Recent content by Prez

1. Prez

Hmm... I wonder if I'd be able to get away with going out in public wearing a gas mask, like I'd...

Hmm... I wonder if I'd be able to get away with going out in public wearing a gas mask, like I'd just joined the NCR Ranger HECU Division. :V
  2. Prez

Rules Ideas That Don’t Deserve Their Own Thread

@ArtistDavidHarper With regards to the 'why not just show these events' statement, I had assumed some of said events could be relatively mundane or incidental things that don't really warrant being shown, if being 'shown' them is even possible. For example, skills could be determined by 'so what...
  3. Prez

@RachelTheSeeker Re: Mimics: That reminds me, I remember reading someone's concept for a D&D dungeon crawl over on Reddit. IIRC, it started as a fairly standard adventure where a couple of adventurers go into a big ol' cave to battle a dragon, except they discover along the way that the dragon...
  4. Prez

RMMV Non-Standard (Non-Humanoid) Protagonists

I've had plenty of ideas of this type, mostly involving aliens or robots. One of my most recurring settings (recurring in my mind, that is) has no humans at all, with the protagonists being long-legged frog critters from space, alongside monopedal birds and sandworms with cyborg arms. I've had a...
  5. Prez

@The Stranger I dunno if they came back recently, I just know the first time they came back and...

@The Stranger I dunno if they came back recently, I just know the first time they came back and I wanted to make a dumb pun. ...Unless you're saying you were a kid when they came out originally way back when (I wanna say the 60s?), but I didn't think you were that old. :V
  6. Prez

Back in the old days, long before I was born, salted crisps - or potato chips, for you yanks -...

Back in the old days, long before I was born, salted crisps - or potato chips, for you yanks - came unsalted and had a little pouch of salt to manually shake on it. Of course, things are more efficient now, but Walker's still brought back the old 'Salt 'N' Shake' style a couple years ago. Dunno...
  7. Prez

Crossing roads with perfect timing is the one marketable skill I have. Maybe if the situation...

Crossing roads with perfect timing is the one marketable skill I have. Maybe if the situation deteriorates enough, I can charge people to learn how to cross the road from me. :V
  8. Prez

Question! If anyone here has any of the Time Fantasy tiles, or the Omega Modern one, do they...

Question! If anyone here has any of the Time Fantasy tiles, or the Omega Modern one, do they include character templates/bases/whatever the term is?
  9. Prez

Continuing on from that last idea, I've got some rough ideas for mechanics for my next (major) game idea I could do some with feedback on. First of all, there's no level system at all. In lieu of this, you learn new skills by 'scanning' enemies with a particular item, and you gain a skill in...
  10. Prez

@ImaginaryVillain 'Solid start' is right :V

@ImaginaryVillain 'Solid start' is right :V
  11. Prez

There a thread out there that tells us the best way to open an RPG that isn't 'the protag gets...

There a thread out there that tells us the best way to open an RPG that isn't 'the protag gets out of bed'?
  12. Prez

16-bit style sound FX

Hallo! So something I've grappled with in the past when thinking of game ideas has been sound FX - since I'm a big fan of the POP Horror tileset and that sort of retro pixelly style in general, I feel like the standard crisp-and-modern RTP sound FX - not to mention most of the stuff you can find...
  13. Prez

@The Stranger I've never played it, but from what I've been told, it's a rubbish attempt at a...

@The Stranger I've never played it, but from what I've been told, it's a rubbish attempt at a modern RPG that tries to be deep but just winds up being obnoxiously pretentious, chiefly because of its unlikeable protag and a tone-deaf attempt at incorporating a real-life unexplained death case...
  14. Prez

How do you make cutscenes less boring? Besides having the characters do the sprite-sized...

How do you make cutscenes less boring? Besides having the characters do the sprite-sized equivalent of wild gesticulating, I spose. :V
  15. Prez

I just had a thought - are there many RPGs in which levelling-up only improves your character's stats, while new attacks or skills are tied to your equipment instead? I was considering not having level-ups at all, but that felt like going too far. :V

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I got tired of not having an avatar image. Couldn't think of anything cool. So I'm just using my game's antagonist instead... How original. At least both of our names start with C?
Expectation: Design/dev a game for the game jam | Reality: "These codes suck, why did I do it this way? lemme fix this. Also what if I add feature xyz because... well, I can."
Did my first script call in an event! :kaopride: It's completely useless and just because I thought it'd be cute if looking at clocks in-game made the character say the real-world time, but it's fully functional scripting and I did it all by myself!
Stream will be going live shortly! I will be playing Resident Evil 3 Remake, and then I will be switching to a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Spent all day working on something that ultimately has nothing "flashy" to show at the end of it. But that sense of achievement...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pineappletopcake