Recent content by Quilly

1. Quilly

Help running a command through a script

I think I've got it. I found the part of SAS that was using player health (dealing damage and whatnot) It was using Game_Player > Game_Character as it's class. Changed class Sapphire_Skill to class Sapphire_Skill < Game_Player actor.hp term works fine. This might even open up some new...
  2. Quilly

Still an error from that one. This can't be true. I used " $game_variables[11] = actor.hp, etc" in the update of the same class, and it functioned, however, lagged the game, as it was executing every frame. I do notice the "char" references now, though. Perhaps I could add the player health...
  3. Quilly

That's the thing, it totally is though. This error occurs after getting in the game, running around my test area, unlocking the skill, then right as I hit the button, the error occurs. I can go take damage from test enemies, use health items, etc, waaaaay before the error, so the game has to...
  4. Quilly

I went through all the command script calls before making my post, however the "-Set Variables equal to amount of Items" is close. I attempted to use "$game_var... = $game_party.members[0].hp" before my post as well, but that yielded nothing; the variable stayed 0. Understood! Sorry for the...
  5. Quilly

All I want to do is set the variable to the player's current hp. I was able to do it with "$game_variables[11] = actor.hp", however it lagged the game pretty hard. Here's the thing: I don't even need to have it updated every frame, which is what I believe that was doing. I just want to use it on...
  6. Quilly

[ACE]Sapphire Action System IV - Melee Skills

Hello once more! After all this time, I've solved my problem and more, and I'd like to document what I've learned for anyone else looking for what I was. While I could post my highly edited script, I am lead to believe that that action isn't allowed, which is understandable. The solution I found...
  7. Quilly

Just curious, did I phrase something incorrectly or not give enough information? Not trying to be impatient, I understand nobody owns me anything here, but even a point in the right direction would be really appreciated. Thanks!
  8. Quilly

Bump and update. I tried to use the timer in someway, however I couldn't figure out to trigger a function when the timer ran out. If there was some way I could track the amount of frames the object has existed for, I could make an "if" statement to destroy the object. Any help would be much...
  9. Quilly

I've been toying with SAS for a few days now, and I'm stuck on an issue I'm sure someone has solved, but I haven't found an answer to. I'm looking to use melee spells/short ranged projectiles, however the script seems insitiant on only destroying a player spell object once it's hit a wall or an...
  10. Quilly

Sixth's Mini-Games - v1.2 (13/12/2015)

Hello! Really like these scripts, especially the QTE Type 2. Regarding that one in particular, is there any way to make the success window on the objects easier? It seems a little unforgiving to have the objects fall at a decently fast speed when the window to successfully hit is so small. Thanks!
  11. Quilly

Changing Sideview Actor Framerate

So I'm not even sure if this is possible, but is there a way to have sideview actors with different frame rates on their animations? I was able to go into rpg_sprites.js to change the frame rate of sideview actor, but I was wondering if there was a way to different characters to move faster or...
  12. Quilly

HP drops to 0 Event Not Working

Didn't even know the immortal state was a thing! Thanks so much :yswt:
  13. Quilly

HP drops to 0 Event Not Working

This is super frustrating and I've been trying for hours. I want an event to trigger when the player dies in this certain troop, but when they do so, it takes you straight to the Game Over screen. I've looked at examples, and it seems in order to do this you need to disable the death state when...
  14. Quilly

Character Sprite Resoultion Issues

Played around in photoshop and found a way to do it. Thank you!
  15. Quilly

Character Sprite Resoultion Issues

So, my character is a giant. When I tried to downscale her, she looks terrible. I got YEP_CoreEngine hoping to match the game resolution to my characters, but the image below is with the game at full screen. I've read all around and can seem to find an answer. What do I do?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

rux
The most words I have ever written in an entire document is in my game's script, jeez i have a lot of characters that ramble on
Yes! I finally did something! This is a picture I drew of what I wish I looked like; I hope that you guys like it!
Finished that egg-sitting mini-game I mentioned here a couple weeks back. Now to fix the weather system so it doesn't rain indoors while you're playing it. >.> A simple fix in itself; leave it to me to take it as an excuse to completely revamp the time/weather/lighting system from scratch.
I'm really tempting to pre order cyberpunk 2077... should I do it or not :/ I really want to play the game but don't want to take a big hit to my saving because of it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OscarCobblepot