Poryg
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I've made a revolution in modern medicine! No need for silly exercise to keep your back straight. Just take a mop and a broom for 6 hours.
    Being a pragmatist is sometimes so hard in 2018...
    Sharm
    Sharm
    You watch the news too much. Interacting with individuals is more realistic and less worrying.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    It's actually due tointeracting with people. There's not a week where I wouldn't be called a "sick f***" for my blunt opinions that don't meet 2018's standards.
    starlight dream
    starlight dream
    Internet interactions are much more antagonistic than those irl. And online we share opinions that we wouldn't in the real world where no one asks to hear them.
    It's funny because I think in 2018 people are too pragmatic and not idealistic enough :p
    One down, one to go. Supporting plugins is sometimes a really difficult task :D
    Reactions: starlight dream
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    It's so difficult that sometimes some scripter just went away cz couldn't stand to hear a silly request
    Shaz
    Shaz
    "And then there was a request to make it compatible with Yanfly's new game+ plugin"
    That's easy to resolve ... put a statement in your shop saying "I don't do compatibility patches".
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Actually, that would be a waste :)
    Relearning Python. For some reason I feel so free compared to c++!
    Blackyu
    Blackyu
    Yeah, Python has waaay more options than c++, which is why I'm still not learning the latter. Only problem with Python is its primary interface module, Tkinter. Tkinter is Triple Horrible (as in Horribly Ugly, Horribly Limited and Horribly Finicky). Tkinter is usable, but it's far from the best interface you'll see with other programming languages.
    Also making games in Python without pygame is pretty much impossible.
    Reactions: Poryg
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Well, C++ by itself is horribly finicky as well though. I'll probably return to this language one day, because either C++ or Visual basic are a must if you want to become a hacker. However, before that happens I'll wait for some time... Because that closedness is just killing me coming straight from Javascript.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Python and Ruby are a good sidestep. They still have the freedom of interpreted languages and the fact that I don't need to worry about memory management and having every variable and class method defined is just great. They are closed languages though, so I can't afford to go as crazy as in Javascript.
    I have decided to drop C++... After dealing with Javascript I really find it so hard to deal with the closedness of compiled languages.
    shadefoundry
    shadefoundry
    Honestly it's just c++ (and to a greater extent, c) that's aweful. C# is far less terrible in my experience in terms of compiled languages.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    C# is a bit looser, since it allows dynamic memory allocation and stuff. But still... I just hate it. JS makes everything so convenient. Example: var x = randomObject.randomProperty || 0; Meanine that if randomProperty is falsey or undefined, x is going to be 0. In a compiled language when something is not defined, it crashes.
    That feeling when your crush asks you out... Only to say April fools afterwards ;_;
    TFW you realize how much trust others actually have to place in you when they ask you for a plugin commission... Thank you for your trust.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    I was very surprised to see a message asking for a commission and at the same time reassuring me they were trustworthy with offers of references.
    I have no issues with trusting people here though. And if someone was to scam me especially for a huge plugin... He'd be the one who'd lose on it, not me.
    TFW Retirees' house in Ďáblice district is not in Ďáblice district, but in Kobylisy district. #logic
    I swear I haven't been this pissed off for a long while... What did they do to our national anthem, that's outrageous!
    Poryg
    Poryg
    @Philosophus Vagus In Czech republic we will not let our mouths be shut, not even by rulers. But since most people actually shared my opinion and it wasn't a movement from politicians, only Olympics officials, nothing would really happen anyway :)
    Poryg
    Poryg
    @starlight dream The orchestral version is slightly prolonged. But then there is a vocal version, which is terrible, and instrumental two-verse version with vocals, which is even worse.
    starlight dream
    starlight dream
    Olympic politics are very eye-rolling, they're losing my respect all the time.
    The plugin I finished yesterday was foolproof. So foolproof that it took only one try for it to break my game ;_;
    Reactions: Nightblade50
    Poryg
    Poryg
    I am not sad for broken game. It's a project dedicated to plugin making. However, if I released that in this state, it'd definitely make me sad if it broke someone's game :(
    Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    Look, it was foolproof. But clearly, you're no fool.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Unfortunately the reason was a bit different.
    Just deleting the plugin from and reloading it in plugin manager caused a major crash due to badly set parameter handling. Then there was one error due to badly set default parameter. And one error, which worked totally fine before that even though it shouldn't have.
    Alright, it's finished. The most powerful save core I have ever seen.
    They say adult games are useless. Not true. Yesterday I found out on one how easy it is to extract game files from html5 games. Knowing...
    Reactions: KanaX
    Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    @Poryg I'm theoretically interested in programming but in practical reality my interest isn't enough :D I rather doodle or do something else. But to each their own as they say :)
    starlight dream
    starlight dream
    @Poryg I think "laziness" is sometimes only a lack of interest (in my case anyway ;))

@Parallax Panda I also believe anyone can become good at drawing. It doesn't take as long as some may imagine to get the hang of it. It's not necessary to reach extraordinary levels of ability in order to make drawings that can be used in a game for example.
    Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    @starlight dream Funny thing is that the bar you have to pass before you consider YOURSELF good seems to run away as you are closing in on it though! But yeah, with at least 5 fingers and a working eye I bet just about anyone can learn to draw good enough that the end product could be used for something. Reaching that plateau might take more or less time depending on who you are though. But getting there is possible.
    Finally I figured out how to cheat in html5 games via developer console. Next stop - world domination.
    So I bought humble bundle's AI book bundle... Hopefully it will be useful to me one day :D
    Poryg
    Poryg
    @mlogan I also forgot to mention, not sure if you, but I've been having troubles navigating humble bundle lately. Also, I couldn't download the books after purchasing the bundle. Nevertheless, I've managed to solve the issue. If you don't see the books on the buy screen, just like I did not, you can go to your account-Library.
    mlogan
    mlogan
    Mmk, thank you! It’s not for me but a friend who has been researching AI lately. I’ll pass along the info though, if he seems interested. :D
    taarna23
    taarna23
    The saylor.org Computer Science course also has an AI course. Two, in fact, one of them more advanced. I'll get there eventually... probably...
    Sometimes my reviews need to be read as a whole, because I make them begin unexpectedly :D
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Like my recent one:
    I hate this game. I begin playing it at 11 PM. At 1 AM I say to myself that I need to go to sleep. Then I look again... 3:20. God dammit! I end up sleeping through the day.

In other words it's an awesome game.
    And continues as normal review :)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Why is there so much month left at the end of money? D=
Hello humans! How goes your day in this journey of living? I hope it is good, for I am human like you, and I am feeling great! Worship the altar.
Sand is basically small rocks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndrewRobertson