Poryg
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• What's happening? I have never been able to hold my tutorials in the front page for longer than 2 days! Now all four of them are there...
    Autocorrect. The most reliable method to get yourself embraced.
    Windows i7
    Windows i7
    That is exactly why one of the first things I do with any new smartphone is turn off the autocorrect in the keyboard/input settings.
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    If that was intentional, it's extremely clever. If not, it's hilarious - and of course very "embracing".
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Considering how difficult to use a keyboard with autocorrect is for programming, I don't use it.
    Well, I paid the price for no sleep and crappy work schedule this night. Between midnight and 4 am I was completely out of reality.
    How in the world did phone numbers from my gmail account appear in my messenger despite contact synchs turned off? :mad:
    Kuro DCupu
    Kuro DCupu
    They're watching us
    Stupidbro
    @Kuro DCupu You think Google's bad about doing it? Here in America, phone companies used to keep your address in the phone book as well as your phone number and name, unless you paid a fee for them to keep you out of it. Imagine someone being able to just buy a book and then know where to find you.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Well, ISPs do/used to do it too and the data is/was available to some IP tracing websites, so just an IP was enough to find a person's name and exact home address without buying anything. And from that we have pranks like https://youtu.be/7dv6U2FIphI
    In our newspapers we have an article that tells us to go exercise outside. When we should avoid heat to avoid collapsing. Yeaaaaah, sure.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    I have exercised in 39°C. Ran a 6 km run, managed to finish only 4.5 of them though. It stopped being funny when I started shivering from cold... In 39°C temperatures no less.
    Zeriab
    Zeriab
    It's simple. Just exercise at night.
    Not sleeping at night is bad for you though...
    Poryg
    Poryg
    I actually work at night.
    Fun fact. You have a gate that has door inside so people can enter when it's closed. But leave the gate just 10 cm open and ...
    I'm going to leave the work I'm doing next Spring. I'm too tired to continue for another year.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    In September I'll have 14 days holidays, so I'll take the time to recuperate. I'll somehow manage October and hopefully through Winter I'll be able to sleep relatively OK.
    PixelHeart
    PixelHeart
    like, your job, or scripting? Any case, rest well.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Like my job.
    I wanted to make a tutorial video. Yesterday I wanted to have some sleep. Well, looks like the construction workers have other ideas.
    It is always amusing when people attack my points for being irrelevant, but then present even less relevant ones in an attempt to guilt me.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    That said, I usually prefer to define "goal of the discussion" first before proceeding further. One of the examples is what do you mean by "advancement". Without an agreement of the definition, it can only lead to disagreement or even conflict.
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    @Poryg you've done it again, by the way. Like the YouTube search algorithm, Poryg's exact method for selecting invigorating status topics that draw large responses is held close to the chest, and is a sought after trade secret.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    @standardplayer Actually, I have yet to make a status update people answer with at least 50 comments. So it's not really true :P
    I used to dislike the concept of open-source. But seeing how much awesome stuff is happening thanks to open-source, I've grown to love it.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    My main problem with open source were two things. One of them was, no income. The other one... Unless you use GPL2.0, someone can just take it, twist it into something and sell it and you can't really do anything about it.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Third problem is ransoming code. Previous year there was a controversy regarding Linux and code of conduct. The code of conduct would essentially shun people of certain opinions. And some threatened to take down their code if that had happened, which would crash all major distros.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Now that was a perfectly legit reason to do so and that's not the main thing. The problem is, large corps are getting more and more involved with open-source. And in their hands holding code hostage can prove to be a large negotiating leverage.
    Alright, as unlikely as it seemed like at first, I made two more tutorial videos today. Do not let available plugins limit your menu's look!
    TIL that in C++ making functions virtual can really mess with debuggers and is a nice antidebug measure.
    Windows i7
    Windows i7
    I'm sure it can't be too hard to find a way around that. Also, why would you want to mess with debuggers anyway? If someone really wants to reverse engineer what you make, they will eventually. Your time would be better spent on code quality.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Actually, I was hacking PwnAdventure3 and messing around in it with GDB. Could not set breakpoints at or display virtual functions. And no, there's no way to reliably circumvent that, because virtual functions mean that the pointers get assigned on runtime, while pointers to classic functions are assigned statically.
    I have met the most sophisticated scammer so far. Weeks of building trust, four fake official papers and he even "paid the tax".
    Reactions: MMMm and Elliott404
    MMMm
    MMMm
    Guess the guy thought he could get you.

They like to use massive sums and play up their desperation in an attempt to get people to think they're the ones getting a better deal and they love to appeal to sympathy.

Like those ones where they claim that if you help them smuggle 20 million out of their country that their evil government is trying to seize illegally after his wife died, he'll pay you 15 million.
    MMMm
    MMMm
    There's people out there who get attached to the idea that this could be real and they desperately want to believe. They start to feel hope and become more and more sure of themselves as it goes on.

It's heart breaking especially when it happens to old people. $50,000+ sent to scammers.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Well, I receive two scammer emails per week, so I always waste their time. I would bombard them using SMTP, but there's a problem that having my custom modem and IP would be too expensive.
    Reactions: MMMm
    Couldn't sleep through day, so I spent some time hacking PwnAdventure3. The C++ pointers are really killing me.
    Reinstalled Debian for like the millionth time. Debian 10 isn't compatible with my PC :(
    cabfe
    cabfe
    There are many others.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    None of them compatible. I'm forced to stick with Debian 9 for the time being.
    Stronghold crusader is so far a game that gave me the most dark-lordy feeling. Children happily running around various evil structures... :D
    Being a sociopath can be tough. People assume I'm like them, but despite obvious clues nobody sees. They don't even see I'm different.
    Reactions: Elliott404
    Poryg
    Poryg
    In our country it is very common to prescribe antibiotics against flu. So I'm not sure about the help in our country being professional :D
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    This is beyond my understanding to be really honest, but I just want to say that a lot of us here like you and care about you very much, Poryg, and that it IS okay to be wildly different. Do not ever hate yourself for it.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    @Wavelength I don't really hate being different, it has its advantages. It just complicates some of my social interactions.
    My spoken English sounds so awkward thanks to my Slavic influence that I am thinking of employing heavy Czech accent while speaking English.
    MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    As long as people understand you I think that's fine.
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    That's not true. If you watch his YouTube tutorials, he speaks like a Slavic Prince, and captions like a royal Scribe. And he teaches you JavaScript, AND how to wield a light saber.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Lol, Slavic prince. Even Slavic royalty would speak proper English :D
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

ESAMarathon on Twitch, now streaming "Eat Girl". Yep, that's the title of a game... Apparently it's a Pacman knockoff.... Which is of course the only logical conclusion one would get from a name like "Eat Girl". :kaopride: I can't believe anybody would think anything else! :kaoback:
Super stoked i just finished my first town in my project, by finished i mean i can always add more decorative aesthetics and the NPCs don't talk yet but the mapping is complete and all the important chess pieces are present!
My brain: Hey, I have an idea how to make the transition to the main story quest in The Wastes more natural!
Me: Good!
My brain: You need to remake the hotel you start out in, it's not realistic enough.
Me: Ok... This was unexpected, but I can do it.
My brain: Now make each hotel floor 5 times as large to match the main part. Oh, you also need to make a bunch of new npcs to fill in the space on these maps.
Me: Crap.
Should be able to release Haxe MV/MZ next weekend.
It look that somehow MZ tracks are messed up (for example battle4 is obviously a theme, castle2 is a ship, ship1 is a scene and so on..). Maybe they just named them after with some ambiguity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lightnvs