Last Activity:
Feb 18, 2019 at 9:37 AM
Birthday:
July 8

Share This Page

Punamaagi

Hero on their own terms, from Southwest Finland

Veteran

That feeling when you find the perfect tune for your title screen but its chiptune sound doesn't suit the game. >.>' Nov 9, 2017

Punamaagi was last seen:
Feb 18, 2019 at 9:37 AM
    1. Punamaagi
      Punamaagi
      That feeling when you find the perfect tune for your title screen but its chiptune sound doesn't suit the game. >.>'
      1. starlight dream likes this.
      2. KayZaman
        KayZaman
        .....maybe...I use rock metal.
        Nov 9, 2017
        starlight dream likes this.
      3. Punamaagi
        Punamaagi
        I know that I should be able to make my own version of the tune, but I'm not sure whether or not that would be against the EULA. I suppose I'll have to look into that - or see if I can find something similar but in a different style.
        Nov 9, 2017
    2. Punamaagi
      Punamaagi
      Where does all the time go? It's been months since I've worked on my game, and even summer doesn't look promising due to work and RL issues.
      1. fiddlesticks
        fiddlesticks
        Aw you want help :(
        Jun 21, 2017
        Tea's Jams likes this.
      2. Punamaagi
        Punamaagi
        @fiddlesticks: Unfortunately my project is kind of personal in a way (or at least at the moment I have a relatively strong vision of what I'd want it to be like), so I doubt there's much other people could do for me. Thanks for the kind offer, though.
        Jun 21, 2017
        fiddlesticks and Tea's Jams like this.
    3. Punamaagi
      Punamaagi
      I would be proud of my recent composing spree if all of my creations weren't 30-second clips in C minor.
      1. Ms Littlefish and futrchamp like this.
      2. futrchamp
        futrchamp
        Hey, C minor is a good key ;)
        Apr 24, 2017
        Ryzler and Punamaagi like this.
      3. Ms Littlefish
        Ms Littlefish
        Nothing wrong with C minor. I hate playing flats on violin/viola, though, but 3 isn't too bad.

Half of my music ends up in Gmaj/Em or Dmaj/Bm. Sharps are my best friend. I've written in those keys so often that I sort of "think" in them. I'll write in them but change the key at the end for variety's sake.
        Apr 24, 2017
        Punamaagi and futrchamp like this.
      4. Punamaagi
        Punamaagi
        It is a good key, aye, but I find it somewhat amusing and a tiny bit embarrassing that I seem to default to it nowadays. D major at least used to be another subconscious favourite of mine.
        Apr 24, 2017
        futrchamp likes this.
    4. Punamaagi
      Punamaagi
      Shush, brain. For the umpteenth time, don't make me feel tempted to resurrect my second-oldest project. >.>'
      1. Marsigne likes this.
      2. Kes
        Kes
        Resist, resist. Be like Ulysses and stuff your ears with metaphorical wax to resist the siren's call.
        Feb 5, 2017
        Ryzler, fiddlesticks and Punamaagi like this.
    5. Punamaagi
      Punamaagi
      I decided to take a look at my first RPG Maker projects after buying RM2k from the Steam winter sale. Some things haven't changed a lot in 15 years: my game are still a bit too "epic" for my own good... and I still make terrible jokes and puns.
      1. Ryzler and Marsigne like this.
    6. Punamaagi
      Punamaagi
      Time for me to disappear from the Internet for a couple of days and get all sentimental, like I am now when listening to this song. Heavy metal Merry Christmas everyone!
      1. 1 person likes this.
    7. Punamaagi
      Punamaagi
      Lately I've been struggling to get up before noon and (probably as a consequence) going to bed before 3 AM. It's annoying, especially because sun sets early and I miss most of daylight.
      1. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        Well sometimes you get screwed up and need a day to reset; where you sort of stay up a long time so you are tired at a normal time. Sometimes to if you have consistent sleep troubles it might be a sign of insomnia and it can also be both a cause and symptom of anxiety and depression.

I've had to start taking sleep medication to relax and get consistent sleep at night.
        Dec 7, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      2. Punamaagi
        Punamaagi
        I've sometimes wondered whether I could be suffering from seasonal affective disorder (i.e. "winter depression"), but since I only exhibit some of the symptoms, it's probably not the case. Trying to reset my sleep schedule could be a good idea, though.
        Dec 8, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    8. Punamaagi
      Punamaagi
      That hilarious feeling when you start watching a new anime and notice that one of the main characters looks a lot like one of the main characters in your game.
      1. HexMozart88
        HexMozart88
        For me, sometimes the opposite happens. I watch an anime and my main characters look disturbing like those characters and I don't even try to do that.  
        Nov 19, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      2. Punamaagi
        Punamaagi
        I'm pretty sure I've taken inspiration from things I've watched and played even subconsciously, too, heh. I guess it's relatively easy to have a character look like someone else from an anime or a JRPG due to certain tropes and such being popular; what amused me most in my case is that I thought that e.g. the hairstyle I chose for my character would be somewhat original and it's the biggest similarity between him and the other character.

At least I have a good reason to watch Bungou Stray Dogs now. :p
        Nov 19, 2016
  • About

Birthday:
    July 8
    About Me:
    A dreamer, a drifter and a RM dabbler
    First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Just your average RPG Maker enthusiastic who always aims too high when attempting to start a new project (and thus hasn't finished any of them so far). I started with RPG Maker 2000 and have tried pretty much every product in the series from that point forward, but it was only RPG Maker MV that rekindled my enthusiasm.

You can usually find me commenting on the various sections of forums and occasionally also offering advice, but I hope to publish a demo some time in the future as well.

Signature

My projects:
    Our Adventure - joint project with Zelgadis85 / IGMC 2018 contest entry
    Fate is Fickle - TBA