Recent content by Punamaagi

1. Punamaagi

Your forum name?

I think I've replied in a similar thread before, but 'Punamaagi' is a slightly shortened form of 'punainen maagi', which means "red mage" in Finnish. Red Mages have always been my favourite class in the Final Fantasy franchise due to their jack-of-all-trades nature and their style, and I have...
  2. Punamaagi

[Poll] Friendly Fire

I agree with other posters in that friendly fire is okay in tactical games, but I don't personally like it. It tends to frustrate me more than anything else, particularly if it has elements that are difficult to predict or calculate (such as 'chain lightning' type spells in some games)...
  3. Punamaagi

If you could make any laws what laws would you make?

When it comes to my home country (Finland), I'm not sure if I would make any new laws, but I'd definitely change the way our law treats transgender people. Currently, anyone who wishes to officially change their gender needs to be unable to reproduce - i.e. get sterilized if they aren't sterile...
  4. Punamaagi

National Cultural Divergence in Indie Game Development Survey (Help me complete my university project!)

I just filled out the survey. The idea sounded intriguing, so hopefully you'll get enough responses for your research project. One point of criticism I have is that some terms could have been explained better, especially if you want responses from non-native English speakers. For instance, the...
  5. Punamaagi

Skill Duration & Player Engagement

I've been going through my database recently, and I recently started wondering whether skills that last multiple rounds can be considered engaging or interesting. When it comes to skill duration and its relationship with skill effect (damage etc.), I can think of a few skill sub types...
  6. Punamaagi

What Age You Would Choose For your Characters on Your Maker Game?

While I chose 'Adults' in the poll, I often prefer if there's a bit of an age difference between characters. To me, age is a character trait much like race, gender or education, and the differences can lead to interesting dialogue and contrast. The main cast in my project includes both a...
  7. Punamaagi

I've restarted my current main project several times (proven by how I found a folder for it in...

I've restarted my current main project several times (proven by how I found a folder for it in my RMXP files), so it's probably best that I don't do that again, yeah. I reckon I'm mostly torn because I'm curious about MZ and buying an engine without anything to test it on feels like a waste...
  8. Punamaagi

@The Stranger - do you mean start something new in MZ after completing my old project? In that...

@The Stranger - do you mean start something new in MZ after completing my old project? In that case, I'd have to wait quite a while... given how I've barely got a demo done after a few years of fiddling with MV, haha. >.>' I reckon I might be able to work on two projects if the second one (in...
  9. Punamaagi

My biggest dilemma regarding RPG Maker MZ: if I buy it, would it be better to transfer my old...

My biggest dilemma regarding RPG Maker MZ: if I buy it, would it be better to transfer my old project (and accept that I have to start some things from the scratch) or start a new project (and risk abandoning the previous one)?
  10. Punamaagi

RPG MAKER MZ PREORDERS LIVE!

@mlogan Sorry, I might have missed that while skimming through the thread. Too bad that there's no way to reliably generate a discount code to serve the same purpose. Thanks for the fast reply in any case: I'll probably stick with Steam for now and maybe consider buying resource packs here in...
  11. Punamaagi

RPG MAKER MZ PREORDERS LIVE!

I hope I'm not asking a silly question, but is it possible to get the -10% discount for owning MV if you buy MZ from the RMW store yet own MV via Steam? After reading some of the discussion in this thread, I started thinking that I'd like to buy MZ via RPG Maker Web store, but I've bought all...
  12. Punamaagi

Favorite fancy words

"Ephemeral" is one of my favourite fancy words in English, too. I don't use it very often, but I like how poetic it feels, both when it comes to pronunciation and meaning. "Reminiscence" is another word I like a lot, and "awe", despite its shortness, evokes a lot of images in my mind. "Susurrus"...
  13. Punamaagi

What are themes in your RPG game(s)?

I chose 'Perseverance' and 'Courage and heroism'. I also considered adding 'Individual vs. society' to my vote, but in my game, the characters don't struggle with/against the society as much as fate/coincidence. While I'm probably not going to get too deep and philosophical (because I'm not sure...
  14. Punamaagi

share what youre learning this week

I've been studying Java for a little while, and this week I've taught myself how to do graphic elements for the UI. It's a free course organized by one of our universities so it both is structured and has deadlines, which works for me well (as a person who is a massive procrastinator). While I...
  15. Punamaagi

No Travel Game Jam

@QuantumCapybara: I'd imagine that it's perfectly acceptable to have the game take place in a single building. After all, the goal is to limit the game scope to one town at most (to avoid travelling), not to impose a minimum size. I'm working on a game which happens in one manor and its...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I am playing Momodora today and OMG this game is hard! o.o
Really happy to see people from Brazil doing an amazing game :3
Just noticed... I'm now called a Veteran not just Member...
Effervesce Fallacy™ - PV - C'est La Vie, for the best viewing experience, run the EXE, and adjust the audio via Options. The footsteps sounds are once again, barely audible. :frown: The PV only sounds as intended, if BGM Volume is set to 20%, or 40%, depending on your audio hardware.

Stream will be live shortly with some Gex 3! Tonight, I get revenge on the Buccaneer Program! Feel free to drop by!
-Updated- Lowered fog / found more problems :kaoswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sodapopkid