Dec 9, 2019
Birthday:
Sep 3, 1991 (Age: 28)
Janitor

Share This Page

RachelTheSeeker

Suddenly, a summer breeze..., Female, 28, from Lockport, NY

Veteran

So uh. It's been a while, and I've got two completed event games from RPG Maker Network. Tempted to share 'em if anyone's interested? Aug 21, 2019

RachelTheSeeker was last seen:
Dec 9, 2019
    1. RachelTheSeeker
      RachelTheSeeker
      After some downtime, the iconset for my project is finished!
      1. RachelTheSeeker
        RachelTheSeeker
        Spoke too soon; forgot I wanted icons for each character's techniques. =\ Also, might add more depending on whether or not I want to throw in some key items.
        Sep 25, 2012
    2. RachelTheSeeker
      RachelTheSeeker
      Just finished spending a couple hours making a custom iconset, pasting them in by hand into a template with Paint.Net. Worth it? So totally.
    3. RachelTheSeeker
      RachelTheSeeker
      Oh, the joys of deleting everything in a new project's skill and equipment databases, only to add your own content...!
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Neon Black
        Neon Black
        Reminds me I want to make a script that destroys projects. Literally just destroys them.
        Sep 22, 2012
      3. RachelTheSeeker
        RachelTheSeeker
        That... I would love that.
        Sep 22, 2012
      4. Neon Black
        Neon Black
        I keep hearing that and wondering if I'd even be allowed to post such a thing.
        Sep 22, 2012
    4. RachelTheSeeker
      RachelTheSeeker
      Editing face portraits I've made with VX Ace's character generator. Thank you, Paint.Net!
    5. RachelTheSeeker
      RachelTheSeeker
      So. Let's just say my current avatar and member title are implications to something... something that I can hopefully share with y'all before winter arrives this year...
      1. Zeramae
        Zeramae
        This was the animated film you were talking about in your topic?
        Sep 21, 2012
    6. RachelTheSeeker
      RachelTheSeeker
      To anyone interested: I need advice and/or constructive criticism on game dev. If up for providing either, check out my topic in the General Discussion sub-forum of the Game Development forum.
    7. RachelTheSeeker
      RachelTheSeeker
      -Finally- getting to work on my dungeon-hacking project. First step: compiling sprites, and making many of my own. Thank you, VX Ace character generator.
    8. RachelTheSeeker
      RachelTheSeeker
      Working on faces for my latest project. Probably going to do more in-depth work before, well, work tomorrow.
    9. RachelTheSeeker
      RachelTheSeeker
      Is getting more ATK at the cost of less Evasion and Crit % a good trade-off?
      1. Acetonide
        Acetonide
        I think so.. But then again I naturally just don't even bother with defense. Dx
        Aug 16, 2012
      2. Crimson Dragon Inc.
        Crimson Dragon Inc.
        depends how tough you gonna make the battles?

do the enemies hit hard or are they more magic orientated
        Aug 16, 2012
      3. RachelTheSeeker
        RachelTheSeeker
        A bit of half-and-half, really... most likely to include at least one hard-hitting foe and one skill-oriented one per dungeon.
        Aug 16, 2012
    10. RachelTheSeeker
      RachelTheSeeker
      Compiling sprites to make templates; doing so in order to use a visual equipment script for my science fantasy project.
    11. RachelTheSeeker
      RachelTheSeeker
      For my urban science fantasy, I've come up with a story arc during work today (which went fast as greased lightning). To avoid spoiling it too much, it reminds me of Cecil's trials toward heroism from Final Fantasy 4.
      1. Knightmare
        Knightmare
        I'm interested to see how it all will play out.
        Aug 4, 2012
      2. RachelTheSeeker
        RachelTheSeeker
        Thank you; I intend for the story arc to be fairly early, as it involves the joining of a new party member into the hero's entourage.
        Aug 4, 2012
    12. RachelTheSeeker
      RachelTheSeeker
      So. Etrian Odyssey 4 has me inspired to work on my one dungeon-hacking game I wanted to make quite a while back. Even though it's only out in Japan ATM, the preview info from it makes me want a 3DS.
    13. RachelTheSeeker
      RachelTheSeeker
      Okay, didn't realize I needed screenshots for my project before posting in the Early Project Feedback forum. Glad I caught myself; regardless... *derp*
    14. RachelTheSeeker
      RachelTheSeeker
      After a long-arse hiatus, I am building up steam (and resources, as I had to reformat my computer a couple weeks ago) to make an RPG. The genre? Urban science fantasy!
      1. Knightmare
        Knightmare
        Hey Wulf, long time. Urban science fantasy sounds fun, but how would that even work?
        Aug 1, 2012
      2. RachelTheSeeker
        RachelTheSeeker
        Indeed, been too long. In regards to the game, it's going to be mostly urban fantasy, with a few bits of sci-fi technology that work due to alchemical substances. Easiest way I can describe similar ideas include the following: the tabletop game Deadlands (mixing steampunk with fantasy, albeit the fantasy being mostly horror-related), or even Star Wars, to stretch it a bit (sci-fi setting where some can use spiritual psionics, AKA The Force).
        Aug 1, 2012
    15. RachelTheSeeker
      RachelTheSeeker
      A strange feeling can be had from the following mixture: a) working on weapons for an urban fantasy project, B) listening to an indie game OST, and c) wanting to play FO:NV.
      1. Kevvviiinnn
        Kevvviiinnn
        what OST?
        Jun 27, 2012
      2. RachelTheSeeker
        RachelTheSeeker
        The one for La-Mulana; specifically, the WiiWare version.
        Jun 27, 2012
    16. RachelTheSeeker
      RachelTheSeeker
      Well, my free trial for VX is up -- almost time to get Ace. Just need to assess my finances.
      1. Knightmare
        Knightmare
        Buy it with this (Hands Wolf some Monopoly money)
        May 17, 2012
    17. RachelTheSeeker
      RachelTheSeeker
      Too... many... icons... at the least, my iconset is almost finished. Just have to edit a couple of preexisting icons, and create four of my own -- a main gauche, stiletto, tabarzin, and colichemarde.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Fafnir
        Fafnir
        Needs more glaive-guisarmes.
        May 9, 2012
      3. RachelTheSeeker
        RachelTheSeeker
        Perhaps a spatha, especially given the fact that I'd like to try and make a game inspired by the Glory of Heracles/Hercules series of RPGs. Glaive-guisarmes... why not?
        May 11, 2012
      4. RachelTheSeeker
        RachelTheSeeker
        Also... *cannotdetectpossiblesarcasm*
        May 11, 2012
    18. RachelTheSeeker
      RachelTheSeeker
      It's all coming together for me now; I finally know what I want to do with my upcoming RPG Maker game, as well as how I'll do it. Just... need another week's pay so I can get the full version of VX Ace. ^^;
      1. Knightmare
        Knightmare
        Sounds good. Just beware that one you get Ace you'll never go back.
        May 8, 2012
      2. RachelTheSeeker
        RachelTheSeeker
        @Knightmare: Oh, I know, I know... I originally planned to do my projects on just regular ol' VX, before I realized how much easier it could be on Ace...
        May 8, 2012
    19. RachelTheSeeker
      RachelTheSeeker
      Anyone know if there's a script (or an eventing process) which lets you swap party members if the main party is defeated?
    20. RachelTheSeeker
      RachelTheSeeker
      Been going back and forth with ideas for games that I wish to do. Let's just say that the concept I decided on for my story-based game is going to be partly inspired by a canceled game of mine... and that some things in life never change. [/toosubtle?]
  • About

Birthday:
    Sep 3, 1991 (Age: 28)
    Janitor
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Interests:
    Writing, drawing, friends, video games, music

Interact

Content: