Poryg
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• "I was just able to run a whole mile, so I'll run marathon next." I think I'll stop giving advice when beginners ask about advanced things.
    Reactions: The Stranger
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Ha-Ha! That escalated quickly. From a single mile to twenty six or so miles.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Not really, it is just kind of getting to my nerves that so many people don't explore the engine, but jump straight into complicated things. But even when you study a programming language, the first thing you learn is "Hello world!", not quantum theory.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Just do what we do and suggest they spend a month or so exploring the tutorials, and that they ignore this advice at their own peril.
    I had a dream. I playtested an rpg maker game that was perfectly balanced. The only issue was difficulty, too easy even for easy standards.
    Stanley
    Stanley
    Who the eff dreams about RPG Maker?! (Wish I could!)
    Surely this being must have been prophesied somewhere among the Chinese ancient scrolls by the Bible's Daniel the Prophet!
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Surely, if it's too easy then it's not perfectly balanced. :p
    Poryg
    Poryg
    @The Stranger I had to completely chip it off due to 140 characters. So it sounds way worse than I initially intended...
    I implemented the pvassets in my project, so the default charsets are pointless... Yet I can't just delete them. Ah, the RTP...
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Maybe it's due to the plugins I'm using. I'll try to turn several of them off :)
    djDarkX
    djDarkX
    I was just happy trimming the fat, so to speak. I still have some of the RTP plugins, but I'll be removing those soon as well to clean up the list in the plugin manager.
    Reactions: Poryg
    Poryg
    Poryg
    I don't use any RTP plugins apart from Community basic and window names. However, maybe some core plugins (or SRD_Preloader core) could require these files, so I'm going to check that out after breakfast.
    I can reveal so many mistakes while I'm playtesting a game here... Yet I tend to do the same ones too. Why do I even bother then... :D
    I'm very grumpy due to an all-nighter caused by an insanely painful diarrhea, so if I say bad things to you, don't take them personally.
    Yesterday I finally finished Huniepop... Well, not exactly finished, there is still that alpha mode. But even so, are there some challenging
    Poryg
    Poryg
    dating sims? These games are so far the only ones where I'm left unchallenged :)
    My internet speed has been ridiculous lately... Stupid win10 updates...
    djDarkX
    djDarkX
    This is why I'm happy with Linux. Had barely any issues with my distro, haha.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    I used only ubuntu once - never again!
    I'm absolutely healthy, my heart just beats ridiculously fast... Finally I am beginning to understand...
    Reactions: Tea's Jams
    Poryg
    Poryg
    It is called tachycardia if it's over 100 bpm. I'm around 100 bpm, so I'm still ok... I'm just very susceptible to nausea and fainting in hot weather and other extreme weather conditions (like thick and wet air, it is suffocating and nauseating for me).
    Tea's Jams
    Tea's Jams
    That sounds terrible. :(
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Hehe, ikr... I used to love swinging on a swing during a thunderstorm and watching lightnings... But I can't really do it anymore :/
    Lately I've been having so many dreams where I had a girlfriend and I was happy... I must be getting ill.
    Reactions: Tea's Jams
    Stanley
    Stanley
    Would you pray, or wish, it'll be real tho?
    Poryg
    Poryg
    I would definitely not pray :) But it would be great.
    Encountering all sorts of bugs makes me want to create a project based on bugs and "glitches".
    I always knew that my immunity to virulent and bacterial sicknesses would take its' toll in some body condition.
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    Ah, hang in there. I go to the doctor's a lot too, for both physical and mental stuff. Not fun, I know. :/
    Poryg
    Poryg
    I don't go to doctors too often. But I had to be checked due to my job application... And the doctor didn't like my ekg, so since then I'm ping ponging back and forth due to my ekg...
    Stanley
    Stanley
    I feel you bruh :/ I also need to go see doctor tleast once a month... :'(
    Update to 1.5.0 didn't go as planned. Screen resolution doesn't increase, Yanfly's doodads don't load and the game experiences insane lag.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Oh, nevermind. The game actually resizes. The title menu is still shrinked though...
    UgyBoogie
    UgyBoogie
    That's really strange. Are you sure you followed the update instructions correctly? My resolution and doodads are fine. (Also worked out my image problem, simply a typo)
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Yeah, I did all updates properly. Found out something interesting though...
    In my blank project I have no idea what doesn't resize the title screen.
    In my normal project it's Grid free doodads that, for some unknown reason, keep my title menu shrinked. But I don't know why, because GFD don't influence the title screen at all... :D
    Recently I've been so busy with my job admission details that I was in no mood to do stuff in rm... I hope it calms down soon.
    You're not allowed to advertise commercially in your signature field except for links for your games made in rmXP+. Poor 2k3 is left off :(
    Poryg
    Poryg
    @Scythuz I know it was a joke, but I still can give a serious answer :) I'm actually surprised to see that it indeed is Degica who is a distributor of RM2000 though, since it's not really mentioned on this site. Well, it's still surprising that it's more expensive than rm2003, because it has a bit less capabilities...
    Poryg
    Poryg
    @taarna23 You're now only missing RM95 :D But I wouldn't want to program anything there actually, since there are only switches, no variables and no common events as well... And the commands are very limited too.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    @Poryg No argument there! I would love to have a graphics collection of the enemies and backgrounds, just for nostalgia!
    Reactions: Poryg
    That feeling when you finally can create games in RPG maker only to realize that you're not in the mood to do so...
    Reactions: BrotherKnight
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Urgh, I get that way with jewelry making sometimes! I can't say much for RPG Maker these days... most of what I do is plugin work and planning... There's just certain things I need in my game.
    Took me four hours to solve why a<b<c didn't work properly... After all a normal human understands it, Python too... But not javascript...
    Poryg
    Poryg
    I figured that out after seeing that 4>3>2 was false. But still, spent four hours searching for mistakes in the code... And the mistake was in the only place I didn't look at initially... The if. Because as a human it seemed perfectly natural to me and knowing Python understands this, I kind of assumed that Javascript would understand too.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Javascript is a wonky language styled loosely off of Java, syntax-wise. This may help clear up precisely nothing, but it is amusing, and helps point out some of the language's failings. https://www.destroyallsoftware.com/talks/wat
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Thank you for that, our internet is running so slow that I cannot play it, but I'll give it a shot later on :)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I based this on the armor of Actor 1_7 of the RTP. Hair is from Derex and Sythian Bard.
Stream will be live shortly! Going to do another art stream tonight so that I can finish my Fauna Focus piece~ Feel free to drop by!
Humans are fallible creatures, we all know that. It's when we're forced to look at ourselves that we start to disagree. :p
Expectation: Working on boss battle.
Reality: "Look at how awful are these code and database organization. Let me clean this mess", *yet, casually adding more modules that I have no idea if I would use it later*
Trying to learn to read Japanese so I read my manga. I like to buy them without all the edits made during translation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candutekno