RachelTheSeeker
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• "Yeah. It's been a rough road lately. But that's the thing about the Rangers. It doesn't matter how hard it gets, or how many of them fall. They never stop fighting. The Rangers NEVER stop fighting".

Angela Deth, you are a hero of mine. Sorry for my first run of Wasteland 3.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Man did wasteland 3 really botch her character bad in places though, not sure if it was intentional 'you either die a hero or live long enough to become a villain' stuff or maybe she's supposed to be crazy from all the losses in the prior games but a lot of her roll in wasteland 3 made absolutely no sense for her character or even just in general.
    RachelTheSeeker
    RachelTheSeeker
    That, sadly, I do agree with. I guess they were aiming for PTSD getting to her after the prior game's events. I couldn't side with her plan as presented. Apparently if you go for the golden ending -- which I am this second time through -- you can course-correct her plans.
    I'm sorry. I have a bad feeling I've been manic the past couple of days. Antidepressants have only been making things worse somehow -- too drowsy to function, followed by insomnia. Why not making me go crazy to boot?
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Sharm Probably for the best, to be honest. I currently have to take my antidepressants because if I don't I'm subjected to uncomfortable brain shocks and other nasty effects. However, taking them also causes problems. It's just a lose-lose situation. Been thinking about reducing doses until I'm off them completely, because they're not doing a thing for me; the past week is proof of that.
    TheGentlemanLoser
    TheGentlemanLoser
    WaywardMartian
    WaywardMartian
    Antidepressants have helped me a lot, but it's different for everyone and I got lucky that the first type of meds I tried worked for me. If you haven't been on them long, they do mess you up for the first few weeks. If it's been a while, talk to your doctor since they're not working for you. I hope you do find what does work for you.
    Reactions: Sharm
    Sharing my past was a mistake. Will delete the post when I get access to a working internet connection again.
    The more I read Calvin and Hobbes as an adult, the more I deeply respect Bill Watterson. Plenty of stuff flew over my head, but now that I'm old enough to appreciate the viewpoints he shared with the fun and imagination? I am grateful that C&H was basically my early childhood.
    2021 has been the runner-up for the worst year of my life. 2015 may take that title, but '21 is pushing it. Excuses really don't justify how much of a jerk I've been this year to a lot of people.

I'm sorry. I don't intend to be a jerk forever, but I'd rather back up my intent with actions, not words.
    I've gotten far enough to show off most of my intro dungeon, barring the opening boss fight. Meet Raziya, heroine of A Lion in Scarlet. See her beat up and incinerate goblins, and explain game mechanics!
    Kes
    Kes
    Nice, but I do find your text difficult to read, there is so little contrast with the window skin.
    RachelTheSeeker
    RachelTheSeeker
    @Kes Ah, duly noted. Do you think it was the text itself, the window skin color, or something else?
    Kes
    Kes
    For me this issue was that the font colour was, if not actually identical, almost identical with the window skin colour. That just left the font outline to do all the heavy lifting of separating the letters out from the background.
    So something kinda cool happened in Final Fantasy Tactics today while streaming. Saved for posterity. Not safe anywhere a sudden vulgar shout could get you in trouble.

EDIT: No idea why the link isn't working?
    RMN 14th birthday game is completed! If interested, check it out at this page under my account AtiyaTheSeeker! Is a scavenger hunt game with some dialogue, took me about 15-20 minutes to play.
    BirfdayYeen.png
    I think I've got the RMN birthday game ~80% finished, at least before playtesting and any victory lap additions. And likely more playtesting after, in case I break something. For now?
    1622919974070.png
    Got almost two hours into a game jam for RPG Maker Network's birthday tonight, not counting an hour of sprite editing! Here is one room so far, in a game about a gnoll celebrating her thirteenth birthday. Yes, this is fantasy Chuck E Cheese's.
    unknown.png
    It's been a weird while. I've been so torn down that even playing video games has been something I avoided. But I shouldn't forget two things. One, I love RPG Maker for a reason. Two, only way to eat an elephant is a bite at a time.
    I have no idea why I became a bigger jerk than usual at the start of this year. But I apologize for it. None of my lashing out has been appropriate and even if it would be, I am better than that.
    Would be a joy to be able to delete profile posts, so I don't have to stare at my cringy lie about a hobby I can't ever force myself to try in c:
    Quexp
    Quexp
    [deleted]
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    If it makes you feel any better, I used to lie about going to work when I was struggling to accept I was too mentally unwell to work. I'd dress up and commute to no where in particular so strangers would think I was heading to work. Don't do it anymore, but I look back at it and laugh. lol.
    Alador
    Alador
    oh tell me about it-
    Getting inspiration from, of all places, Digimon World 3. If I'm more worried about practicing game mechanics than story right now, why not a dungeon crawl? Partly inspired by Etrian Odyssey as well. |3
    Hey, is there any way I can redownload newer DLC purchases? I bought some of the Animation Selects, but I can't seem to access them. They aren't under My Account in the "old site" version of RM Web.
    Of all the writer's block hangups, no one seems to account for the biggest factor I suffer from. Self-doubt, and the self-loathing that comes from it when I struggle. All just a vicious cycle that keeps me from doing anything.
    RachelTheSeeker
    RachelTheSeeker
    I mean, I get that, ImaginaryVillain. Fake it till you make it, right? I feel like I'm a decent artist and writer, but definitely not so for being a game dev. Still, complaining isn't getting me anywhere. I probably need to scrap and salvage the ideas that aren't going anywhere.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    As it turns out, eventually everybody telling you you're something (such as an artist) is quite the confidence booster. Eventually you'll even come to believe it yourself. Then you'll stop doubting yourself and just be what you decided you are. :LZSexcite:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    There is something to be said for focusing, and refining ideas. I know I've thrown out a lot of ideas... Including "famously" an entirely hour long game experience because I decided I could do better. The further in I get, the more I realize a refined simple experience is better than a deeply complex unrefined one.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

both love and pain have no boundaries
Happy Saint Nicholas Day! May there nice stuff in your shoes when you wake up!
Choosing Beggars are the best source of entertainment.
DavidUchina wrote on caethyril's profile.
You chad, thanks a lot for your plugins. You helped me costumize the buttons in my game.
I created the first teaser for my game! I decided to make an animation of Cabaret Helen advertising the Pizza Time Theater, set to an actual radio commercial. But this is no ordinary advertisement...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luxxusburger