Prescott
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• i listened to the rmxp soundtrack the other day and it gave me so much nostalgia i wanted to make a game with it again
    kirbwarrior
    kirbwarrior
    I was so happy when the makers came over officially. I now own them all from 2k forward on Steam, but I did have both PK and a regular unofficial english XP back in the day. I've always been pretty evasive about talking about PK since I know it's not allowed on most forums.
    Prescott
    Prescott
    @kirbwarrior the way i see it, it's more of a funny part of rm's history than something a lot of people are actively using nowadays, it's probably not as much of an issue.
    kirbwarrior
    kirbwarrior
    That's true, and it's not like people don't know about it or Don Miguel's 2k. Honestly, I don't know if using PK is "bad" if you also have and use the official XP.
    Alpha 2 finally done! If I need some testers... I'll definitely let you guys know. Trying to keep it as internal as possible right now ;)
    wtf is the locked achievement for rmmv on steam??
    Reactions: Marsigne
    JtheDuelist
    JtheDuelist
    Clicking global achievements reveals its name is "First Launch".... I'm guessing achievements were planned, but this is all that remains of it.
    Hudell
    Hudell
    Activated it on my profile to check. It doesn't even have a picture, so they probably gave up on the idea.
    Marsigne
    Marsigne
    RIP on achievers.
    Went to make a magic shop today and realised I already had the plugin installed and fully set up xD gonna change it up a bit tho, new ideas!
    Almost have the extra lore completely written for the game! Just little notes/journals and stuff you can read around towns :)
    Reactions: Finnuval and Tonko
    Prescott
    Prescott
    @samkfj i have 1 written piece per town, that explains a lot of the world's and people's history. the rest is mentioned by villagers you talk to or overhear in conversation :)
    Reactions: samkfj
    samkfj
    samkfj
    I do that too! Gives the NPCs things to talk about instead of "Hey great weather"
    Tonko
    Tonko
    Those little details of the story really make a difference! c:
    it's been 3 years since i started my current project. crazy to think that. it's not even in beta yet. love it.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    The average alpha stage for a modern game is 5-7 years...that's for professional development teams with hundreds of employees behind it. I shutter to think what the average for solo hobbiests is. Probably closer to never released than most of us would like.
    DivideByZero
    DivideByZero
    2010 I started mine (I think). I know the feels.
    Prescott
    Prescott
    @Philosophus Vagus yeah we are going into alpha 2 very soon. i've done most of the work myself but the art has been done by other people and that's really the only thing that's slow going. hopefully we can get it done within the next two years xD
    soul calibur vi... not that good. feels a lot worse than v.
    Windows i7
    Windows i7
    Game series that run long enough always seem to deteriorate at some point. Maybe this is what happened here...
    BloodletterQ
    BloodletterQ
    Reversal Edge got you?
    Prescott
    Prescott
    @BloodletterQ i actually understand that, it's pretty cool. i play siegfried, can't do anything with him in sc6 that i can in sc5 it seems. he'll jump when i want to do upwards vertical attacks and stuff like that.
    i thought my game was done for and then realised i typed in only one backslash when there should have been two backslashes. lol.
    dude the smash 4 evo grand finals were among the best i've ever seen, ****ing lol (wtf this site censors?)
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Everything but **** for some reason.

Most of them still get your point across, the only one that ever bothers me is ******* since this is an RPG forums and weaponry discussions crop up fairly regularly and it's a common descriptor to a type of sword. ******* sword? Hand and a half sword, so a kind of dagger? Oh, you mean a b@stard sword, why didn't you just say so?
    TheMutantSpaceDancer
    TheMutantSpaceDancer
    wait there's a kind of sword called a basstard sword? Why did no one tell me that's beautiful.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    I'm a ******* and I'm not seeing it as offensive, even when someone calls me that. It's like calling me Dick - my name.
    waiting for my artist to finish the enemies is killing me... that's the last thing i need to finalize the second alpha testing phase.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    placeholder graphic? reminds me of a random bat which was poppin up randomly in @richter_h 's game while im doin alpha (or beta?) testing it. It supposed to be a boss but used mobs bat graphic that I didn't expect it was a boss.
    richter_h
    richter_h
    Agreed with people above. Placeholders are there for reasons like that kind of moment where the assets aren't ready yet.

Also, seems like I've found @TheoAllen's new favorite stuff :guffaw:
    Prescott
    Prescott
    I could use placeholders but I would rather not because I would have to disassemble and then reassemble the character sheets all over again in the same way since my enemies walk around the map, no random encounters.
    Prescott
    Prescott
    @mlogan I mean, the look of the game isn't where I want it to be quite yet, so I don't want to go showing it off. You need to have screenshots in order to make a post about your game here and RMN. So I'll be waiting until the look of the game is basically perfect to actually show anything!
    mlogan
    mlogan
    Okay, I mean, do what you want, but the point of game development topics isn't to show perfection, but progress. Your choice though.
    Prescott
    Prescott
    My artist is very close to finishing everything so once that's all finalised I'll be putting up the topic :)
    It would be legit if we got a PC port of RPG Maker 3 that we could import our own models/textures/music into.
    JtheDuelist
    JtheDuelist
    I'd rather have RPG Maker II ported than RPG Maker 3. I hear 3 didn't do to well commercially compared to II.
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    I used 3, I liked it because it introduced me to rpg maker but it was very limiting by itself. I also never quite figured out how damage numbers worked back then, I had a hard time getting accurate measures. You didn't input formulas it was more general effect points of the attack.
    Prescott
    Prescott
    @Vox Novus yup that is exactly how XP was too, took me a bit to get used to MV hahaha. Much easier in XP, but more customisable in MV.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Kraken Art By @whtdragon

- For the No Travel Game Jam -
Yay! One of my Youtube videos got to 100 views (in 2 days)! This Youtube thing is great, it's like the profile posts except I get to annoy entertain more people at once! Now I just have to practice my "Leave a like and hit that Subscribe button" shilling technique. :LZSexcite:
Just found out there is an about me page. I updated it and happy the way its looking!
Ladies and Gentlemen, I can't act like things will be ok anymore. It needs to be said: We have a Pandemic...
Release version of Pillow Hero is out on windows now! --> https://bit.ly/2USHKLv

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormyRange