Poryg
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• It's not been too long since I brought my keyboard home. WSAD keys already showing signs of use due to scratched rubber, arrows all clear.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Looks like I use arrows less than I should xD
    I'd always been saying "1 euro will not hurt me." Well, not anymore. Few days ago I found that having 1 euro extra hurt me pretty badly.
    Hudell
    Hudell
    I once bought a steam bundle because it had some games I wanted. Along with the games came a software that I didn't care about.
    One month later Steam tried to charge me with the monthly subscription fee for that software, but luckily I had just used all of my credit card limit to buy something else.
    Hudell
    Hudell
    I reached out to steam and they said: "well, it says on the software store page that it is subscription based". I replied saying that the bundle page didn't say anything and they just said: "thank you for your feedback".
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Yeah, unfortunately I have my monthly limit set too high, so it didn't save me :(
    God dammit... Why has everything been screwing me over lately?
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Sometimes it's just too much misfortune at once though...
    peq42_
    peq42_
    It means that you're stronger than you think. No challenges in life come before you're ready enough to face them.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    I'm tempted to stop telling employers about my arrhythmia and slightly overdose myself with beta blockers to push down the heart rate during checkup just to get some work. Desperate times call for desperate measures sometimes...
    I made whole 20 lines of code in my commission. Then my computer became completely unusable.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Luckily overwriting drivers never happens to me :D Although once Windows detonated my sound drivers and I had to reinstall them.
    Still, the worst thing on updates is that everything updates at once. And in times when you least need that for some reason.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Windows went nuts on me the other day... the antimalware service kept scanning the C drive so hard it would make it be using 100% of its read/write capability. I did the only sensible thing. Nuked Windows from orbit. ...now I have functional Windows, but almost none of my programs. =\
    Poryg
    Poryg
    I use Avast, so the default Windows antimalware service shuts up, since it detects an antivirus. However, whenever Avast decides to update, it's also a very tedious time.
    Reactions: starlight dream
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Yay! now you can type my name
    Poryg
    Poryg
    @TheoAllen I always could. The keys worked, just often didn't type. And I had much bigger problems with typing uppercase letters than lowercase ones, but for some reason only the letters in question.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Ans currently everything in my computer is doing unscheduled updates, because yesterday there was a windows update that broke my machine, so it had to revert to the previous version, which nullified all updates that went on yesterday, including all updates of programs.
    See you in six months, my glorious beard ;_;;_;
    40 down, 60 to go. Puzzles are getting harder, but I'll beat Huniepop's alpha mode one day! (Disclaimer: An R-18 match 3-kind puzzle game)
    OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    Censorship usually bothers me because I'm a completionist. Censored material tends to have edited or missing scenes, sometimes to a point that it doesn't make sense and that drives me crazy.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Depends. If these missing scenes don't alter the story in any case, like the CG in our case, I don't mind. But yeah, you don't need censorship to be missing important scenes (Clannad received my negative review due to the Steam version being completely ruined! Many scenes missing, dialog completely changed! :() @starlight dream Don't worry, not an R rated game :)
    Poryg
    Poryg
    But yeah, censorship is very mean. I don't mind missing CG, since it's CG and CG doesn't interfere with the main story at all. But yeah, I definitely hate unnatural steam, unnatural beams of light, blurs, unnatural black stripes/black areas and anime logos just to hide stuff (ordered from the least to the most hated). I'm not into that stuff, but censorship is too disturbing.
    So, after I had 5 busy weekdays, I had yesterday when I couldn't focus and today I'm tired as hell... Will I ever be able program again? :D
    Reactions: starlight dream
    Poryg
    Poryg
    And as a present I'll gain headphones worth 300 czk... With an USB connection. Talk about worthless gift, since I only have 2 USB ports and one of them is already occupied by my mouse :D
    Shaz
    Shaz
    You get times like that. Maybe just take a break and do something else until you feel rested / enthusiastic again?
    starlight dream
    starlight dream
    If you managed to include lots of gaming and shopping it's a pretty full week-end! :p (I've done way less so far:D)
    It takes a while to adjust to new schedules, and discovering what it does to your energy. Your body will adjust to it with a bit of repetition^^
    Yesterday's job interview was a waste of time. I came and the first question that came at me was "Does interview dress code say anything?"
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Nothing you said was meant to translate to that. But when I get confident, I go berserk. I get pushy, aggressive, confrontational and competitive. In other words when I get confident, I act quite cocky. It's the opposite extreme of what I am normally, when I walk in the interview with peace in mind, no nervousity, no stress, emotions or fighting spirit.
    Golden Unicorn Gaming
    Golden Unicorn Gaming
    Well control it, silly! LOL!
    Poryg
    I had a ridiculous day. Busy as hell, but to no avail! No shenanigans I was supposed to be doing have been done, only a huge time waster.
    I know it's two days too soon, but will you be my Valentine? :3
    This is interesting. I now have a case of a function being overwritten by a plugin, but the old function still being called. WHAAAAA!
    Kuro DCupu
    Kuro DCupu
    the wonder of magic...
    Llareian
    Llareian
    Are you sure the "overwrite" isn't in a different scope?
    Poryg
    Poryg
    That wasn't the reason.
    The reason was, I copy pasted a class with its constructor function, so I screwed up everything: Scene_File was defined, then Scene_Load was defined from the Scene_Save... And then my plugin defined new Scene_File, but of course it had nothing to do with the one Scene_Load was defined upon :D
    T and O are not working properly on my laptop keyboard :(
    Do you know that feeling when you read a completely random profile post and expect an important point, but there's completely none? I don't.
    So, another interview I did not pass. How in the world was that an interview though? I just filled a paper.
    Reactions: Marquise*
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Here it depends. If you apply for a job via a personal agency, then you usually get told you were rejected, but not the reasons. For example being rejected from a job that requires no prior experience due to lack of experience, or this case - being rejected due to not passing the interview despite there being no interview,...
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    LOL! No prior experience necessary - you weren't hired due to having no prior experience. xD
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    *rolls eyes* Maybe they'd take notice if you fill their I-phones :p But I am certain it will come!
    I tried a javascript quiz to test my knowledge. The first question I answered wrong, but correctly. So I'm not taking the results seriously.
    Reactions: Marquise*
    Jonforum
    Jonforum
    var obj = { };
    Object.defineProperty(obj, "value", { writable: true, value:15});
    delete obj.value;
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Still, now I know why is that. Thank you :)
    Hudell
    Hudell
    That's yet another situation. When using defineProperty, the value doesn't revert back to the default with the delete command.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

The universe does not want me to do another letsplay it seems... I keep bumping into problem after problem... Oh well. Still have several days to sort them out.
I now have something new to learn. Lesson suggestions?
Finally with a new PC! Now I can do nice things both coding and gaming
nvidia release the IA paint to lsd landscape simulator
i just try , it very fun
"If the lion knew her own strength, hard were it for anyone to rule her". This would be my custom title if I had enough spaces for it. Coming off of personal pain, I'm glad I found the original quote I've tweaked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
negajo