Dec 9, 2019 at 9:51 PM
Birthday:
Sep 3, 1991 (Age: 28)
Janitor

Share This Page

RachelTheSeeker

Suddenly, a summer breeze..., Female, 28, from Lockport, NY

Veteran

So uh. It's been a while, and I've got two completed event games from RPG Maker Network. Tempted to share 'em if anyone's interested? Aug 21, 2019

RachelTheSeeker was last seen:
Dec 9, 2019 at 9:51 PM
    1. RachelTheSeeker
      RachelTheSeeker
      Going to try and draw up the face portrait for a character on my tablet. Wish me luck!
    2. RachelTheSeeker
      RachelTheSeeker
      My latest idea can be either somewhat decent, or a HUGE flop. What I -will- need is to do a lot of drawing in order to assemble all the battlers I'll need for it...
    3. RachelTheSeeker
      RachelTheSeeker
      Ugh. Thinking about going back to regular old VX; cannot get the d20 system to work as well as I'd hoped, yet know I could easily do so with VX. x_x
      1. Gigglemoo
        Gigglemoo
        What is the problem mate?
        Nov 7, 2012
      2. RachelTheSeeker
        RachelTheSeeker
        Sorry for the delay; the problem's addressed here:
        Nov 9, 2012
    4. RachelTheSeeker
      RachelTheSeeker
      Just finished mapping out character stats and when the five magic-users gain spells. Only 30 spells in the game, not counting TP-using techniques and enemy powers; trying to keep it simple but effective, using Dragon Quest 2 as inspiration.
    5. RachelTheSeeker
      RachelTheSeeker
      Compiling info for my upteenth revision of my main game. Will be using a quasi-d20 system for after all. =)
    6. RachelTheSeeker
      RachelTheSeeker
      Why can I not feel satisfied with using the numerous resources for a game available to me...?
      1. Thalzon
        Thalzon
        Because no matter how pretty they are, they will never match exactly what you envision for your environments.
        Nov 3, 2012
      2. Celianna
        Celianna
        Or mostly because you just want exclusive resources no one else has.
        Nov 3, 2012
    7. RachelTheSeeker
      RachelTheSeeker
      Working on new characters for my main RPG: a lady templar and a vixen samurai.
      1. ShinGamix
        ShinGamix
        sounds like a new quinten terinteno movie.
        Oct 16, 2012
    8. RachelTheSeeker
      RachelTheSeeker
      From people who've worn heavy sports padding and gear before: if you had to wear it as improvised body armor, and wanted to use gaming terms to describe it, would you call it "heavy", "medium", or "light" armor? Mostly, in terms of weight and movement restriction.
      1. hyde9318
        hyde9318
        Football or Hockey padding, as for modern standards, certainly heavy armor.
        Oct 13, 2012
      2. Reynard Frost
        Reynard Frost
        Medium armor. Kevlar would be heavy.
        Oct 13, 2012
      3. Demiurge
        Demiurge
        It depends on what other armor you'd be using. If you're using anything heavier (eg Kevlar) then sports gear would go medium. If not, I'd say heavy.
        Oct 13, 2012
    9. RachelTheSeeker
      RachelTheSeeker
      After close to a half-hour or more of fiddling around with scripts, I think I've finally got the basis down for a quasi-d20 system in my game! Excelsior and hallelujah!
      1. View previous comments...
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Wow! I'd love to know how you've managed to do this.
        Oct 11, 2012
      3. RachelTheSeeker
        RachelTheSeeker
        I'll be honest, it was mostly with help. Found someone had posted a D&D attack formula, and just needed to tweak it and add in a new stat with a script. Regardless, I'm sure I can pull the rest of it off, too, though my main problem is with making a D&D-style stat to resist status ailments...
        Oct 11, 2012
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        I saw a D&D attack script on a forum once, can't remember where it was hehehe. I have a small code snippet which makes luck a useless stat, well, it prevents luck from having any influence over states, buffs etc.
        Oct 11, 2012
    10. RachelTheSeeker
      RachelTheSeeker
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Oooh. What tabletop games do you play?
        Oct 4, 2012
      3. RachelTheSeeker
        RachelTheSeeker
        Quite a few. D&D (3rd edition and up), White Wolf games, Mutants and Masterminds, and most recently, Savage Worlds.
        Oct 4, 2012
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        I play both the new, and old, world of darkness games by White Wolf. I've never really had a chance to play D&D, but I have played a Savage Worlds game called "Solomon Kane". I also play Hellfrost, and I've played a few games of Exalted.
        Oct 4, 2012
    11. RachelTheSeeker
      RachelTheSeeker
      Speaking of steampunk: energy weapons in my side project (that takes place in the same world), yea or nay?
      1. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        If they fit the setting, then go for it. If they seem totally out of place, and there's no real explanation as to why these energy weapons exist, then I wouldn't use them. It's up to you though.
        Oct 4, 2012
      2. RachelTheSeeker
        RachelTheSeeker
        *nods* Well, I was planning on having a few sci-fi anachronisms, the technology of which is powered by alchemical substances. I'll think it over, and wait for more opinions (if I get any), but regardless, thanks for the input, man.
        Oct 4, 2012
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Fair enough, if you want to use machines which are powered by some form of alchemical substance, be it a real chemical or otherwise, that's entirely up to you -I'm a big fan of strange machines which are powered by weird science and almost magical ingredients- you just need them to have a connection to your world. I guess it's entirely up to you how complex you want to make your world, how much history you want to design etc. I hope it works out.
        Oct 4, 2012
    12. RachelTheSeeker
      RachelTheSeeker
      After that trainwreck that was trying to stream last night, I'd managed to add a few additions to my game. Spell/technique lists for all but one PC are finished, and decided on making the game steampunk fantasy, as I'd first intended a year or two when I first came up with the idea.
    13. RachelTheSeeker
      RachelTheSeeker
      Well, that was a complete and utter failure... @#$*ing ancient computer screws me again...#crestfallen
    14. RachelTheSeeker
      1. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Nothing is happening there.
        Oct 3, 2012
      2. RachelTheSeeker
        RachelTheSeeker
        Sorry; thing froze and needed to restart. Will have it up momentarily. =(
        Oct 3, 2012
    15. RachelTheSeeker
      RachelTheSeeker
      Desktop Producer keeps crashing; trying to fix it for the stream...
      1. RachelTheSeeker
        RachelTheSeeker
        Welp, Desktop Presenter's a piece of crap. Reading up on how to stream with VLC...
        Oct 3, 2012
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        There's always something which throws a spanner in the works. Hehehe
        Oct 3, 2012
    16. RachelTheSeeker
      RachelTheSeeker
      Streaming my main project in 30 minutes, to anyone interested!
      2. Kaiser
        Kaiser
        I'm gonna go excersie and hopefully come back and watch it.
        Oct 3, 2012
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Where will you be streaming? You didn't leave a link in your last status.
        Oct 3, 2012
      4. RachelTheSeeker
        RachelTheSeeker
        Will be streaming on Ustream; sorry for the lack of info. Will provide a link in just a sec...
        Oct 3, 2012
    17. RachelTheSeeker
      RachelTheSeeker
      Streaming at 7:30 PM EST tonight, if anyone's interested.
      1. RachelTheSeeker
        RachelTheSeeker
        My goal for tonight's session of RPG Making: gathering scripts and resources, and testing a d20-style battle system!
        Oct 3, 2012
    18. RachelTheSeeker
      RachelTheSeeker
      Might consider streaming my project(s), if anyone's interested in seeing me work on them.
      1. regigliak
        regigliak
        I would watch it
        Oct 2, 2012
    19. RachelTheSeeker
      RachelTheSeeker
      So many projects to choose, so little time... I'm bent on my current project that I'd asked about on the forums (in regards to the retelling) -- what I cannot decide on is a side-project to not burn myself out on the main one. x_x
      1. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        I think that's a good idea. I have a side project I'm working on, I don't dedicate the same amount of time to it as I do my primary project, but it is a distraction when I need to take a break from my main project.
        Sep 29, 2012
    20. RachelTheSeeker
      RachelTheSeeker
      Lockpicking system: yea or nay? I was planning on having two character being able to open locked stuff -- doors for shortcuts and treasure chests -- with one being better than the other. Also was thinking of including magic keys that are one-use items to unlock locked stuff that's not important to the story. Lockpicks can be snapped upon failure, but not every time you fail -- magic keys will always vanish when used, but work 100% of the time.
      2. RachelTheSeeker
        RachelTheSeeker
        Definitely. Will consider whether or not it'd be useful -- otherwise, indeed, was planning on having lockpicking be used to get through a dungeon or two quicker, or provide escape routes if you're running low on supplies.
        Sep 26, 2012
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Ah, sorry. Hehehe. Must've missed the part about shortcuts. The escape routes sound like a good idea, perhaps you could even reward players with hidden bits of lore or something.
        Sep 26, 2012
      4. RachelTheSeeker
        RachelTheSeeker
        Ooh! Good call, both Liberty and Cain. Early on, I'd imagine the dungeons would be shorter, and thus less of a need to leave for provisions -- hence, the main 'rogue' for that may as well have chest expertise. And, considering I like to develop settings' lore, I think making info one of a lockpicker's rewards could work. =)
        Sep 26, 2012
  • About

Birthday:
    Sep 3, 1991 (Age: 28)
    Janitor
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Interests:
    Writing, drawing, friends, video games, music

Interact