Recent content by professorbeej

1. professorbeej

Game & Map Screenshots 10

Yesterday was the 6th anniversary of our steampunk novel, Nimbus. So my partner and I released the first screenshot (still mega-early) of the follow-up RPG that we're working on. Here's an airship dock on the skyport Winglet.
  2. professorbeej

Is it possible to work 2 person on 1 project in the same network

The sync doesn't have to happen manually. Not entirely. Many teams use git to collaborate, myself included. It can be a pain because of the minification in the JSON files, but thanks to folks like @cmdted (this thread, for instance...
  3. professorbeej

JSON files are so compact that git diffs are problematic

If you want to, that's a-okay, but this has made my life so much better, don't worry about it on my account. For real, my partner and I were getting so frustrated about the stuff like system.json and mapinfos that I was going to start doing some reeeeeeeeeeeally hackey stuff with cloning...
  4. professorbeej

I have no idea how to actually set up the Git Hooks, but I did run the node command, and it works like a charm, @cmdted. The only issue that I ran into at all was if I had any extra JS files in there (like I had a folder of generator character JSON files in the /data), the script would freeze...
  5. professorbeej

That would make sense. Maybe one of the beautify scripts running with an ‘update’ hook (or ‘pre-receive’)? I’ve never used any kind of custom hooks like that before.
  6. professorbeej

Save Files as Unminified JSON

That would basically be .gitignoring everything in the repo except for the image assets, wouldn't it? Then my partner wouldn't be able to get any of the changes I made, and I wouldn't get his, if I understand right, right?
  7. professorbeej

I just came here to post about this very thing, as I was asking in the plugin request forums whether any plugins existed for this. I will totally check out the script you wrote and see if it solves our problems with the one-line diffs. You rock for this. And yes, please please please...
  8. professorbeej

Save Files as Unminified JSON

Hey, folks. My partner and I are collaborating remotely on our game, and we are using GitHub to do it. It works great for the most part, except when I am trying to merge branches or pull requests. What happens is that if either of us has edited MapInfos.json or Actors.json or System.json or...
  9. professorbeej

Generator Files on Mac Not Showing Up

So my partner is having real trouble with generator parts showing up in his RMMV installation. He is doing everything right, and his file structure matches up with mine exactly. He is even using the zipped contents of my Generator folder that works. They are the exact files, just copied into his...
  10. professorbeej

Modding the Generator on Mac?

So my partner is having real trouble with this. He is doing everything right, and his file structure matches up with mine exactly. He is even using the zipped contents of my Generator folder that works. They are the exact files, just copied into his app package. But no parts actually show up in...
  11. professorbeej

"Don't go here yet." or Extremely Blatant Roadblocks

I actually like the “I don’t think we have time for that, maybe later” roadblock because it makes me really curious about what’s in there and want to push through until I can come back. I’m also the kind of player who gets super frustrated at lost gametime, so if I accidentally wander into a...
  12. professorbeej

Workflow Question: How do you handle long conversations?

Yeah, I do this. I pretty much wing random NPC flavor dialogue because it gives me the opportunity to be flippant and quirky since it doesn’t push the narrative forward. It’s fun to think “oh there neeeds to be something super weird over here” and then do that, know I’ll make someone laugh, and...
  13. professorbeej

Event Indicators (Quest Markers)

I will say that the plugins downloaded through that link (0.3.2) are working for me with MV 1.6.1 as of this morning. I made sure to put them in multiple places to check, and they even work and display the icons at they very bottom. Example:
  14. professorbeej

looking for a plugin that resizes SV battlers (not monsters)

Will the Yanfly Animated Battlers plugin that lets you use <Scale Sprite: X%> in the note section of an enemy also work for Actor notes? If so, that may do it.
  15. professorbeej

Workflow Question: How do you handle long conversations?

Hah, good to know I haven’t missed some fundamental feature for keeping things more automated for back-and-forths. We’ve got the documents set up for scenes and dialogue and outlines since it’s adapted from one of our steampunk novels, but I was just hoping I wasn’t adding 3x the work on...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Node Graph out of Date. Rebuilding...
Does anyone know of any good Discord groups for art or biology discussion, that sort of thing?
Trying to access kissanime, Facing issues, Here are 5 working KissAnime Alternatives.
I ready asked for bump rules, but I forget to ask how much bumping you can use per thread? How bumping can I post per thread? Thank you.
I've just checked my account balance...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pypi