Poryg
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Interesting. When a woman hears me trash talking about myself, she can't believe why am I treating myself so badly... No matter how many...
    Poryg
    Poryg
    times I tell her I don't take my trash talking personally. It's just a ranty joke. Men recognize it immediately and don't bother with it. Women don't.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Well, today's lesson. If you see a man being emonional as he's calling himself bad things, he is either feeling negative emotions or seeking attention. Otherwise it's just a banter.
    The trolley problem, kill 4 vs. kill 1, doesn't look too much like a moral problem to me. All you need is derail the train - then it's RNG.
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    Two Kirks in one status update? I don't remember this one
    Poryg
    Poryg
    When I posted it on Reddit, the only feedback I received was that the point of this was to choose the morally more acceptable option of the two. But the problem is, this problem has increased relevance with computer age.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    And since computers are deterministic machines, if we crunch the "kill 1" option to the computer, it will always kill the 1, even though computers thanks to their insane processing power have a higher chance of potentially saving all than humans.
    New videos won't be coming in for a while. The internet is getting too sluggish for uploads.
    Well, my wireless headphones have lasted me for only a month. A dog jumped on me and scratched the better one off. He immediately bit on it.
    Reactions: The Stranger
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    That sounds like one hungry dog. lol. I don't quite understand your last post, are you saying you've eaten a plastic bag before?
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Yes, by accident. It was night and I tripped with my food into our plastic bag stash... I did not drop any food, but the plastic bag I fell into was an old one and would crumble on touch (which, being in the dark, I did not notice). So I ate my food. And since plastic bags are tasteless and it are crumbles, I did not notice anything... Except for that piercing headache about 30 min later.
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    @Poryg see if that was a cat, it would have at least waited until you weren't wearing them to mess them up
    I wonder if I should buy this RM bundle. I like the cause, but I'm not particularly interested in most of the contents.
    Reactions: MMMm
    BlueMage
    BlueMage
    i will buy it if you can get all of the contents for $20, but $50 is nah
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Well, the rm bundles were always this high for the last tier. This year I'm just puzzled as there are hardly any dlc I'm interestes in.
    MMMm
    MMMm
    I would have gotten it if I didn't already own MV, but I don't see anything I want.
    Finished Mu Complex's Mario achievement. Gosh, it's tough.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    This achievement says "Hack Bobby Love's computer in less than 15 seconds.". This hacking consists of a puzzle game, where you receive an input number and have to perform two specific operations (addition and multiplication in the first round, multiplication and addition in round two) and type in "solve" + result. Two rounds. No Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V allowed and it's 7-9 digit results that you have to type by hand.
    FleshToDust
    FleshToDust
    Fast as fffff boi.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Well, I solved it using Python :D
    We have a new camera system... With monitor that has automatic standby on to conserve power! #Logic
    Poryg
    Poryg
    What's worse, the window is programmed so that if I hover my mouse over that setting to turn it off, the mouse is underneath that window. That is some pretty awful settings.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Not that I wonder about it though, these are internal monitor settings, so naturally I cannot hover over them with a mouse... But there are no visible controls anywhere on the monitor.
    Ryisunique
    Ryisunique
    Fnaf logic.
    TIL of the importance of getters and read-only variables in game after I broke an essential mechanic in CK2 through cheat engine.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    And that's going to be my last status update about this game for a while. It brought me a lot of hell.
    PaladinJessa
    PaladinJessa
    Just out of curiosity, what exactly did you try to change? I play a lot and dont want to make the same mistake
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Well, I downloaded a script that set base character attributes high... Later I've found out that the script will essentially eliminate character traits. So my previous case of a celibate pregnancy was a result of that (although there's srill a way to get pregnant while celibatary).
    Crusader Kings 2 absurdities episode 3: I'm a celibate Dominican woman, which gives -1000% to fertility. And I got pregnant!
    Poryg
    Poryg
    In my war waging series when I usurped the county of Kone from the Kingdom of Scotland, one Bishopry inside that county still stayed with the Scots. So after pressing a claim on them once again I've even been able to loot my own county.
    But that's not as absurd, since the same thing can happen when a barony changes allegiance through inheritance.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    It's not being a mastermind though... All I did was start at the 8th century and set women to be equal to men all around the world. That totally messed up the world politics XD
    Zinapse
    Zinapse
    Ah man, I haven't played CK2 in soooooo long. This is definitely making me want to hop back on it.
    Crusader Kings 2 will never cease to amaze me with its degree of absurdity.
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    What kind of crazy family shenanigans happened this time?
    Poryg
    Poryg
    My character's nephew and marshal (male) were busted romancing together... So I had an option of either forcing a breakup... Or marrying them together. Catholic Church experienced a homosexual marriage. XD
    Spent an hour over a simple password reset. Not so simple password reset :(
    I've always found The Witcher's autosave feature annoying as it generated a myriad of autosaves and on hard difficulty you essentially...
    Poryg
    Poryg
    No, not at all.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    There was another game I've played that did this. It created a new save file each time it autosaved. If you played for a long time without getting rid of most of these autosaves, then they started taking up a lot of space. Can't remember what the game was.
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    I started up a game called Tyranny that is starting to pile up autosaves.
    So many news/articles and memes about or related to Greta Thunberg recently. Reading them though, I'm not sure what to think...
    gstv87
    gstv87
    you know, from one programmer to another, you know when you look at a program as a user and you can see how it works down to the process of accessing the files on disk, in your head?
    look at the matter that way: she's a teenager, in 2019.
    have you ever seen a teenager since 2010 do anything on their own without being *influenced* ?
    gstv87
    gstv87
    media representatives see her, and they see influence.
    "if we can get her, we can get her followers.... so, lets get her."
    that's what I see when I look at it... I see through, around and under it.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Well, I understand both the media and the teenagers, it's a thing that sounds chivalrous and stuff. But the bigger problem is, she receives a lot of credit even in the geopolitical sphere. Summit here, summit there, Nobel prize nomination... For what?
    Tonight was one of those night shifts where I evolve from level 1 Poryg to level 100 Charizard.
    Now that was a total accident... But I just found that Shift+Insert works the same as Ctrl+V! :o
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Well, the oldest computer I have used was a 386, where Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V wasn't necessary. Nevertheless, due to the awkward positioning of my mouse and keyboard it makes more sense to control my keyboard with left hand and control my mouse with right hand instead of having to grab the mouse every few minutes.
    Nekohime1989
    Zinapse
    Zinapse
    Pro tip: In most *nix shells you can paste with Shift+Insert, since Ctrl+V is the "verbatim input" key it wont paste what's in your clipboard. Most shells are starting to support Ctrl+Shift+C and Ctrl+Shift+V for copy and paste. I think GNOME started that though. /shrug
    With already 13th video of the tutorial series out there I'm wondering if I should create a master thread for them somewhere or something.
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Hyouryuu-Na
    You should. Will be easier to find them and people can discuss among themselves or something... then you won't have to spend time after each and every one of their concerns seperately.
    mishakoc
    mishakoc
    Agreed, having them all in a single thread with videos and/or links to the individual threads will make it easier to navigate.
    Though it would be better for people to still ask questions about the individual videos on the page dedicated to the video, instead of on the master thread. It may get way too confusing.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    That would be very good. The mods might even pin it for you, hopefully!
    Unity by TheFatRat... So overused! :(
    Benny Jackdaw
    Benny Jackdaw
    Great, now I have something for Arte to play at his dance club.
    jkweath
    jkweath
    I used to play Roblox with my son all the time, and like 50% of the games on there use one of the tracks from TheFatRat, so every time I hear their music I always think of Roblox.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    They might as well as include the music as RPG Maker RTP BGM.
    Reactions: Poryg
    I had a moral dilemma. Whether to help a girl that made fun of me years ago and asked me for favor out of desperation, or not...
    mishakoc
    mishakoc
    Yeah, he didn't go above and beyond in helping her and just fixed the worst mistakes (and seeing she apparently didn't even care to read it again/use spellcheck I am not even surprised). That still helped her a lot. I wouldn't call it 100% right or wrong, I understand if you see it differently though. :)
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @mishakoc It wasn't about whether he helped or not, it was the deceit, the obfuscation of facts, after agreeing to help which bothered me. Doesn't matter anyway, since it turned out it was just a misunderstanding, and he did in fact point out the errors. Deceit and manipulation are pretty high up on my list of absolute wrongdoings. It's just part of my core beliefs, how I view the world based on personal experience.
    mishakoc
    mishakoc
    That's fair.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

This guy makes so many good hip hop tracks!
can't use certain things with SRDude's Battle Status Customizer? make the gauges show it lol. I got the gauges to show Olivia's Boost Points and other stuff.
Seeing people still using Kaus tiles with stolen contents makes me sad.
Microsoft tools are a blessing and a curse. They're great, but also insanely restrictive :/
When you feel annoyed by all the jokes and fake news, since in your country April's 1 is just a regular day...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alanboss