Birthday:
Jan 29, 1996 (Age: 23)
Home Page:
Game Designer/Musician

Share This Page

Prescott

argggghhh, Male, 23, from USA

Veteran

Toby Fox gives me power. Dude went from hacking Nintendo games to working on them. Absolute legend. Nov 6, 2019

Prescott was last seen:
Nov 21, 2019 at 3:24 PM
    1. Prescott
      Prescott
      Toby Fox gives me power. Dude went from hacking Nintendo games to working on them. Absolute legend.
      1. definite_lee likes this.
    2. Prescott
      Prescott
      Put in more work on my final quest writing. Getting closer to being done!
      1. The Stranger likes this.
    3. Prescott
      Prescott
      Alright, 3 hours left at my job and that's going to be spent organizing side quests! Let's go,
      1. Shaz likes this.
      2. Shaz
        Shaz
        wish I had a job like that :(
        Oct 29, 2019
        Prescott likes this.
      3. Prescott
        Prescott
        @Shaz I just watch over events at a private venue and make sure nobody breaks anything lol
        Oct 30, 2019
        Shaz likes this.
    4. Prescott
      Prescott
      I've been working on my current project for 4 years now. Ever since MV was released. Crazy.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. KazukiT
        KazukiT
        Open World aren't my cup of tea but, I can always commemorate someone who puts the effort to make their world feel alive like how you are doing. I am also a solo dev, I am about finish my game though, by the end of the month I hope to have it done. Then I will make the cover art then playtest the game in its entirety.
        Oct 25, 2019
        Prescott likes this.
      3. Prescott
        Prescott
        @FleshToDust think of it more like Breath of the Wild than Skyrim. You can take on any of the main quests at any time and they can have slight changes depending on the order that you do them in. There's an intended order but that's up to the player. We also tried to make all the side quests unique and feel like main quests.
        Oct 25, 2019
        FleshToDust and standardplayer like this.
      4. Prescott
        Prescott
        @KazukiT I got the idea of every NPC having a schedule that they follow from a video discussing on the Ys games. It was years ago at this point so I can't remember it. Even shopkeepers have desires and such, they aren't just simple NPCs. Every NPC has a name and a unique look. Good luck on your project :)
        Oct 25, 2019
        standardplayer likes this.
    5. Prescott
      Prescott
      Guess we're not going to get the MV Trinity features in PC MV ever? So weird that they haven't updated MV with the extended event commands.
      2. Milennin
        Milennin
        More eventing options always gets my support.
        Sep 22, 2019
        Elliott404, Prescott and The Stranger like this.
      3. Elliott404
        Elliott404
        The move routes one sounds useful..
        Sep 22, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        @Elliott404 It really does. I certainly wouldn't miss counting squares when trying to plan move routes. lol.
        Sep 22, 2019
        Prescott, Shaz and Elliott404 like this.
    6. Prescott
      Prescott
      are there really devs out there saying it would take too much time to implement an easy difficulty mode? smh.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Cryptic
        Cryptic
        Well, not the WHOLE game, exaggerating.
        Sep 18, 2019
      4. Kes
        Kes
        Designing a straightforward easy mode would make a good thread in 'Game Mechanics Design'. Just because some people would never use it does not automatically mean that a dev shouldn't consider it. There are multiple audiences to aim for. If you want your game to appeal to more people, it is a reasonable route to at least think about.
        Sep 19, 2019
      5. Prescott
        Prescott
        @Cryptic sometimes it can be difficult to do it in hindsight depending on what type of game you've made. If you do it right from the get-go though, it takes a couple of hours max.
        Sep 19, 2019
        Cryptic likes this.
    7. Prescott
      Prescott
      Going through a D&D campaign which has the story to the sequel to my game... now I'm even more excited to finish my current one xD
    8. Prescott
      Prescott
      Making 250 characters in GCH is probably the worst part about developing my game so far. So tedious, so hard to focus.
      1. Elliott404 and The Stranger like this.
    9. Prescott
      Prescott
      XP = Windows XP
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        Mobile version
        Aug 11, 2019
      3. Ami
        Ami
        2003: ???
        Aug 11, 2019
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        2003 - released 18th December 2002. Perhaps it was named 2003 because of how close the release date was to the new year.
        Aug 11, 2019
    10. Prescott
      Prescott
      15 more NPCs to create until I have them all! They all have schedules over a 4 day/night week. Next step is actually making their sprites xD
      1. RouletteBunnie and The Stranger like this.
    11. Prescott
      Prescott
      300 (ah ah ah) pages on my wiki now. Gotta' make about 60 more characters and write the quests down and then, for my purposes, it is done.
      2. Prescott
        Prescott
        Jul 5, 2019
      3. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        Nice! Did you do all the art yourself. It looks amazing and the characters' stories are well done too. Looking forward to seeing the release of this game.
        Jul 6, 2019
        Prescott likes this.
      4. Prescott
        Prescott
        @Hollow 1977 The art is made by my friend (@SkrillerArt on Twitter). The writing for pretty much everything on that Wiki was either written by me entirely or written by one of two other writers and then expounded on by me :)
        The game has been in development for almost 4 years now actually lol, we started right when MV came out.
        Jul 7, 2019
    12. Prescott
      Prescott
      quick question, anyone know if the hammerstrike pixel art animations actually come with the anims or do i need to make them myself?
      1. Marsigne likes this.
      2. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        Hammerstrike?
        Jun 26, 2019
      3. Prescott
        Prescott
        yeah it's on steam, it doesn't come with the actual animation database files, just the animation sheets
        Jun 26, 2019
        Marsigne likes this.
    13. Prescott
      Prescott
      When I have the drive to work on my wiki it just so happens that the website is fudged. Nice.
    14. Prescott
      Prescott
      Getting very close to finishing all of the characters on my wiki. It's been months. MONTHS. Only need a couple more days.
    15. Prescott
      Prescott
      Wrote an "article" on accessibility in video games. If you're interested you can find the link in the comments :)
      1. pandadodod and Finnuval like this.
      3. Prescott
        Prescott
        @Philosophus Vagus the thing you're missing though is that the core gameplay doesn't need to be compromised. Someone who loves the typical From Software game design of it being incredibly hard wouldn't have to compromise on that experience if they didn't want to.
        Apr 27, 2019
      4. Prescott
        Prescott
        Someone who doesn't like that kind of experience could just flip a difficulty switch and, although the combat would be changed up, the rest of the experience would remain the same. The art direction, the sound direction, etc. The developer doesn't make the compromise, the player does.
        Apr 27, 2019
      5. Prescott
        Prescott
        Therefore, if a player is upset they only got 45 minutes out of the game, they should probably play it on a harder difficulty. The easy solution is to just describe the difficulty levels as "Classic" or "Easy/Assisted" and hell, maybe even throw in an "Insane" difficulty. It's not hard and it gives players more options on how they want to experience the game.
        Apr 27, 2019
    16. Prescott
      Prescott
      Yo... DREAMS is amazing. Like... REALLY AMAZING. My game dev friends, if you have a PS4 CHECK IT OUT!!
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Looks really good, but I'm waiting for the physical release.
        Apr 21, 2019
      4. Mrs_Allykat
        Mrs_Allykat
        It does look interesting :p
        Apr 21, 2019
      5. Prescott
        Prescott
        @The Stranger you can get it cheaper if you buy it right now digitally since it is early access :3 that's what I did.
        Apr 22, 2019
    17. Prescott
      Prescott
      i saw a plugin a lot like yanfly's doodads but more advanced here a few months ago, but can't seem to find it again :(
      1. Poryg
      2. Prescott
        Prescott
        Hey thanks Poryg, I appreciate it!
        Apr 15, 2019
    18. Prescott
      Prescott
      I got all of the characters in the lore for my game accounted for on the wiki, including all of their relevant info! took a while!
      1. Mrs_Allykat and BadLittleSeed like this.
      3. Mrs_Allykat
        Mrs_Allykat
        It may be a work in progress, but the work and the care you're giving it shows. Very nicely done!
        Mar 26, 2019
        Prescott likes this.
      4. Prescott
        Prescott
        @Mrs_Allykat thank you! It is an open world game with a focus on the WORLD, so I'm trying to make it as in-depth and cohesive as possible!
        Mar 26, 2019
        Mrs_Allykat likes this.
      5. Mrs_Allykat
        Mrs_Allykat
        You have your work cut out for you. Open world games are awesome, but there will need to be quests, marked and unmarked everywhere. I'll certainly be rooting for you!
        Mar 27, 2019
        Prescott likes this.
    19. Prescott
      Prescott
      bad news: less time to work on my game because I have less time now :l (please add edit/delete function to statuses)
      1. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        Edit or Delete function? Not going to happen. They changed that for a reason.
        Mar 24, 2019
      2. Kes
        Kes
        What you could have done is to comment on your first Update, instead of starting a new one.
        Mar 24, 2019
        Prescott likes this.
    20. Prescott
      Prescott
      good news: got a better job as a singer, what i love doing.
      1. MushroomCake28 likes this.
  • About

Birthday:
    Jan 29, 1996 (Age: 23)
    Home Page:
    http://uselesstorch.weebly.com
    Game Designer/Musician
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Interests:
    Playing music, listening to music, making games, playing games.
    Hey everyone, you may know me by Redd on RRR or RMN. I changed my name on here to Prescott to reflect the rest of my stuff.

I have used RMXP since it first came out, but have since moved on to RMMV for the slew of great, new features it provides. The possibilities are endless!

I am a designer, developer, musician, writer, and graphic designer.