Dec 9, 2019
Birthday:
Sep 3, 1991 (Age: 28)
Janitor

Share This Page

RachelTheSeeker

Suddenly, a summer breeze..., Female, 28, from Lockport, NY

Veteran

So uh. It's been a while, and I've got two completed event games from RPG Maker Network. Tempted to share 'em if anyone's interested? Aug 21, 2019

RachelTheSeeker was last seen:
Dec 9, 2019
    1. RachelTheSeeker
      RachelTheSeeker
      Out of curiosity... if and when I finish a game (or at least get a demo out), should I include the credits in-game, in a .txt document bundled with the game in a .zip file, or both?
      1. Hesufo
        Hesufo
        Both - the game itself should have the mark of the author somewhere and credits help with it (this, to avoid potential plagiarism. Very small chance, but it CAN happen!)

Text file, for easy access to players.
        May 1, 2012
      2. Reynard Frost
        Reynard Frost
        In-game is fine. No need to include it in a text file because nobody will likely take the time to read it. Include some credits in the beginning or have the entire credits as an option on the main menu to select.
        May 1, 2012
      3. RachelTheSeeker
        RachelTheSeeker
        *nods* Definitely. Thanks for the info, guys; I was planning on just putting them as a choice in-game at a "Start new game?" prompt. =)
        May 1, 2012
    2. RachelTheSeeker
      RachelTheSeeker
      Now then. Down to business. Brainstorming stuff for my story-based game. Have most of what I want to do with the dungeon-hacking game already figured out, as well; just need to begin working on sprites and actually using the maker itself to begin piecing it together.
      1. Knightmare
        Knightmare
        Cool. Once you get knee deep in it it will be hard to stop. Here's for the best (toasts to a couple mugs of "milk") cheers.
        May 2, 2012
    3. RachelTheSeeker
      RachelTheSeeker
      Sorry if this update's a bit too soon from my last one. Anyway, had an epiphany of how I can stat out the characters for my EO-inspired game WITHOUT spending ages doing, like, +50 characters' stats. O_O
    4. RachelTheSeeker
      RachelTheSeeker
      With the opinions added, I am deciding that my main project will be story-based, due to the fact that I feel I could complete it in a timely fashion. For my EO-inspired game, I'd need to make a TON of sprites. Regardless, I'll probably work on both at the same time, but will lean toward my story-based RPG a bit more.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. RachelTheSeeker
        RachelTheSeeker
        @Knightmare: Easy, dude... I'm still not 100% sure which I'm going to focus more on, thinking things over. Felt I had more work to be done with the EO game as, not only did I need to make custom sprites, but I ALSO need to stat all of them out, and well... you'll see why stating them will be a pain unless I take a couple of shortcuts. Overall, like I said, I'll probably work on both simultaneously, so... chill out!
        Apr 29, 2012
      3. Knightmare
        Knightmare
        I know I was just ribbing man. I hope whatever you do works out for you. If you're good with story I'm sure it will turn out fine.
        Apr 29, 2012
      4. RachelTheSeeker
        RachelTheSeeker
        *nods* Sorry; at times I have trouble telling a joke or sarcasm from being serious. This was one of those times. ^^;
        Apr 29, 2012
    5. RachelTheSeeker
      RachelTheSeeker
      So... I'm at my wit's end at what I want to attempt for an RPG. Should I try for a party-choosing, dungeon-hacking game inspired by Etrian Odyssey? Or, should I attempt something more storyline-based?
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Archeia
        Archeia
        Pick one that you really feel like working on and can finish within a reasonable time span.
        Apr 29, 2012
      3. Knightmare
        Knightmare
        From personal experience start with something simpler and save the custom grahpics and deep storyline stuff for later. My personal opinion start with the Etrian Odyssey type game.
        Apr 29, 2012
      4. Hesufo
        Hesufo
        Dungeon crawlers FTW.
        Apr 29, 2012
  • About

Birthday:
    Sep 3, 1991 (Age: 28)
    Janitor
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses: