Poryg
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Do you know that feeling of too little lag?
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Haha, no, it's a bloody mouse :p
    As far as I know, there aren't many mice or even keyboards outside of Bloody that use an infrared micro switch, so far the thing with least input lag ever (0.002s). However, it is not always a good thing. These things are unsuitable for racing games for instance. And of course for low fps games, because the game won't process too fast input.
    starlight dream
    starlight dream
    There is always a catch, I'm afraid ;)
    Reactions: Poryg
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Price. Infrared mice are more expensive, even compared to bloody mice that don't use infrared micro switch.
    At first I wanted to make a tutorial how to make a menu. In the end I changed my mind, because I realized how broad this topic is...
    Poryg
    Poryg
    In the end it won't be how to make your own menu :D But it will take some time, after 3 days of work I'm at around 30%.
    KayZaman
    KayZaman
    'broad'?
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Yes, broad. Both visuals and technicals of a menu are, because there are all sorts of things you can include.
    Today I got rejected from a job interview due to apparent lack of motivation. I forgot that to get an ok paying job you need motivation.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    If I talk to a handsome guy, I don't get too influenced by him being handsome :D Even a handsome girl won't really make a difference, since all my emotions are shut down. I'm like a zombie, braiiiins :D
    But I get what you're saying. The way to go is to change my behavior... But if I do, the nervousity won't allow me to even eat :D
    starlight dream
    starlight dream
    LOL You should be yourself ^^ Even if you show you're nervous, that's not always a bad thing.
    starlight dream
    starlight dream
    Palpatine?
    I've seen ripped game resources all over the place, so it is no surprise. But today on Steam I saw what appears to be a ripped whole game!
    Poryg
    Poryg
    It's a carbon copy, graphics, levels, everything.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Sounds like some of those asset flips alright. Some of them are just the prebought package compiled and posted on steam.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    So it may not be a stolen game, but is a rip off nevertheless.
    Poryg's DIY series will soon begin a new episode: Road to Independence. It won't be a series of tutorials, but step by step demonstrations.
    That's impressive. I made a fully custom menu and still experience frame drops from 60 to 30. But the menu is not at fault.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    I think I'll scrap all default code anyway and recreate the whole engine. Because the RM default code is so incredibly limiting...
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Second to scrapping default RM code. I also tend to do that :p
    Hudell
    Hudell
    It's because of the Bitmaps. OrangeAntiLag does some ugly workarounds to improve it, if you want to try.
    Unbelieveable how much work programming a simple website takes... Finally it is finished though. But it looks ugly and simplistic :D
    Right, back to business... I'm tired from helping other members... Yet I still have a lot of work to do.
    starlight dream
    starlight dream
    Gotta focus on yourself too. You're top priority! ;)
    Reactions: Poryg
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Yeah, I'll take next few days easy. Pushing PIXI and the website to the end left scars on the quality of the content. And if I count those two hours of helping members as well, I worked for whole 12 hours without break today...
    starlight dream
    starlight dream
    That's a lot of work. We'll have to kick you out of the Procrastinators Club. Haha But you're always welcome to come by and eat our cookies..
    But seriously, that sounds tiring. I go through bouts like that of pushing & helping too much, then I need to re-energize :3
    I can't believe I actually created a relevant thread answer about object oriented programming without appropriate experience!
    Reactions: starlight dream
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    I feel the same way about Ruby. Never learned it officially but it's pretty similar to C that I can usually help with Ruby ?'s.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    I studied some Ruby on sololearn, but somehow I don't like the syntax. Well, all my programming theory comes from sololearn, with javascript being the most enhanced one through experience.
    Jonforum
    Jonforum
    it would be a good idea to put yourself on a first plugin.
    It is cruelly lacking of pixi plugins.
    moreover, it can only be rewarding.
    for some reason my heart is stinging...
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Holy smokes... Someone shoot me :D
    starlight dream
    starlight dream
    Better stick to the meds for now :) They don't sound like they're causing a problem. Going on and off can cause more issues and unstable effects. I once went off some pills without consulting the doctor (one of the worst decisions of my life). :(
    starlight dream
    starlight dream
    BTW You can generally be happy and still have anxiety reactions. It's a physical condition and can't be overcome with willpower alone.
    Since you had colds, drink warm tea and sleep more. If only Stanley had composed a lullaby...^^b
    Reactions: Sharm
    Sometimes I admire the inconsistency in rm code. For example inventory, to conserve memory, is an associative array. Variable data? Array!
    Reactions: TakeHomeTheCup
    Poryg
    Poryg
    The point is how these two are handled. In an array when you create a 99th member, has to create 98 preceding members, unnecessarily consuming memory.
    An associative array doesn't really have ordering, so when you create a "99th member", it is actually the first member with code name 99.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Yet for some reason, even though associative array is more memory efficient and it has been used in things such as item inventory, the fact is that there are many things that still use an array, like $gameVariables and $gameSwitches. Luckily the memory overconsumption due to that is negligible.
    FleshToDust
    FleshToDust
    @Poryg I wish I started learning code stuff when I was your age. Youngsters these days are way ahead of the curb. I wrote my first code back in 2015 I think. That's ok though. Life is unpredictable and if certain things didn't happen I might of never learned to code.
    I had a surprisingly small amount of alerts today... Not sure if it is a bug or reality.
    PIXI 4.6.0 looks great, it actually works plug and play in RPG maker MV :D No earlier version worked plug and play, always crashed.
    Upon uploading I received a copyright strike from an absolute nobody that cannot even be found. Lovely :D
    Poryg
    Poryg
    It wouldn't be ethical and too legal, but due to the structure of youtube it is entirely possible. Although it is still better than in past.
    In past anybody that claimed copyright could monetize your video or limit watching. Now they can as well, but if you open a dispute, it will be paused for the time being.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Well, whatever. Youtube has always been weird about copyright since Google bought it :D
    Warpmind
    Warpmind
    Urk, bloody IP robots... I'd be less irritated by them if they were, y'know, more accurate... and perhaps if there was a rule saying that it's on the claimant to provide immediate contact information for disputes. :/
    Another 10 minute video :D Part 4, PIXI Sprites and filters. Taken a bit differently due to the fact that half of the things don't work :D
    Reactions: starlight dream
    Poryg
    Poryg
    In default RMMV there is not a PIXI.Loader. There is just a memory in terms of PIXI.AssetLoader, which does nothing.
    PIXI.extras.AnimatedSprites don't work by default, they need a workaround. Several filters don't do anything, either due to not "existing" anymore or not being finished yet.
    Jonforum
    Jonforum
    yes because it does not release a version at each pixi update.
    you have to manually update them.
    you just have to download pixi.js, and replace the old rmmv pixi.js in the libs folder, for me , all filter and new pixi command work in rmmv.
    Pv me if you need help
    Poryg
    Poryg
    I know.
    These tutorials are for people with MV pixi, since those that can use the normal pixi in MV don't me to tell them how to use pixi :D
    Good. I passed out while making a video and when I woke up, I saw my video maker had crashed. All progress lost :(
    Jonforum
    Jonforum
    I experienced a similar situation, at my wake up afterEffect crached.
    But lucky Adobe use Auto Save Cache at each 5 min.
    if you are lucky you have a temp save in your drive
    C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp
    Poryg
    Poryg
    I'm not lucky, my video maker doesn't autosave :(
    lianderson
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Well, I'll have you know that I'm still around, looking for opportunity to resurface with some stuffs.
I like to think of Profile Posts as tiny homes, full of all kinds of unsuspecting suckers "future" friends.... Many of which are of course only going to be excited when a strange man in black suddenly shows up to say hi. :LZSexcite:
Stream will be live shortly with some more Haunting Ground! Today, we encounter a new stalker! Feel free to drop by!
Tried the new Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus today. Very nice device overall, but flagship smartphone prices are getting completely out of control.
Sometimes I feel like I don't belong here. I feel like I have the exact opposite interests in storytelling as everyone else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rallenism