reactions: KanaX
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Actually, I wasn't aroused. I was just way too eager to explore. In fact none of the children in the group behaved like that. My kindergarten teacher therefore saw my behavior as unusual and while she never told me anything, she eagerly reported the stuff to mom... She just said "so what? It's normal." to everything like that.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    One day she had to tell her how she found me alone with a girl in the bathrooms. And when my mom asked what did we do... "They were chatting." :D Which we were, we were friends and spent a lot of time alone together. And bathrooms were our favorite to sneak to, because there was very little traffic due to forced breaks and stuff.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    As for when I'm in a position to see naked children, it is always random. Usually it's either around rivers or in gardens/terraces or balconies though. In other words no unusual places, but the fact that they are and can be shameless in front of the whole world never stops intriguing me.
    TFW you have to get up very early, take a bath at late night and warm water's not working...
    Found a new way to defuse keyboard warriors. First key is that you can't be bad to them. Don't play their game and insult them directly.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    @Tai_MT Allow me to explain the difference between a keyboard warrior and a troll.
    If I sneak behind you for two minutes in counter-strike instead of outright killing you, that is trolling. In short you gave me a way to make fun of you and I exploited it. In speech I oftentimes troll people by "taking something seriously" and twisting meanings where the context allows me.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    A keyboard warrior is someone who most commonly spits insults left and right, but in short does whatever he can to ruin other people's day. Apart from youtube it's been popular to use rage hacks in shooters or take people out in racing games. These people wouldn't have the guts to do something irl, but because they are protected by the internet, they act all "tough". Hence why the term 'keyboard warrior'.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Although it's true that since violence is outright banned, people are now becoming more and more cocky. The NHL proves this point - you do something bad, you'll get punched. Keeps the sport humble.
    I wonder why all good songs are so short...
    Reactions: Sauteed_Onion
    starlight dream
    starlight dream
    :) Can't control our tastes, they are what they are.
    Have you been doing any compositions?
    And of course when it comes to music, every song or piece is different. Liking a style doesn't mean liking all that falls in it.
    Reactions: Poryg
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Actually, I didn't try to compose. I have bought a course, but too busy for it :(
    starlight dream
    starlight dream
    All in good time :)
    I love javascript. But seriously, css is hell. Not due to difficulty, it's easy. But the styling takes so much time... Back to PIXI.
    Reactions: starlight dream
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Then I spend 20 minutes thinking how to place that div so that it is in the right place, have to resort to absolute positioning in the end... And that's where all hell breaks loose.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    With pixi I just set X and Y coordinates and it just works. No hell with trying to reposition stuff so that it goes to the left instead of being like 200 pixels offset for no known reason.
    Frogboy
    Frogboy
    CSS Grid is great for layout if you have the option to use them.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just a little close up shot...
w2xZocX.jpg
finally drew the last member of "team outcast" for my game. since my game has a lot fighting game elements in it, there's bosses in teams of three like King of Fighters.
Run Script Calls & Play Unique Sound Effects With Each Skill & Item | RPG Maker News #113

Let's continue making our game in MZ! Touchfuzzy is... still eventing... though this time we may be working on eventing some tutorial stuff for our players!

I work late on the game so I sleep in then I wake up late so I have to work hard to make up for sleeping in meaning I work late again and sleep in again... what a nasty cycle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrimCr