Birthday:
Jan 29, 1996 (Age: 23)
Home Page:
Game Designer/Musician

Share This Page

Prescott

argggghhh, Male, 23, from USA

Veteran

Toby Fox gives me power. Dude went from hacking Nintendo games to working on them. Absolute legend. Nov 6, 2019

Prescott was last seen:
Dec 5, 2019 at 4:07 PM
    1. Prescott
      Prescott
      Gotta' make an entire wiki for my NPCs. Spent about 9 hours on it last night and didn't even make a dent. Can't half ass this.
    2. Prescott
      Prescott
      Finally finished the drafts for all of the side quests in my open world. Now just need to fully write them... and make an NPC list... :o
      1. Lemonrice and The Stranger like this.
    3. Prescott
      Prescott
      my goal is to have 100 side quests in my game (it's an open world). i have finished writing 80. soooo close. so hard to make them all unique
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Prescott
        Prescott
        @cabfe I'm very aware of that. It's more of a soft goal than anything, I didn't want to make any throwaway "go kill the rats" quests but I do believe I have room to make more things that are unique enough to put in. If I don't make it to 100, that's okay, quality is definitely put before quantity.
        Feb 22, 2019
      3. cabfe
        cabfe
        Even a "go kill the rats" quest can be good. Like, if you have to corner them or make them get out of their hiding place, set up a trap... It's not just "kill".
        Feb 22, 2019
      4. Prescott
        Prescott
        Right, most of them can really be boiled down to that since, you know, it's an RPG lol, but I have been trying to make them as unique as I can.
        Feb 22, 2019
    4. Prescott
      Prescott
      I'm to a point in my game where I can't move forward until I finish writing the side quests. Open world dev takes soooooo long.
      1. MushroomCake28
        MushroomCake28
        I feel you. The first half of my game is very open world, but it took so much time that I made the second half linear (works with the story too). At the end of the game, the game returns to being open world with the addition of all the endgame side quests.
        Feb 12, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Do what Ubisoft does and fill your game with garbage. Oh, and towers that reveal the map. :p
        Feb 13, 2019
        Prescott and MushroomCake28 like this.
      3. MushroomCake28
        MushroomCake28
        @The Stranger If the game is filled with too much garbage, Ubisoft might sue us.
        Feb 13, 2019
        Prescott and The Stranger like this.
    5. Prescott
      Prescott
      there's a new far cry game? wtf?
      2. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        Also the complete lack of balance or attention to the weapons irked me. There's just no weight to them, I remember criticizing 4 similarly when it comes to weapon verisimilitude but boy did 5 see me missing 4 with it's nonsense.

Not at all interested in New Dawn, truthfully speaking I've had as much as I can stand of on-the-rails openworld "sandboxes" at this point.
        Feb 4, 2019
        samkfj likes this.
      3. samkfj
        samkfj
        Yeah--the weapons were bad. I could not understand how a .45-70 takes two bullets to take down a normal enemy. It should be one bullet to take out a bear.

I ended up using the 1911 most of the game hahaha
        Feb 4, 2019
      4. samkfj
        samkfj
        And yes--I hated the constant kidnapping... It's like c'mon bro, lemme just explore and do sheep, I wish there was the option to reduce the amount of reputation you would gain or just to turn it off entirely and make it a quest line or something.
        Feb 4, 2019
    6. Prescott
      Prescott
      it's my birthday. i'm 23. nobody likes you when you're 23.
      2. Prescott
        Prescott
        Thanks for the wishes everyone :) "nobody likes you when you're 23" is a blink182 reference ;)
        Feb 1, 2019
      3. samkfj
        samkfj
        Thank you by the way--I couldn't get that song out of my head for about 12 hours. :p
        Feb 1, 2019
        Prescott likes this.
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        Oh, I don't know that one. Oops!
        Feb 1, 2019
        Prescott likes this.
    7. Prescott
      Prescott
      why is rm2k3 $4 here but $20 on steam?
      1. Poryg
        Poryg
        Winter sale?
        Jan 18, 2019
      2. Prescott
        Prescott
        Jan 18, 2019
    8. Prescott
      Prescott
      i listened to the rmxp soundtrack the other day and it gave me so much nostalgia i wanted to make a game with it again
      1. dsiver144 and kirbwarrior like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. kirbwarrior
        kirbwarrior
        I was so happy when the makers came over officially. I now own them all from 2k forward on Steam, but I did have both PK and a regular unofficial english XP back in the day. I've always been pretty evasive about talking about PK since I know it's not allowed on most forums.
        Jan 19, 2019
      4. Prescott
        Prescott
        @kirbwarrior the way i see it, it's more of a funny part of rm's history than something a lot of people are actively using nowadays, it's probably not as much of an issue.
        Jan 20, 2019
        kirbwarrior likes this.
      5. kirbwarrior
        kirbwarrior
        That's true, and it's not like people don't know about it or Don Miguel's 2k. Honestly, I don't know if using PK is "bad" if you also have and use the official XP.
        Jan 20, 2019
        Prescott likes this.
    9. Prescott
      Prescott
      Alpha testing pretty successful so far, a few bugs but nothing bad, really just need to balance things a bit.
      1. kirbwarrior and Drifter92 like this.
    10. Prescott
      Prescott
      Alpha 2 finally done! If I need some testers... I'll definitely let you guys know. Trying to keep it as internal as possible right now ;)
    11. Prescott
      Prescott
      that moment when you realize something is much easier than you thought it would be... game dev bliss
      1. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        Yup, happens to me with move routes. :D
        Dec 12, 2018
        Prescott likes this.
    12. Prescott
      Prescott
      getting all of the enemies plugged into the game world now, this is gonna' take a while.
      1. Marsigne likes this.
      2. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        Good luck! :)
        Dec 11, 2018
        Prescott likes this.
    13. Prescott
      Prescott
      game dev going super well. can't wait for y'all to play it.
      1. Marsigne and Finnuval like this.
      2. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        That's good!
        Dec 4, 2018
        Prescott likes this.
      3. Kupotepo
        Kupotepo
        @Prescott, you have a big team and your artworks are cool.
        Dec 4, 2018
        Prescott and Marsigne like this.
      4. Prescott
        Prescott
        @Kupotepo thank you! i wish i could show off more, but it really isn't in a place where i can do that... yet ;) getting very close though :)
        Dec 10, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
    14. Prescott
      Prescott
      wtf is the locked achievement for rmmv on steam??
      1. Marsigne likes this.
      2. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        Clicking global achievements reveals its name is "First Launch".... I'm guessing achievements were planned, but this is all that remains of it.
        Dec 3, 2018
        Marsigne and Prescott like this.
      3. Hudell
        Hudell
        Activated it on my profile to check. It doesn't even have a picture, so they probably gave up on the idea.
        Dec 3, 2018
        Marsigne and Prescott like this.
      4. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        RIP on achievers.
        Dec 4, 2018
        Prescott likes this.
    15. Prescott
      Prescott
      I've been slacking so much... I really need to work on my game again. I'm so close to getting Alpha 2 out!
      1. punchybot likes this.
    16. Prescott
      Prescott
      Went to make a magic shop today and realised I already had the plugin installed and fully set up xD gonna change it up a bit tho, new ideas!
      1. Finnuval likes this.
    17. Prescott
      Prescott
      Almost have the extra lore completely written for the game! Just little notes/journals and stuff you can read around towns :)
      1. Finnuval and Tonko like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Prescott
        Prescott
        @samkfj i have 1 written piece per town, that explains a lot of the world's and people's history. the rest is mentioned by villagers you talk to or overhear in conversation :)
        Oct 22, 2018
        samkfj likes this.
      4. samkfj
        samkfj
        I do that too! Gives the NPCs things to talk about instead of "Hey great weather"
        Oct 22, 2018
        Prescott likes this.
      5. Tonko
        Tonko
        Those little details of the story really make a difference! c:
        Oct 22, 2018
        Prescott likes this.
    18. Prescott
      Prescott
      it's been 3 years since i started my current project. crazy to think that. it's not even in beta yet. love it.
      1. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        The average alpha stage for a modern game is 5-7 years...that's for professional development teams with hundreds of employees behind it. I shutter to think what the average for solo hobbiests is. Probably closer to never released than most of us would like.
        Oct 12, 2018
        DivideByZero and The Stranger like this.
      2. DivideByZero
        DivideByZero
        2010 I started mine (I think). I know the feels.
        Oct 12, 2018
        Prescott likes this.
      3. Prescott
        Prescott
        @Philosophus Vagus yeah we are going into alpha 2 very soon. i've done most of the work myself but the art has been done by other people and that's really the only thing that's slow going. hopefully we can get it done within the next two years xD
        Oct 16, 2018
    19. Prescott
      Prescott
      soul calibur vi... not that good. feels a lot worse than v.
      1. Windows i7
        Windows i7
        Game series that run long enough always seem to deteriorate at some point. Maybe this is what happened here...
        Sep 30, 2018
      2. BloodletterQ
        BloodletterQ
        Reversal Edge got you?
        Sep 30, 2018
      3. Prescott
        Prescott
        @BloodletterQ i actually understand that, it's pretty cool. i play siegfried, can't do anything with him in sc6 that i can in sc5 it seems. he'll jump when i want to do upwards vertical attacks and stuff like that.
        Sep 30, 2018
    20. Prescott
      Prescott
      what's better, rtp music or mediocre custom music?
      2. Archeia
        Archeia
        why not both
        Aug 23, 2018
        Amane Kagari likes this.
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        Neither. Both are huge turnoffs for me.
        Aug 23, 2018
      4. Dalph
        Dalph
        How about good custom music?
        The internet is a huge place and full of it.
        Yes, for free too.
        Aug 23, 2018
        Amane Kagari likes this.
  • About

Birthday:
    Jan 29, 1996 (Age: 23)
    Home Page:
    http://uselesstorch.weebly.com
    Game Designer/Musician
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Interests:
    Playing music, listening to music, making games, playing games.
    Hey everyone, you may know me by Redd on RRR or RMN. I changed my name on here to Prescott to reflect the rest of my stuff.

I have used RMXP since it first came out, but have since moved on to RMMV for the slew of great, new features it provides. The possibilities are endless!

I am a designer, developer, musician, writer, and graphic designer.