Poryg
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Now I realize that my console knowledge allows me to test security of MV games that are posted on browsers! Time to cheat! :D Just kidding.
    Humble bundle published Moénovel bundle! Too bad I already have If my heart had wings, but it's a great VN ^_^
    Reactions: Richard John S
    Poryg
    Poryg
    But that is necessary to cover her two times! One towel can fall off easily and in the worst possible times, two are much more difficult.
    Amarok
    Amarok
    "oops, cant have that in a christian eroge"
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Yeah. The only thing that is sad on censorship is that it often is more distracting/disturbing than the uncensored version. In Gintama censorship is sometimes purposefully taken to the extreme, also creating funny scenes :)
    "Everybody is a genius. But if You judge a fish by its' ability to climb a tree, it will live its' whole life believing that it is stupid."
    It looks like RMMV 1.6.0 breaks Yanfly's grid free doodads.
    Windows i7
    Windows i7
    I'm honestly surprised 1.6.0 hasn't caused more breaking than it has. The amount of under the hood changes is insane, especially with NWJS.
    Reactions: Poryg
    Poryg
    Poryg
    There's hardly anything to break to be honest. Only few lines of code are related to NWJS itself and ECMAScript 5 and ECMAScript 6 are mostly compatible. You can still type in ES5 syntax without issues.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    @FleshToDust I doubt there will, to be honest. Because 1.6.0 is an update aimed at developers. For a normal user nothing changes.
    I think I finally understand why MV doesn't use PIXI loader... PIXI cannot decrypt encrypted files.
    Windows i7
    Windows i7
    This could in theory change in the future as PIXI and RPG Maker evolve. The new NWJS in 1.6 hopefully means a faster JS engine too.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    In practice it can't unless you program it in. In order to decrypt files you need to follow exact steps. And every encryption mechanism has different steps. If you use a hash, you need to unhash it (which requires input data). If you use encryption, you need to unencrypt it. If you use compression, you need to decompress it.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    This is the exact reason why javascript is required to load the files, because PIXI just cannot implicitly know how they are encrypted. There is one question left though... Why did they use javascript to load textures. Why not directly PIXI.Texture.fromImage upon decryption.
    Interestingly enough, pixification of the core scripts is not too hard. Much easier than ditching them and rewriting them from scratch.
    Slowly, but surely I'm losing dependence on default assets. I have over 400 particle animations, lots of music and 8000+ SFX.
    "Why shop with us: Our prices and fees are ones of the most competitive in the industry." And licenses as well, looks like. Ridiculous!
    Reactions: The Stranger
    Poryg
    Poryg
    After exploring characters though I've come to a conclusion that it might not be a bad idea to get through some 3D assets too.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    So, I have my first experience of Unity assets downloads. Gotta note - you need Unity installed, but you're not limited to using these resources only in Unity.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Thanks for the heads up. I think I might have an installer for Unity on my laptop already.
    Alright, another unwatched cooking attempt that went horribly wrong. Too little potatoes and too little cabbage. Also when potatoes
    Poryg
    Poryg
    A joke you admit has been a joke loses the joke value, which is why sometimes it is better to just not say it was a joke, especially when others potentially understand it was a joke and they just decided to take this joke on a next level and treat this joke as a real thing as a joke, because that makes others feel like they hurt him and admit it was a joke :p
    starlight dream
    starlight dream
    @Poryg What are you talking about? O.o You obviously didn't read my comment. :(
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Why are you asking me what am I talking about? You've put "Edit:" there and you're asking me what am I talking about? That's outrageous :p
    Everytime I think my arythmia has gone away, it strikes back. Took it a while though, 21 days. Not as bad as the previous one though.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Well, I will continue being who I am anyway, so... If you need a talk or a cuddle, feel free to drop by :p
    Reactions: Susan
    Susan
    Susan
    That's the best person to be :kaopride:, and thanks! Likewise to you too~ :kaojoy:
    Poryg
    Poryg
    I'm always in need of a cuddle, so... If I drop by, I will never leave :p
    Reactions: Susan
    For some reason all my alerts have been deleted overnight. I only have alerts from 3:52 AM. Well, even then I woke up to 19 new alerts.
    I'm an idiot. I wanted to make all menu in one video :D But due to the code being so messy, I finally see it's impossible.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    So today will come a video about how I make base of a menu, and then in about a week or two about party... So that I can explain my code properly.
    Another huge purchase of music. But it's worth it, finally I have music suitable for boss battles.
    I hate one thing in artists.
    I've heard that only 3 things were infinite: The universe, human stupidity and WinRar trial. But maybe there's also Total commander trial?
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Yeah, there is. However, don't forget that the universe has no center and no borders. If it has no borders, it can't have an end.
    After all, if it had borders, you could technically get out of the universe. Which we know is downright impossible even if it was possible.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    The reason why it is impossible is simple... The space is spreading by the speed of light. And for anything that contains mass to reach the speed of light, infinite amount of energy is necessary. That's Einstein's relativity theory.
    Then there is something more amazing - the speed would have caused so much friction the ship would turn blazing hot in an instant.
    Stanley
    Stanley
    you forgot the amount of Zubat in the cave
    Do you know that feeling of too little lag?
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Haha, no, it's a bloody mouse :p
    As far as I know, there aren't many mice or even keyboards outside of Bloody that use an infrared micro switch, so far the thing with least input lag ever (0.002s). However, it is not always a good thing. These things are unsuitable for racing games for instance. And of course for low fps games, because the game won't process too fast input.
    starlight dream
    starlight dream
    There is always a catch, I'm afraid ;)
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Price. Infrared mice are more expensive, even compared to bloody mice that don't use infrared micro switch.
    At first I wanted to make a tutorial how to make a menu. In the end I changed my mind, because I realized how broad this topic is...
    Poryg
    Poryg
    In the end it won't be how to make your own menu :D But it will take some time, after 3 days of work I'm at around 30%.
    KayZaman
    KayZaman
    'broad'?
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Yes, broad. Both visuals and technicals of a menu are, because there are all sorts of things you can include.
    Today I got rejected from a job interview due to apparent lack of motivation. I forgot that to get an ok paying job you need motivation.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    If I talk to a handsome guy, I don't get too influenced by him being handsome :D Even a handsome girl won't really make a difference, since all my emotions are shut down. I'm like a zombie, braiiiins :D
    But I get what you're saying. The way to go is to change my behavior... But if I do, the nervousity won't allow me to even eat :D
    starlight dream
    starlight dream
    LOL You should be yourself ^^ Even if you show you're nervous, that's not always a bad thing.
    starlight dream
    starlight dream
    Palpatine?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

We just added more plugins as part of Wednesday Tea Time! Got the mouse system setup for MV/MZ!
Let's create game with RTP only, no plugin except official one..
Trying to get enough of an outline for my game to know what art needs to be made. I'm very out of practice with writing, having focused on art, and I'm realizing that I really missed it.
Make a Game in RPG Maker MZ: Episode 4 is now LIVE! Join us as we create our random encounter system. Random doesn't mean the player can't have some control! Want to figure out how, then tune in!
I must now resume my “things that make me money” activities, and relegate game-mak to a day or two a week. Maybe a lil in the afternoon, but I usually work on “career” level stuff then too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JellyTheDodo