Prescott
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• 300 (ah ah ah) pages on my wiki now. Gotta' make about 60 more characters and write the quests down and then, for my purposes, it is done.
    Prescott
    Prescott
    Hollow 1977
    Hollow 1977
    Nice! Did you do all the art yourself. It looks amazing and the characters' stories are well done too. Looking forward to seeing the release of this game.
    Prescott
    Prescott
    @Hollow 1977 The art is made by my friend (@SkrillerArt on Twitter). The writing for pretty much everything on that Wiki was either written by me entirely or written by one of two other writers and then expounded on by me :)
    The game has been in development for almost 4 years now actually lol, we started right when MV came out.
    quick question, anyone know if the hammerstrike pixel art animations actually come with the anims or do i need to make them myself?
    Reactions: Marsigne
    Marsigne
    Marsigne
    Hammerstrike?
    Prescott
    Prescott
    yeah it's on steam, it doesn't come with the actual animation database files, just the animation sheets
    When I have the drive to work on my wiki it just so happens that the website is fudged. Nice.
    Getting very close to finishing all of the characters on my wiki. It's been months. MONTHS. Only need a couple more days.
    Wrote an "article" on accessibility in video games. If you're interested you can find the link in the comments :)
    Prescott
    Prescott
    @Philosophus Vagus the thing you're missing though is that the core gameplay doesn't need to be compromised. Someone who loves the typical From Software game design of it being incredibly hard wouldn't have to compromise on that experience if they didn't want to.
    Prescott
    Prescott
    Someone who doesn't like that kind of experience could just flip a difficulty switch and, although the combat would be changed up, the rest of the experience would remain the same. The art direction, the sound direction, etc. The developer doesn't make the compromise, the player does.
    Prescott
    Prescott
    Therefore, if a player is upset they only got 45 minutes out of the game, they should probably play it on a harder difficulty. The easy solution is to just describe the difficulty levels as "Classic" or "Easy/Assisted" and hell, maybe even throw in an "Insane" difficulty. It's not hard and it gives players more options on how they want to experience the game.
    I got all of the characters in the lore for my game accounted for on the wiki, including all of their relevant info! took a while!
    bad news: less time to work on my game because I have less time now :l (please add edit/delete function to statuses)
    OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    Edit or Delete function? Not going to happen. They changed that for a reason.
    Kes
    Kes
    What you could have done is to comment on your first Update, instead of starting a new one.
    Gotta' make an entire wiki for my NPCs. Spent about 9 hours on it last night and didn't even make a dent. Can't half ass this.
    my goal is to have 100 side quests in my game (it's an open world). i have finished writing 80. soooo close. so hard to make them all unique
    Prescott
    Prescott
    @cabfe I'm very aware of that. It's more of a soft goal than anything, I didn't want to make any throwaway "go kill the rats" quests but I do believe I have room to make more things that are unique enough to put in. If I don't make it to 100, that's okay, quality is definitely put before quantity.
    cabfe
    cabfe
    Even a "go kill the rats" quest can be good. Like, if you have to corner them or make them get out of their hiding place, set up a trap... It's not just "kill".
    Prescott
    Prescott
    Right, most of them can really be boiled down to that since, you know, it's an RPG lol, but I have been trying to make them as unique as I can.
    I'm to a point in my game where I can't move forward until I finish writing the side quests. Open world dev takes soooooo long.
    there's a new far cry game? wtf?
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Also the complete lack of balance or attention to the weapons irked me. There's just no weight to them, I remember criticizing 4 similarly when it comes to weapon verisimilitude but boy did 5 see me missing 4 with it's nonsense.

Not at all interested in New Dawn, truthfully speaking I've had as much as I can stand of on-the-rails openworld "sandboxes" at this point.
    Reactions: samkfj
    samkfj
    samkfj
    Yeah--the weapons were bad. I could not understand how a .45-70 takes two bullets to take down a normal enemy. It should be one bullet to take out a bear.

I ended up using the 1911 most of the game hahaha
    samkfj
    samkfj
    And yes--I hated the constant kidnapping... It's like c'mon bro, lemme just explore and do ****, I wish there was the option to reduce the amount of reputation you would gain or just to turn it off entirely and make it a quest line or something.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I couldn't have Taco Bell, so I grabbed a giant piece of strawberry cheesecake instead.
Guys one of our Animal Crossing Villagers (Sherb) just told us that he hoped that the villager who was having her birthday had as memorable of a birthday as his sixth birthday. Which was "the one where the clown went into our house and never came back" and that "his mother says she still sometimes hears the honking in the walls".
My tutor has been furloughed for 8 weeks. If we are too... sucks, but it's a lot of game making time...
Social distancing extended for another week. Personally I'm cool, but this is depressing.
GOOOOD MOOORNING!
APRIL WILL BE BETTER!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
U_do_Dad_Jokes