Recent content by Psykai

1. Psykai

Auto Substitute Specific Party Member?

Thanks for the response ^_^ Unfortunately for me I'd really rather it was a legitimate substitute (with the actor moving to block the other member, etc.) I found this: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/triacontane/RPGMakerMV/master/SubstituteExtend.js which seems to allow what I want, though I...
  2. Psykai

Auto Substitute Specific Party Member?

Hello all, it's been a while! I recently made the transition from VX Ace to MV and began making a sort of 'practice project' as something short and sweet for my friends to play. However despite finding the new plugins system miles better than VX Ace's scripts, I can't seem to quite find what...
  3. Psykai

Certain A2 Tiles Have Become Impassable

Can you change directional passability of A2 Tiles? :S I clicked it but there's no dots or arrows to signify any ability to change that? I just checked the rest though (B-E) and they're all passable in every direction.
  4. Psykai

1) Thanks for the response! :) I was in such a narked frenzy that I forgot to mention that I'd already checked the B-E layers for any rogue X's and all of the blank tiles have O's in them (though it sounds like all blank tiles should be stars instead?) and the top left in B is a star. I didn't...
  5. Psykai

Greetings! I've been in the process of remaking my game from the ground up, using most of the resources I was in the previous version but with whole new map layouts and more efficient event design and all that. I have run into a rather unexpected and frustrating problem in which one of my...
  6. Psykai

Hime's Movement Speed: Make Followers Keep Up?

Haha :) Tried your script out and it's exactly what I needed. Thank you!
  7. Psykai

Issue with Yanfly Party Select and Required Members

I found a work around for this but I have another problem with the same script. By initially disabling the script (setting it to 'false'), it allows me to keep the default formation screen, where I can freely move the characters. However when I go to my NPC, the NPC has a script call for...
  8. Psykai

Thanks :) I changed all the things like the post suggested but it made no difference :( I'll double check tomorrow when I have more time. But it's not looking good :(
  9. Psykai

Greetings! One of my favourite scripts is this one as it comes close to replicating Suikoden's system of being able to talk to an NPC to change your party. However I'm having some problems that I'm unsure as to why they're occuring. The script can be found here...
  10. Psykai

Way to Make DoT Effects Differ for Enemies?

The individual damage cap per enemy one looks perfect :) Thank you so much! I'm a bit distracted with other sections of the game but I'll be playtesting my newest dungeon and boss sometime this week so I'll let you know if there's any problems. Thank you in general for helping with all of my...
  11. Psykai

Dealing with Cutscenes and Character Variety?

I had a thought. After the player has selected their party at the base or someone joins/leaves the party via eventing, the game could then set a variable Party Member 1, 2, 3, 4 etc. to the Game Data for those slots. Then, my cutscene events (which would be called 'Party Member 1, 2, 3, 4')...
  12. Psykai

That sounds great,\. but I assume it applies to all enemies rather than individual ones? For example, if I wanted regular enemies to suffer regular 'On Fire' damage but the bosses to have the damage cap, would that be possible? If not then it doesn't matter, as it would make enemies a little...
  13. Psykai

Hey ^_^ So I ran into a minor problem that I think I might need a small script to fix. I have an 'On Fire' state that most fire spells have a chance of inflicting. It deals more damage over time than Poison, but unlike Poison, it will be removed after X number of turns or X number of steps...
  14. Psykai

Sorry for the delay on responses (and for potentially causing argument? :( ). I decided to plough on with current demo and come back to this particular issue a little later. What I might do is test these scripts in a separate safe environment (an otherwise empty game with just a few thrown...
  15. Psykai

Oof, I'm sorry, I have no idea what to do with any of that, where to put it, which parts to edit etc. :( I'm useless at reading and understanding script. I generally try to avoid it where possible unless it's just a straight copy-paste job, lol.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

normal_water_is_fine.jpg

Just going to use stationary water for the randomized maps. Sure, particles would look cool... But this is about compromising and not spending countless hours making the perfect water particle for each set piece with water. :kaoswt:
Maybe I should get rid of the Banish ability in my game. It's a non-elemental spell that doesn't even appear in the magic chart. It's only there because my Elementalist doesn't use light or dark magic. It only effects summoned creatures.
ScreenShot_5_18_2022_0_37_0.png
I've been redoing all of the major areas in my game. starting with a place called Century Park. thankfully because all of the locations are distorted memories, I can make these places pretty abstract.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tinseltownie