Prescott
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I'm getting to the point where it's almost been five years since I started work on my game and I'm really getting tired of working on it. I can't stop now, though, otherwise that's way too much time/money wasted.
    Tea's Jams
    Tea's Jams
    Investment bias coupled with commitment to a team, those are powerful motivators.
    Prescott
    Prescott
    Thanks for the messages guys.
    I don't have a teaser for it out yet because I don't want to show off a product that's not quite visually where I want it to be yet.
    I do take breaks but I fear that sometimes the breaks go on too long and I don't want to get back into it. When I do start working on it again I usually feel the motivation come back but it's hard to just strap up.
    Prescott
    Prescott
    I did start another project a year or so ago, a horror game, and I completed a short roguelite as well. The horror game is completely done outside of everything in RPG Maker itself.
    I also have the soundtrack done for the game of this status if anyone wants to hear it:
    Do you think we'll keep getting updates for MZ features, or do you think they've already mentioned everything that's new?
    Prescott
    Prescott
    Thank you @Shaz for understanding what I meant xD wasn't it mentioned that something similar to TileD would be available for MZ at some point? That's a tool.
    Prescott
    Prescott
    Also, I think people will only use MV if they need a specific plug-in, they're still making a game in it (me), or if they can't afford MZ. XP-VXA use a different coding language so I can see people still using it because of that. 2K3 is very old-school and still has the most robust eventing system.
    J9_2R
    J9_2R
    I mean, MZ is basically just a modified MV. Next year we'll probably get MZ+ or something and they'll just change it so the battle system is back to looking like RM2K as opposed to RM2K3.
    Mad props for having RPG Maker MZ be 20% off if you pre-order and own MV, plus getting an MV Steam gift. So magnificent.
    DoubleX
    It's also magnificent enough for me to even reconsider whether I'll really wait for a while(like a big discount much later) instead of just going for the pre order :)
    Prescott
    Prescott
    I figured that $64 is cheap enough for me and I wanted to offer that copy of MV to anyone who was interested in getting into game creation as well. I can imagine it will go on sale for a similar price for the Winter sale and by next year it might even be cheaper, but paying only a bit more than I would for a video game for a new RPG Maker is fine by me!
    Black Pagan
    Black Pagan
    Its only $20 on Steam, Where i live :) But heh, I'll wait till Christmas to buy it. Besides, I'm already working on a Game on MV so this isn't the right time for me to get distracted.
    Tonight I'm finally going to start putting the dungeons my team has made on grid paper into the engine. That's the final step of making the game world.
    Reactions: Richard John S
    KazukiT
    KazukiT
    That actually sound like a great idea, that helps spotting error in the layout before making it. I do that for my puzzles.
    Icons are completely paid off and almost done. That's been a long time coming. Also almost done with all of the NPC houses. Can't exactly make the final push for that tonight but it will come soon :3
    Tried playing Panzer Dragoon Remake to fill the empty hole in my heart due to no Star Fox on Switch. Finished it with an even bigger hole. Nothing compares to Star Fox :'(
    The important buildings for my game are now completely mapped out. Onto the NPC housing! There are maybe 60 of those but a lot of layouts can be copy pasted. Shouldn't take too long until the game world minus dungeons is 100% done!
    Dang. All the city exteriors for my game are finally done. Super excited! And super tired.
    Reactions: MushroomCake28
    CrowStorm
    CrowStorm
    good for you.

city exteriors are a freakin' bytch. I've probably spent like six hours on mine, which is incredible because a) the original map was made by Jopac and b) I haven't even done any wandering-the-streets-NPCs yet.

also of note is that the first game I've made in like 15 years that actually even HAS a city you can visit. ONE. city. 1.
    6 more towns to make in my game. SIX. not done with interiors yet but SIX EXTERIORS.
    Kes
    Kes
    That's a lot to make individual/memorable, with NPCs saying and doing different things, with different building styles etc. I have never gone remotely near that number.
    Prescott
    Prescott
    Oh yeah believe me, I know. It's an open world game. I have NPCs there and there is at least 1 quest in every town. Most of them have their own lore and little things that flesh them out just a tiny bit. I've been working on the game for over 4 years, so... would not recommend trying it.
    Prescott
    Prescott
    The building styles are for the most part pretty similar, actually, but it's because I'm trying to give it a very classic RPG feel. That, and since I'm making so many towns it's kind of an inevitability. A few places have different houses in them, I'd say around 1/5. A few of them have specialized buildings too that are different.
    Broke the 1,000 hour mark on MV last night! Most of that was spent on 1 project, with most of that project being worked on outside the engine so far.
    MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    Well that's not procrastinating haha
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    The secret is to work on your Youtube while listening to your game in the background. Only then can you be the MV chosen one who will one day achieve 10,000 hours of pure game development power! :LZSexcite::thumbsup-right:
    Prescott
    Prescott
    Maybe like 40 hours or so of that is playing D&D with RPG Maker for battles, another 20 for a different game I made.
    RPG Maker on one screen YouTube on the other, the ultimate combo.
    the coffee shop i go to for open mic every friday only has 2 more open mics left and then they're done :'( i'm gonna die!

The map for a town I worked on tonight. I've been trying to make a town every night so I can get them all done before February. Interiors will be done Feb-March.
    14 towns left to create. Getting close. Hate making big cities and towns in/near the mountains lol.
    This is the year I finish my game. Not even a resolution, it's pretty much a certainty. 4+ years in the making so far.
    Reactions: The Stranger
    Hudell
    Hudell
    How long did you initially expected it would take to complete?
    Prescott
    Prescott
    @Hudell I didn't really have any expectations. I just started on it then kept on going.
    Gonna' start working on towns for my game soon. I've got all the details for them written down, so creating them in the engine should be a breeze!
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Can't say I've ever used OcRam's, but at least it's currently being updated. Definitely an upside these days.
    Prescott
    Prescott
    That's the big reason why I'm using it. When I saw that 2019 on there it made me pretty happy xD
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Yeah, it seems like that vast majority of plugins were made 2015 or 2016... Then the MV world just stopped turning. I mean aside from Yanfly's stuff. Probably a meteor came and took out all the plugin makers or something. :LZSwink:
    Christmas Eve has always been a great time for working on my game. IDK why but spirits are high and I get a lot of work done.
    AGH WTF how do i change the site back?!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So I managed to build a teleport skill. You can see the progression in the development topic
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/in-dev-multi-hit-target-selection.125049/

Here's how it looks:

But the real question is, can I pull off FF8?

I love these little slime battlers. Really wish I could find more animated ones :'(
The curse of retail: you get ideas, you want to make something with those ideas, but because you're always at friggin' work you can't actually do anything with them.
Quexp wrote on lumimae's profile.
Welcome! :)
Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed (geez... what a long name) is my favorite racing game, I've spended lots of hous leveling my characters, learning new techs and polishing my runs. My friends don't want to play with me anymore because I'm too good according to them :kaoeh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LksTTV