Prez
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• There a thread out there that tells us the best way to open an RPG that isn't 'the protag gets out of bed'?
    You ever have a great idea and then almost immediately discover someone else had the exact same idea?
    First time posting around after a year and then some. Old ideas basically cancelled. I do wish I had a better interest span. :V
    Back and thinking on a new game idea. Having trouble deciding whether to go with a fantasy setting or a modern one. THEY BOTH HAVE MERITS :V
    samkfj
    samkfj
    What about a fantasy world that evolved into a modern one? Where people use computers and cars but use magic to power them.
    Reactions: Prez
    Mystic_Enigma
    Mystic_Enigma
    Why not fuse both together? Saves the trouble of choosing!
    Reactions: Prez
    So, for anyone who's used IG Maker; is it any good? Would you recommend it?
    Prez
    Prez
    @Tai_MT I've heard that it's good for platformers. Or at least, it advertises itself as such. Or did you mean you just don't have any ideas?
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I have no ideas for a game to make with it. Generally, I engage in "game design" when I have a story I want to tell. Without a story... no reason to buy it to play with it.
    IAmJakeSauvage
    IAmJakeSauvage
    @Prez I would say it's *as* intuitive as IG Maker. There's a steep learning curve with both though (although GM seems to have a lot more tutorials available).
    I want to move on from tiles and resources to the actual eventing of my game thing; where do you normally start with that?
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    I do that first actually. Then once I got enough of the game using the RTP as a placeholder, then I look at editing the rest.
    Prez
    Prez
    @bgillisp Perhaps that was a badly-worded question; I've already done most of the tiles to my satisfaction; I mean, which part of the eventing is typically done first?
    I just don't know, don't know, how I'm gonna deal with you, Doc-doc-doc-doc-doctor Beat.
    You ever think 'hmm, best put my dream project on hold and work on something smaller', only for THAT to turn into a dream project, too? :V
    Reactions: Nightblade50
    Afterl1ght
    Afterl1ght
    While working on the so-called "dream project", I think it is obvious that sometimes indie devs work really hard on their planned game and expect to have a successful outcome. Which, often requires a hard workout.... and as for that, they give up to do something "smaller" I assume? LZYskeptic
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    that smaller project now become a dream project for me now, and my first (dream) project is still currently on hold indefinitely
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Always. -_-; The only time it didn't was when I was working on my Tiny16 tileset, but only because the entire point of the set was to make something usable in as few tiles as possible.

Hmm, there's a game idea. . . .
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Fekken kill me. I unknowingly swapped out two important events's codes and saved the game to test it. I'm just doing this for fun and the fun has now been replaced with excruciating torture.
Is this how game developers feel all the time?

EDIT:
WAIT HOLY S***
MY LAST POST ASKING FOR HELP ON AN EVENT ACTUALLY SAVED IT
OH MY GOD
Coffee + Silk Coconut Milk + Splenda Zero = Not ..... awful :/ .
I was making a cutscene where Hero's dad got killed by the dragon but when he lose its say game over and send you to the tittle screen. How can remove game over for that cutscene
My new RPG Maker music pack, Emotional: Redemption, is now in progress and will be coming to RPG Maker soon. It is an album that focuses on emotional themes including the darker forms of sorrow and despair. Below is a demo of a composition from the album.

Please watch out for your hands when handling chests! XD Did this a few days ago, it was fun to animate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zookx1