Prescott
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Dang. All the city exteriors for my game are finally done. Super excited! And super tired.
    Reactions: MushroomCake28
    CrowStorm
    CrowStorm
    good for you.

city exteriors are a freakin' bytch. I've probably spent like six hours on mine, which is incredible because a) the original map was made by Jopac and b) I haven't even done any wandering-the-streets-NPCs yet.

also of note is that the first game I've made in like 15 years that actually even HAS a city you can visit. ONE. city. 1.
    6 more towns to make in my game. SIX. not done with interiors yet but SIX EXTERIORS.
    Kes
    Kes
    That's a lot to make individual/memorable, with NPCs saying and doing different things, with different building styles etc. I have never gone remotely near that number.
    Prescott
    Prescott
    Oh yeah believe me, I know. It's an open world game. I have NPCs there and there is at least 1 quest in every town. Most of them have their own lore and little things that flesh them out just a tiny bit. I've been working on the game for over 4 years, so... would not recommend trying it.
    Prescott
    Prescott
    The building styles are for the most part pretty similar, actually, but it's because I'm trying to give it a very classic RPG feel. That, and since I'm making so many towns it's kind of an inevitability. A few places have different houses in them, I'd say around 1/5. A few of them have specialized buildings too that are different.
    Broke the 1,000 hour mark on MV last night! Most of that was spent on 1 project, with most of that project being worked on outside the engine so far.
    MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    Well that's not procrastinating haha
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    The secret is to work on your Youtube while listening to your game in the background. Only then can you be the MV chosen one who will one day achieve 10,000 hours of pure game development power! :LZSexcite::thumbsup-right:
    Prescott
    Prescott
    Maybe like 40 hours or so of that is playing D&D with RPG Maker for battles, another 20 for a different game I made.
    RPG Maker on one screen YouTube on the other, the ultimate combo.
    the coffee shop i go to for open mic every friday only has 2 more open mics left and then they're done :'( i'm gonna die!

The map for a town I worked on tonight. I've been trying to make a town every night so I can get them all done before February. Interiors will be done Feb-March.
    14 towns left to create. Getting close. Hate making big cities and towns in/near the mountains lol.
    This is the year I finish my game. Not even a resolution, it's pretty much a certainty. 4+ years in the making so far.
    Reactions: The Stranger
    Hudell
    Hudell
    How long did you initially expected it would take to complete?
    Prescott
    Prescott
    @Hudell I didn't really have any expectations. I just started on it then kept on going.
    Gonna' start working on towns for my game soon. I've got all the details for them written down, so creating them in the engine should be a breeze!
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Can't say I've ever used OcRam's, but at least it's currently being updated. Definitely an upside these days.
    Prescott
    Prescott
    That's the big reason why I'm using it. When I saw that 2019 on there it made me pretty happy xD
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Yeah, it seems like that vast majority of plugins were made 2015 or 2016... Then the MV world just stopped turning. I mean aside from Yanfly's stuff. Probably a meteor came and took out all the plugin makers or something. :LZSwink:
    Christmas Eve has always been a great time for working on my game. IDK why but spirits are high and I get a lot of work done.
    AGH WTF how do i change the site back?!
    Alright, 3 hours left at my job and that's going to be spent organizing side quests! Let's go,
    Reactions: Shaz
    Shaz
    Shaz
    wish I had a job like that :(
    Prescott
    Prescott
    @Shaz I just watch over events at a private venue and make sure nobody breaks anything lol
    Reactions: Shaz
    I've been working on my current project for 4 years now. Ever since MV was released. Crazy.
    KazukiT
    KazukiT
    Open World aren't my cup of tea but, I can always commemorate someone who puts the effort to make their world feel alive like how you are doing. I am also a solo dev, I am about finish my game though, by the end of the month I hope to have it done. Then I will make the cover art then playtest the game in its entirety.
    Prescott
    Prescott
    @FleshToDust think of it more like Breath of the Wild than Skyrim. You can take on any of the main quests at any time and they can have slight changes depending on the order that you do them in. There's an intended order but that's up to the player. We also tried to make all the side quests unique and feel like main quests.
    Prescott
    Prescott
    @KazukiT I got the idea of every NPC having a schedule that they follow from a video discussing on the Ys games. It was years ago at this point so I can't remember it. Even shopkeepers have desires and such, they aren't just simple NPCs. Every NPC has a name and a unique look. Good luck on your project :)
    Guess we're not going to get the MV Trinity features in PC MV ever? So weird that they haven't updated MV with the extended event commands.
    are there really devs out there saying it would take too much time to implement an easy difficulty mode? smh.
    Reactions: The Stranger
    Cryptic
    Cryptic
    Well, not the WHOLE game, exaggerating.
    Kes
    Kes
    Designing a straightforward easy mode would make a good thread in 'Game Mechanics Design'. Just because some people would never use it does not automatically mean that a dev shouldn't consider it. There are multiple audiences to aim for. If you want your game to appeal to more people, it is a reasonable route to at least think about.
    Prescott
    Prescott
    @Cryptic sometimes it can be difficult to do it in hindsight depending on what type of game you've made. If you do it right from the get-go though, it takes a couple of hours max.
    Going through a D&D campaign which has the story to the sequel to my game... now I'm even more excited to finish my current one xD
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Well it's been almost a whole year since I joined RMW, so i figured I should update my status.
This is my updated status.
Here's a sample of some pixel edits I made.

Maybe for use as sidewalks.
If there are any mods or admins online, could you please see about the re-translation pages for RPG Maker MV? They are all down :rsad:
Werewolf cons: you lose control of yourself once a month and could accidentally kill your friends. Vampire cons: no garlic bread. The choice is simple. Werewolf for sure.
2 huge market drops in 2 days. So glad I sold my non-dividend stocks about 2 weeks ago. And if the dividend ones drop heavily, hey more cheap stocks for me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
friskyomega