Birthday:
Jan 29, 1996 (Age: 23)
Home Page:
Game Designer/Musician

Share This Page

Prescott

argggghhh, Male, 23, from USA

Veteran

Toby Fox gives me power. Dude went from hacking Nintendo games to working on them. Absolute legend. Nov 6, 2019

Prescott was last seen:
Nov 13, 2019 at 5:04 PM
    1. Prescott
      Prescott
      im thinking miku miku oooweeooo
    2. Prescott
      Prescott
      i thought my game was done for and then realised i typed in only one backslash when there should have been two backslashes. lol.
    3. Prescott
      Prescott
      dude the smash 4 evo grand finals were among the best i've ever seen, fricking lol (wtf this site censors?)
      1. Marsigne likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        Everything but sheep for some reason.

Most of them still get your point across, the only one that ever bothers me is lovable since this is an RPG forums and weaponry discussions crop up fairly regularly and it's a common descriptor to a type of sword. lovable sword? Hand and a half sword, so a kind of dagger? Oh, you mean a b@stard sword, why didn't you just say so?
        Aug 6, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
      4. TheMutantSpaceDancer
        TheMutantSpaceDancer
        wait there's a kind of sword called a basstard sword? Why did no one tell me that's beautiful.
        Aug 6, 2018
        Philosophus Vagus and mlogan like this.
      5. Poryg
        Poryg
        I'm a lovable and I'm not seeing it as offensive, even when someone calls me that. It's like calling me Dick - my name.
        Aug 7, 2018
        Prescott likes this.
    4. Prescott
      Prescott
      waiting for my artist to finish the enemies is killing me... that's the last thing i need to finalize the second alpha testing phase.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        placeholder graphic? reminds me of a random bat which was poppin up randomly in @richter_h 's game while im doin alpha (or beta?) testing it. It supposed to be a boss but used mobs bat graphic that I didn't expect it was a boss.
        Aug 2, 2018
      3. richter_h
        richter_h
        Agreed with people above. Placeholders are there for reasons like that kind of moment where the assets aren't ready yet.

Also, seems like I've found @TheoAllen's new favorite stuff :guffaw:
        Aug 3, 2018
      4. Prescott
        Prescott
        I could use placeholders but I would rather not because I would have to disassemble and then reassemble the character sheets all over again in the same way since my enemies walk around the map, no random encounters.
        Aug 3, 2018
    5. Prescott
      Prescott
      I would personally rather use RMMV or NES Maker than Pixel Game Maker MV.
      1. Marsigne likes this.
      2. KayZaman
        KayZaman
        NES Maker? Is it exist?
        Jul 29, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
      3. Prescott
        Prescott
        @KayZaman yeah it is coming out soon, check it out! it lets you create games and use .NES format so you can play it in emulators and even on actual consoles.
        Jul 30, 2018
        Marsigne and KayZaman like this.
    6. Prescott
      Prescott
      1. Marsigne likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Prescott
        Prescott
        @mlogan I mean, the look of the game isn't where I want it to be quite yet, so I don't want to go showing it off. You need to have screenshots in order to make a post about your game here and RMN. So I'll be waiting until the look of the game is basically perfect to actually show anything!
        Jul 22, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
      4. mlogan
        mlogan
        Okay, I mean, do what you want, but the point of game development topics isn't to show perfection, but progress. Your choice though.
        Jul 22, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
      5. Prescott
        Prescott
        My artist is very close to finishing everything so once that's all finalised I'll be putting up the topic :)
        Jul 22, 2018
    7. Prescott
      Prescott
      It would be legit if we got a PC port of RPG Maker 3 that we could import our own models/textures/music into.
      1. Marsigne likes this.
      2. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        I'd rather have RPG Maker II ported than RPG Maker 3. I hear 3 didn't do to well commercially compared to II.
        Jul 22, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
      3. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        I used 3, I liked it because it introduced me to rpg maker but it was very limiting by itself. I also never quite figured out how damage numbers worked back then, I had a hard time getting accurate measures. You didn't input formulas it was more general effect points of the attack.
        Jul 22, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
      4. Prescott
        Prescott
        @Vox Novus yup that is exactly how XP was too, took me a bit to get used to MV hahaha. Much easier in XP, but more customisable in MV.
        Jul 22, 2018
        Vox Novus and Marsigne like this.
    8. Prescott
      Prescott
      sick af but still on the grind
      1. Marsigne and SpaceBot like this.
    9. Prescott
      Prescott
      I've been developing a crafting system for my game from scratch and it's a cute and a half. Need to account for over 1000 different combos.
      1. Marsigne and SpaceBot like this.
      2. Prescott
        Prescott
        What's crazy is that because of the way I'm making it, the player will likely never see how crazy it is and it will be intensely simplified for them, only showing them things they can craft with their current inventory.
        Jul 16, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
      3. TakeHomeTheCup
        TakeHomeTheCup
        Are you scripting it or eventing it?
        Jul 16, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
      4. Prescott
        Prescott
        @TakeHomeTheCup I'm eventing it. I can edit JS somewhat but haven't figured out how to do stuff from scratch quite yet. I do know how to event like a crazy man though so that's my go-to.
        Jul 16, 2018
        TakeHomeTheCup and Marsigne like this.
    10. Prescott
      Prescott
      So close to Alpha 2 for my RPG. Just need to get all the enemies placed in the world, the crafting system, and the magic store!
      1. starlight dream likes this.
    11. Prescott
      Prescott
      want to work on my game but i slept so poorly last night i'm dead tired xP rip
      1. starlight dream likes this.
    12. Prescott
      Prescott
      Did some location scouting for a horror game over the weekend. Got some pictures, audio, and video of abandoned buildings.
      1. SpaceBot and Sauteed_Onion like this.
      2. SpaceBot
        SpaceBot
        woo!
        Jun 25, 2018
        Sauteed_Onion and Prescott like this.
    13. Prescott
      Prescott
      All I have to do for my enemies now is add their attacks! Elements, stats, exp, drops, etc all done!
    14. Prescott
    15. Prescott
      Prescott
      1. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        Congrats!
        Mar 20, 2018
        Prescott likes this.
    16. Prescott
      Prescott
      To minimap or to not minimap, that is the question
      1. Nightblade50 likes this.
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        To minimap :p
        Mar 17, 2018
        starlight dream and Nightblade50 like this.
      3. Llareian
        Llareian
        Minimap with toggle.
        Mar 17, 2018
    17. Prescott
      Prescott
      heh heh heh! figured out the issue with my game! first time doing anything javascript related... won't be the last.
      1. Nightblade50 and The Stranger like this.
    18. Prescott
      Prescott
      I only have one thing hindering my game development but I can't figure it out :X awful feeling
    19. Prescott
      Prescott
      One side project is almost done! I just need to test it more thoroughly, fix up some bugs, slide some music into it and voila!
    20. Prescott
      Prescott
      Need to work on a couple side projects to get me out of a bit of a financial pickle, so have to put my huge project on temporary hiatus :(
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Prescott
        Prescott
        I appreciate that! They're pretty bad. I'm short $200 because my hours had to be cut since my work closed one of the locations and are bringing people from that store over to mine. But I'll make it x) probably!
        Aug 17, 2017
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        That sounds pretty rough. Do you have enough for bills, food, etc?
        Aug 17, 2017
      4. Prescott
        Prescott
        Well right now I do, but come October I won't if I can't get money, which means I'll have to switch jobs or add another job onto the one I have which wouldn't be great, but I'll be able to make it work nonetheless.
        I appreciate the concern, though.
        Aug 17, 2017
  • About

Birthday:
    Jan 29, 1996 (Age: 23)
    Home Page:
    http://uselesstorch.weebly.com
    Game Designer/Musician
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Interests:
    Playing music, listening to music, making games, playing games.
    Hey everyone, you may know me by Redd on RRR or RMN. I changed my name on here to Prescott to reflect the rest of my stuff.

I have used RMXP since it first came out, but have since moved on to RMMV for the slew of great, new features it provides. The possibilities are endless!

I am a designer, developer, musician, writer, and graphic designer.